main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neuromancer - Adaptation of William Gibsons book

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Sith_Lord_Linkoping, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    What do you guys think of this project? The book is a really great read but I'm not so certain about the choice of Joseph Kahn as the director for this movie.

2. Obi Wan Bergkamp

Obi Wan Bergkamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 1998
    Hmmmmm........

Not sure about this, it's always seemed to me to be one of those unfilmable books. It'll either end up a huge disappointment [like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - great books, excellent radio series, fun TV adaption, very bad film] or so far removed from the book that it'll just have the title in common.

Having said that if it happens I'll go and see it.

It's been a few years since I read the book though, so this news has made me want to find my copy again and reread it.

3. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    "Byzantine" plot is right. I never had the patience to finish this book, as it took labyrinthine twists into bewildering territory I could never quite get a grip on. All this shows my own limitations, of course. I hope the film will be more accessible to a mainstream audience than the book, which to this day remains on my bookshelf, only partly read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.