main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Trenchcoats Are Back, Baby: The Matrix Resurrections

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The thing I liked about ETM the most, in terms of the cut scenes, was that the Zion characters I didn't really care for in Reloaded were actually more appealing and gave better performances than they did in Reloaded. The ones in question felt like they improved in Revolutions a little (except the Kid).

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I never played ETM, but I did play Path of Neo which was....ambitious to say the least.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Matrix was on last night, Reloaded tonight (probably skip Revolutions tomorrow for Thor 2 & Agents of Shield). Anyway got me thinking about Neo's decision at the end with the Architect, and if none of the other One's ever did, it's definitely Trinity. But not just love, like Trinity says that the Oracle told her she'd fall in love with the One, and when she literally Resurrection kisses Neo freaking sparks are literally flying. So it's not that other One's didn't know love, it's that Neo and Trinity's love is big Prophecy stuff.

Which makes what happens to her in Revolutions even more infuriating.

Luke02 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Interesting theory that the reason Morpheus is not in the movie would be Matrix EU canon specifically the Matrix Online MMPORG! Cuz he dead! (this would be like Chewie being dead by a moon in TFA because of Vector Prime novel)

https://kotaku.com/i-m-sorry-to-say-laurence-fishburne-died-in-the-2005-ma-1844803953

Fast forward to 2020, with the news that Laurence Fishburne won’t be back as Morpheus and rumors of the film including a younger Morpheus, and I can’t help but think director Lana Wachowski has decided to honor the events of The Matrix Online. While this is probably not the case, I love the idea of millions of people going to watch the new Matrix film and hearing a character say something like, “Years ago, after Morpheus’s death at the hands of The Assassin…” and then the 99 percent of viewers who never even heard of The Matrix Online look around going “What?!”

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    3: 26 to 4:36, not only a bit of the Merovingian, but a timeline.

Sinrebirth and Darth Punk like this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    So the snooty Frenchman is coming back with extra snooty

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hell, I could watch a 2 hour Merovingian movie.

8. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    To be fair, I’d be up for that too

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The entire Matrix could straight up collapse and reboot (which it has!) and Merovingian is still going to be holding dope debauchery parties.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Test screening Matrix Resurrections

He called the film “meta, engrossing, surprisingly funny, and ambitious to a fault”, and predicted that general reactions will be “wildly mixed”.

“The people who love it will *love* it. This is definitely the work of CLOUD ATLAS Lana Wachowski, not JUPITER ASCENDING Lana Wachowski.”

11. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Wait...WHAT?!

It's finished?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It was originally planned to come out a month ago, but was delayed to later this year due to Covid.

13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Ok...here's my thinking the project had just exited pre-production with filming only having just started.

14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It was originally meant to come out right around the same time as the new Bill and Ted movie, so we could get double the dose of Keanu in the same month. But then Covid messed everything up.

15. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    This film sounds promising. I am one of people who actually love the Matrix Reloaded and Revolution sequels as much as the Matrix. I also love Merovingian, naturally. :D The fight that Neo has in the Matrix Reloaded is my favourite scene, the one on the double steps with all the weapons, when he first stops the bullets.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    The Keanu rollout has been disastrous.

I'm still waiting for my second jab.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so where's the trailer ?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, it wasn't Bill & Ted- Bill & Ted 3 was going to come out last August even before the pandemic, and while it got shifted forward and back a week, it basically came out when it was supposed to.

Originally, Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 were scheduled to come out on the same day last month (week before Memorial Day)- and that was going to be the Keanu-off you are probably thinking of.

Keanu was already filming Matrix 4 when the pandemic hit (they got about a month's worth of filming in before shutting down for 6 months or so). They wrapped shooting in November. John Wick 4 was delayed due to both the pandemic and Keanu being busy filming Matrix 4. But they're supposed to start filming that this month.

