main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Fear not! Mace and Obi-Wan are on the case. Although I have to say that Kenobi and Windu doesn't have quite the same ring to it as Kenobi and Skywalker. Oh well, it's probably better that Anakin stays with Padme. And I'm glad that Obi-Wan did not turn Anakin in yet. You see, I have always said that he should have trusted Obi-Wan with his marriage in the canon universe, it would have taken a big weight off his shoulders. Now we need to find out what that pondscum of a Supreme Chancellor is up to. Great writing Luna_Nightshade. And even more impressive considering your recent loss, I know I wouldn't have the strength to keep normal life going if someone close to me died. Hope you update soon, but don't rush it for us. Take your time and work through the grief first.

2. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Before I say anything else, I want you to know that I feel terribly sorry for your loss.
    Such things come most unexpectedly and bring too much pain to bear.
    I can only hope you're pain passes in time.

Now, to your wonderful fic.
    I have read the story from the beginning and I apologize I didn't reply earlier.
    That original idea of yours is just perfect. The way you write it, even more.
    In the other words: This is a great story and you are one talented writer;)

I have a dark feeling that something is going to happen with Mace soon...or worse - Obi[face_worried]
    Please say you are not going to kill anyone yet:(
    Oh well, we'll see.

I just begin to love this fic more and more in time:D
    Great job!

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love that Obi-Wan and Mace are going to face Palpatine.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Palpatine deals with them.

I have to applaud Obi-Wan's decision to keep quiet about Anakin's marriage.. Now isn't the right time to deal with it.

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

On a personal note - I am so sorry for your loss. I pray you find comfort and peace in the days to come.

[:D] [:D]

4. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Wonderful post, as always. So, it's Obi and Mace versus Palps. Something tells me it will not end so easily - the old fart always has something up his sleeve.

Take all the time you want; no pressure.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss...I know the grief and emptiness must be absolutely unbearable, but, though it may seem otherwise, it will go away. Though you may miss your friend for a long time, the pain will fade. Hang in there.

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, what a beautiful closing line. [face_love] I hope Anakin will remember that sentiment in the future, when things get crazy! And I know they will get crazy!

Is it wrong that I giggled a bit when Obi-wan totally stomped all over Mace's meditation attempts? Hee! For some reason, that just cracked me up b/c I could totally see the grumpy Master Windu getting all riled up by the fact that Obi-wan found what he had been missing.

Lovely work as always! =D=

I also wanted to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your friend. We're here for you - please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do. [:D]

6. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    However, Obi-Wan had managed to find out more information in ten minutes than Mace had in the two hours he?d spent meditating.

[face_laugh] LOL [face_laugh] , loved that.

?Not like I love our family.?

Amen to that.

Well, hopefully this all mean that Anakin won?t go dark side on us but you never know and if Obi- Wan find out the truth, that Padmé ?dies? in childbirth, he won't tell Anakin, cuz that wouldn?t help anyone.

Anyway, wonderful update=D= , thanx for the pm[:D] and please update soon[face_praying] .

7. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely wonderful update, such sweet moments between Anaking and Padme, I hope they can last. I'm still nervous about Obi-Wan and Mace trying to take Palpy by themselves. Can't wait for more.

8. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Lovely update! I'm glad you updated, this story is just so wonderful. :)

It's good that Obi didn't tell Anakin's secret, things are too upside-down at the moment.
    And I'm afraid things will be even more in the near future...

I hope anyone won't go to the dark side, that would be just unfair. I hope Palpy can be beaten before he manages to make things even worse. [face_worried]

Thanks for the PM, by the way!

And I am truly sorry for your loss. I wish we could help you, but I guess the truth is that you will forget your sorrow only by grieving.

9. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm glad that I found this fic I like the whole idea of Obi-wan getting the vision instead of Anakin hopefully that will keep Anakin from falling to the dark side.

10. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hey, aunt Luna!

Great update! I loved Anakin/Padme interaction, and Obi-Wan caring so much about Anakin...it really touched me. Hell, I even liked Mace in this chapter, though he is my least favourite character in SW universe. Obi and Mace fighting Palpatine...that should be intersting!

I really hope that your RL will be as soon as possible normal again.

Thanks for the PM! I definetely want to stay on the list. I'm impatiently awaiting the next update.:)

All the best,

your niece CrazyAni

11. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great chapter a bit short but really good, i like how Obi wants to go right away to confront Palpy! I hope they fare well against him!

12. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    How could I have missed this fic?! It's awsome. I so sure Palpatine is planning somehting. He wouldn't just blurt out his secret like that so everyone would know if he wasn't planning somehting. Obi and Mace have to be very careful.

