main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Title: Never a Master
    Author: Luna_Nightshade
    Timeframe: PT, RotS
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Naberrie Skywalker, Palpatine, various other appearances from the usual suspects
    Genre: AU
    Keywords: vision, AU
    Summary: What if Obi-Wan had had the visions of Padmé dying instead of Anakin? Would he be able to save her, and Anakin, from the encroaching darkness?

This is primarily an Obi-Wan and Anakin fic, but it will take in other characters as the story progresses. I would be more than willing to make a pm list if anyone becomes interested. I will devise an update schedule in awhile.

Most of this story is written using stream of consciousness writing.

Thanks to my Master Bale, and to my Padawan sister Ani-maniac for helping me with the plot bunny.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/NeverAmastercoverArt.jpg] Thank you, Alley_Skywalker, for the beautimous cover art!

All characters, scenarios, etc. etc., belong to George Lucas and company, and I am in no way making any profit off of this nor will I ever.

How can one understand light, without knowing the darkness?

Chapter One

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi stood at the single window of his small room in the Jedi Temple, staring at the darkening swirls of orange and purple light in the waning Coruscant sunset. He had been at the window for nearly an hour, patiently releasing into the Force what few disconnected memories he had of the day?s events above the Coruscant atmosphere. Count Dooku had died at the hands of his former Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, and the war with the Separatists had taken a decidedly optimistic turn. The threads of the Force in his mind seemed brighter, clearer to him as both he and the Force came to terms with this idea.

Yet the glow of the lights in the Senate Building was blurring as Obi-Wan felt his eyelids growing heavy. It had been a long day.

Obi-Wan slipped off his heavy outer cloak, belt, and boots and padded barefoot to the flat couch that took up the entirety of his wall. He tried to ignore the dull ache spreading throughout all his joints as he lay down on his bed. With the peace that both Count Dooku?s death and his meditation with the Force had left him, sleep came quickly.

Yet the peace did not last.

The quiet of Obi-Wan?s rest was suddenly pierced by a terrifying wail, and the darkness was split wide open by a nauseatingly bright light.

From that light came the image of Senator Amidala. Her face was twisted into one of an agony Obi-Wan had never seen before, not even on the battlefield as he had tended to fallen clones. It was covered in a thin sheen of sweat and tears.

?Anakin!? she screamed. ?Help me! Please!?

No one was coming for her. Obi-Wan could see no one there but the senator? but he could feel someone else. Somewhere behind the incredible pain he felt, there was the distinct feeling of others. Others with Force signatures? like Anakin?s.

The senator cried out again. That anguished sound tore through Obi-Wan?s consciousness, ripping at him?

Obi-Wan jolted upright, abruptly awake and drenched in sweat. The senator?s cries seemed to echo throughout his room. Obi-Wan tried desperately to keep from vomiting as he fumbled to slip on his boots and cloak.

Dreams, Obi-Wan had had. But this was no dream.

This was a vision? and one that Obi-Wan couldn?t ignore.

He shakily rose from the bed and headed for the door.

2. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Very interesting start.
    This will be a great AU I think. [face_thinking] =D=

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Interesting idea! I'll be watching this one!

jazz

4. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    OH MY GOSH!! THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!! :eek:=D=

Pm me if you can! I love the plot! Ack! [face_dancing]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looking forward to seeing where you take this one! ;)

6. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    I will be definitly following this one :)

Help them Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're they're only hope! (Sorry I couldn't resist. I shall retreat in shame now.)

7. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    I hope that Obi-Wan can help Anakin and Padme after having the vision. I will keep checking in for the updates. Keep up the good work.

8. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Interesting idea, Luna. I'm looking forward to see where you take this, and to watching you continue to grow as an author through the process. This ought to be fun. :D

- Keralys

9. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

Oh this is wonderful!!!

This is such a fantastic idea, and I am so curious to see what Obi-Wan will do. I don't think he will react with the same panic Anakin did... but will he tell Anakin about what he saw? [face_thinking]

If he does, Anakin may still try to find a way to save her... though it could also lead to Obi-Wan learning about Anakin and Padme's marriage...

There are so many ways this could go. :) I see now why you said the plot bunny was so insistant.

Amazing work, my Padawan sister! [:D]

Could you please PM me? [face_praying]

Thank you!

Ani-maniac

10. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    ok, you've got me interested, can't wait to see where this goes. Please put me on the PM list if you have one.

11. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Excellent idea!!

Well written indeed!

Please PM me for updates!

12. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Interesting premise and a good start! I would like a Pm when you update. Thanks .

13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting. I'm very interested in where this is going.

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This sound good=D= , I hope to find out were this is going soon. If you have a pm list, could you add me to it[face_praying] , thanx.

15. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    I sense there is coming a great story...very good start.

Please PM me when you update!

16. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Interesting idea. But do the visions reveal Anakin's secret marriage? If not then Obi-Wan could be in for an interesting time as Anakin and Padme try to keep their secret marriage while he tries to save her from perceived death. If you have a PM list going for this one, please add me to it.

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    =D= =D=

WOW!!!!!! What a powerful start, I can't wait to see where this goes! Please PM me when you update.

18. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    You know you've got a wonderful idea when people react with not only "Wow, this is great" but also with "Why didn't I think of that?" *grins* I'm really looking forward to more. Please add me to the PM list.

19. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Okay I'm intreaged. This should be a very intresting story, can't wait ot see where you go with this my master. put me on the PM list as well.

20. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Very intriguing...this could change many things. PM me as well.

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ooohhhh, very intriguing.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

If you have a PM list, I'd love to be added [face_praying] [face_praying]

Great beginning

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Luna - I love this idea and I really enjoyed the first part. I look forward to reading more! :)

Please PM me when you update!

Thanks.

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Great idea for a fic, Luna_Nightshade! I'm so glad I happened to come across it. :)

Can you PM me with updates? If not, I'll just pop in every so often. I CANNOT wait to see where you take this!!

24. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    [face_thinking] The possiblities...Keep going!!!!

25. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow awesome please if you have a PM list ad me to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.