main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC New leadership required time for Nominations

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The London chapter has gone 2 years without a CR and Toronto went almost 3.

2. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    If we are still going to decide on a new chapter rep. I nominate Haruwindsong and/or Randy, it might not be a bad idea to have 2 chapter reps.

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey Victoria!
    I'm bouncing in from London ON :)
    Relax and take a deep breath! It's not big deal if you don't have a CR, a chapter can easily function without one, as I can tell you from personal experience. A CR's job is not to suggest gatherings and try to get everyone together, because any member can do that and it is unfair to place that burden on one person. When I was a CR for London (also doubling as a ghost CR for Toronto because I'm involved in both cities and no one from Toronto had access to the CR forum), all I really did was liase between other Chapters to coordinate joint events, and pass on anything important from the CR forum that could be of interest on our boards. In a well functioning chapter, that's all a CR would essentially have to do.

So don't worry about it or stress now, because there is little point in coordinating between Chapters if your chapter isn't very active. It's probably more important to become active first, as Randy and Mike have said; then the best people for the job will emerge naturally.

Best of luck!
    Debs

4. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks for the information. I did rather wonder what the job was all about. I'd like to say thank you for the nomination, but I'm really REALLY snowed under with several projects right now, not the least of which are:

1. taking my daughter overseas at the end of March 06
    2. planning for her wedding three weeks after we return from the holiday
    3. L.A. WorldCon in August 06
    4. RimCon Victoria 22-24 Sep 06
    5. my latest novel
    6. my sewing projects, including a commissioned piece
    7. my writing course

5. SabotJune

SabotJune Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2000
    Any brotha or sista who has the time, intent and interest in doing the gig's got my vote, y'all. Woot!

6. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I hope you guys can settle on a satisfactory solution. In the interim, for those of you in the Victoria area, my kid brother and I are having our annual "Open House" over the Christmas holidays, 30 Dec (that's a Fri). Drop by anytime between 1:30pm and 10:00 pm, stay for a little while or longer. See you then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.