main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Thank you all so much for reading! I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I hope to keep you all well entertained--you deserve it. I plan to update weekly, but the day depends on how busy I am. Again, thank you so much for reading!

Palpy560: I hope this lives up to your expectations. ;) Thanks for reading!

Jazz_Skywalker: Sounds good. Thanks for reading!

aden: It certainly does open up a realm of possibilities, and of course I will! Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64: I hope to keep you entertained. Thank you for reading!

FELICIA_ZEZILI: I certainly hope you like this. [face_laugh] He is their only hope, isn't he? Thanks for reading!

NickSkywalker: Obi-Wan certainly is the only one capable of saving them both right now, isn't he? We shall see... Thanks for reading!

Master_Keralys
    : Thank you for coming, my friend. I plan to have many surprises in store to keep you busy. Thank you for reading!

Ani-maniac
    : *waves* Hello, oh Master of Cliffies! I think my plans are unconventional, and I hope to live up to your killer cliffies, my padawan sister. Obi-Wan will certainly have some decisions to make. Thanks for reading, and of course I will pm you.

FitJedi: I hope to give you a busy and entertaining ride, and I'd be happy to pm you. Thanks for reading!

SHADOW_MASTER_W: Thank you so much, and of course I'll pm you. Thanks for reading!

obsessedwithSW
    : Thanks much, and of course, pm is on its way. Thanks for reading!

DarthIshtar: I hope to keep you entertained and enjoying it. Thank you for reading!

Star_Angel: You didn't have long to wait ;). Thanks for reading, and pm on the way!

Darth_Father-in-law
    : I certainly hope you're right. ;) Of course I'll pm you, and thanks for reading!

Ianaron: Oh, Obi-Wan will be in for quite the time of it. I'll certainly add you to the pm list. Thanks for reading!

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Why, thank you. I saw some of your powerful surprises through the awards, and I hope to keep you happily entertained. Of course I'll pm you. Thanks for reading!

Dragonlady: Lol, I'm so glad that they had that reaction, and that I get to have this opportunity to twist the threads of the story. I'd be happy to pm you, and thanks for reading!

__Sithspawn__: Oh, I definitely agree. Much will change.... and of course I'll pm you. Thank you for reading!

KELIA: Thank you. I agree with you, and I certainly hope you enjoy it. I will be happy to add you to the pm list. Thanks for reading!

Kestrel_Kenobi
    : Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy it, and I would be glad to add you to the pm list. Thanks for reading!

VA_Parky: Why, hello there! I'm glad you found it, too. ;) Of course I can pm you. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading!

bmwgurl17
    : I agree--the possibilities were endless! The story is on its way. Thanks for reading!

Peagis: Thank you, and of course I will! Thanks for reading!

Chapter Two

The first morning rays of sunlight were peeking through the pillars of the Jedi Temple as Obi-Wan raced down the main corridor of second floor. Only a single Jedi and his much younger Padawan were awake to stare with dropped jaws as the illustrious Master Jedi tore through the temple, seemingly without dignity.

?Master Kenobi!? the Padawan cried after him, but her Master gently led her back towards the practice facilities.

Thoughts raced unchecked through Obi-Wan?s mind as he scaled the staircase to the fourth floor, where Anakin and several other newly-knighted Jedi had their rooms. Senator Amidala? was she being assassinated? Was she poisoned? The Separatists?they had tried this before. He had to hurry? And Anakin? he had been there, experiencing the Senator?s pain with her, somehow. Those two signatures... so like Anakin... had seemed heartbroken because of it.
    [/i

2. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    Very interesting idea. At first I was thinking "well, Anakin's a lot less likely to fall without those visions - until Obi-Wan tells him about them anyway" and then, of course, Obi-Wan did. And Anakin's reaction is as expected. I'd have thought a little more on Padme and less on the child (simply because she is his life and because that's the way it was in RoTS). This is intriguing - he doens' seem to be considering childbirth as option, as Padme first did - but then I guess they both have reason to expect the worst.

I can't wait until Obi-Wan gets further insight into things. Or to see what the coucil says.

3. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    I wonder how the council will react. And in spite of it all, Anakin is being his protective self. But now that Obi-Wan knows what might happen to Padme, he may be able to keep him from turning...

Great chapter, Luna. I'm looking forward to reading more of this.

4. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    This is excellent! Gets more suspenseful by the second! Will Obi-Wan find out about the baby!? :eek: This is truly great and I can't wait for more! =D=

5. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

As Obi Wan would say, good job!
    It appears ObiWan has a little case of attachment too. Anakin's reaction was accurate lets hope he is able to keep his wits about him. What's Palpatine up to?

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow, what a wonderful idea for a story. I'm enjoying this very much so far, and I can't wait for more. Could I be added to the pm list? Great job!! =D= =D= =D=

7. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Oh their going to see the Dark Lord himself, that can't be good. Can't wait to see where this goes, and how this changes the storyline we know. Once again great job.

8. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice twist on the original. I hadn't thought of this idea, but I hope you run with it. What's gonna happen I wonder? Put me on your pm list if you please.

Mo

9. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Great post, you are doing good work.

I can't wait to see what's happening!

I hope you post soon. :)

10. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wheeee! [face_dancing] An update! Oh, wow - this story is shaping up to be INTENSE, Luna!!

I love Obi-wan in this. He is so concerned and worried for Anakin and Padme. [face_love] Hope he retains that sentiment when he finds out about them. [face_worried]

Anakin is being Anakin, of course. Yet that's one of the things that makes him such an intriguing character - he can go from being loving and sweet to angry and menacing in a snap. I'm just glad that Obi-wan is on the case - perhaps he can help our Ani keep a level head.

Gosh, I just can't wait for more. I already love this story!!

=D= Thanks for the PM!!

11. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Well that was interesting. I think that Anakin is far less likely to fall to the Dark Side now, as he does not know what will get his wife, and so he probably thinks he has all the power he needs to save her from whatever. However a private audience with Palpatine is never a good thing, so this could still go any way. Very good, please keep it up. And thanks for the PM.

12. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Awesome chapter!

13. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh it gets better by the minute. Very exciting chapter indeed, I can't wait to see where this goes. I hope that the Chancellor doesn't try anything sneaky at this "private audience".
    Keep up the great work.

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    A part of me hope that Obi- Wan will find out about Anakin and Padmé, another part whish that he wouldn?t (dose that make any since:confused: ). I hope that everything will work out for everyone.

Well, anyway, Great update=D= , thanx for the pm[:D] and more soon[face_praying] .

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    At least Obi-Wan sent Anakin to protect Padme. He's right about her only accepting him as her protecter.

I just hope the council agrees

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Fantastic follow up!!!! =D=

I could really sense the desperation and urgency, first in Obi-Wan, and then in Anakin. I really love the way you portray the characters, they seem to be so natural.

Excellent job, please keep the PM's coming! :D

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Great update Luna! Although I still think Ani may turn...but perhaps Obi can save Padme? Mmmm - So many things you can do with this!

I look forward to more!

=D=

18. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Oh, I so hope that Anakin won't turn, will he??:confused:

And does Obi suspect that somethingis going on between Ani and Padme? It is time for him to figure out, mesa thinks.

Ani, just DON'T RUN to the old wrinkled snake Palpatine for help!!![face_chicken]

Great story!

Could you PM me?

19. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    So Anakin's her bodyguard...that will complicate things, I'm sure. Although he will probably be glad to have the excuse to spend more time with Padme. Also I'm wondering how long it will take Obi-Wan to put two and two together as far as the Force signatures and the unslept-on couch are concerned. And an audience with Palpatine? Hmm, not good. Wonderful, though, and I look forward to more.

20. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004

Nice idea... so Anakin knows that something is going to happen to Padme but doesn't see it as having anything to do with childbirth... plus he's not experiencing the vision first hand. I can't wait to find out if this prevents him from going Sith or not... and how Obi-Wan is going to handle the situation. Probably much better than Anakin did! :p

21. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I have to say that I am rather glad Obi-Wan didn't think that Padme was dying in child birth... we all know where that would lead Anakin, lol.. ;)

[face_thinking] Hmmm... perhaps now that Anakin is assigned to protect Padme, he won't want to leave her side, and won't be alone with Palpatine.:D

*reads your response to my last comment*

*blushes* [face_blush] You are most kind. I have no doubt that your cliffies will be perfect!

*gets cliff hanging gear* [face_batting]

Wonderful work! [:D]

Ani-maniac

22. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    oohhh, fantastic premise! I am going to do my best not to speculate...AU's have a disturbing habit of wandering off any path a reader expects them to go down...

I can't help but wonder how Obi-Wan's character is going to be changed by this, either, though. (speculating...speculating...) He is the supreme Jedi in many ways, but visions of death, of anger, of the horrific catastrophe WE all know is in store (at least, vision wise)...well,that could change him a bit, don't you think?

And Palpatine wants to see Padme? Hmm...

Anyways, loving the start to this. Can't wait to read more!

Pyxelle

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?I have had a vision,? Obi-Wan replied, finally catching his bearings as he sat still. ?I saw Senator Amidala, in great pain and screaming. I fear that the Separatists may be planning to assassinate her again, like they did before Geonosis.?

Anakin?s eyes narrowed. ?Are you sure? Is that all you saw, her screaming??

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Go guard her, Anakin. Go to her apartment now and keep your eye on her, like last time. I am going to call for an emergency meeting of the Council.?

It is going to be so much fun to see what you do with this vision, Luna!

Darth RL isn't being very kind to me right now, but I will be reading when I can!

Good job! =D=

Star

24. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    I love this story so far, and think it has tons of potential. Please put me on the PM list.

