main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive New Member

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Master_Bauer, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Bauer

Master_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2006
    I just joined the forums today and thought i would post some pictures i made on my computer.

[image=http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9803/dvd2jo.jpg]

[image=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5189/ryansposter6wi.png]

What do you think?

2. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Welcome, Master_Bauer. These are not a bad start. I'd suggest using a soft-edged eraser, perhaps with airbrush turned on and the opacity turned down low, to help get rid of the jaggedness along the edges of your cutouts. A light application of a blur tool might help with it was well. Keep practicing. :)

3. Master_Bauer

May 13, 2006
    Cool, thanks.

4. Master_Bauer

May 13, 2006
    Cool, thanks.

5. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    welcome Master Bauer, Your work is cool hope too see more,

Keep up the good work

Todan =D=

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Master_Bauer and welcome to Fan Art! These look very nice, but I think Giolon has some wonderful advice about softening and blurring the edges to the cutouts--it usually lends a better sense of "flow" to a piece like this, and makes the entire thing more cohesive. Your choice of images is wonderful, and I like the compositions as well--keep on working and posting, and once again, welcome!

FF

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome once again to Fan Art, Darth_Bauer!

I agree with the advice given about softening and bluring edges. The thing with Photoshop, like any other program, is that it takes time to learn. You have to sometime sit there for hours to get things looking right. But let me tell you what, the end result is really worth it. Also try using the same process with the eraser tool(but make the brush bigger - say 84 or something like that) and use the very edge of the brush to help the characters blend into the background. I think that would particularly help with the cutout heads in the second piece. If you need any help with that, let me know. I'll try to put a tutorial together for it. ;)

But please keep it up and continue to post more! :)

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Master_Bauer! [:D]
    Welcome to fanarts!

Nice start! Giolon has a point, but I still think your pics are already good. Like FalconFan said, very good composition and choice of images. :)
    What program do you use?

Would like to see more!

PS: Are you German? Just wondering because of your username.

9. Master_Bauer

May 13, 2006
    Hey thanks guys.

I'm just using 'Paint' - and no, I'm not German. Bauer is from the show 24, Jack Bauer.

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah! I know that show.
    Well, just wondered because the name is German. (or at least seems to be, but that is also true for Timothy Zahn's family name and he's NOT German)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.