main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new best friends club thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Dec 15, 2014.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Don't know how you feel about his type of comedy, but it could be worth it?! :p

3sm1r likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Speaking of savage moments, the Bucs might see plenty of that this year because it looks like they'll sign Suh to replace Gerald McCoy.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I do like Norm McDonald, thanks.

I woke up with terrible vertigo last night, the whole room spinning. I'm at the doctor's office waiting to see someone now. Had to use my last sick day for the year...

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    Still having the headaches too?

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't had a headache in about a week, but I do wonder if they're related.

6. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    Keep us posted.

3sm1r likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    feel better sj!

besties, our evening supervisor left and it's taking a while to get his position filled. i've been pulling a bunch of midnight shifts in addition to my regular shifts, which means overtime but also that i am just so so tired. [face_tired][face_coffee]

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    @solojones - that sounds awful. I've had friends with vertigo issues like what you're describing. It sounds very familiar, but I don't remember why or how they fixed it, only that they were able to get it fixed.

@tom I guess you probably can't use the overtime pay to buy extra hours of sleep.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks for the encouragement. There's a maneuver you can do to make the vertigo better. And it worked for one side but not the other. So now I may need to go to see a physical therapist. Can't drive until this is fixed.

3sm1r likes this.
  10. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    Oh okay, you have the same kind of vertigo I get. There are crystals in our inner ear that can become dislodged. I saw the maneuver on YouTube. Works for me every time. I'm glad it worked on one side for you.

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Usually loathe inclement weather, but this small spat of thunder out here, right as I’m about to go to sleep, is some nice timing. :p

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah it's that. They said if I hadn't tested positive for that they would have had me get an MRI because of my weird headaches recently... But yeah it seems to just be BPPV. I just couldn't do the move well enough so hopefully the PT tomorrow can fix it. Ugh, I can't believe it's lasted all day.

On the plus side, I get to work from home tomorrow. Can't drive yet.

13. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    yup, it just came south to Disneyland. raining too.

DarthTunick likes this.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi besties. I’ve been scarce these past two weeks and I’ve missed you. My boss and good friend had a serious medical emergency (as in “airlift you to the hospital” serious) and it’s all been really bad, between work descending into absolute chaos and the daily trips to the hospital. It’s felt like I’ve been home just long enough to sleep, and I hate it. Good news is, in one week the kids are finally off school and my boss is being released from the hospital, so things might be getting normal again. Cross your fingers, bedazzled bezzies.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I can't think of better mood-setting weather for Disneyland.

Lady Mary likes this.
  16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your boss, JTS, but glad he's getting out of the hospital soon.

I am working from home today because it's not safe for me to drive until about 24 hours after I have the treatment, which I had this morning. I'm still a little woozy and inexplicably really tired.

The bad news is, the PT said I need to keep an eye on my headaches. Because if I have more of them and have the dizziness or vertigo near it, it could mean they're both being caused by something more serious like a pinched artery in my neck. Which is... obviously not good. But hopefully it's just a coincidence that both these things have happened near to each other...

On a lighter note, I also now have the hiccups and it's really annoying :p

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    best wishes for a normal summer, JTS!

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Oooh sounds enticing NYC besties. It depends on how much down time I'll have, since my sister may or may not have cases Friday through Sunday. But let's make tentative plans to meet up via PM or something. I'll be in the Brooklyn area.

Besties, I have today off which is great, but my car is in the shop due to steering wheel problems which is not so great, but my mechanic is able to get it fixed for a pretty damn reasonable price (thought it'd be 300 more than what he quoted to me) which is great, so now I'm just waiting for that to be done.

19. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    No pressure, of course, but in case you'll have time it'd be a pleasure. Otherwise if you need infos don't hesitate to ask, even though Point Given is surely way more expert than me. I'm just very competent in ramen places. The best one is Ippudo, on 51th Street between 8th and 9th ave.

tom likes this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If you all meet up, don't forget your lederhosen.

3sm1r likes this.
  21. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    Been thinking of you, did this treatment work? Dizziness gone?

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I think the treatment worked. I'm supposed to take it easy for a few days but as long as I'm not dizzy tomorrow I can drive again.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    How did you know I bedazzled all my clothes?

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Right now, I'm in between jobs (in actuality if not officially). Currently, I can pay one more month's health insurance premium, but unless I can get a new job soon, that will be the last premium I can afford to pay.

Oh, and did I mention that it's basically $200 more than when I first started with this health insurance ($237 per month in 2014; $436 now).