main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [NERRRD] Observations, rhetorical questions, comments & 55 Years of Star Trek (General Thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Maybe the transwarp drive is such a shocker that even he's having trouble wrapping his head around it - or Starfleet tried to keep it under wraps but was'nt wholly sucessful? (Sulu would only be formally informed once he took command, but rumors have slipped out so he already has that information even if he's unsure if it's true - Styles seems like the kind of guy who would go around boasting when he should keep his mouth shut, after all).

He might just be holding onto what little hope he has left at that point, even if it's not really rational.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Jedi Merkurian and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Very nice! I'm glad that the RPG is rolling onwards.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  5. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Now I kind of want a show about a Klingon real estate agent for some reason.

seeker_two, Juliet316, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Wow, what an interesting revelation!

*Discovers water is wet*

*Learns grass is green*

:p

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    My take, as well.

K2771991 likes this.
  11. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Wasn't Number One (in "The Cage") supposed to be Pike's XO? She was a helmsman, if I recall correctly. Spock, as Kirk's XO, was the science officer.

I don't think it was until later that the XO wasn't a specific crew position (like helmsman or science officer).

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    What I love about this interview is learning even though Alexander Siddig anglicized his name for acting, apparently his friends call him Sid. This is oddly heartwarming for me.

Also: holy **** if Robinson was pulling all of those story beat/character names off the top of his head for this interview, he's even better than I realized!

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh it's a great interview, I'm just amused by the idea that "I played Garak as queer. Queer for Bashir." is supposed to be some new insight or whatever. :p

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Might be for the bigots.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Fun edit:

Eh, I don't think we need to turn Sulu depressed in the moment just to reintegrate deleted audio ;).

I think he's stayed pretty connected to Trek through conventions and such- plus one assumes that, at the very least, he likely brushed up on the series for the DS9 documentary.

K2771991 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Favourite Bashir/Garak episode? Our Man Bashir, easy. Gets the dynamic down, very quippy, interesting holodeck malfunction, and freaking Bond everyone being very hokey.

Just saw this now, early August for Lower Decks on CBSAA (9pm on CTVSciFi and Crave). First look at the ship, big ole space in the middle! (Kinda weird looking but I'm assuming it fits with the tone)

Iron_lord, Juliet316 and K2771991 like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Makes me think of the Steamrunner. That has the same "tiny secondary hull with deflector"

[​IMG]

But the above ship looks older - more like the Galaxy-class than the Sovereign-class. Maybe it's the "ancestor" of the Steamrunner?

18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    When I think of Lower Decks, I keep thinking about that one TNG episode about the junior officers, and the Vulcan getting on Geordi's nerves.

BTW, the actor who played Taurik in that episode would play Vorik in Voyager.

19. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Cue that meme of the couple walking hand in hand with the guy turning to look at the chick walking the other direction, only with Garek walking with Bashir and turning to look at Ziyal:p

Look Andy, buddy, I know you really want Garek to be gay, but we don't always get what we want - if we did Kira would have gotten with me instead of Odo=((

ENT/TOS the XOs always seemed to pull "double duty" as something else*. It seems that by the time of TNG, however, most or all ships have the XO just be the XO (probobly becuase the systems are less crew intensive)

*the only places this is unclear are the Reliant and the Excelsior - we don't know if Chekov had anouther job on the former and we don't know who was the XO on the latter to begin with (my guess has always been Rand, though a lot of beta canon works assume its Valtane)

Jeri Taylor (who is actually the mother of their shared actor) once suggested the characters were twin brothers. I think Starship Creator took that and ran with it.

He seems more like a Sid then an Alex to me anyway.

I don't think depressed is the right word, lol. He just really, really wants to get on the Excelsior;)

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Happy Seven of Nine Day

[​IMG]

"Celebrations are irrelevant."

BigAl6ft6, TCF-1138 , Gamiel and 4 others like this.
  21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

22. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    What makes it Seven of Nine Day, exactly?

(...not that I'm complaining).

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Isn't that November 8th, 2016?

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Today is 7/09. I suppose if we wanted to be more correct, the Sept. 7th (Seven of Nine) might work better...

TCF-1138 , Gamiel, Juliet316 and 5 others like this.
  25. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    You just made up a holiday, did'nt you?

Be honest[face_mischief]