main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    pssh, ye of little faith.

11/14. no back to the future 2/3 and no big trouble in little china. but i know about lo pan!

PCCViking, Emperor Ferus and Diggy like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    @Diggy, if you have influence over your youthful friend, you’d better exert it now.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I normally give him a longer break the basement chains, but as you wish.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    *gasp* But BTTF Part 2 is the best one of the trilogy!

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
  6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Felt really good today to participate on my local climate change rally, I knelt and sang along. I really see that this is an issue people care about, and it somewhat restores my faith in the future of humanity.

@Juliet316
    Rotten Tomatoes score aside, I definitely agree about Back to the Future 2.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Stop embarrassing yourself, bezzie. Have you been at the wine coolers again?

8. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    besties. i have had cold tendencies for like two weeks now. like, my throat feels a bit weird and i get shivers and ****. so at first i tried to work it off, cus it usually doesnt kick in when i stay active. and it didnt kick in but it didnt go away either. so i thought okay lets get it over with - so i laid down for several days and did nothing and just prepared myself to die. like just laid there and said come and get me cold. cus relaxing after high activity usually makes me super sick whenever its been lurking for a while. and it didnt kick in. but i still feel almost sick and i dunno what my body is waiting for. like come on.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, sometimes a cold-ish can be worse than a cold, because the anxiety of waiting too see what develops is just terrible.

Runjedirun likes this.
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I like westerns.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was just a fan of Doc Brown's love story.

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I've only seen 11 of those: no Top Gun, Few Good Men or Big Trouble in Little China. But like @heels1785 I know about Lo Pan.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Big Trouble in Little China is the only one I haven't seen.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A Few Good Men is the only one I haven't seen. Top Gun is the only one I don't own.

Pulled out of the garage this afternoon and as I'm watching behind me hear and feel a 'thunk'. Look forward again and see something on my hood. Get out to find a rather well done biscuit and on the roof of the garage an upset squirrel chittering at me. Guess I must have scared him when I pulled out of the garage and he dropped it. So I broke the biscuit in two and tossed it back. He was happy enough with half and after he took off a couple birds came to munch the rest including the brightest yellow canary I've ever seen.

Made me smile.

15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    - I can't imagine watching the OT or Rogue One again before becoming a grandparent.
    - The Back to the future trilogy should be fun, haven't seen it since its release.
    - The rest: meh

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi Bezzies, so there is a piece of knowledge I find so traumatising that I believe my brain banishes it as soon as it surreptitiously can. That knowledge is that only in the UK was Harry and the Hendersons called Bigfoot and the Hendersons (Film only, the programme retained the “Harry”).

I blame my trickster of a brain because we have it on, my wife is on the phone, and says “we’re just watching Harry and the Hendersons”

So of course I correct her and as I do realise we have had this exact conversation about two years ago. Stupid brain...or protective brain, I’m not sure.

What I am sure about is that this is the best and worst Bigfoot and the Hendersons story you’ll read today.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    solojones and cubman987 like this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh and it turns out we were watching it on Brigham Young University cable channel. WTF.

18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I was traumatized by Harry and the Hendersons once. My parents took me to their friends house. I must have been a hyper child because I got yelled at a lot as a kid for not sitting still. I'm also highly sensitive and it hurt my feelings to get yelled at. Anyway all I remember is being told to sit still and this guy puts a movie on for me and the bigfoot creature jumped on the car and it scared me. I reacted by moving in my seat on the sofa. Like I must have literally jumped out of my seat, cause the movie scared me. And the guy yelled at me for jumping on his sofa and I think after that I cried the rest of the night. True story.

19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It’s a little known fact but Bigfoot actually grew up on a small farm just outside of Salt Lake City.

cubman987 , Juliet316 and Diggy like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He’s been seen a few times in the North Carolina mountains, but probably only by people who still make moonshine in the bathtub.

Juliet316, Runjedirun and PCCViking like this.
  21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well the garage sale day 1 was pretty meh since it rained a ton....but on the bright side I've drank a lot of beer.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Here’s to a Sunday filled with rain and beer.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That is indeed the current forecast.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And unlike the weather forecast, the beer forecast is actually reliable.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i have been having this exact same thing, also for like two weeks now. it seemed to coincide with a shift in the weather, but yeah i just want to get sick and get it over with. bah.