main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question New here and was wondering....

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by LordMourth, Apr 13, 2016.

1. LordMourth

LordMourth Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2016
    If I was free to ask a question that might come off as a bit snobbish.

Y'see... I LOVE the Sith, I love the EU, I love KOTOR and SWTOR and Revan and Nihilus and The Clone Wars. And ever since Disney came along, I've been more let down than inspired, it seems. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved TFA, don't let me misguide you. But when it came time for me to delve back into the newly cleared waters of novels, I was beyond let down. Tarkin played out like a space-wide Cat and Mouse tale, Aftermath had SO MUCH potential but ended up rooting me in a sense of not caring about a single one of these characters, Lords of the Sith was enjoyable but I wish they'd have (since they now have a clean slate) shown Vader actually interested in increasing his power in the Dark Side rather than just preparing for when he could overthrow Palpatine.

But, all those things pale in comparison to my absolute and un-quenching annoyance with Star Wars: Rebels. I'm sorry, but seriously... helicopter lightsabers? Order 66 was just a chip? The animation makes them look like puppets? The lightsabers look like toothpicks?

I could go on, honestly. I just.. I guess I posted this so someone could help me see the light of Disney changes. Is there anyone up to the task?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello. :)

Welcome to the community. I'm sure you'll find many people here on both sides of Rebels fandom. I was prepared to hate it, but stuck it out.

Have you seen the Rogue One trailer? Disney is going to give us a new movie every year. :) I'm willing to be open minded after seeing TFA that they will continue to keep SW amazing.

On the novels - prefer the now-Legacy EU novels honestly. :p Not sure if I'm just being stubborn because they reset all those wonderful stories I've loved. [face_laugh]

What questions do you have? Im sure someone will be happy to discuss.

3. LordMourth

Apr 12, 2016

I'm honestly extremely excited for Rogue One, and the fact that Vader will be in it is so amazing!!

I think my main question is I loved Clone Wars, and Rebels, to me, just seems so... childish and honestly lame. I just can't get over the animation or the characters. I understand its on Disney XD so it can't be entirely adult, but still. I just... I can't wrap my head around giving it a try and further than I already have

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That style of animation seems to be what's popular. I'm not fond of it, but I've liked the storylines.

5. LordMourth

Apr 12, 2016

Hmm I suppose I could TRY giving it another chance.

I really just don't want them to ignore the Sith. I mean, they've already changed the name of Korriban. Every book since the cleaned-slate seems to just focus on the First Order or Empire.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Very nice avatar. :)

Have you read Lords Of The Sith yet? It's on my to read list. The reviews have been pretty good.

7. LordMourth

Apr 12, 2016
    Yeah ironically I have it on my nightstand beside me as one of the next books I'll be returning to. I want to finish Battlefront: Twilight Company first, but so far I'm not very enthralled.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Darn, I was hoping it would be good.

9. LordMourth

Apr 12, 2016
    It's not as bad as Aftermath, honestly. I'd give it a go; it plays out like Rogue One - it's about the war, not the mythical aspects.

10. jedimaster_lee_smith

jedimaster_lee_smith Jedi Master

Jan 4, 2002
    I can only answer the helicopter lightsaber post. From my understanding after reading elsewhere the blade spinning and them "flying" are two separate things. It is my understanding there are miniaturized repulsors in the blade handles.