main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New member welcome thread?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by gregcarter, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm not into costuming myself, but maybe one of the more avid costumers can jump in and help you out.

As for getting together, a bunch of us will be bowling at Landmark Lanes tomorrow, beginning at 3pm (see two posts above for details). I'll be wearing a red/maroon CIII Vader shirt for recognition. There is talk of grabbing something to eat afterwords, and then maybe hitting a bar or two in the area. There's also talk of going to watch roller derby in the evening. It's all negotiable. If you need/want more information, feel free to PM me.

Catie

2. steelneena

steelneena Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2007
    Sorry but I won't be able to make thanks for the offer. There are several different costumers in the area that I can talk to. Lukily I know some of them personally.
    Thanks
    jenny

3. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Marcy and I will meet up with you all a bit later as I work until 3 and have to change clothes and stuff before picking her up. We should definitely be there in time for dinner. Maybe Ma Fisher's or that Mexican place with the milk stuf you like Catie? There's alot of places right around from the Landmark though that look good to try.

4. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    We can bump up the bowling time. How about we make it 4:30 or so instead?

5. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Okay.... change of plans. We're cancelling the bowling time, partially because of lack of interest, and partially because of most people can't make it until very late, which is not good for that side of town (unless you like hanging around lots of drunk college students, which I don't personally).

Hopefully we can reschedule something else in the near future.

Sorry everyone. Maybe we'll have better luck next time.

6. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I'm not really new, but I went away for a while so i thought I'd say hello... again. I live in Whitefish Bay these days, I prefer to work in theatre but it doesn't exactly pay the bills. Our last show just opened this last weekend, so I'm woefully looking for my next job. And by "looking for my next job," I mean eating cereal out of the box and cruising TFN.

7. Blackadder1

Blackadder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    Hi dparis. Welcome back.

8. gregcarter

gregcarter Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2006
    Here's an event for those of you who are also U2 fans and want to act insane in a different way: Vertigo-USA, a U2 tribute band, at County Clare Inn this FRI evening.* They're nationally known, and have supported the real U2 on tour. Add flowing Guinness and rampant U2 fan behavior, and it's bound to be a great time!

I'll be there, with a Star Wars shirt on. Come over and say hi, if you come.

http://www.countyclare-inn.com/pub.html

http://www.vertigou2band.com/flashsite/newindex.html

*As opposed to a cover band, which plays a variety of artists' songs in their own way, a tribute band performs one group's songs in the manner of the original. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribute_band.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.