main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive New Jedi Outcasts RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SECRETSISTER, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    OOC: the double me...

IC:
    *Tlo's mouth formed a perfect 'O'.*

You mean...I passed them in the corridor...I think...uh...they got back together? Fought it out in the middle of the Mess Hall? Oooooooohhhh, big 'no-no'!

*She laughed.*

Don't worry, Lank, I promise I won't yell at him in the middle of the hangar. Besides, I can just see you dressing down someone who outranks you - including me...and before you even think it, I DO! On the hangar floor, that is.

*Lissa laughed again.*

She's got you there, dear. In fact, after D'nari and Hayden left, I had a feeling that perhaps Skye and Earwen were going to get into it...and then I thought...I could just see us afterwards, facing each other in the middle of the room and totally exasperated and yelling at each other:

"Well! If they're going to fight, shall we fight too?"

*She forced her voice lower...*

"Sure! Put up your dukes, woman!"

Wouldn't that have been a hoot?!?!?! I just hope all relationships are mended before the 'call' comes. This group has been too morose for too long! I just may have to come up with one of those dreaded 'Morale Booster' talks before we leave.

TAG: Lank

2. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    *mkes a show of wiping his brow* "Glad to hear it, Tlo."

"Me, agrue you with you, Lis? Now why would I need to do that? Besides, I hate being a trend follower." *lifts his head imperiously* "I prefer to set them." *resumes his usual poise, laughs*

Tag: Lissa, Tlo

3. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa and Tlo joined in the laughter and Lissa sputtered.*

Oh come on, it would have been FUN!!!

Seriously though, I do hope D'nari and Hayden can talk it out - and Skye and Earwen, too. Ever since I made him break those swords, he's been...well...lost somewhere and her leaving for a while only ended up making a gulf between them. I worry about him, I really do, but...*she shrugged helplessly*...at that point in time, I couldn't leave him armed. I had no idea it would separate him from his 'Spirit'. Maybe, somehow, the energon in that box...

*Again, she shrugged, hoping that she was right.*

*Tlo rose, placing the wine glass gently on the table. That 'Spirit' thing...it's sort of like the Force, isn't it?

*She shook her head.*

Me, I'm just plain ole Tlo...and most times, I'm glad of it. It is a burden I don't think I would want.

*She rolled her shoulders.*

Well, back to work! I've still got some plans to work out.

*She headed for the door then turned back to Lissa and Lank.*

Oh. Both the shuttle and the Smile have upgraded Tractors now...and so does the Ill Repute. I think we could probably pull the Vong off the planet, Yammosk and all!

*She blushed a bit.*

And...thanks...both of you.

*Then she was gone, her footsteps quickly receding down the corridor. Lissa looked at Lank, smiled, rose and bent over him to give him a kiss and a hug.*

What's next?

4. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "Lis, you couldn't have know what Skye breaking his swords would do. You made the right call."

"Tlo, there are times I envy you for not having the ability to touch the Force. Thank you. It's hope that keeps up going, and seeing it fulfilled is a great gift indeed."

*Lank drew Lissa close for the kiss and held onto her after, resting his forehad on hers*

"Next, I was planning on getting some sabre practice in, as that's the old routine I had at Yavin. A lesson, and let my mind mull over it while I push my body. I wanted t make sure the details were covered and grab something to eat, and D'nari and Kress gave that great dinner show..." *Lank shrugged*

"What's next on your agenda?"

5. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa gave Lank another kiss and followed it with a mischevious look.*

You know, I do believe I've actually got some free time. If you don't mind, I could use a bit of practice, too. I don't need to be rusty before I even get started, wouldn't you say? Shall we go find a practice room? I promise I'll be on my best behavior...

TAG: Lank ;)

6. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "WHy do I detect more than a hint of Wes Janson in that assurance?" said Lank. He chuckled*

"Go grab something to work out with, I'll join you shortly."

Tag: Lissa

7. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa laughed as she skipped out the door.*

You are too 'Janson-wise' to fall for that, dear.

*She raced down the corridor to her own quarters and changed quickly, hoping that her comlink wouldn't summon her elsewhere.*

I really DO need the practice!

