main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    who still plays that game? I do. I have aoe 3 with a few mods like population cap removed and a better AI script so games against the AI are actually challenging. Arguably one of the best real time strategy games ever, IMO.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Every once in awhile they'll dust an advert off for that game. I'll stick with the equally interesting Free Cell.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I played a lot of AoE2 at friends’ houses as a kid but I don’t think I ever touched 3. By that point everybody I hung out with’s RTS habits were drifting Blizzard-ward. Blizzward?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Never played any Age of Empires game, never liked them.
    However, I did play a lot of Galactic Battlegrounds. Great game!

Ramza likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope the next conversation about your promotion is just as good as the one you had this week @solojones

Almost 2 years ago I bought this photo, I bought a frame for it today and I'm seriously contemplating taking it to work to decorate my office.
    [​IMG]

6. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    AoE 2 and Warcraft 3 have been key elements of my childhood.
    I played Age of Mythology for a while as well, but there's little to do AoE 2 is just better.

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Besties, I need some help. I need a meme, a clip that shows "disbelief and going: no ****ing way".
    Does anybody know a good one?

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  9. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Thank you!

tom and DarthTunick like this.
  10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I am in the middle of a fitness/nutrition "thing" but I am having cookies for breakfast because **** it. [face_party]

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Beer & wings for dinner for yours truly, in line with my "nutrition plan". :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hi besties. Today there was a region wide Tornado alert test via cellphones and sirens. I knew about it ahead of time luckily...because the alert did NOT say it was a test. It blared at everyone at 10am that there was a tornado coming and to take shelter from flying debris.

Fun times. Good job to whomever sent that out to like 9 million people in MO and KS.

Juliet316 and blackmyron like this.
  13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Not quite as dramatic as Hawaii's false nuclear missile alert, but still plenty scary.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it was definitely compared to that on Twitter. I had to calm several people at work down over Slack as they were quite worried.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Good news, wife and I are both scheduled for our first round of the Covid vaccine this weekend! :)

16. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Pffft. Let me read you a local headline from here (Holland).

"Everybody who wants the vaccine can already get it in July!".

Already.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That's a sin. Been stranded in the US for awhile but the sole benefit has been that I actually did get the vaccine already. Meanwhile every friend and family member I know in the 6 counties are on a queue for MASTA that will result in death from old age long before any of them ever get the shot.

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm #33 on a list. I'm not sure what that means. One day, I'll get a call, or something. So, soon? maybe.

blackmyron, Rylo Ken and solojones like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    #33 sounds so hopeful. So long as it isn't counting backward from 7,654,989.

Juliet316 and harpua like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm old af, and have asthma. I think I got moved up the list. I dunno, but 33 seems good.

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's only Wednesday, let's just say that I really want this work week to end.

Runjedirun and Healer_Leona like this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Mine is just beginning; had a fellow at my bus stop offer to buy him Tupperware & a robe (he was dressed, btw), but was waiting on his driver to give him money... oh well, for we’ve got plenty of Tupperware at my store. :p

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    It's nearly spring and the nearly three feet of snow in my backyard has nearly all melted. I think I described it as more of a snow-dog poop layer cake. Actually as the snow melted it churned the dog poop, and now it's more of a fine slurry blended into a single patina of dog poop covering my entire back yard.

24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Your foresight to do nothing but observe and report these miracles is commendable.

25. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000