main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Netflix release of Solo doesn't have Han's Shyriiwook (or other alien) subtitles! Fan campaign!

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by BigAl6ft6, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I found this out on another section of the board and had to go check it out for myself but on Netflix subtitles for "Solo a Star Wars Story" are completely wrong, it's missing all of the alien lines and most importantly Han speaking to Chewie in Shyriiwook which is one of the movie's best gags. "Me have plan of break out. You and I freedom make... by secret battle of pretend. Look! Big stick!" But,nope, nothing on Netflix and if you turn on the subs it only says "Speaking Shyriiwook"

[​IMG]

Ditto for all of Moloch's line's too, no subs and if you turn on the subs it just says "speaking alien language"!!!

It's actually super annoying that Han's lines aren't on Netflix, it's seriously an amazing joke cuz how shoddy Han's language is. The extra weird part is turning on the subtitles all it says is "speaking shyriiwook" which is really odd they would go through the trouble of saying "shyriiwook" and not actually put his lines in there.

yes, I own on blu ray and it's all there but how did this happen to Netflix - which lets be fair a huge portion of the audience will probably watch it on I've even seen some posts where nobody has watched it until Netflix - and, more importantly, can we all rise together to fix it? Fan campaign! Cuz we really should! Cuz it's awesome! Someone get Ted Sarandos of Netflix on the phone!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Howard Hand and GregMcP like this.
  2. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    Netflix is slowly fading for me. I cancelled cable many years ago and at one time, Netflix was my main source of entertainment. Their original movies weren't that great, but their original series were excellent. Now most of those series have reached a conclusion, and the newer ones aren't that interesting to me. Now my favorite shows are on Amazon Prime. I've been with Netflix since the DVDs-by-mail days, but I'll probably cancel it to offset the cost of the new Disney+ streaming service.

As for watching Solo, it's 4K UHD all the way for me.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Howard Hand likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Solo premieres on Sky Premiere Friday here in the UK. Hopefully it will be intact there.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is an outrage that must not stand! I'm calling my congressman to complain!

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Solo has fans?

Avnar likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes. Many I assume. I'm one of them. Great movie!

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't know about that. I was a fan, but then I noticed that the subtitles for the Wookiee speak were gone on the Netflix release, and now I hate it.

;)

EHT, Bor Mullet, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Kole, PymParticles , wobbits and 5 others like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well I sent a msg on FB to Netflix but they probably don't check those at all, hahahah. anyone got a twittering they can send to Netflix, they might check those. CC LFL and The Star Wars Show, they can do an expose on why it happened! It'll be the Star Wars nerd version of investigative reporting!

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I fail to believe the lot of you are not fluent in Shyriiwook.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Maybe the best joke in the movie.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks, Obama.

BigAl6ft6 and GregMcP like this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah! Make Netflix Great Again! Build a firewall! All Languages Matter!:D

TCF-1138 , Count Yubnub and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Finally, a fan campaign I can get behind!
    Netflix has become the Applebee's of streaming services

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I saw a fan or two in the final act on Savareen. Pretty rusty, but they were the first fans I remember seeing in a Star Wars film. Breaking new ground!

V-2 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Enfys Nest has those little fans to deflect blaster bolts.
    They're awesome.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    As I speak perfect Shyriiwook, this doesn’t bother me one bit. Be a real fan and learn the darned language already.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Hhhummghhra nwurrr rowrigghh

Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Your hovercraft is full of eels?

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Itchy's language in the Holiday Special is absolutely obscene.

[​IMG]

Few people know this, but Father Jack in the comedy show "Father Ted" was inspired by Itchy.
    [​IMG]

[face_liarliar][face_laugh]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I've had problems with Netflix subtitles before, I was watching Daredevil S3 E1 and there's a scene where the cop is speaking not in English with his lady, kind of extended, so I had to manually turn the subs on. I did, however, give them a pass on that cuz the episode had been up like literally just for an hour and a half. But I watched Iron Man 2 yesterday on Netflix and the subs while they're speaking French have the guy say "Ever since he's been her" when the line is clearly "Ever since he's been here."

I'm just fascinated how this cavalcade of errors completely slipped by Netflix, they clearly have access to the film transcript for the subs (It says "Shyriiwook!" on the subs) just how do all of the alien subtitles not show up. It's Star Wars, there's totally subtitles all over the series!

22. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    A new season of Altered Carbon is perhaps the only reason I am considering keeping Netflix. I may still cancel after the Punisher and Jessica Jones seasons are released. My favorite shows are now on Amazon Prime (The Expanse, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jac Ryan, The Grand Tour). That is until the Disney + streaming service starts. I don't think many are appreciating just how significant it will be. All other services are sure to be affected.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Just saw this post

And then I logged onto Netflix and it's been fixed, finally! Our fan campaign worked! And by our I mean mine! I almost started a twitter account to tell Netflix this. I didn't, but I thought about it. And now Han's subtitles in Shriywook are there, all thanks to me!

24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    All's well that ends well. Locking.

BigAl6ft6 and V-2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.