In no time at all she was in the area of the practice rooms, dressed in a light but not too loose workout suit, her Lightsaber hanging from her belt. She pushed into an empty room and began stretching to warm up her muscles.*

As **** is where others can see and remember and learn...

TAG: No one for now...until my sparring partner shows up.
    OOC: AND DON'T CALL ME, EITHER!!!! I NEED TO WORK!!!!!!

8. Talitha

Talitha Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    "...are there any former jedi among this group? Or any good at dueling? I need somebody to practice against, machines can only do so much..."

Talitha had to chuckle at this question.

"Well, the group isn't called the Jedi Outcasts without reason. Those like me who aren't force sensitive are in the minority here. I'm sure you will easily find someone to duel with."

"What about you? Are you good at fighting? I'm pretty good, growing up on the streets, and then add all my jedi training, but I don't really like to fight. I'm more of a pacifist when it comes down to it. I'd much rather sit down and talk about philosophy than fight. I understand about making people feel uncomfortable, because of my past, I can seem rather blunt at times, but I've been told that I'm good with people, they just don't usually approach me. I guess I'm just so hot and good at everything that it makes them scared of me"

Talitha smiled, noting the joking matter in which he had said the last statement. He wasn't arrogant, but he was selling himself short.

"Well, if I was the kind of person to be intimidated, then yes, I could see how I might be afraid of someone as good looking as you."

The words were out of her mouth before she had a chance to stop them. She was not sure if she said it out of the flattery she had been conditioned to spout or out of truth.

"As for me. I am good at defending myself. I had to be in order to survive the life I've had."

That was the truth whether she was Talitha or Chamllella at the moment. Both her role and her personal life shared self-defense as a necessity. Talitha ran her fingers over a gorgeous plant of purple hue, its leaves were fuzzy to the touch and generated a tingly sensation.

Tag: Austin

"One cannot defeat a heat storm. One must ride it."

9. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Earwen smiled as Skye promised to make an effort to be more understanding of the rest of the team. Her eyes brightened further when Skye asked her to help with his project.

"You want to make a lightsabre? I'd be glad to help!"

Earwen gave Skye a hug and then started to set up a workplace at the table for the project.

Tag: Skye

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    "Well, if I was the kind of person to be intimidated, then yes, I could see how I might be afraid of someone as good looking as you."

Wow, thought Thorr, that came out of now where, he couldn't tell if she was being serrious or not. He sensed confusion in the force, but that was all he could get.
    "Well, your pretty good looking your self," Thorr couldn't see any harm in playing around, and it wasn't like he was lying...
    His hand brushed against his robe, and he realized that he was beggining to sweat. He usually was much much better at controlling his emotions and body. What was happening to him?
    "well thats good to know, about the deuling partner i mean..." Thorr hated himself right now. making a fool of himself. He didn't like this, not one bit. He couldn't remeber the last time he had been unable to control his emotions like this. What was is about this Twilek that made him just want to talk? it didn't matter to him what they talked about, he just wanted to talk with her...

TAG: Talitha.

11. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    In Here? I had a workspace in the Preventer's hangar... you know what, let's do it here. more personal.

I'll have Glitch send for the rest of the materials. [Skyte called the droid who soon appeared with a hoversled full of the stuff Skye was working on, the lightsaber and the armor guards. He of course was no stranger to grumbling the whole time]

[Skye sat with his wife near the table and pulled out the crude blueprint he had drawn] Okay this is what it's supposed to look like. Maybe. Hopefully. I dunno, I slipped with the acid edger.

Tag: Earwen.

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Earwen glanced over the plans. It had been a long time since she had last built her own sabre. She had never helped anyone build a lightsabre before. She wasn't sure how this would work exactly.

"I'm sure it will be fine love. Since it will be your sabre, you will need to do most of the construction. I'll be here to help if needed."

Earwen sat next to him at the table to watch and occassionally lend a hand.

13. Talitha

Talitha Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Talitha found herself blushing at his compliment. A true blush, not just the blush of a trained seductress. It felt strange to her and so she quickly brought the subject back to comfortable territory for her.

