main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New AC members

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Jay, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    jedi-girl, short of showing you the threads on new members from when I was there (which I cant do, even if I wanted to), you will just have to take my word...of the 5 members I personally nominated, I had only ever actually spoken to one. The other 4 were members that I had seen posting and had much respect for. How that is a popularity contest, I dont know.

2. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I think it would be cool for members to suggest AC candidates, but that's not the real problem.

3. jedi-girl

jedi-girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    I trust you, dagsy :) It is nice to have a little more information about how the entire process. The fact that there is a lot of discussion about it among existing members is a good thing to know.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread "get to know your AC members" here in the Communications. Where we could post questions to AC members, like this one.

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I think it would be a good idea to have sticky threads (or maybe at the top link bar) in both Communications and Welcome New Users, so that new users who don't come into Communications often still have an avenue to use.

And the use of the Title feature would be good too. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The title feature is actively being discussed both in Mod Squad and in the Advisory Council forums.

6. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    True, it might be a good idea to have a link in the Welcome forum to a thread or something that says who the AC members are, and what their job is. Kinda like the "Your friendly neighborhood admins" thread.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    There is a thread about the AC in "Welccome New Users", and I've already thought about putting the link into the header. :)

Now all I need is a manager who can actually do this. ;)

//writes PM ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.