main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never a Master--RotS AU--What if Obi-Wan had had the visions instead of Anakin? Author notes 7/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    A failed attempt.

2. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Fear not. This has been sent through the moderators.

My replies are on page 5... just realized that they didn't make it onto the same page. My apologies, all.

Chapter Six

Obi-Wan felt his cloak billowing around him as he walked next to Mace Windu, who had not looked at him since leaving the meditation chamber. His lightsaber jerked gently across the side of his thigh, and each bump reminded him of the task at hand.

He had to arrest Palpatine. The Sith Lord, Palpatine.

Sith Lords are our specialty.

Our specialty.

It felt wrong, horribly wrong, to be going up against Palpatine without Anakin. As skilled with a lightsaber as Mace may be, they had no bond between them. There was no way for Obi-Wan to anticipate Mace?s moves, or feel his pain, or know what he needed of him. They could not communicate on the same level as Obi-Wan could with Anakin, especially not with this wall of? something Mace had built up around his mind to keep Obi-Wan out. Obi-Wan tentatively reached out towards Mace?s Force signature, but found it impenetrable, a tightly-woven shroud of complete meditation. Mace must have felt the attempted intrusion, and he turned to look down at Obi-Wan. His eyes gleamed cold in the false Senate lighting, and an involuntary shiver ran down Obi-Wan?s spine. He knew that being in the presence of the only Jedi ever to have harnessed the power of the Dark Side and not fallen prey to its temptations should have been the best alternative to having Anakin there. However, even with Mace there, Obi-Wan felt strangely alone.

Yet he knew that he was in this alone solely to protect his Padawan?s children? to protect his Padawan.

To protect Anakin? attachment?

There it was. As Obi-Wan stood in front of Palpatine?s door, gripping his lightsaber tightly with one hand, he realized the truth that had lived in the back of his mind for more than ten years. Much as he had tried not to hold him at arm?s length, Anakin had managed to bury himself deeply into the still-aching void Qui-Gon had left in his heart. He had been the one to cradle Anakin in the middle of those first nights, screaming and kicking with the nightmares of his mother and of pyres, until he could Force-coax him back to sleep. He had been the one to hand Anakin his first lightsaber? and the fourth and the fifth. He had been the one to carry Anakin, wounded Anakin without an arm, back to the Healers after Geonosis. He had taken only Anakin with him clear across the galaxy, to all the inhospitable places where Padmé was not, and the boy had followed, unquestioningly. Anakin was no Padawan to him, and he never would be regardless of the mistakes he had made. Anakin was a gift?Qui-Gon?s final, and greatest, gift to him. Obi-Wan would be damned if he ever allowed that gift to be broken, either by a Sith or by a Jedi. Keeping Padmé from dying for the good of the Senate was one thing. Keeping Padmé from dying for the good of Anakin was another thing altogether.

?Ready?? Mace asked. Obi-Wan nodded.

The door to Palpatine?s office flew open before either of them touched it. It seemed Palpatine had been expecting them. Despite the automatic white flags that rose in Obi-Wan?s mind, he tried to focus on the faint hissing of his lightsaber blade and the comforting vibrations it made in his palms. The Force poured from the doorframe in a torrent, beating and swarming around his legs and chest and making his entire body tingle with life. Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment?in his mind?s eye, he could see the billowing waves of the Force rising like a flood, but for the first time in his entire life, its crests were tinged with red. Frothy red, like blood. Obi-Wan shuddered. Only a true Sith could have defiled the Force in such a way.

Palpatine was standing in the middle of his office, dressed in a floor-length senatorial robe that carefully concealed all of his body. He looked almost smug, as he pulled aside one side of the robe and summoned his lightsaber from underneath it.

3. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    anakin has got to save obi there is just NO WAY palpy can ever look innocent to him now, they will distroy him together ani will place the last blow and not even care for want of getting obi wan to help then they can all retire together to raise families together somewhere peaceful and beutiful because with the sith gone others will be able to handle the situation .

please update again real SOOON

Snow

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow, what a wonderful update!!

