main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    That Palpy, he's a slimy one. In this case I believe him to be 'sith scum'! This story is becoming veery interesting. More incoming soon I hope...

Mo

2. JediAffairs

JediAffairs Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005

An original idea + vivid writing = an excellent story!

I really like this and am looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Hopefully Anakin will catch on to Palpatine sooner rather than later. He just sent up a bunch of red flags by knowing so much about Padme's pregnancy.

Please add me to your PM list.

3. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    So Palpatine knows, but Obi-Wan doesn't? Hmm the plot thickens. And Anakin's musings were quite worrying. More than a bit of Dark Side sentiment in there. But I think that perhaps Padme is catching on to Palpatine, so I hope she shares her misgivings with Anakin. Thanks for the PM and please keep up the good work.

4. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Don't they wonder how Palpatine knows she's having twins?? Alarms bells should be going off.

5. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This story is really sucking me in!!!!

The scene in the Council was quite intense.

I hate Palpy!!!!! He is up too no good as always.

Love your work, you know how to keep your readers pulled in. :)

6. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Palps seems to know more than he should...Though Padme seems to be in her right mind. This looks like it will turn out very differently.

Still looking forward to more.

7. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    *Shudder* I've never been a fan of Palpatine and I dislike him even more now. Him knowing that Padme is carrying twins can't be good. I hope Padme will realize that he couldn't have figured that out unless he was Force Sensative. And I hope she'll figure it out and tell the Jedi. Anyway, great update! I can't wait for more, thanks for the pm. =D= =D=

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ewwww, Palpy - get your hands off Padme!! [face_beatup]

Good grief, Luna - you have a fantastic story going on here. I love the parallels to ROTS (and the quotes too) yet the overall path is completely different. I'm extremely anxious to see what the results will be. [face_thinking]

I see Windu is still being a stick-in-the-mud. Doggone it! Why does he act like that? Maybe he needs a vacation! ;)

I'm worried for Padme. Hopefully she will start to wonder a bit about Palpatine's "I can sense two of them." That's got to be a red flag, right?

Can't wait for more! =D=

9. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    Chapter 3

?Are you sure this was not just a bad dream?? Jedi Master Mace Windu asked, leaning forward from his seat in the Council Room at the top of the Jedi Temple. He had been meditating quietly in his chamber just a few minutes before Obi-Wan called for the emergency meeting, and the Force had seemed calm, placid then. He had not felt anything different.

Ah, the Mace Windu we know and . . er, well, know. The council's still slow on the uptake, it seems. Someone should remind them that the dark side is clouding their vision.

I did think Obi-Wan too emotional here. I can see Anakin getting angry over this sort of thing, but Obi-Wan generally doesn't get this upset. Especially towards the council, since he usually seems to bow to their "wisdom" quite willingly. I easily see him disagreeing (it's happned before), but not getting so angry over it.

Anakin closed his eyes, trying desperately to hide the panicky voice in the back of his head. She?s going to die?she?s going to die, like your mother?your entire world, your soul, is going to die? are you strong enough? Do you have enough power? Can you save her?

Yep, about what I expected. Poor Anakin - this doesn't look good for him.

Palpatine was way creepy. He's tipping his hand. But then, we saw that in ROTS, and we know he'll have lost all subtlety by time ROTJ comes around, so it seems to fit.

Padmé stood and walked as quickly from the room as she could. Yet as she made it to the doorway, she was completely unsure of what direction to take.

Wonderful ending.

10. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Very nice work overall here, Luna. I'm sorry I haven't time for a thorough review at the moment, but I promise you'll have one ere the end of this coming weekend, with full commentary enabled! [:D]

- Keralys

11. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Very well done indeed. Poor Padme, being conflicted from so many angles. I just hope Obi-Wan and Mace can keep things from happening again, by being around Anakin.

12. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Good work . I really liked this post. Cant trust Palpatine for one second. When did he start talking about diplomacy? My guess is playing the knowing Grandfather hell just let fears run rampant till Anakin asks for more power to save Pademe? Lots of red flags but Anakin isnt too bright when he is emotionally charged. Look forward to the next post.

13. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    umm, Padme, think about this. how could Palpatine tell that you are having twins if he didn't have any equipment with him?

Anakin needs to take Padme very far away from Curascant and Palpatine.

14. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    This is getting more and more interesting. [face_thinking]

I hate Palpatine! He is so slimy... I hope Padmé realizes that he is not a good man, like Anakin thought.

I can't wait to see what's happening! This is very captivating story!

15. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Why do I have a bad feeling about this? I don?t think that it was a good idea to get the Jedi Council involved, or maybe it was. Damn that Palpatine, I hope that they find out that Palpy is the Sith before it?s to late and when they do, oh, I hope that Anakin pull up his lightsaber where the sun don?t shine.

Anyways, great chapter=D= , thanx for the pm[:D] and I need more soon[face_praying] .

16. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    Yikes

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    It figures Palpatine wouldn't be content just manipulating Anakin - he goes for Padme too.

Poor girl. Perhaps Bail and Mon Mothma can straighten her out again.

