main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New London CR

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jairen, Jun 10, 2005.

?

New London CR

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Raj_Vader

26.7%
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

43.3%
  3. TheDarthVader

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    SO, THIS CLEARLY ISN'T WORKING. PLEASE SEE THE NEW THREAD FOR VOTING DETAILS.

So, these are the three names that I've been able to glean from the discussion thread that I setup last week. Please vote for who you would like to be the new CR of the London forum.

For those up for the vote, would you please post in this topic with your sutiability for the role and what you would like to do as CR of the forum. :D

You need to put a post in this thread to confirm that you have voted, and who you have voted for. This is so that we don't get results skewed by socks etc. Any vote without a corresponding reply will not count.

Any questions before you vote, please feel free to PM me :D

edit1: This vote is open to those that are a part of the London group, i.e. those that will attend London meets etc. Whilst I think that opinions from outside the area are valid, the vote should be by those that will be immediately effected. Feel free to post within the thread, but I would ask that only those that will be members of the FF-UK London group vote.

edit2: The vote will be active for a minimum of 1 week. I will look at the level of participation at that point and set a closing date. Those of you nominated, I recommend you start canvassing :D

edit3: Fixed a fault in my original text. You have to state who you voted for in the thread, to ensure fairness. Also, to clarify the eligible voters, it is those that intend the London chapter to be their chapter of membership, i.e. the group that they will be mainly affiliated to. So if the London chapter is your home away from home and you intend to spend the majority of your time here, then you can vote. I'm not being too strict on this :D

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Can I vote for myself?

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yes :p I think it's fine if the nominee wants to vote for themselves. If it's good enough for the American president, I'm sure it's good enough for you guys :D

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Will a similar topic be posted on the main board?
    Although many there are not from London they may want to post their opinions

5. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    How long will the poll be open for?

6. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    State your cases then! I suggested Richie, but who knows, maybe someone can sway me.................

(yes, that's an incentive to bribery)

7. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    I joined this forum in March to gather information about my impending trip to CIII (my greatest SW experience ever along with Celebration Day), I have to it has been great and addictive ever since.
    I went to CIII a mere boy but returned a fully fledged Jedi Master, totally dedicated to SW gatherings and the FFUK.
    I know I have only been here a short while, but I hope I have shown my enthusiasm and proficiency for organising SW meets.
    I have already sought to organise an Alton Towers meet (i hope turns out great, and thank everyone for all their help), and am currently organising a meet at the Signatopia, I hope this further proves my enthusiasm for the boards.
    My main point, whether elected CR or not, I will continue to organise events for the good of the FFUK and for my own enjoyment as well as others.
    I will continue to work with all the posters to make sure I arrange the events that are wanted and enjoyable.
    Even though I only been here a short while, I hope I have show my dedication to Star Wars and FFUK meets. If elected as CR this will further aid me in organising meet ups and I promise I will do my utmost to attend and arrange all manners of meet ups. Hopefully together we can create something great :).
    Thanks to all those who voted.

8. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Raj_Vader ? Keeping the spirit alive after the films....

A vote for Raj is a vote for a brighter future. It was prophesised that dark times were ahead for the future of the Fan Force after Episode III, but it has only opened the door to more fans and we are still left with more Star Wars to come with the prospect of a TV series. The FFUK fan base has grown so rapidly that there are chapters forming in the regions. At this critical time there needs to be One chapter to rule them all, One chapter to find them, One chapter to bring them all and in the darkness bind them, In the City of London, where Raj_Vader lies. [face_whistling]

The London Chapter needs to be a shining beacon in FFUK-space, a chapter that can serve the British Star Wars community well and I believe I am the man to do this ? to forge a London Star Wars community, deep in the fiery inferno that is the Jubilee line in Summer.

As CR I would encourage and organise regular monthly Chapter meetings, to give fans the opportunity to meet with and enjoy the company of other like-minded enthusiasts, without fear of looks of disgust and disdain from the non-believers :p

I would like to have it so that the members of London would be able to get to know each other better, have a few more smaller meets like occasionally going for dinner, or catching a movie together.

Already I?m trying to arrange a Batman Begins meet at the bfi IMAX. A few themed events also spring to mind, like Jedi ice-skating at Somerset House in the Winter months, when they convert the courtyard into an ice-rink, Go-Pod racing, Laser-quest Star Wars style. There's the annual 'Night at the Movies' concert at the Royal Albert Hall, where a Star Wars piece always gets an obligatory airing. It'd be great to see a balcony full of lightsabers torch up when they start playing... :p

Of course it goes without saying that any major Star Wars events that crop up would be something I would bring up for members, and also that I would help any members who wanted to try and set up smaller meets. I?m aware that people (OK, some people..!) have lives outside of the FFUK, and I would be conscious of keeping a balance between meets and other boring non-Star War stuff people might like to do ;)

I've held many positions of responsibility, not dissimilar to the role of Chapter Rep - I've organised several events on both a regional and a national level, with great success. I've successfully obtained sponsorship for events and projects, and would like to try for the same here. If voted CR I would bring this level of organisation to the meets. The recent marathon showed this, managing to meet many different people and make sure everyone knew exactly what was going on.