The purple flames were swallowed in the Force, and a wide pool of steaming blood spread out over its now calm waters. Mace?s empty body fell limply at Palpatine?s feet.

Beautiful descriptions, poor poor Mace. :_|

Obi-Wan! Qui-Gon?s voice split the Force wide open. Obi-Wan, I trained you to be the protector of the Chosen One. I know that you are stronger than this. Hurry?I will help you.

Aww, I love that! Qui-Gon helps Obi-Wan, how awesome!

Anakin! Obi-Wan?s voice carried like an earthquake within Anakin?s mind. Anakin, I need you!

I certainly hope Anakin can defeat Palpatine. I'm guessing that seeing Palpy about to kill his Master, then he might turn on him. The only question will be to see who Anakin cares more for. Great update, I can't wait for more!! =D==D=

5. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    :eek: Anakin hurry!!!

Oh, Mace... Why couldn't you just let Obi-wan into your big, bald head? Maybe you'd be alive if you had, and Obi-wan wouldn't be in such a predicament as he is!

Qui_Gon coming to Obi' rescue was so great! :D He'll hold ol' Sidious back until Anakin can get there right? [face_worried]

Padme ain't gonna follow Anakin is she? [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update, Luna! [:D] for the PM and keep those coming my way, okay?

6. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    But then his mind exploded in a flash of white-hot pain.

Anakin clutched at his chest, feeling the stabbing wave of pain spread down his neck and into the rest of his body. He wheezed for air. Padmé woke in an instant and looked at her husband with terror.

Anakin! Obi-Wan?s voice carried like an earthquake within Anakin?s mind. Anakin, I need you!

Gets out own set of cliff hanging gear and digs in... [face_mischief]

Glad that I escaped long enough to read this great update! [face_peace]

Thanks for the PMs! [face_batting]

Star

7. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Thanks for the replies, guys--I just wanted to quick jump in here and tell people that I did write replies [face_blush] They're just on page 5, cuz the servers don't like me.

8. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Great fic. I am loving it. I especially like the last chapter, wonderful cliffie. I will be waiting eagerly for another update.[face_praying] Please write one soon.

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Anakin was a gift?Qui-Gon?s final, and greatest, gift to him. Obi-Wan would be damned if he ever allowed that gift to be broken, either by a Sith or by a Jedi. Keeping Padmé from dying for the good of the Senate was one thing. Keeping Padmé from dying for the good of Anakin was another thing altogether.

Loved this!
    Hang on Obi-Wan, Anakin is on the way to save the day!
    This is the relationship they should have towards each other .Both looking out for the others best interest and being there for each other.
    Padme better listen to Anakin and stay behind[face_shame_on_you] .
    Wonderful update Luna

10. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Now I am hanging on by my fingernails...

My goodness, and to have Qui-Gon whispering instruction, I so want this story to work out differently than the movies! [face_worried]

11. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    That thing with Qui-Gon put an awesome visual in my mind. This chapter was by far my favorite. Outstanding! Obi-Wan better be alright!! [face_worried]

12. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Well, Anakin won't be following Palps, that's for sure. He better get his butt over there fast.

Great post; very exciting.

Don't leave us hanging for long.

13. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I am in complete awe of your writing talent. Words cannot truly express how much I loved that scene. The way you took us into Obi-Wan's mind, how you made us feel his emotions is incredible. And that touch with Qui-Gon...Whoa!!!!!!

I cannot wait for the next update, which I hope is soon. =D= [face_praying]

14. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow, what an update!=D=

To tell the truth, I wasn't that surprised by Mace's death - it just needed to be. (I've read your reply, and I agree with you that Mace isn't bad, he never was. Just...I still don't like him. If I've been told for thirteen years that I was not to be trusted, I'd turn to the Dark Side too.)

The little scene with Qui-Gon touched me, as well as Obi's thoughts about Anakin and how strongly bonded the two of them are. I hope Ani will arrive in time to save Obi!

Thank you very much for the PM [:D] and

update soon!