Loved the tension between Mace and Obi-Wan - that should prove to be most interesting.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    1. Interesting Council dynamic. Does it say anywhere in canon that Mace Windu is the leader?

2. Your Palpatine is wonderfully creepy.

3. You'd think that Padme's more set in her ideals than to take an offer like that, but we'll see. One of the very few things I really disliked about the PT was how her character went from perceptive and strong to lovesick and blind. Except for the political savvy, she might as well have turned into a different character...but I know a ton of people don't agree with me, so I'll leave it at that.

4. Great job, and I can't wait for more. :)

19. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    *bows deeply in respect to Padawan sister*

What truly wonderful twists and turns this is taking. :D :D :D

Obi-Wan very nearly glared at Windu from his nearby seat. ?I do not have visions normally, Master Windu,? he said icily, as he leaned forward out of the shadowy corner and into the sunlight. ?My Padawan was the one who did. But this was no dream. I would not call the Council if I thought it was.?

Hmm... Obi-Wan seems to be more bothered by the visions than he wishes to admit. Usually, even if he doesn't agree with Master Windu, he doesn't respond quite that way. [face_thinking] Well, you can tell him he is always welcome on the Dark Side. ;)

?I agree. However, Master Kenobi, I do not feel confident leaving the protection of Senator Amidala solely to Skywalker. I believe that we should look in on him from time to time. The Senator will likely be the first target, and we need to have her well-guarded at all times.?

I love the way you are portraying Mace Windu's veiw of Anakin. I have a feeling that is will pose a problem later on. Anakin won't react well to being told, or even having it implied, that he can't protect his own wife.

?I can sense everything going on in that room,? Anakin said quietly.

That sounds so familiar... ;) Wonderful use of that line. :) I have the feeling Padme is going to be the bait again, only now, Palpatine is the one setting the trap.

She?s going to die?she?s going to die, like your mother?your entire world, your soul, is going to die? are you strong enough? Do you have enough power? Can you save her?

A perfect and beautiful portrayal of Anakin's thoughts. =D=

?Ah, Padmé!? he said warmly, quickly standing up and moving to greet her. Padmé couldn?t help but notice how happy the man looked?he had just been rescued from a Sith Lord?s tortures but a day ago, and he looked as if he had just returned from a pleasant vacation. ?Come, sit down. You mustn?t stand in your condition.?

Padmé stared at the Chancellor, confused. In my condition? How does he know of my condition?

He is up to something... does he perhaps sense that Obi-Wan has had a vision, and now he needs to begin making his move? He always does have something up he sleeve. I can't wait to find out what it is in your story. :D

Again absolutely incredible work! You capture all of the characters so perfectly.

*grabs some of the cliff hanging gear we are sharing* [:D]

I can't wait for the next part!

Ani-maniac

20. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wonderful job Luna - I really liked how you used parts of the actual Rots conversations in this...Palpy is creeping me out though [face_worried] ...get outta there Padme! Let's hope our lovely Jedi catch onto him!

Great writing Luna - update soon! :)

21. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Okay, Palpatine has reached new levels of creepiness.

Oy vay...*shudder* If I had been Padme I don't think I could have managed not to cringe when he touched her stomach. Ick.

Anyways, great story continues! I hope to see it pop up with a new update soon!

Pyxelle

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Your former Padawan, Anakin Skywalker?? Mace thought aloud. He ran an unsure hand over the smoothness of his shorn head. ?Do you think that is wise, Master Kenobi? He seems to have grown fond of her?we all have seen it. I do not trust his objectivity with so great a mission. He may have an attachment to her.?

Obi-Wan felt anger boiling in his chest. He knew the emotion was wrong? but Master Windu had just questioned his former Padawan?s worth as well as his own authority, and the insult had sunken deeply.

Mace, you, you-- :mad:

Take that! [face_beatup]

;) I feel better already! [face_whistling]

?Padmé,? Palpatine said gently. He moved to the floor and knelt before her. With one hand, he reached out to softly run his fingers across her bulging stomach.

:eek: How DARE he?

Double for you, Palpatine! [face_beatup] [face_beatup]

o_O And in the future, keep your hands off of the lady!

There, now I really feel better! [face_batting]

Terrific update! :)

Star

23. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow, this story is becoming more and more interesting!

So, Palpy knows that Padme is carrying twins:eek: I assume, he knows that Anakin is the father, and therefore the children are very strong with the Force! I hate this man, Anakin please go kill him!!!:mad: [face_devil]

Windu is as distrusting as always. Actually, he has always been right about Anakin, but I don't like him.[face_frustrated]

Thanks for the PM!

24. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow now that was a great chapter! and Palpy knows! That is...Scary! But why didnt she question how he knew there are Two????

25. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    *sighs heavily* I'm sorry Luna. I'm trying, I really am. DRL is killing me with stuff to do right now, what with a very busy spring break headed my way very quickly. I'll try to get this reviewed as soon as I can. My humblest apologies, ner adika (meant only in the best of ways, of course).

- Keralys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.