main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo New internet only trailer

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I do not have a DVD Rom, and I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I'm missing in the new trailer. Help!

Tiffany

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Navaren,

I HAVE the trailer! :D

There are just no words to describe the COOLNESS that drips off of this trailer! [wipes drool]

The trailer isn't supposed to be downloadable. However, when you watch the trailer in the InterActual browser, the Quicktime plugin sticks a cache file, conveniently named gobblediegook.TXT in your Temporary Internet Files folder.

The cached file however is incomplete. Simply giving it a .mov extension won't work. If you open the cached file in a Hex Editor, you can clearly see that the first 36 bytes have been neatly X'ed out. Where are the starting 36 bytes? In the Quicktime stub file that directs the data stream to the actual movie file. A VERY CLEVER trick on the part of LucasFilm and Apple. However, if you use your trusty Hex Editor and place this byte pattern at the front of the file...

00 00 22 C5 6D 6F 6F 76 00 00 22 BD 63 6D 6F 76 00 00 00 0C 64 63 6F 6D 7A 6C 69 62 00 00 22 A9 63 6D 76 64

Voila! The file magically works! You will need Quicktime Pro however because the Video and Audio tracks have been disabled. With Quicktime Pro, you can save the file good as new, right on your Harddrive! :D

As a matter of fact, I am burning a copy of the "Mystery" trailer to an SVCD right now that will play in most DVD players.

I'll see what I can work out to get the trailer to the rest of the Provo group! ;)

Later,

3. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

For those of you who have not seen the "Mystery" trailer(That's really the name. It's based on the content of the trailer), here are some options that I feel comfortable with...
    • You can come by my place and watch the trailer on my DVD player
      OR
    • I can burn you your own SVCD to play in a DVD player or PC. If you do want your own copy burned, please bring a regular SVCD with you and let me know your DVD player make and model ahead of time.

This really is due to the nature of this trailer being intended for owners of the Phantom Menace DVD. I know many of you out there own the DVD but do not have a DVD-ROM drive, or you have a Macintosh, or just couldn't get the InterActual player to work. Well, maybe I can help you out here. ;)

BTW...This trailer really is worth watching and, in my humble opinion, is the single most exciting Star Wars trailer I have seen yet! :D

Later,

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My friend Laura on the boards sent me a site where you can get it; it was AWESOME!

5. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings DarthIshtar,

Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Well if it's widespread, I suppose i could put it up somewhere people can download it. ;)

Post here people if you're having trouble watching it.

Later,

6. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    My computer is crap so until I get it upgraded I can't watch it. :(

7. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    It's very way cool!
    If you've got KaZaA or something you should be able to find it easily (I found it inadvertantly while downloading misc. trailers)

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks for the info, Mike. My dad was going to try to hack the cache file that he got. Just curious, how did you get the needed data?
    And yes, I saw it a few times. It was awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.