main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Neil Marshall and Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TtheForceHurts, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I don't know if this warrants a new thread, but Latinoreview floated the rumor that Neil Marshall (The Descent, several great GoT episodes etc.) has met with Lucasfilm. They believe that he may be the third Spin -Off (Red Five?) director or maybe directing some Rebels episodes.

I have another idea. I think he might be the director of EPVIII. As far as we know, Abrams has only signed on as director of EPVII. He and Kasdan might be producers for the whole ST, but I think that they rather follow the OT route with different directors for each movie. Since Josh Trank has already be revealed for the second spinoff, which will come to the screen AFTER EPVIII, I think it is more likely that Marshall will do EVIII instead of Spin-Off III in 2020...

Given that the second movie in a lot of trilogies (the OT included) is often the darkest one, I think that Neil Marshall would be an excellent choice.

What do you think?

markdeez likes this.
  2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    His filmography is more in line with what they've been looking for for the spin-off directors. If he did meet with LFL, my guess is it was for that.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't think he's episode VIII, but I could see him pitching/ getting a spin off. I hope so, he'd do a good job.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    He certainly knows how to do large action scenes - Blackwater Bay & Castle Black

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    He's a huge fan of Indiana jones, I reckon we're getting another tv series.

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I'm hoping its for a tv live action series and as others have speculated they where asking him how to save money yet pull it off believably as well as he did on both accounts.

7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    The Indy thing is something I wondered about too.

8. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Shouldn't this be in the Spin-off forum???

I am not too familiar with his work, except for The Descent, which should be called "The Decent", because I didn't find it to be anything but average!!

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    If they want VIII out in 2017 then they'll need another director. If JJ does it then it won't be out until 2018.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Since it seems slightly more likely that this (if even true) is for a Spin-Off, I've moved it to the Spin-Offs forum. If it turns out to be for E8 we can move it back to the ST forums, and if it turns out to be for a TV show the discussion should then move to the SW TV forums.

11. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't know how I feel about him directing a feature film (I really want Disney to start seeking out some more interesting talents for those) but he is PERFECT for a live action TV series. The problem with bringing Star Wars to TV has always been budget. Neil Marshall has proved he can bring damn-near movie quality visuals on a TV budget. He could be the one to finally crack the code.

12. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I was not a fan of the Castle Black battle. It was an epic battle in the book and felt like far less in the show. The top of the wall seemed pointless as there were only about 10 people climbing the wall. We got a cut away of the giant and missed an important character dying as a result. Hopefully whatever he works on with Star Wars is more on par with the Blackwater Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.