main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question New guy looking for tattoo ideas

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mr Tibbs, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi all!! Life long fan here looking for more tattoo ideas. Last week I got my first tattoo and I chose a Mythosaur! It turned out great and I am already looking for my next tattoo. Here is a pic of my Mythosaur tattoo for reference. I'm looking for something to go on my other arm to balance things out.

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron and benknobi1 like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Mr Tibbs: Failte Nua Duine. Sick ink. Whoever banged out your tat really used a nice palette in the black/red contrast. That turned out lovely. Has solid dimension to it. My wife is a tattooist, so I get to pass myself off as knowledgable..
    If I were into Fett imagery and emblematic or icon leaning tats, I would consider Jango or Boba's faceplate. Not even the full helmet, necessarily, but the symmetrical linework on their faceplates. Jango has better colors to work with, but either could turn out tight if done correctly.

benknobi1 likes this.
  3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Love the tattoo:D
    Welcome Aboard:D

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, big tattoo...!!

Personally, I would prefer temp tattoos - in case it doesn't turn out well or I don't like it after a certain amount of time. But I haven't found a good (mostly healthy) way, so I just enjoy looking at other ones tattoos. ;)

There are tons of SW arts that might look good as a tattoo as well. I guess, it's all about time and looking through pics. It's hard to suggest a board, where you can get better/more suggestions. Maybe you should take a look at FanArt and SW Community. But before you post your topic, ask the mods of those boards (Correllian_Outraider and Sinrebirth) first. They can give you a good hint as well. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! Very cool tattoo :) I definitely second Skiara's Fan Art suggestion. You might even be able to find someone willing to design one for you!

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  7. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    Thanks for the link!! I think i have an idea from there. I love the old KOTOR games and I'm thinking a Krayt Dragon skull would compliment the mythosaur skull nicely. Thoughts?

BTW, thanks for the compliments on the tattoo. Not only is my tattoo artist fantastic at his job, he is a huge star wars fan! That helps a lot in the design phase of the tattoo. Lol

Thoughts on the Krayt dragon skull idea?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tattoo idea: the logo of the Empire!

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Tibbs, that's really a good basis when he loves tattoos as well! Then, the next one should look good as well. :D

Have you taken a look at FanArt etc already? :)

10. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    Not yet, I will try to take a look today. Thanks for the help! I'll take all the ideas I can get!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

11. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    Ok, I took a look at the fan art here but I didn't come up with many ideas. I'm thinking of something that matches the mythosaur tattoo on my other are. Something like this with some tweaking:

[​IMG]

I would like to drop the tongue and extend the top jaw. And make the lines not so straight, like bone to match the mythosaur tattoo on my other arm. Also, instead of the shading being black and red I'm thinking black and light blue. Thoughts???

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    For me, it looks a bit too "dark". Since it's for eternetiy and ones mind can change after a few years, I would take something more "lighter" (not "light", but "lighter"), that would even work when minds chance.

And I agree with the posters above, that I would rather search for symbols than faces or so. No one ever knows what kind of developements a character goes through, maybe a good guy becomes bad or otherwise around. That would problematic when one loves solely the good side (e.g.).

Just my two cents, of course. ;)

13. buylesslivemore

buylesslivemore Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2013
    i too, have a mythosaur skull tattoo. mines on my inner bicep.
    it depends. if you're going for a dark vs light concept, this could be good with the lightblue and soft-rounded linework

but imho, i don't like that image one bit. and wouldn't dream of getting it put on my body for life

14. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    UPDATE!!!!

A few months ago I got a second tattoo of the Krayt Dragon. Here is a pic, thoughts???

[​IMG]

15. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    The mythosaur skull makes a good tattoo, it's kind of metal.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, that tat oozes "metal". That could be Kerry King's arm...

17. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not. I think this design is kind of metal

[​IMG]

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    No, I meant it. The only reason my post could be untruthful is that Kerry King's arm wouldn't be that bare. He has ink all over his dome.

19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    He seems to like the tribal stuff

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, he is very into flames and tribal.

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I love them! They are both EPIC!! Make my little lightsaber look pretty sad really.....my brother has the Imperial Cog on his left back shoulder blade....but sadly neither of our artists even knew what we were talking about. Mine had never seen a lightsaber before, but she did a good job of mine IMHO. ;)

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Great tattoos! I'm wondering if I should get a Star Wars tattoo when I'm older, there's so many cool ideas, I'd have to have a good think about what to get.

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Think hard Jordan, remember, it's for life, so you have to consider your life, your career and what it will look like in fifty years. ;)

24. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Hi Mr Tibbs :D

My tattoo idea: Don't get one. :p

Welcome to JCF!

25. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    I thought about it for about 10 years or so! Lol Seriously, I wanted a tattoo for a long time but I had to find A) Something that I was comfortable with for the rest of my life and B) A tattoo artist that I had complete confidence in. After that it was just a matter of scheduling it and getting it done.

It's a little late for that! Lol Seriously though, I completely understand that tattoos are not for everyone. But for me it's something that I wanted for a long time and finally had the time and means to make it happen. And as a bonus I found a great artist that happened to be a huge star wars fan! BONUS!!

26. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Jedi Padawan

Jan 13, 2013
    I thought about it for about 10 years or so! Lol Seriously, I wanted a tattoo for a long time but I had to find A) Something that I was comfortable with for the rest of my life and B) A tattoo artist that I had complete confidence in. After that it was just a matter of scheduling it and getting it done.

It's a little late for that! Lol Seriously though, I completely understand that tattoos are not for everyone. But for me it's something that I wanted for a long time and finally had the time and means to make it happen. And as a bonus I found a great artist that happened to be a huge star wars fan! BONUS!!