CrazyAni

15. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ack!!! You left it there? But... Obi-wan! Anakin! Mace! Qui-gon! Padme! Yikes! So many things to worry about - how am I going to make it until the next post??!! :eek:

Awesome update, Luna! Oh yes, it was most definitely worth the wait. I could scarcely breathe - I was so entranced by your descriptions of the Force. This may have been the most beautiful action sequence ever written. =D=

Whew, am I ever glad you came to these boards. Reading your writing has been such a joy!

16. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Holy crap that chapter was awesome!!!!!!!!! And what an evil cliffie to leave us with! Please post more soon![face_dancing]

17. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I loved the part when Obi- Wan thought about Anakin, how he was a gift from Qui- Gon, it was all so amazingly written.

God, I hate Palpatine, can?t he just drop dead[face_skull] .
    Come on Anakin, go and show Palpy what it means to bee the ?Chosen One?, go and help Obi- Wan, together you can kick some sith butts:mad: .

Okay, why do I have the feeling that Padmé will follow him and if she doesn?t, then Palpy will send someone for her, it would just bee so him.

Anyway, amazing as always Luna=D= , and thanx for the pm[:D] .

18. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    I am amazed! That was an excellent post! Your writing style is just...marvelous.

I hope Anakin comes to help Obi, Palpsy is just a slimy snake. I hope he meets his destiny. [face_mischief]

And this story is really getting more and more interesting, I can't wait for the next post!

19. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow. Very awesome scene! Great job! :)

20. CORYCAS

CORYCAS Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Great Chapter. Why do I have the feeling that Padme isn't going to listen to Anakin. She didn't in the movie. I can't wait to see Anakin keep some Sith Butt. Beware Sidious !!!!!!!

CoryCas

21. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    yay! Qui! :D ...But ouch for Mace!

A bit worried for Obi...run Ani run...!

I just hope Padme doesn't show up!

Super update Luna - great writing! =D=

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    You're ending there!

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

That's just evil...well, I certainly hope Anakin gets there in time to save Obi-Wan.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    you know what i honestly believe padme will stay put, many things contributing such as ani not trying to hide the danger he's going into and plainly telling her to stay, concern for her children and knowing ani has got to be able to focus on helping obi wan, oh and he didnt say where he is going too.

SNow

24. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    This a wonderful story! I found it some time ago but just got around to posting a comment.

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Will Anakin stay true to good? Will Obi-Wan survive? Will the children be safe?

Great job! Well written, too!

~SL~

25. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    :D :D :D

Oh, my Padawan sister, you have outdone yourself! :D

Anakin was no Padawan to him, and he never would be regardless of the mistakes he had made. Anakin was a gift?Qui-Gon?s final, and greatest, gift to him. Obi-Wan would be damned if he ever allowed that gift to be broken, either by a Sith or by a Jedi.

A wonderful description of what Anakin means to Obi-Wan. =D=

?Ah, Obi-Wan, I knew you?d come for me,? Palpatine said, smiling as if he was truly excited. Obi-Wan was startled by how childlike and giddy the man appeared. The only other Sith Obi-Wan had encountered?Maul and Dooku?had appeared older, aged somehow when they wielded their dark powers. Palpatine appeared to have turned into a youngling barely out of the Crèche, playing a game of hide-and-seek. As if amazed with his new toy, Palpatine twirled his light saber around in a showy arc, then hoisted it so that it pointed at the ceiling, flush with his face. ?How could you not? Your little vision was certainly dramatic enough.?

That is very true...Palpatine always seems to be made stronger by the Dark Side, in a way no other Sith is. [face_mischief] And, so he is the one who sent the vision... [face_thinking]

What? what would happen to Anakin if his children were stolen from him? Obi-Wan glared with narrowed eyes as Palpatine revealed a different plan. ?I want you.?

[face_thinking] But surely he had to know that Obi-Wan would call Anakin...

Call him? Obi-Wan could almost feel Qui-Gon?s voice, sure and confident, as it brushed against his ears. Call the one who should be here. Call Anakin.

What if by doing so he is playing into Palpatine's hands... [face_thinking]

As I said you have truly outdone yourself. [:D]

*hangs from the cliff, enjoying the lovely view* ;)

I can't wait for the next part!

Ani-maniac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.