main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New London CR

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jairen, Jun 10, 2005.

?

New London CR

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Raj_Vader

26.7%
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

43.3%
  3. TheDarthVader

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Raj - your support varies a lot, what scheme are you playing now [face_thinking]

:p

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    lol - well I've just discovered the 8-} face - so any excuse to use it :D .... 8-}

3. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Riiiiight
    I'll just stick with more traditional faces

o_O

4. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Voted :)

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yes, but for who? :p

Damn polls, there is just no way to tell who has voted on the thing, so no way to tell if socks have voted!!

I mean, if we go by the poll (with the correction for the incorrect vote), then Richie and TDV are both on 8, and Raj is on 7. However, that can't be right according to those that have actually entered their vote in the thread!

6. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    This might be a stupid question, what is a sock? before anyone make a witty comment, I am not asking about the type that goes on the foot.

7. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    A sock is basically every other account that a person uses to login to the boards that is not their main posting account. e.g. you may post as TDV, but you might have a halloween only account, or a stupid account for posting dumb stuff, or another account for posting on a different board as a different persona. Lots of people have socks, and they would be able to vote with each one on this poll, in effect giving them multiple votes instead of just one.

One word of warning regarding socks, if you get banned and then post with a sock, then you get a longer banning.

8. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    "One word of warning regarding socks, if you get banned and then post with a sock, then you get a longer banning."

Is that just a general warning, or was it directed at me [face_worried].

9. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Sorry, my vote went to TheDarthVader. :p

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I PM'd Livi-Wan & she told me she had voted for me
    I've told her to post and confirm it so she should be around sometime to do that

11. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    LOL! It was just a general statement TDV. As you didn't know what socks were, I thought it prudent to also mention that. Don't worry, you're not on my list. At least, not yet :p

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    How do you know if someone posts with a sock?

13. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    The IP address would be the only way of telling, i think. We just have to hope, that none of us are sad enough to set up multiple accounts from different computers to vote for ourselves.

I trust neither of you would do that.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, I have a sock, but it would never vote for me
    It doesn't like me much anyway :p

15. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    lol - people! Lets leave the socks out of this - paranoia's gonna kick in....!

At the end of the day, whoever wins will be good for the London chapter - healthy competition is good for democracy. Note healthy - sock are anything but. Just think how sweaty your feet get......... :p

16. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Ohhh yeah SockMan. Don't worry there is no paranoia, I just wanted to know what a sock was.

17. Ashen31

Ashen31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Has to BE TheDarthVader ;)

Super guy with a passion beyond belief for Star Wars. Dedicated to helping others and bringing the Star Wars world to life. Has ALWAYS helped in any Star Wars way possible and never lets me down.

Thumbs up for TDV !!

'I'd buy that for a dollar'

18. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Thank you my friend.

19. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I voted for the TheDarthVader! :)

20. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Well, I'm voting, or shall be in the next two or three minutes.

I've decided I shall vote for Richie. This is by no means because I have any misgivings about the other candidates, but I do know that Richie has been here a while, and around the block so to speak, he knows a lot of the members and what makes 'em tick, and he is always involved here on the boards and takes an interest in the other members.

I think that makes him quite a good choice.

As I say, nothing about the other candidates that I find lacking in any way shape or form, but I think I know a little about what kind of guy Richie is, and I have a good feeling(most UN-Star Wars, that) about this.

:)

*Thrax has spoken, and that doesn't happen often these days, does it, boys and girls?* :p

21. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Total Update:

Raj_Vader: 7
    TheDarthVader: 6
    SithLordDarthRichie: 4

These are made up in the following way:

Raj_Vader - Darth_Imran, Scabby, QuiGonn23, choccy31, Chrislynne, Number11MosEisley, TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader - fizzbin, BeepingBin, Raj_Vader, Welshguy, Yoshee, DarthHomer

SithLordDarthRichie - Himself, Orn-free-tada, Thraxwhirl, Livi-Wan(TBC)

Note, Welshguy is able to vote, because part of the direction the FF-UK is moving in will see the CR's working closer together for national/cross-chapter meets etc, so he should have some say on who he's going to work with :p

Note2, I have disallowed Ashen31's vote, because he is not based in the London group. If all 3 contestants disagree with this, I will re-instate the vote, however, he is in Rotherham I believe.

22. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    A vote for Raj_Vader

Reason: He is about the only person I can annoy on MSN at 3am. Also as self appointed campaign manager it would look bad if I voted for someone else*

*Translates to: 'Help, he has a gun to my head'

23. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    "Note2, I have disallowed Ashen31's vote, because he is not based in the London group. If all 3 contestants disagree with this, I will re-instate the vote, however, he is in Rotherham I believe. "

I will not contest this. Just to clarify, I believe he lives north somewhere but is always around London apparently, working on Signatopia and hopefully future conventions would give him a good reason for attending or requesting certain meets.

24. Parm

Parm Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2005
    Firstly, all 3 nominees are great guys! Good luck to you all :)

However, my vote must go to Raj Vader. He who stuck to the task of finding marathon tickets for my girlfriend and I from the moment he knew we needed them :)
    Not to mention that he used the force to guide us to the Charity Screening at the Odeon when we managed to get ourselves lost somewhere around Trafalgar Square, or wait, was that Covent Garden? hehehe.
    He came all the way to find us, and then took us all the way to the cinema, what a star!

Lovely bloke, true Star Wars fan, has mine and Amie's votes!

25. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Raj_Vader hold of quite a few marathon tickets and sold them at cost price to users here , if he did not. he could have made in the region of £900, a truly selfless act.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.