main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New 6" Black Series Coming From Hasbro

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I just ordered a 3 figures from Entertainment Earth.

Luke(Gideon's light cruiser)
    Leia(comic)
    Mara Jade

2 of those are Canon, but this order looks like an old EU order with Mara in there. They should make a Thrawn trilogy pregnant Leia like they did the TTT Luke. Too bad Hasbro ha never made a pregnant Padme, would be an easy kit bash for them.

2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  3. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I came to share the Yak Face post for that set.

I am really happy that they made so much about Luke new, and the accessories are worth it to me. I might have to get this one.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I wonder if the High Republic Jedi from Jedi Survivor will be the first TBS High Republic figure..

[​IMG]

5. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    HMMMM That would be a good guess

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    A little help here, if you can.

Anyone know if the "official" hasbro store on aliexpress selling the black series and vintage collection figures is the real deal?

This one:
    Hasbro Original Store
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNbyFsI

Thanks for any help!

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    In hand pics of the Mando Luke figure in the no window packaging. I actually love how easy it is to get him OUT of the packaging

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dawud786 and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Nice! I should be getting Luke and comic Leia Wednesday!

I actually really like the simplicity of it. The plastic trays are a bit of a nightmare.

Windowless has draw backs, especially for people who aren't openers.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah but so many of them just stick them sideways on shelves. It really doesn't matter what the front looks like.

Great thing with this for us de-boxers, no more parts flinging out of the packaging when you're popping them out of the plastic trays.

10. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Shelf of Shame Winner star 6

Sep 4, 2021
    I hated get them out of the tray. I was worried about damaging the figures. I kinda wish the would put like a photograph or the side artwork on the front cover, to give it a better look.

Now I have the Exclusive Black Boba Fett figure, and what they did was the have the window opened no plastic, but no cardboard either, aside from the door. So it is opened box sorta. I like the closing door protects the figure. The may look into doing that for future regular releases.

11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm contemplating doing away with the boxes altogether. My collection takes up space I don't have, and my wife isn't particularly keen on the number boxes fgat
    The Skywalker Strikes Luke is similar. Fixed in plastic trays with clear rubber bands. I've only ever taken some of the accessories out, since the figure would never be secure if I removed him. Thankfully, I picked up a Yavin ceremony Luke on discount that I can open and use those accessories with.

12. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Pyke Soldier revealed.

[​IMG]

13. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Recieved Luke and Leia today.

I really do like the new windowless packaging.

So, this Luke figure was definitely a slick way to get that Jedi Luke that was a stretch goal for the failed rancor into the public's hands. I really like the matte finish on it. Gives it a more natural look, and I like the my texture versus a glossier smoother plastic.

I'm not entirely happy with the hood on the robe. These things are never quite what the put in the promo photos and never sit the way they should. But it's a pretty good cut, and I'd have to get my Jabba's Throne Room Luke out to make a proper comparison between them.

I haven't opened Leia yet, but at a glance i love the figure as much as I did the promo photos. I have the figures it's kitbashed from, so it's not a stretch to think I'll like it out of the package.

Dannik Jerriko and Master_Rebado like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my Mara Jade today and promptly removed her from packaging. I was able to stuff her and Luke into her box after I was done checking her out. Wasn't I nice to give them some privacy? lol

Here are some photos I took of her. Had a cookie muncher show up also today.

15. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Fun! I'm expecting Mara to arrive next week!

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    She looks good. When I get my shrine together she'll look good with Jaina

17. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Mara looks amazing

Master_Rebado and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  18. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Mara Jade arrived today!

She's a great figure. Pretty sure there's Jaina Solo re-use. I'll have to get Jaina out to compare.

As I was opening the box, I realized that having the figures packed in and wrapped in paper makes me think of a Muslim burial shroud. So, that's a little surreal.

19. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    New Black Krrsantan figure revealed. Looks like a big improvement on the last one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah he looks pretty good

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Well, I liked the new packaging but a lot of people griped about it and refused to buy I guess.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I haven't even seen any plastic-less Star Wars figures on shelves yet. Crazy how quick they changed course.

24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    That's another thing. I've seen people claiming rampant swaps, but the only Windowless boxes I've seen were NED-B. The rest is stuff that has either been lingering on pegs or a new wave with windows.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  25. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Some upcoming figures from Celebration:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]