main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    h

Zapdos likes this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Gratulerer med dagen

Zapdos likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    B

Zapdos likes this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 7

Mar 14, 2004
    happy birthday maia!

Zapdos likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    hb articuno

Zapdos likes this.
  7. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    thanks besties im having gin tonic

8. Princess_Tina

Princess_Tina Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    bottoms up! hbd

9. Diggy

Diggy Force Ghost star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It seems I missed a number of birthdays in here recently. How can I make it up to you all? Oh! I know.

h

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval TV Casualty / FFS! star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
  12. harpua

harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Colorado is still very much on fire. This is the sun, behind all the smoke.

[​IMG]

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've had a really bad evening, and it ended with me dropping my phone without noticing it, and then driving over it with the car. Since I monitor my glucose levels with the phone I realized that I couldn't wait until tomorrow to go and see if it was salvagable, so I scrambled to the only store selling phones that was still open and now I have a new phone. Almost makes me miss those days when glucose monitoring was done with actual drops of blood and a scale that you just judged with your eyes.

14. harpua

harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Random cop just knocked on my window and asked if I'm homeless and if I needed anything. I told him about the housing navigator and organizations I work with and that I have a job. He gave me $20 and wished me luck. So, ****ing random and unexpected.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 SFTC NFL Bonanza Winner star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Happy belated birthday @Zapdos!

Zapdos likes this.
  16. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    thanks juliet. 27s been rough so far. ive dealt with that "o no it all feels wrong" hangxiety. but i pushed through and here i am, at the end of another day. what a champ.

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    It’s a rough age for musicians

Juliet316 , Diggy, gezvader28 and 4 others like this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 7

Mar 14, 2004
  19. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Jul 13, 2008
    I will say the one problem with Fire Pro is that there’s no way in hell Matt Borne’s suplex bridge was ever that gorgeous.

tom likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Clocks just went back in the U.K. GMT baby. Dark at 4pm. Whoop whoop

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Arrrrg I hate the end of Daylight Saving :( Dreading it.

Guys I am thinking about approaching my boss to talk about my career path. I would like to become my company's senior project manager and I would like to get my actual project management certification. A course for this might be $1000 and I was wondering if anyone has experience getting your company to pay for CE like this?

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2014
    We don't have daylight saving in Queensland, but New South Wales does, which means for six months of the year, boundary street in the city of Coolangatta-Tweed Heads is in two time zones.

SJ: here in Aus, all courses are paid for by the health service I used to work for; except with a few exceptions, the costs of which you can claim back on tax at the end of the year.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Here it just depends on the company. My old one had a formal program to apply to have CE paid for. This new one is a lot more casual, so I will just have to ask.

Jedi Ben, Lady Mary and CairnsTony like this.
  24. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I need help, my besties. A lot of help. I have gotten a ton of "feedback" on my parenting style in the past 3-4 weeks because I am not pushing any milestones since I stopped working from home. My daughter is stressed, I am stressed, we are just coping. I didn't make my daughter wear something, she got very upset when a family member (an inlaw, all inlaws) insisted, then I am told not to indulge her all the time and just do it even if she screams. This led to discussing milestones I am "too chill about." I am letting her be an underdeveloped brat, essentially. (FYI, daycare agrees with how I am doing things)

1) No one should be forced to wear something they don't want. No one has to give hugs.
    2) Pushing those milestones FREAKS THE HELL OUT OF HER, that is why she is melting down. You are adding to the stress and making it harder.
    3) OMG, I don't let her get away with everything.
    4) She isn't a ****ing brat, she is 3.
    5) Being genuinely distressed is not a tantrum

I explain 1-5 over and over and all I get is 'you have to stop her behavior; she is going to be a brat; you can't let her win, etc.' Someone not only brushed me off today but tried to get me to leave while they forced my daughter to do something unnecessary that she didn't want to do. I am sorry, I thought I was her parent.

I guess I need advice on how to be firmer with them (which is ironic since they say I need to be firmer with the progeny) and reassurance I am in fact, not screwing things up. Or am I screwing things up, and in that case, I need so much help. I have no family here and I don't want family in the US to worry that I am so unhappy over this when they can't do anything, so I have no one to talk to. I can't post anything on facebook because they are there. All of them.

EDIT: Up to this point, I have had really good relationships with everyone involved. Maybe that makes them freer with their opinions but it is really mucking with me since we were close.

Help!

:(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  25. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 19, 2000
    I have a good tip. Never get angry, never lose control; be strict and patient.
    First and foremost she needs to feel safe and secure with you at all times. If she does, she might not refuse hugs or clothes and stuff.

Lady Mary likes this.