main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    March 2020

2. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Alien Vanguard likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's coming out tomorrow

4. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Oops, sorry my bad. Was a bit too quick on the trigger there.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    With The Mandalorian premiering tomorrow we would like to alert everyone that spoilers for the show are NOT ALLOWED anywhere in New Films. Anyone posting spoilers for the show will have their posts edited and their accounts banned for at least 24 hours. You may use the New Canon Materials thread to post previews of episodes, updates on the show, general news about the show and official episode descriptions. All in-depth discussions of the show need to go in our SWTV section.

This zero spoilers policy will be in effect for New Films until after the final episode premieres on December 27th, 2019. After that date you may discuss the show as long as it relates to the topic of the thread but you must use SPOILER TAGS. The use of spoiler tags will be mandatory until one month after it's March 31st premiere. Just keep in mind that with this staggered release schedule we won't all be able to see the show at the same time so please be thoughtful of your fellow users and don't spoil the show for them.

We also would like to remind everyone that this site has a zero tolerance policy towards piracy. Anyone discussing pirated episodes or where to watch pirated episodes will have their posts edited and their accounts banned for at least 24 hours.

Modding is a complicated profession. Don't make it anymore complicated. Or else...
    [​IMG]

7. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    In the UK we won't get Mandaloran till MARCH. Can anything be done for us?

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We've accounted for that. Like I said in the post above after December 27th all spoilers must be tagged until one month after the March 31st premiere date.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What's the official view on using things like VPN to view episodes?

I'm curious in a more academic sense, as I don't have the tech skills to actually use it, but even if your location is masked Disney+ still requires a payment and if it's not that fussy about it, it'd be just about permitted?

We're in this strange new world.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm really not sure what Disney's official policy on using VPNs are. I know it's possible to do so but whether or not the Mouse is going to send snipers to your house for using one I have no idea. :p

On our end I would say just don't advertise that you're using a VPN and you'll be fine.

Jedi Merkurian and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks DC - been wondering what the answer was.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    So April 31st?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes.

14. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I feel like that day will never come....

15. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    The Mandalorian. That was a cool star wars moment and well worth awaking at 430 am to watch on my theater screen. Ending was awesome !!!!

Can’t wait for friday.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  16. Neesh

Neesh Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 2, 2019
    Had to torrent The Mandalorian because Disney+ seems to be having issues this morning, but I did subscribe to the service so I figured what the heck.

There are parts of this show that are a serious delight! That is all I will say :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  17. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Just reading Alphabet Squadron at the moment and I love how page 86 of that novel ties in directly with the main storyline / narrative of the Battlefront 2 computer game. And the book also ties in with comics too.

Brilliant LFL, one cohesive layered storyline that while it focuses on a specific event over here, it also mentions and links together with storylines over there. Not just a mish mash of new stories focusing on a specific event.

Because the galaxy is a much bigger place than just the events that surround the Skywalkers and their immediate associations.

Love your work Lucasfilm - just dont make Han a drunk.

18. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Star Wars Resistance (I don't watch the show, but if you care about any possible premise tie-ins to SW:TROS):

FIRST ORDER RAIDERS
    An elite new class of stormtrooper, the First Order Raiders are highly skilled hunters of a very specific variety, seeking to obtain ancient Sith relics for their commander, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/first-order-raiders

MIKA GREY
    Fearless and inventive, Mika Grey is a rugged, old treasure hunter of sorts whose aim is less about riches and more about keeping destructive and powerful artifacts out of the hands of the First Order's Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. After one particular two-and-a-half-year search, the planet-hopping archaeologist discovers an ancient Sith relic that holds untold, life-ending power at its core, but she destroys it to shake the First Order operatives on her tail. This may be why she prefers to work alone.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/mika-grey

* Kylo Ren official SW: TROS character description: "As Supreme Leader of the First Order, Kylo Ren wields more power than ever before. Nevertheless, Ren continues to search for secrets of the Force from the depths of the dark side."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  19. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Loving that relic-hunting troopers concept. :D Not to say anything of the "Raiders" name!

Oh Lucasfilm, you wascally wabbits.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  20. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Io9 - Vader Immortal Episode III Will Make You Look at Star Wars in a Whole New Way

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  21. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Marvel February 2020 solicitations.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #3
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • JESUS SAIZ (A) • CoverS by R.B. SILVA
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    RETURN TO CLOUD CITY!
    • The end of the war and the final defeat of the REBEL ALLIANCE are inevitable as the cunning IMPERIAL COMMANDER ZAHRA unleashes her fury against the splintered and scattered survivors.
    • But where have the Rebellion’s greatest heroes gone when their cause needs them the most?
    • LUKE SKYWALKER’S only hope at becoming a JEDI KNIGHT was lost during his battle with DARTH VADER…and so he, PRINCESS LEIA and LANDO CALRISSIAN must return to CLOUD CITY to find it! But Leia has her own covert mission to accomplish there…and Lando’s mysterious reason for returning could very well ruin their only chance at success!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #1
    GREG PAK (W) • RAFFAELE IENCO (A) • Cover By Inhyuk Lee
    VARIANT COVER BY RAFFAELE IENCO
    VARIANT COVER BY TONY DANIEL
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    “JOIN ME, AND TOGETHER, WE CAN RULE THE GALAXY AS FATHER AND SON!”
    THE TRAGEDY OF DARTH VADER CONTINUES!
    In the shattering climax of The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader infamously reveals his true relationship to Luke Skywalker and invites his son to rule the galaxy at his side. But Luke refuses -- plunging into the abyss beneath Cloud City rather than turn to the Dark Side. We all remember Luke’s utter horror in this life-altering moment. But what about Vader? In this new epic chapter in the Darth Vader saga, the dark lord grapples with Luke’s unthinkable refusal and embarks on a bloody mission of rage-filled revenge against everything and everyone who had a hand in hiding and corrupting his only son. But even as he uncovers the secrets of Luke’s origins, Vader must face shocking new challenges from his own dark past.
    Writer Greg Pak and artist Raffaele Ienco unleash Darth Vader on his dark quest of vengeance and discovery this February! With covers by InHyuk Lee!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

[​IMG]
    STAR WARS: THE RISE OF KYLO REN #3 (OF 4)
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • WILL SLINEY (A) • COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    Variant Cover by STEFANO LANDINI
    BEN SOLO, KNIGHT OF REN?
    • Soon, BEN SOLO’S path will end in a place of fire and blood, and a shadow will rise to take his place. He is with the KNIGHTS OF REN now, and they will welcome him, if he can pay their price.
    • But before that destiny is fulfilled, a battle must be fought at an ancient JEDI Outpost on the planet ELPHRODA - between Ben and those who know what he could have been... and fear what he might become.
    • Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Everyone here is afraid - Ben Solo most of all!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ah, Luke's lightsaber's journey.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventures #31 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    (W) Cavan Scott, Michael Moreci (A) David M Buisan (A/CA) Arianna Florean
    Explore the galaxy in light of events depicted in The Rise of Skywalker! In this issue, the spotlight falls on Rey!

Includes a special installment of Tales from Wildspace, where the crew of the Star Herald swing into action themselves!
    In Shops: Feb 19, 2020

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    MrDarth0 likes this.
  24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Now this looks good!

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hear that Resistance actually improves significantly in Season 2.