"My friend and 'brother', Kerr Uziel was a hangar tech. He instilled in me a love for flying."

Talitha instinctively ran her fingers over the necklace she was wearing. It wasn't elegant by most standards. Those looking closely at it would realize that it was made of little spare odd and ends that one could find in a hangar. It had been a gift from Kerr when they had parted.

"He risked his life to teach me to fly. I owe him so much that I can never repay..."

Talitha let it trail, remembering the day she had learned the knews about Kerr. She missed him dearly.

Tag: Prenn

"One cannot defeat a heat storm. One must ride it."

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Laine woke up from where she'd fallen asleep--curled up on her bed, still holding the pad of flimsy and stylus. She shivered a little, remembering brief snatches of the dreams she'd been having--Someone killing Jim--forcing him to use the Force--Dinn paralysed, unable to do anything--where was she? Why wasn't she there? Why wasn't she there to protect them? To protect him?--She shivered again, then stood and stretched. Just a bad dream. Dreams always passed in time; though, nightmares did not.

She glanced at the chrono. Early. Well, there was always one way to drive bad dreams away. Practice. She grabbed her saber and went to a practice salle. There she turned on a remote and began to practice....

TAG: No one, unless they want to join me
    OOC: There are plenty of training salles, correct?

15. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    OOC: Because lightsaber building supposedly takes a long time, This is a temporal post, that advances the clock a few hours.

IC:

[Skye settled down with all the parts and began work on the thing he knew best, the design of the hilt. Both his father and grandfather were weapon experts in their time, and had taught Skye how to craft blades. It wasn't a physical blade this time, but the hilt had the same principle of balancing form and functionality. The man started with the grip. With both the Energon Sword and his katana blades, he had the traditional criscrossed corded bands to make the grip. Skye decided that cloth bands for a grip of a lightsaber would look unprofessional and would degrade making the weapon harder to use, so he chose something more utilitarian. Two of the pieces that were pre-made were coilded springshaped bands of black metal, about an inch wide. Skye took these two bands and slowly wrapped them around the hilt, criscrossing them as he went along. In a sense, he had made metal versions of the corded grips from traditional swords. After he took the bands and fixed them to the empty hilt, Skye took the acid edger again, used origianlly to provide rough banded texture on the hilt, but this time he used it to etch in symbols on the black bands. He did this at each point the bands crossed down one side of the hilt, four symbols in total. Each symbol was intricate, yet showed a sense of power and urgency.

The names of those this lightsaber is for. [Skye said to his wife at the probable unspoken question regarding the symbols] Yours is here, closest to the blade emitter end. Ellerina next, with Menelluin right after. The last one... well the last one is me, right under my lower hand. I guess it's like a tower... if the base is destroyed, the entire tower will fall.

[Skye flipped the hilt over to the other side with the other half of the criscrossing of the bands. He cut a rectangular hole in the lower half of the hilt, close to the bottom end and through the crossed bands, reconnecting the bands around the edge of the hole. That would be the location of the controls for activation and tuning of the blade. Finally, on the "sides" of the hilt (with the hole for the activation controls as the "front" and the names of the Lightriders as the "back") closer to the blade emitter end Skye cut two elongated oval holes. He didn't explain the purpose of those ovoid holes in the hilt, but instead just handed his hilt to his apparently sleepy wife and wiped his now-sweaty hair out of his face. He checked the chrono, it had been 5 hours since they had started! No wonder his wife had been tired, she had diligently sat there in silence while Skye had lost total track of time, just focusing on the manufacturing of the blade.]

Sorry for how long it took... What do you think?

16. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    *Lank watched her, go, then changed into his own light workout gear and headed for the practice area. He found Lissa stretching, and began to do the same, feeling a bit of strain performing the deepest bends and stretches*

I'm falling out of practice. Have to devote more time to this...

"Have you made any decisions are what Form you wished to lear more of?" he asked.

17. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa hoped that her answer wouldn't disappoint Lank - she wanted to work from the beginning. She straightened up from touching her palms to the floor and turned toward him.*

I think I need to learn Form I first - basic skills. But I think I'd like to work on Form 4, too - the acrobatics. What do you suggest?

