main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [NERRRD] Observations, rhetorical questions, comments & 55 Years of Star Trek (General Thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Dammit! I’ll fix it later (can’t really do that on mobile, need a desktop).

2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    But I heard they were all cancelled and Kurtzman was fired and Rick Berman is back and Star Trek The Next Generation 2 has been greenlit and girls with big boobs will be wearing skin-tight uniforms again and...

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    K2771991 likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Forget it, I give up trying to extract functional embeds from Memory-Alpha! :p

I think it's because this file was a jpg not a png, so there wasn't weird webp crap to circumvent, just image resizing gobblygook that the boards img embeds do not like.

Anyways, it was a picture of the remastered Doomsday Machine, followed by the Charon (Mirror Universe throneship from DIS), as the latter was conceived by its out of universe designers as being built upon the skeleton of the Doomsday Machine.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Star Trek action figures are back! Take my latinum!

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  6. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I love how they make clear..."coming to collectors..."

Not even gonna pretend to market to children.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Things that turned out much better when first announced: "Star Trek Rick and Morty" = Lower Decks. "Star Trek Kids Show" = Prodigy. both animation. Prodigy cruising towards the finale. Or mid-season finale, or split 20 episode season or whatever you are. Last episode was a great time loop episode called Time Amok, fun title, fun episode. Anyway, drama!

they got fancy new uniforms but the Diviner and General Grevious or whoever he is stole the Protostar and left with Gwyn. and they overrode hologram Janeway so she's all goth and evil looking now. (Mulgrew getting to do evil Living Witness Janeway basically which is a bonus) But it was a reverse fakeout by the crew because they snagged the Protostar drive and stuffed it in the little indestructible blob dude. Cruising towards a showdown. And I still need reasons why the damn ship piloted by Captain Chakotay travelled back in time, dangit!

Also Gwyn needs to be Captain over Dal.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Scotty Doesn't Know! About when they'll be shooting again! But hopeful! (Even JJ says "waiting on news!")

"I don’t know much. I’ve met Matt [Shakman] briefly and seems like a great guy. I love the work he did on WandaVision. It’s always waiting with these things, because the world is an uncertain place. COVID’s thrown everything into a spin. There’s so many factors that have to align in order for these things to happen. I’m just quietly waiting for news basically. And I texted J.J. the other day and said, 'Tell me what’s happening.' He’s just like, 'We’re waiting for news.'"

K2771991 likes this.
  11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    New poster for Strange New Worlds, which I cannot overstate my excitement for.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I can't remember the name of Pike's horse.

15. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Anson Mount as Pike has been the best thing that's come out of Discovery. I am so looking forward to SNW.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, then, partner, I'll Anson Mount-up and mosey on over to the Memory Alpha Corral...

Looks like he had two: Tango and Mary Lou.

K2771991, Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    We got a Kahhhhn! Or a Noonien-Singh relation

Somewhat babbly quote:
    “She’s related to Khan, for sure, and, uh, and the deal will unfold…” Goldsman said. “We don’t want to bring folks into the show to be splashy. We want to dig deeply into characters that are part of our ensemble and then, obviously, we’re open to getting our arms … but right now, what you see is what you get.”

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    K2771991 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Tango! Yeah, that's the name I was trying to remember from The Menagerie.

K2771991 likes this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Herbert! Herbert! Herbert!

21. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    *has no idea what is happening in here anymore...*

*slowing backing out...no eye contact...*

Gamiel and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Prodigy finished it's first season, or first half season, or whathaveyou and really interesting twist again

the bad guy (ticked that first contact with the Federation caused his society to collapse) rigged up the Protostar as a friggin bomb! Like the second it comes into contact with other Starfleet vessels it'll release a system wide virus that will shut them all down. And the crew doesn't know, happily setting course for the Federation (Gwyn may or may not remember, there was some memory wipe shenanigans.) And finding a signal and headed their way is Vice Admiral Janeway! Determined to rescue Chakotay (still don't know exactly how or why it went back in time across the galaxy, or where the hell Captain Chakotay is but that'll hopefully be answered in the next batch of episodes)

anyway, really interesting conundrum that makes their quest to find the Federation fraught with unknown peril for the crew but the audience does adding lots of tension. Fraught with peril, I say!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Now if that isn’t a great way to **** with a telemarketer, I don’t know what is. [face_laugh]=D=

25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014