One of the most interesting things about this fic is all the directions it could go.

1. Obi-Wan could realize that the vision is Padme dying in childbirth, but not realize she's pregnant (not immediately, anyway). Then he calls off the Jedi bodyguard. But does he tell Anakin that he's figured out the vision? Does he tell Padme, so she can decide not to have children or to get really good medical care or have a cesarean? Does he realize the child(ren) is/are force senstive? That it/they is/are Anakin's - and if so, does he know they are already involved - or might he even use it as a "don't get involved with the senator, it might cause her death"?

2. Obi-Wan finds out she's pregnant - does he then realize what his vision is? Does he realize it's Anakin's (likely)? Does he think there is anything that can be done if he does realize what the vision is? Or does it just complicate protecting her? Might he even hesitate to "break the news" to Anakin if he doesn't know about Padme and Anakin and thinks Anakin is just carrying a torch?

3. He finds out they are involved. Does he chastise Anakin? Get angry with Padme? Tell Anakin to break it off or he'll tell the council? Tell the coucil directly? Get the entire truth (marriage and pregnancy) from them? Figure out his vision after learning they are involved, but not know the timeframe?

And a myriad of other directions this could go that I haven't mentioned. Can't wait to see what happens.

25. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Thank you all so much for reading and your wonderful responses. I have had quite the rough week, and I greatly appreciated your kind words.

__Sithspawn__: Thank you--I'm glad you liked it. Anakin is certainly being protective and very tense, but that's part of his nature, especially after Shmi died and Padme was nearly assassinate once already. I'm glad you're enjoying it--thanks for reading!

aden: Oh, you haven't seen suspenseful yet. Thanks for reading!

obsessedwithSW: Thanks! I think Obi-Wan had to have some attachment--Anakin was his Padawan, after all. Oh, and Palpy is always up to something, isn't he? Thanks so much for reading!

LilyHobbitJedi: Thank you, and I'd be happy to pm you.

CodyMonKenobi
    : No, the Dark Lord does have the tendency to screw things up. Thank you for reading!

MoAngel: Many things will happen and change. Of course, I'd love to pm you. Thanks for reading!

Darth_Father-in-Law: Thank you very much, and thank you for reading!

VA_Parky: Indeed-and I plan to keep it intense. I feel that was an important part of Obi-Wan--his concern--and I wanted to play it up. And of course, there's our two-sided Anakin again, but this time at least Obi-Wan has the opportunity to be on the case instead of in RotS. Thank you for reading!

Iaranon: No, a private audience with Palpatine almost always ends uncomfortably. Thank you so much, and thanks for reading!

Peagis: Thanks for reading!

FitJedi: Oh, thank you. The Chancellor is a sneaky, slippery fellow... well, you'll see.

Star_Angel: Yes, that does make sense. It is too hard to tell which would be better for Anakin and Padme. Thank you so much for reading!

KELIA
    : Indeed, Anakin would protect Padme best, and Obi-Wan knows it. Thank you so much for reading!

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Thank you so much! Desperation and urgency are the themes of the story, so I'm glad it came through well. Thank you about the characters, too--I truly want to make this a logical alternative to RotS. Thank you so much for reading!

Kestrel_Kenobi: The story did have utterly limitless plot bunnies, and I couldn't leave them alone. Thank you so much for reading!

CrazyAni: Oh, you'll just have to wait and see. :) That wrinkled old snake is about to make his grand appearance. Of course I'd love to pm you. Thank you for reading!

Dragonlady: Yes, the extra time with Padme would be much appreciated. The audience with Palpy will also greatly complicate things. Thank you so much for reading!

mixza: Obi-Wan will definitely handle the situation differently, but better? You'll have to see. Thank you so much for reading!

Ani-maniac: Oh, yes, and Obi-Wan still doesn't know Padme is pregnant. (How she managed to hide that I'll never know.) I hope my cliffies will deserve this cliffhanging gear we share. Thank you so much for reading!

Pyxelle
    : Obi-Wan definitely has an incredible load on his shoulders--he just doesn't understand how heavy it is yet. It could definitely change any man, Jedi or not. How it affects Obi-Wan, though? Well, you'll have to see. :) Thank you for reading!

Star_Drifter: Oh, I understand DRL in a bad, bad way. I'm just happy to see you! I hope this vision keeps you entertained. Thank you so much for reading!

Tzigone: Ah, I love how this gave you an avalanche of plot bunnies! I think this next part will give you even more questions. I won't try answering yours for fear of divulging too much, though... but Obi-Wan definitely has some important decisions to make. Thank you so much for reading, and I'll gladly pm you.

Thank you again for reading, everyone. I hope this continues to entertain you, and that you enjoy it.

Chapter Three

?Are you sure this was not just a bad dream?? Jedi Master Mace Windu asked, leaning forward from his seat in the Council Room at the t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.