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Thorr thought he saw a blush, but he couldn't tell because of her pink skin...
    "i don't even remeber the time i learned to fly, it was so long ago. I'm pretty sure i just tried once and got the hang of it. people tell me that i'm pretty good, i guess it's true since i havn't died yet, and ive been in countless space fights. i never really had anybody who was close enough to me to be called a brother. i've always had alot of aquaintinces but never really any "real friends", i guess the closest i could come was my jedi master, but he died in battle, and then i killed his killers and i went to the dark side for a bit. I came back to the light, but i was never quite the same. and we weren't even that close, i can't imagine what would have happened if he had been like my brother. i dare say i would be terrorizing the universe. and from what other people say of my skills, i tend to think that would be bad for the universe." Thorr said this last line reluctinitly, he didn't want to sound arrogant, that was the last thing he was, he was just saying the truth.

TAG: TALITHA

19. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "The basics are usually the best place to start, Lis. And you already have a good backgorund to draw on with unarmed combat training. Now we work in the added element of the sabre itself."

*Lank unhooked his sabre and ignited it*

"Okay, let's see your holographic memory at work. Show me the Shii-Cho posture I showed you before."

20. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa moved out toward the center of the floor, her mind bent to the task. I had been a while. She unhooked her lightsaber from her belt, took a stance with her feet spread about shoulder width, knees bent, and ignited her blade, holding it vertically in front of her, hands just below waist level.*

This is it.

21. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    *Lank walked in a cirlce, with Lissa as its center, studying her posture. Stepping behind her, her graspeed her wrists and angled the blade slightly*

"Very good, but remember, angle the blade slightly or move it slightly to one side of dead ahead. The blade restricts you line of sight, and you don't want to give your opponent that advantage."

*He stepped back and stood before her*

"This posture gives you the best balance between attack and defense of an opponent directly in front of you. You may find a variation that youre more comfortable with as you train, but most Jedi will fall back to this a default."

Tag: Lissa.

22. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    *Lissa grimmaced.*

Of course, that makes perfect sense. You can't look through a lightsaber blade even if it is light...and to swing or parry, you'd have to move from center, first. Slower response time.

*She moved the blade slightly, finding an angle that felt right.*

Weight should be centered, right? From the head to the floor directly equidistant from your feet which are ready to move in any direction...

*She gave a short chuckle.*

Like classical dance...

23. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Earwen focused intently but soon found sleep trying to claim her. It was easier to focus when she did her own sabre. To watch someone else make their own just did not feel the same. She looked over the hilt intently when Skye handed it to her. Running her fingers over the curious markings Skye had made.

"It looks wonderful love!"

24. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    "A warrior's sword is an extension of their soul." That's what my grandfather told me once. I assume it's the same with the Jedi, considering how personalized each lightsaber I've seen is. Outer casings seem to never follow a standard design.

[Skye looked at his wife slowly drooping, tired. He took the hilt back and laid it on the table.] I need a break. Looks like you need to as well. Probably could have slept for this, the help was really needed for the innards that we'll do tomorrow. [Skye stood and sat on the sofa, his legs on either side of his wife still on the floor] Still, what's the point of making a lightsaber to protect someone if they aren't feeling well. [Skye laid his hands on his wife's shoulders, rubbing them firmly. He always started with the shoulders when massaging his wife]

Tag: Earwen. [face_love]

25. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    "You just learned a lesso that cost me a few days worth of stings from stun staves," said Lank with a chuckle.

"Yes, in this pose, weight is centered and you balance on the balls of your feet, ready to move in any direction. The dance analogy fits well, and even moreso in Form IV, where the acrobatics and contortions are quite demanding."

"Much of Shii-Cho is based upon horizontal attacks and parries. You're trying to take the opponent's weapon out of line. Vertical attacks and parries are used as well. Shii-Cho rarely used the thrust as an attack, because it's rarely necessary. Your entire blade cuts equaly, ad a thrust can put you dangerously out of balance."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.