main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Lightsabers!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by lightsaberfreak, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaberfreak

lightsaberfreak Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2003
    Last I heard, Hasbro is releasing not only the Electronic Yoda lightsaber, but also reissuing the Electronic Luke (fron ROTJ) and Darth Vader! Anyone else as excited as me about this? Right now, I have all the ones released from Episode I and II and have the old Luke one (from 1995), but the sound sucks. I would love to get the Darth Vader without having to spend $40 on Ebay!!

2. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    That would be totally cool, i want I want!

3. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    that would be awesome! when i was little i used to have the darth vader lightsaber, but on halloween i left the light on all night and it melted the plastic :( it was a sad day for me... and i would love to fill the empty void in my heart :p... are they really rereleasing them??

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I eagerly look forward to these new Hasbro lightsabers. I went to the Toys R Us in Times Square last week and I found they had the new green and orange generic electronic lightsabers released. My friend also told me that she picked up the Mace Windu electronic one at KB over the weekend. So there's more than just those three you mentioned that are coming out. ;)

5. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Much you have left to learn, my young padawan! ;)
    The "generic" Jedi Lightsabers (just repaints of the Qui-Gon Jinn saber from TPM) and the Mace Windu saber have been out for months, since before Christmas. They were the final lightsaber wave for 2002, released shortly after the Anakin Skywalker Jedi Training Lightsaber. :)
    You also forgot to mention that there was supposed to be a Build Your Own Lightsaber Kit coming out later this year :D....
    but rumor has it that's been cancelled now. :(

6. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    the romour has actualy been "re-issued" now

7. lightsaberfreak

Jan 30, 2003
    Where did you hear of the build your own lightsaber? I see the carrot and I am biting!!!!! For a lightsaber freak like myself, I would be all over that? Do you have any details? Where can I read something about it?

8. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I read about the build your own lighsaber once as well. As for the Darth and Luke re-issues, they're probably not gonna be exactly the same. The lightsabers that Hasbro is producing now have a tougher plastic that is shorter by about two inches. They are also more pointy. I prefer the older ones altogether.

9. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I liked the old lightsabers better, although I did break one of the old Darth Vader lightsabers really easy. Oh well, as long as they are still detailed and fun to play with.

10. lightsaberfreak

Jan 30, 2003
    There are things I like about each of them. The old ones were not as realistic sounding and I do not find them as solid altogether (mainly the hilt) as the newer ones. Although, for those who own the Mace Windu one, the blade does not light up well and is not realistic looking due to this (as is the green one, marketed as Kit Fisto's).
    I would really like to read up on the make your own, and I sure would like more details and release dates on the reissues of DV and LS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.