main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Nephilim

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rainbow Serpent, Oct 19, 2018.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Death by snoo snoo?

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay well I'm certainly not a theologian either, but if God created everything and everyone then these other spirits were his creations too. And I'm guessing that he didn't create them to be intrinsically evil either.

If the scientific community comes around to the consensus that these guys were real, then okay. I'm no expert on any of this either, but I see no reason why scientists would lie about this. Even so, what's the significance of nephilim? Whether they existed or not doesn't have any bearing on our day-to-day lives today, and it's not terribly important to the Christian faith either. If for some reason they were or are a problem, God will deal with it in the end. So yeah, my view on this is that the people who worry about these things just have their heads up in the clouds.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I prefer the Nephilim of Supernatural over those in the bible. They are far better written and are the offspring of angels and humans. The angels consider them abominations and try to kill them. Angel are pretty uptight in that respect.

This is Jack. He is a Nephilim. His father is Lucifer, but he's really a good kid and considers his father to be Castiel, another angel who's must nicer.
    [​IMG]

4. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    @Alpha-Red well from a scientific standpoint, you study things to understand them. Archeology is all about the past. It doesn't effect our lives today, but the basis is to see the things of the past to learn about our predecessors, how they lived, etc. Historically in a different context is to understand so that we can know what to do and not in the future. So the underline is that it doesn't hurt.

And theologians don't fully understand either thus the debate.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Theologians also study if the Adam and Eve story is just a G-rated, metaphor/summary-version of the "Nephilim" story.

The idea is that the Nephilim story is the original Jewish legend on the origin of evil... angels and humans mingling, creating the birth of civilization as well as all of its problems, ending in the Flood and the world's great "second chance." But that some Jewish elders/scholars thought that this was too crude to tell others, and invented the story of Adam and Eve, with the serpent offering the "forbidden fruit" to Eve being a metaphor for angels seducing humans in the Nephilim story. Over the years, it became more popular than the Nephilim story, and was pushed back to the beginning of the timeline, and the older origin myth of humanity and evil was discarded until only those short verses were actually written down when the Tanakh was compiled. Though there are still echoes of it, like Paul writing that women should cover their heads or else an angel see them from the sky and seduce them. The story of Lillith is another apocryphal tale that fits this theme, trying to make sex become more explicit in the origin story again.

So it's interesting from an academic point of view on the historical evolution of a religion/mythology.

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Rainbow Serpent

Rainbow Serpent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2018
    fatburt why do you think the mainstream media labled conspiracy theory are fake and you should not listen to them. and the earth is not flat for me

ramza i consume all media

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm jealous. My theory demons keep coming down to buy me socks for Satan.

8. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Again, got to take it with a grain of salt. It's not like the Rabbis are right about everything or agree with everything in those views either. The general consensus though is that they existed. In whatever shape or form. The lilith thing is also...well, again its interesting but eh. There was this Tanakh online where it was translated more from the ancient hebrew/aramaic that mentioned more stuff, gave more detail. But it's still not explaining everything

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    o_O

Where did you originally hear this tale? Genuinely curious...

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    what if hilary is a neffilin

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

For one, your use of mainstream media is very telling, but I am pleased you at least recognise a none flat world

Second the vast majority of conspiracy theories are just that. Theories (not in a scientific sense) typically these theories are put forwards by people you would either avoid f you saw in the street or would outright laugh at if they came up to you and spouted off. The fact they are on YouTube does not give them any more credence.

Facts are born of evidence and information that can be corroborated and either replicated or validated in one form or another by many differing people.
    This is why the VAST majority of scientists say that climate change and evolution is real.
    This is why the VAST majority of scientists and amateur astronomers agree that man went to the moon as there are tests that can be done only as a result of things we have left there (this ignores that fact that Russia would still be having a field day with the US if it was actually fake).

If a counter argument sounds very or even a little nutty then it probably is. If there is scant evidence for it then it's probably not true. If the evidence put forwards is more of an appeal to emotion rather than a stating of cold hard facts then it's probably not true or you should at least go away and look into it in more detail using known trustworthy sources.

13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Elizabeth Warren .

Rogue1-and-a-half and Sarge like this.
  14. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018

no most of the conspiracy is based off facts. lets use glen beck from fox news from what i watched Smithsonian been covering up information about are past that's a fact. and from that they create theory on what they are doing

and i heard that tale on an old youtube video from years ago

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    She took a DNA test and she's 0.003% nephilim. Take that, haters.

16. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018
    an old youtube video

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    An old YouTube video?

18. Rainbow Serpent

Aug 23, 2018
    is were i heard the tale

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
  20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Heard what tale?

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    [face_plain]

holy ****.

The giants that would steal "Indian" women and **** them to death.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Maybe It's just because I'm at intermission at the MST3K Live show, but your conspiracy stuff is just ****ing boring, kid. I expect a lot more from a thread called Nephilim. Step up your game.

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Pooping people to death is just sick. No wonder God hated those tall freaks.

24. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Do you think Bigfoot is a nephilim? If so, was his mom a bear or like a gorilla? And if a gorilla, how did he get to North America? And why isn't he a redhead?

25. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018