As CR I would make it a priority to efficiently organise events and meets, and make certain that the best possible arrangements are made, as befitting a fine group of people such as your good selves.

I am of course a newer poster, but since my arrival I?ve become addicted to these forums. I have loved Star Wars since I saw Empire Strikes Back on Boxing day during the 80?s, the only thing I can remember of watching it however is Vader?s big shiny helmet :D At secondary school I discovered the delights of the EU hidden away in the school library, and since that fateful day I have been sucked gladly into another universe which I quite simply adore. I was introduced to TFN at university by a massive New Jedi Order fan, and the place gained a bookmark ever since. I lurked for a long while, never taking the plunge in to the dark, murky waters of Star Wars fandom, but in March I did, and I have been kicking myself ever since?. for not doing it sooner! I have made great friends here; I have met great people, all of whom are brought together by one common interest, the love of one great Saga. I have experienced one of the greatest days of my life thanks to the great community already in place offering Marathon tickets to me, an act which I reciprocated when I got more tickets. I want to carry on meeting great

9. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    a truly moving spiel Raj_Vader

Edit: My vote goes to Raj_Vader, TheDarthVader and Raj_Vader competing to make the galaxy a better place.

10. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Why thank you, I had my 'Raj 4 CR' team draft it for me - working around the clock :p

EDIT: As promised, my vote goes to TheDarthVader, as a symbol of cross-Vader unity :D

11. Number11MosEisley

Number11MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    So many sith's to choose from.....................
    I voted for Raj.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    As London CR I would see to it that meets are set up as often as possible.
    Even if I cannot attend specific meets, I will do my upmost to make sure they are organised smoothly and everyone is kept properly informed.

I will encourage meet-ups of any kind, even non-Sw related ones like Alton Towers or seeing Batman at the London IMAX. And attending non-SW specific conventions such as the London Film & Comic Con I attended last year will still be of great importance.

Since I am a frequent poster I feel I will be able to fulfill the CR role effectively. If I am needed then generally I will be here (unless you're some crazy person who posts at 4am :p )

I believe that this chapter can gain a new life and become one of TFN's most active & productive places. We are the biggest chapter here besides the main board. And if other chapters such as FFMidlands or SothWest do arise, I will strive to make sure we better them in every possible way :D
    Encouraging new users is never easy. And coming to a place like this can be daunting, but FFLondon is a great place & all new users who turn up over the next few months or years may find it overwhelming. But I'm generally a friendly chap and I will ensure that all new users are treated with respect & included in all plans for the future.

Thats my part

So vote for me, you know it makes sense :cool:

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And by the way, I voted for me, incase you were wondering :p

14. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    "edit3: Fixed a fault in my original text. You have to state who you voted for in the thread, to ensure fairness. Also, to clarify the eligible voters, it is those that intend the London chapter to be their chapter of membership, i.e. the group that they will be mainly affiliated to. So if the London chapter is your home away from home and you intend to spend the majority of your time here, then you can vote. I'm not being too strict on this"

by home away from home, do you mean meets of just posts?

15. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    I believe meets Vader :p I had my Texas contingent all ready to invade, but alas! [face_devil]

16. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Same, I had my fellow C3ers, Fellow Anakin Costumers and I was also going to get the Aussies to vote for me.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think non-Londoners should vote
    After all, we have people listed as members of FFLUK on the site that don't actually live here, so why can't they vote?

18. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    true, but the adoptees are all (I think!) UK guys right?

19. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    I think it is sensible that only Londoners can vote. Things would get out of control, if we started having Texans, Anakin Costumers and C3ers voting here.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not all the adoptees are British
    Enji & Messicat Kenobi & Obi-Anne are all adoptees as far as I know, and they're all foreigners

21. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    News, TheDarthVader's campaign has been endorsed by the most senior FFUK politicians :p.

"If I could vote, I would vote of TheDarthVader. A committed Star Wars fan with fresh ideas and plenty of energy. Plus he's also a jolly good bloke." - Welshguy Title: Chapter Rep FanForce Wales

"Well, before I stepped down as CR for London, I had my eye on one person to replace me, and that was TheDarthVader.
    No disrespect meant to anyone else, but he has impressed me with some amazing enthusiasm and ideas for this chapter since he turned up on the boards." - Yoshee Title: RSA Emeritus: FFUK CR Emeritus: FFLUK

22. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    TheDarthVader - a vote for him is a vote against Internationalism...... :p

23. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    are you trying to say TheDarthVader FFUKIP? That is just not true.

24. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    lol - FFUKIP - brilliant! Well you said it.... [face_whistling] :D

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.