main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and the Anthology series - CAUTION: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

I got this, this morning and it's amazing and far better than TFA Visual Guide. Only omission i'd have liked them to include would've been
    Tarkin and Leia.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Satipo did you say that you have read the Rogue One novel, already?

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Pretty much. I'm at the attack on Scarif. It's very good IMO. I mean, it's not Dickens, but for a SW book, it's great. Much better than the TFA novelisation, which I thought was pretty lazy.

Yes, this is also fantastic.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Is there a lot of material not in the film? Is there an indication of differences from the re-shoots? I'm trying to decide if I should get it. I really loved Catalyst, and I'd like to read this if there's enough extra material. I, to, was unhappy with the TFA novel, which is why I'm asking.

5. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Not a huge amount, mostly nice extra character nods and it does a good job of exploring motivations. There are fun Intel reports and missives (e.g.) between Tarkin/ Krennic that are very cool.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    If/when you find out, I'd like to know if Raddus survives. Pretty please. :)

Pro Scoundrel and Satipo like this.
  7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I was reading the last battle fairly swiftly so might have missed something, but it doesn't say either way.

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I thought that'd be the case. It leaves the door open to use him later, which is fine by me. He was awesome! :D

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith reveals that
    The Sith force Kyber crystals that haven't chosen them to make a lightsaber, and that this process turns the crystal, and by extension the lightsaber, red. I wonder what this means for canon Old Republic stories considering that in Legends, the early Sith Lords are shown with yellow lightsabers.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    There are no canon Old Rebuplic stories, and any future stories set in that era likely won't adhere to Legends in any capacity.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I would imagine that, like the new EU now, they will borrow things from Legends. I fully expect Darth Revan (and maybe some others) to be re-introduced at some point. I really can't wait until they start delving into that part of the SW mythos.

12. 2old2Bhere

2old2Bhere Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 8, 2014
    Heres something I found about "Star Wars Canon" and I dont like it one bit.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a832355/star-wars-canon-han-solo-greedo/

Heres a sample:

MasterPrince713 likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't think it refers to TCW or Rebels TV series but to comics and other stuff.
    I would like it

14. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I like that a lot, because types of dialogue are correlated with particulsr modes of storytelling - mythic, mimetic, etc. So I don't expect the dialogue in the Forces of Destiny cartoons aimed at very young children to be canonical, as in a different mode of storytelling (say in a more adult-oriented narrative like Rogue One) those characters would not have spoken that way. This is a much more natural center conception of canon that builds on real world historical transmissions of stories, and the different modes in which they are told. Disney's Sword in the Stone has very different dialogue to the French version of the myth, and that has very different dialogue than the original Celtic version of the myth. So there's no reason to strictly lock in dialogue as canon. But the narratives and key events can be.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  16. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    People with the gift of the ''third sight'' appears in Thrawn Alliance. They are essentially Navigators of either Dune or WH40K fame, but with the Force.

(They are also all female and children-teenagers, they lose their power as they grow older. Oh, and they are Chiss. So they are really good a precognition).

TBH, setting up an entire ''sect'' of Force users that are strongly hinted to be extremely powerful (the anguish of 5-6 of them being kidnapped was enough to be sensed by Darth Sidious, Thrawn risked his Imperial career to rescue them, they are specifically able to guide ships in areas thought unreachable by hyperspace) could be just a one time fluke...except the book is also an extensive infomercial for a upcoming Disneyland attraction.

GregMcP likes this.
  17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I like the Minority Report style idea of super powerful Force Sensitive children captured and used to fortell the future, bend reality, transport to impossible places... Luke's Projection vastly ramped up.

It's sort of taking something that looked cool in the movies and taking it to it's illogical conclusions.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The last issue of Poe Dameron is coming. It's not looking good for Black Squadron and so far all we know who will survive is Snap and Poe and the only other Black Squadron on screen character is Jess Pava and it's possible if she dies in this issue that's showings she won't be in Episode IX.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  21. FN1971

FN1971 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 13, 2018
    Recent developments in the Canon are outstanding.

Vader (marvel) issue 21 introduced sith heretic Lord Momin who used Force to create things. This was studied by Vader.

Strangely it coincides with purported leak from ep. IX that First Order has production facility on the ocean planet and there uses Force Technology to create its war machine.

22. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Where does this rumour originate from?

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

23. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Let me introduce you:
    Lord Momin:
    [​IMG]

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Liked because of Mumintroll.
    Kind of disliked because of the misspelling of Mumin/Moomin. :p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I could not resist to misspell it on purpose.

TCF-1138 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.