The closest we've had was the title card reveal included in the HBO Max 2021 "day and date" trailer back in January:

But with how packed the theatrical release schedule is currently, studios aren't rushing out December film trailers yet. We only just got The Eternals teaser from Marvel the other week, and that's a Nov release, for instance. And no trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home yet, either, which is the other major December release. And I think Spielberg's West Side Story (also December) has only had an Oscars TV spot so far. Only reason we've gotten a trailer for King's Man already is because it's been delayed a couple years at this point.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  19. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    I’m a big fan of the first movie and am OK with the sequels. But, I dunno about this. Another reboot, redo or whatever for a classic older franchise? Really? Are they just gonna go "full lame" like TROS and bring dead characters back miraculously? Check a bunch of boxes? What’s the target audience for this? Us that are 45 years old and older? Not sure how into the Matrix the younger kids are. They’re more about Marvel and Horror. Guess we’ll see but the track record for trying to regurgitate 80s and 90s franchises is littered with huge fails. Look at the garbage they cranked out for the Alien franchise, Terminator, Predator, etc. Yuk.

But, I’ll at least examine the plot and if it isn’t stupid I’ll possibly give it a shot. Maybe. Or just go watch the perfectly fine original trilogy. It ends well enough even if the Architect does leave the door slightly open.

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Agreed. A big flaw of most “One vs. Many” fight choreography is that if you take your eyes off the central character, you’ll notice that most of the flunkies are actually not doing anything but patiently waiting their turn to get punched in the mouf. Whereas in “the Chateau Battle,” everyone is either going for weapons or angling to get in an attack, while Neo is working hard to avoid getting swarmed. The Chateau Battle is my favorite “One vs. Many” fight fir this very reason.

Jedi Ben, dp4m, timmoishere and 3 others like this.
  21. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    Yes, it is so well choreograph. I like the long car chase in Reloaded also. I think those two twins who can become ghosts are really cool, and when Morpheus is trying to fight one from the passenger seat when he is in the back.

22. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    The fact that there was a mention of humour in this film (HEAVEN FORBID! IN THE MATRIX?!) actually speaks to me as one of my gripes with the trilogy is that so much of the dialogue was written with a stuck up its anus.

As i've mentioned, the most important moment in the trilogy (meeting The Architect) was hampered by pompous double dutch that would have been more compelling if his speech was paired down by one or two thesaurus references.

I'm willing to go down the rabbit hole a fourth time if the rumour of some more levity is delivered.

FYI - i did enjoy Sense 8.

Jedi Ben and Luke02 like this.
  23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Just rewatched The Matrix yesterday. I've probably seen it half a dozen or so times, but it's probably been about five years or so since my last viewing. Loved it just as much now as I did the last time I watched.

I've only seen the sequels once each, probably about a decade ago. Going to rewatch them tonight/tomorrow, I think. I remember finding them to be incredibly messy/convoluted, but also pretty damn fascinating (not unlike Prometheus in that regard, I guess). I look forward to checking them out with my mind pretty open and fresh, since I am incredibly hazy on most of the specifics of each sequel.

I watched The Animatrix for the very first time early this year, and because it had been so long since I'd seen the film trilogy, I treated it essentially a standalone anthology, and I loved it. I look forward to checking it out again after finishing the trilogy, with any context that I likely would have missed during my viewing early this year.

I really can't wait for Resurrections. Even if things are messy (and I'm sure they will be), the Wachowskis (well, just Lana in this case) always take massive, interesting swings (I even have a bit of a soft spot for Jupiter Ascending, even if only for being so earnest about what it is and what it set out to be, as opposed to the usual demeaning snark we tend to see associated with similar wacky space opera concepts). This is probably creeping up as one of my most anticipated films for the remainder of the year, to be honest.

Juliet316 and gezvader28 like this.
  24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm looking forward to it as I always felt they had more to say about the world they'd created.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @bstnsx704 I watched the original Matrix so many times back in the day on DVD that I had to try and use toothpaste in order to get the scratches out. I never really warmed up to the sequels. Reloaded a bit but not like the first one. Exclusive trailer btw played at CinemaCon and here is the apparent synopsis of it:

https://gizmodo.com/the-matrix-4-has-its-official-title-and-first-footage-1847550925

Perhaps a different version of the Matrix or set into the future where the truce between the machines and humans has been broken again.