I loved how Anakin envisioned his future with his children in the last post. So sweet. Made me smile. :D

Could you PM me with updates?

13. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    aww, such a good story. I look foreward to more

14. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    Anakin laughed bitterly. ?You are the Senator, Padmé. You?re beginning to sound as if you don?t love your job.? :) What an excellent update! I love it, and thanks a bunch for the pm! I'm terribly sorry to hear about what happened. I hope things get better for you.

15. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Obi and MAce against Palapatine? Could be very interesting. I am so glad Obi Wan did not tell Mace about Anakin, that was a wise decision. I also liked Anakin's musings about Naboo and the things he would like to do with his children. It is ashame that Luke and Leia never got to see that side of their father.
    Enjoyed the post.

Luna I am so sorry for your loss.
    *Sending warm calming thoughts thru the force*
    lots of prayers too.

16. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Great post to your story! It's nice that Obi-Wan and Mace now know everything and that Anakin does too. I hope it all works out for them in the end. :)

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Firstly I am deeply saddened by your loss, if you ever need to talk to anyone, you are more than welcome to PM me. I'm a good listener, and I promise I will help out any way I can. :)

Onto the latest chapter, I just loved how you dsecribed Anakin's thoughts about his future family, I could really see him do that!!!

Its good that Mace has decided that Anakin should stay with Padme, that made me breathe a little easy.

Great update!!! =D=

18. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Cool story.

I just got caught up with it all.

I'm wondering just how Obi-Wan made the jump from Palpatine knowing about the babies to him being the Sith. He's correct, of course, but it's still a rather large jump of logic. Did he factor in other evidence (the Sith-inspired Naboo invasion that got Palpatine elected Chancellor in the first place, what Dooku told him on Geonosis, etc), or was it just a whisper in the Force?

So, Obi-Wan didn't mention Anakin being the father? Hmmm, why do I get the feeling Mace already knows he is though? It doesn't really take a Jedi to figure that out. Anakin is obviously infatuated with Padme. The babies imminent birth have caused some type of event within the Force, etc. Not to mention the fact that Padme hasn't been romantically linked to anyone else who could potentially have been the father. Mace probably figures Anakin is the most likely father. IMO, he isn't making a thing about it because they probably have bigger problems on their hands.

One thing I'm wondering about though. Why would a Senator being pregnant be such big news if it got out? Is it because -as far as everyone else knows- she's not married? I mean, I'm certain that the Galactic Senate has had married female Senators who've had children during their terms of office.

I think Obi-Wan should go and talk to Anakin about his new suspicions. I think that right now Anakin might be receptive to the idea, as he's currently wondering about Palpatine's behaviour himself.

Can't wait for the next post.

19. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Great post! I really like the thought of Obi and Mace going to get Palpy...mmmm can I hope for a happy ending?!

I enjoyed the scene betwen Padme and Ani as well - lovely.

Naboo? it conjured up images of bowls of roses and waterfalls, the lake and flowing dresses? but in the back of his mind, it also reminded him of losing Qui-Gon. Strange. Qui-Gon had promised to look after him. Perhaps, by bringing his children to the place where Qui-Gon had been released into the Force, he could truly do that.

Beautiful - well done...=D=

20. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    First of all, Luna, I am so sorry for your loss. May the Lord comfort all of you in this time of grief. I wish that there was more that I could do,but please know that I am praying for you all.

@};- @};- @};-

?What about Anakin?? The objection came out almost instinctively, yet just as quickly Obi-Wan bit his tongue. The Code said that he had to tell Master Windu what he had learned about his Padawan. Anakin?s disobedience was not to be tolerated, not even by his Master? especially not by his Master. Yet, somehow? somehow Obi-Wan could not bring himself to speak it. Anakin? Something instinctive, something grown over years of brotherhood and tempered with months of war, made Obi-Wan desperate to protect his Padawan...

But, Obi-Wan, is it right to protect someone from the consequences their own actions, or does that only lead to them making more mistakes? [face_thinking]

What an interesting update! I'm glad that I escaped from Darth RL long enough to read it. [face_shhh]

Thanks for the PM, and please know I am praying for you. [:D]

Star

21. Japor_Angel

Japor_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Hey Luna,

You're doing a wonderful job with this! It's a very interesting and creative scenario. I think with Obi-Wan having the visions, not only does the burden off of Anakin, Anakin now has someone he can share his worries with. Hopefully now he won't have to go to Palpatine for help. Especially since Obi-Wan knows about the twins. Now Obi-Wan and Mace are going to face Palpatine. Not saying they aren't powerful, because undoubtedly they are, but will they be enough? Of course, Mace did hold his own against him in the movie - you know, until Anakin got involved and he got thrown out of a window with force lightning. Mace and Obi-Wan aren't easily slain.

