main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    @PadmeLeiaJaina It's a good looking piece. Personally I think the Dewback is a tad...scrunched up...but the sculpt and paint apps are nice. Hopefully we get a Bantha at some point.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    He's a little on the small side, but the detailing on him is amazing. I love that you can even move his tongue up and down and his toes move around.

I'd LOVE a 6" Bantha.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I picked up the Target exclusive Bespin escape Leia today. Also got another Ahch-To Island Luke on clearance($9). Might trim his inner robes down to make a Jedi Temple flashback Luke.

Also got the ESB Lando i order the other day

And....

I also ordered the Solo Han Solo. Whatever dum-dum packed it for shipment decided one of those bubble plastic liked yellow envelopes was a good idea, and it arrived with the box crushed. WTH? Who thinks packing a collectable in an envelope is the right way to do things?

Edit: Also bought Commamder Wolfe on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I need that Leia. After payday I might go look for her and to get a couple of wire shelves for my craft room. That's a good excuse to goto Target :)

I like my Ahch-To Luke - only thing I don't like is Rey doesn't stand at the bottom. I'm going to need to get some sticky tape or something to put on her feet so she'll stay upright.

Dawud786 and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I honestly havent really tried to put Rey on it. Mainly because i have no shelf space to display any of those exclusives with the bases.

I did this recently. It's inspired by Sufi dhikr circles and Shia mourning ceremonies for the day of Ashura.[​IMG]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pics are coming in from NYCC

So it looks like 6" Hoth Leia will be a general release. New CW General Kenobi, Grievous, a new Anakin, and Ezra are being shown also at NYCC - these are early preview pics!

Dawud786 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So Yoda and Anakin are repacks - but they're both getting new paint jobs due to a new process Hasbro has in place.

Marketing pics of Grievous and Obi-Wan - Obi-Wan is going to be a Walgreen exclusive in Fall 2019 $19.99. Grievous - will be out spring 2019 and will be $29.99

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Walgreens exclusives... dear lord, WHY!

10. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm really liking this line up from Hasbro. I'm glad that we've got a longer gap between movies, as this has allowed Hasbro to concentrate on existing characters (especially Prequel characters). Grevious looks like a great figure, but he may be a little top-heavy and difficult to stand up.

I was glad to see Anakin and Clone Wars Obi Wan. I've heard that we can expect more Clone Wars characters as well. Maybe we'll also get a Clone Wars Anakin and (hopefully) Maul.

Master_Rebado and DarthJaceus like this.
  11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I saw the Anakin in a bad shot on instagram which makes his face look off. Hoping to see a clearer pic from someone else.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Don't know that these are much better. Why do people only take phones w/ them to these things and not real cameras?

wobbits and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  13. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm assuming that Anakin and Yoda are being released as part of the Archive line. This is great news for collectors who missed the first couple of waves. I would be surprised if we don't also get Han and Greedo in 2019.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has a pic of the new packaging (and figures) in the Bounty Hunter Archive line from NYCC. Figures shown are Boba Fett, Bossk, and IG-88.

Edit - tweet doesn't say if these are 3.75" or 6".

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  15. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm pretty certain those are 6 inch. Not sure how much I like that packaging. Personally, I feel that the Black Series boxes are more robust and less susceptible to damage in transit than card backs.

That said, it's only fair that collectors who bought the originals get to have a different packaging. I'm also just so happy to get my hands on an IG-88 that I don't really care what box it comes in.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The packaging is what made me think those were 3.75" figures after I had posted as I am used to seeing the 6" ones in the box.

17. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Those boxes/figures (if you compare how close the person is right behind them) is too large to be 4". :)

LAJ_FETT and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks! I think those were the ones used on the post on instagram. Anakin just doesn't look good, but then again maybe I am spoiled by my Hot Toys version.

19. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Stoked on all the NYCC stuff. Especially the Archives. I really need Anakin and Yoda. Eagerly awaiting the Archive editions of Bespin and ROTJ Luke.

Just picked these up 2 for $9 at what was basically a flea market.[​IMG]

20. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    Some more 6-inch Black Series reveals From NY Comic Con. Dr Aphra and her droids, Trash Compactor Luke and Rocket Trooper. Luke will be available in Spring 2019 and will be a Target exclusive in the US. The other figures will be out summer 2019.

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Is that an AOTC C-3PO or does it go w/ Dr. Alpha?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  22. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    That's 0-0-0, Dr Aphra's maniacal protocol droid. Note the various instruments of torture on his fingertips. The smaller droid is the equally murderous BT-1 (also belonging to the good doctor).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I saw the fingers and realized it wasn't 3PO. That'll be an easy slight change out from Hasbro though to kitbash and make an AOTC Threepio to sell.

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.
  24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Got General Veers today. He was about the only TBS fig this particular Walgreens had. They had a couple behind him from the TFA waves, but there a good 8-10 Veers.

25. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Just got these today![​IMG]