main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    In two hours I have a live streaming concert where Lupe Fiasco goes through presenting his whole album Food and Liquor. @Boba_Fett_2001.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The cat brought a baby rabbit into the house yesterday. Managed to get the cat to let go of the rabbit and the rabbit managed to escape the house with nobody getting injured nor the baby rabbit getting killed.

Rew, DarthTunick , Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Oh yeah I saw something about it. I won't be able to catch it but maybe if they keep a VOD available to watch after.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I don't know. Maybe!

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    My sister came to stay with us this week. I slow-cooked a pork tenderloin to shred for tacos. She's used to tiny dogs. Her dog, Tom Petty, weighs about 4 lbs. Our dog, Dublin, on the other hand, can easily reach most of the surface area on our kitchen counters. So I don't blame her. It's the person who failed to train the dog properly who should take most of the blame here.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It's very Kantian.

You try to make the most of it - you find a nice rich wife, a gated community to live in, a lawn, probably an SUV - and then when you're just about settled, you have to introduce a disturbing element. Sometimes it's an affair, sometimes it's a gambling addiction, but more often it's a dog. You just can't live a quiet life, you have to have something to upset it, even if you aren't really looking for it. That's what that dog is for.

8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Man the Lupe concert was awesome. I do hope they release it on VOD.

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The fact that somewhere in this God forsaken world there is a dog called Tom Petty, somehow makes everything slightly less intolerable.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Let me make it a little less intolerable.

Next month my company is flying my manager a thousand miles here to attend a barbecue.

Either the company is doing too well, or docs are being furiously shredded.

Given the WFH situation, I’m betting on the former.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I had to go to the county courthouse to get a document I need to be able to renew my car registration. Why this can't be done online I don't know.

So I drive 30 mins, get there to see they have a virtual queue system now. No info about this on their website that could have saved me the drive. Join the queue.... 5+ hour wait. Ten people have gone in according to the app but the wait is still 300 min because that's the max they can list.

So no idea if I will actually get in today. At the rate so far, it would take 7 more hours to get to me, which is closing time.

I hate things.

Pensivia likes this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The line has only gone down 100 minutes. At this rate I will be called around 4:45 which is just before they close. I swear if I wait all day, drive up there again, and they close on me, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Darth Guy and Diggy like this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I had a similar, but not nearly as bad experience myself yesterday. I requested a COVD show on the county website last week, as it said it could be months, as it turns out it was only a week's wait, and my time slot was 12-1. It was a whole drive through thing, no problem, with the queue going through a park. So I go up there at 12, but by the time I see the queue is a few hundred cars it's all one way so I can't avoid and come back in a month or two, which would have been my preference at that point. It took about 90 mins to crawl along until I got my shot, and then I had to sit there and wait for fifteen minutes.

BUT, I should count myself lucky. About an hour later I got a text saying they were shutting the site down for the day due to lightning in the area, and it's all outside, obvs. I can't imagine they gave shots to all in line, so they really had their time wasted.

I can't say I am looking forward to going back in four weeks.

Oh, and when it was my turn to get the shot, the guy says, "We have the Moderna vaccine, is that okay?" The hellish part of my mind wanted to say, "I didn't wait 90 minutes for Moderna!" and drive off.

Rew, Rylo Ken, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "I don't want arm pain!"

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I want to know what a COVID show is.

Rew and Pensivia like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's a wypo.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Hell of a day, besties: left my house keys in my locker at work, the household washing machine broke & the truck unload was particularly hellish, so I’ve got aches everywhere... however, a California stimulus was deposited into my checking account today, one I had forgotten about.

[​IMG]

That gif has never been more personally relevant. :p

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's not exciting.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Very well, I will write the script tonight. Casting starts tomorrow, rehearsals in a week. I’m picturing a ‘50’s style musical.

COVID CALAMITY!

edit: (Italy, February 2020) spotlight on a clearly cocky mustachioed young man. He slips thumps behind braces and sings:

I am a man from Barona,
    i have no fear of Corona!
    It’s a gov conspiracy,
    We’ve seen these through history,
    Pah!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  20. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You mean whomps.

Pensivia and Diggy like this.
  21. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    starring @3sm1r ? I'd pay to see that COVID show!

3sm1r and Diggy like this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Congrats, SJ, you are as good as Watto.

Congrats, Watto, you are as good as SJ.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Why thank you, I take that as a compliment.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, you should.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Good morning, it´s Saturday and I'm at work preparing to have my first fully digital education for our new staff who's going to work here in the summer.