My prayers are with you during this time. May God bring you comfort.

22. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    This is lovely Luna, a very beautiful installment.

Family and friends and love are the most important things we have in this world, and we truly leave with little else.

I pray you feel the comfort of heaven at this time.

23. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. You all are great, fantastic people with big hearts, and I'm honored and touched by your caring. I will respond to each of you personally with my next post.

I just wanted to give you a heads up on why the update is taking so long. For one, while writing has been comforting, it has also been challenging. This next post took me pretty much three start overs from the beginning to get to the point it is now.

On top of that (drumroll please) I'm pleased to say that my offerings of bags of candy have finally pulled through, and I have been allowed to sign my name to join oqidaun's evil playgroup. (Alley_Skywalker and I like the swings...) Therefore, my latest post is going to need to be beat up a bit before it makes a grand appearance.

So, to make a long story short, the update will be forthcoming, along with more detailed replies too. Thank you so much for your readership--you all are great, and I hope to see you back here pretty soon (barring major problems with the post that need to be fixed).

Luna

24. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Well, I have returned. I have begun to crawl back out of my cave and return to the world of the living. I am hanging in there and doing quite a bit better now that I've found ways to make myself even busier. I've also gone on a writing rampage--chapters, vignettes... my keyboard hates me.

Thank you so much for your kind and caring words, everyone. You are ALL fantastic people and I am honored to have "met" you all. I am so glad to have you all here, and I hope to do you all justice with writing that you will enjoy. Thank you all so much for reading.
    [:D] @};-

LilyHobbitJedi: No, it doesn't sound like a good situation at all, especially with Anakin out of the loop. [face_worried] You're very welcome for the cliffhanging gear. :) Thank you so much for reading!

Ani-maniac: Indeed, we will need to share. I am also glad to keep Anakin's secret, becaue I think that they need to be honest with each other before others get in the way. Thank you--I find Naboo just full of great images. ;) Thank you so much for your kind words, my padawan sister. I am so glad to have had e-family around when I could not be with my own. Thank you so much for reading![:D]

Iaranon: Lol, no it doesn't have quite the same ring to it. I agree--Obi-Wan and Anakin had a huge bond, as shown in early RotS. I truly believe Obi-Wan (the Padawan of Qui-Gon, for heaven's sake) would have been at least helpful, or a listener that could have eased some of Anakin's enormous strain. Thank you so much for reading and your kind words. [:D]

Starshine: Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad and honored for your lurking, and even happier that you showed yourself! Thank you so much for your compliments--I hope I continue to keep you entertained. And of course, we'll have to see... :) Thank you so much for reading.

KELIA: I'm glad you liked the idea... and things seem bound to get ugly. I also agree--Anakin and Padme's marriage should stay between the three trustworthy ones that have any business knowing--Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan. Well, at least for now. Thank you much for your kind words and for reading. [:D]

__Sithspawn__: Thank you! Ha--the old geiser indeed has a plan, which always seems to make things ever so complicated. Thank you for your care and concern--I have indeed been hanging in there, and it is getting easier. Thank you so much for reading!

VA_Parky: Thank you--Ani needs to remember that now, more than ever. Hah--I wroet that specifically to get a laugh or two, and I'm glad that you liked it. Thank you so much for your kindness and concern and for reading.

Star_Angel:
    Hee! I'm glad you liked my joke. I agree--that definitely wouldn't help anyone or anything at all. Thank you so much for reading!

FitJedi: I agree--a Mace/Obi-Wan battle is good for some nervousness. I also hope the moments last. :) Thank you so much for reading.

Darth_Father-in-law: Thank you! Oh, you're right--with Palpsy planning, things can only flip more upside down. Thank you for your kind words--it truly helps more than you know. Thank you reading, as well.

Jeditheskyisblue:
    I'm glad you found it, too! Hopefully, this will all work out for everyone. Thank you so much for reading!

CrazyAni:
    Hey, my niece! I'm glad you liked the interactions. Hee! I'm glad you liked Mace. I know of a lot of Mace-haters, but I don't think he was truly all that bad, even if he did really screw up the world for Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan. I think he had good intentions, just went about them the wrong way. Thank you so much for your kind words and for reading.

Peagis: Indeed, a bit short. Think of it as... the hump on top of a rollercoaster before it all goes downhill. I agree--I like this "take charge" Obi-Wan. Thank you so much for reading.

Dahlia_Santary:
    I'm so glad you came in! I agree, isn't Palpy always plannin

25. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Failed attempt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.