main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Good morning. It's a happy and busy Friday so far. I have meetings 11:30 - 12, 2-3 and 3:30-4 so I'm on task to try to get done what I can this morning before my afternoon is essentially shot.

Saturday, my sister in law invited us to their house in Maryland and wants to take us to a basketball game. I don't want to do either things - travel to Maryland or go to a basketball game, but if it makes the wife happy...you know what they say.

Juliet316 , Runjedirun and Rylo Ken like this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Besties -- I know this is not objectively true but there's nothing worse than being very ill when you're away from home in a hotel, such as was my life Wednesday in Buffalo. So I flew home yesterday an am now feeling the muscle soreness and sore throat that comes 36-48 hours later after being violently ill. It's awesome! :(

J-Rod likes this.
  3. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    @dp4m - feel better! Are you sure it wasn't just the stench of post-industrial decay that made you sick?

A quick Friday morning note about dog cognition:

My dog has finally realized that TV dogs are not going to interact with him. They're not going to play with him, nor will they fight with him. If he hears a dog barking, he now checks to make sure it's not just a TV dog before deciding how best to respond.

He's also extended this learning to all tv quadrupeds. TV horses are no longer of any interest. Same goes for TV cats and TV elephants.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Rew, Juliet316 , solojones and 6 others like this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    feel better dp! happy friday bestos!

Juliet316 , Rylo Ken and cubman987 like this.
  5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Happy we get off at 4 today day! I have pretty much nothing else to do the rest of the day. I'm waiting on my substitute boss to get back to me on a script I wrote, but I don't know if she'll have time before the weekend.

So now I'm just trying to occupy myself for the next three hours.

6. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd like to add that my puppy still has issues with window puppies. Window puppies interact with him, and usually not in a good way. They always seem angry about something, and usually it has something to do with my puppy walking past their window. I'm not sure how my puppy parses the difference between window puppies and tv puppies other than the obvious: window puppies want to interact, and it's only the window that's keeping them from completely fulfilling their ambitions for interaction.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    My puppy has a UTI and I had to take her to the vet yesterday :( I'm anxious to get home and snuggle her.

She hasn't paid attention to TV puppies, but she is starting to become slightly less afraid of the barky dogs in the neighbor's yard. She learned to bark back at them from my parents' dog. Good dog.

Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It was a national day of mourning in our household when Nero (the family's tyrannical Boston Terrier overlord) discovered that television animals were only in his presence through means of technological witchery and immediately ceased all attempts to subjugate them.

9. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    best wishes for a speedy puppy recovery, @solojones . My dog's only health problems so far have been the results of counterproductive behavior like eating a soiled baby diaper wrapped in a plastic shopping bag.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh boy. Luckily I haven't had any problems like that. She just chews on my socks, which seems relatively mild. But yeah I think it being snowy outside the whole three weeks I've had her caused her to hold it too long and get the UTI.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys. What should I do until I go home.

11. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Except now I just miss my puppy :(

Rylo Ken likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So do we. Since, now they are technically jaded, disinterested old dogs.

poor yorick and Rylo Ken like this.
  14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Now I'm home and playing with my puppy. She's clearly feeling better.

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My almost 16 year old cat just jumped onto the kitchen island. Clearly, his arthritis medicine is working.

Rew, Runjedirun, solojones and 4 others like this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm a cat person. I've only been owned by cats all my life. Never owned a dog.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn’t have pets growing up. I adopted a cat at age 28 and have never looked back. I’ve been owned by five since then. Never all at once, I’ve had as many as three at a time. Two seems to be the magic number.

My parents adopted a dog after we had all moved out, and my siblings are dog people. My brother has two boxers; that’s a breed I really like but I don’t have the space.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    At one point, my family and I have had four at once: Sylvester (named for his Looney Toons namesake), Corki (a tabby-tortie mixture), Bart (orange tabby), and Baxter (black and white, non-Tuxedo which Sylvester was).

We got Sylvester from a friend of my aunt's, so he wasn't a kitten when he came to be with us. He had a reputation of being a fighter, but that wasn't true. In fact, he was probably the sweetest, most gentle cat we've had. When we got Corki has a kitten, she tried to nurse on him, even though he didn't have the equipment. :p Instead of protesting, he let her try, although he had this "why me?" look on his face. They grew very close.

Before Bart, we had a grey kitty named Sarge. He was such a purrball and very feisty, but he passed away due to complications from his "snipping." We got Bart shortly afterwards, who would take the lead in the mischief making department.

How we got Baxter was very cute (similar to how we got our current youngest kitty, Marbles). My dad came home from playing cards with my aunt and uncle. He heard a tiny meow from across the street and saw a black and white kitten. The kitten followed him across the street to our home, and "adopted" us. He and Bart bonded.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    My puppy is now getting sick from the antibiotics and can't keep food down. Just made her chicken and rice and she loved it, but of she throws it up again I have to take her to the pet hospital.... Really worried for the poor tiny pup. She still only weighs 4 lbs

20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Sorry to hear that, @solojones . I hate to hear about any animal suffering. :(

22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    poor puppy. More collateral damage from the new best friends club thread curse.

Juliet316 , tom and solojones like this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well she kept down the chicken and rice last night. So I'm gonna have to cook more of that and feed her just that for the next week. Lucky dog :p But yeah hopefully she doesn't throw up her food anymore. Knock on wood so far it's ok...

Thanks for the concern everyone.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Juliet316 , tom, Rylo Ken and 5 others like this.
  24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to hear she's doing better, Rachel. Hopefully going back to dog food won't be too tricky.

@dp4m hope you better are too.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Besties, the Oscars are on tonight. Should I wear anything?