main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Trenchcoats Are Back, Baby: The Matrix Resurrections

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    the matrix: neo blood
    the matrix: matrices
    the matrix: googolplex

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I would in agree in part that The Matrix is a one-film idea; especially the way the film ended with Neo during his Superman thing and supposedly had the power to change the Matrix as he saw fit. The Matrix ended with Neo being a God like entity that would open the eyes of everyone trapped in the Matrix to the truth. However, the sequels abandoned this train of thought and retconned Neo's abilities to manipulate the Matrix as he saw fit and plans to reveal the truth about those trapped within the Matrix.

The sequels were cash grabs and a new Matrix trilogy certainly smells of the same spirit. However, I would be open minded to a new Matrix trilogy; especially if it's not a new paint job. I'd also be open to a prequel/live action adaptation of the AniMatrix's "The Second Renaissance," as it would be entwined with the idea of "do androids dream of electric sheep?" and have shades of Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner.

Anyway, there always could be a glitch in the Matrix.

[​IMG]

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Did you ever see The Animatrix? They basically did.

Anyway the best approach for a new trilogy is to just steal from a different comic book. I'm thinking A Contract with God. Three movies of a bitter old Rabbi going through a crisis of faith after the death of his daughter. Keanu Reeves cameos as a grief counselor.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I assumed in my head that keeping the humans had a double purpose , not just as batteries but also to use their minds as essentially computer memory power to operate the matrix which the machine programs also liked to live in, as the real world was a **** hole now.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, yes and no. The problems with humans is their minds. "The machines" created a utopia that the human mind couldn't accept and an enormous amount of human crops were lost. Thus, the Matrix was reprogrammed and the human mind as given "choice." And then the problem was choice, and so the machines created "the one."

The machines needed the human minds to function to continue to being batteries. They created the Matrix to allow the human mind to function properly.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The original idea was the extra memory but execs thought people would not get it and so they went with batteries instead.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As dopey as the notion as humans as batteries is, I can give it all a pass for basically Morpheus saying "Turn humanity into this" (even the twist he does with his hand is cool)

[​IMG]

Replace that with a bulky PC late 90s hard drive doesn't have the same impact.

So yah I'm cool with batteries just for that shot and makes the machines totes eviler.

Count Yubnub and Juliet316 like this.
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah , I know all that , but my thinking is that they also get all that 'computer' power or memory with human brains .

Also - one of the things I like about Reloaded is that we learn that machine programs have chosen to live in the matrix and are obviously fans of human myths and culture.
    I'd have liked to have known more about the machines , we get the sense that some are just physical machines in RL and some are just programs , but what was the hierarchy etc.?

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    The Matrix: The Matrix Awakens
    The Matrix: The Last Matrix
    The Matrix: Rise of the Matrix

darthcaedus1138 and SuperWatto like this.
  10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Neo as a cantankerous old bastard with a beard who lives on an island and drinks the milk direct from a cow's breast?

TAKE. MY. MONEY.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    To answer your questions, I highly recommend watching the AniMatrix's "The Second Renaissance: Part 1 and 2" that I've posted below. However, these videos are NSFW because of the graphic and violent images and content.

When you watch these videos, you'll discover that the machines/A.I. worked and live among humans, until the trial of B 166 er, which was a trial of A.I. civil rights and the subsequent riots and revolution between the cohabitation of A.I. and humanity. Humanity rejected the idea that machines had any rights and therefore became architects of their own destruction.

In The Second Renaissance, the hierarchy of the machines is that of a central intelligence (as shown in The Matrix: Revolutions, when Neo meets with the Hive Mind in Machine City) of software/programs (i.e. the Architect, the Oracle, etc.). The physical machines are the blue collar workers.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Here I thought the John Wick series was the new Matrix trilogy. I mean, all we need is for Carrie Ann to pop up in Chapter 4 to complete the family reunion.

Master_Lok, Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, when I was watching Parabellum, I thought Carrie Ann Moss could have totally played the part of Halle Berry and it would have a Matrix trinity reunion of sorts. I believe Keanu's stuntman in The Matrix is one the directors of the John Wick films and both franchise certainly pay homage to the kungfu and gunfu Hong Kong cinema.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah they should totally cheat in the next John Wick movie and put Fishburne, Reeves and Moss in an action scene cuz ^$%$@ it

Master_Lok and Darth_Invidious like this.
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    OR, The Table will need killers of their own. Make Moss one of the bad guys that John has to fight in a badass finale.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    As we have seen, the High Table has been doing nothing but sending cannon fodder against The One. At this point they might as well start coding in Agents to see if that'll stop him.

Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    "I know water aerobics."

Get it cause he's old now.

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I wasn't surprised by reading Sony and Disney were struggling with their Spidey Deal. I was floored by this though. How is going to work?

But it is Keanu's World and we are all just living in it so he can do what he wants. :)

21. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Turning humans back into batteries. Adam Sandler is a AAA. Chuck Norris is a lithium-ion.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well it's easy to see how Keanu as Neo gets resurrected, by Trinity? I mean I guess she was laying there in robot city so maybe they picked her up and uploaded her? Or maybe they backed up her mind and she will not be the original but a copy?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Trinity could be in a flashback, I suppose, with Moss digitally de-aged. I guess.

By the way, why just Lana? Why isn't Lilly co-directing?

Anyway, count me in.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    On a scale of one to terrible, where will this land?