main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Stachwalker, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Stachwalker

Stachwalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2017
    Good afternoon all! This past Dyngus day I ended up running into a Polish Mandalorian and got to talking with her about the North Ridge. I am intersted in joining and have signed up on the force.net forum (obviously), but I do not know the next step into becoming an active member. I would love to help out with the events and activities but do not have costume yet (willing to get one of course), expecially since you support such a worthy cause in the area. If someone can help give me guidance on what to do next, I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks again and happy to be a part of the community! May the force be with us!

2. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Well, this first part is done! Welcome aboard. My name is Dan and I portray Obiwan Kenobi from Revenge of the Sith. This is a great family organization, you don't need to have a costume to actively participate. Just follow the different posts and watch out for meeting dates and times. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TFS

TFS Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 5, 2015
    Welcome!

4. jwnikita

jwnikita Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 25, 2016
    Welcome! My name is Jill and I portray Mara Jade, Jyn Erso, an arctic Mandaloria and, oh yeah, I'm the Polish Mando. :)
    So glad that you joined such a wonderful group of volunteers and I'm looking forward to trooping with you. Check out all of the upcoming events, next one is actually tomorrow at Flying Bisons and then next weekend there are two events, one Saturday for the Summit Autism Center Walk and Sunday at Buffalo Comicon. If you can join us for one of those events, it would be a great opportunity to meet some of the members to get a feel for what we do and how we do it. That's what I did when I joined.

5. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Welcome to our group!

6. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    Welcome!

As your hear in The Force Awakens (during Rey's vision)... "These are the first steps."

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

7. Mordenkainen44

Mordenkainen44 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome aboard!

9. Kate Knadle

Kate Knadle Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2016
    Hello and welcome to the North Ridge!

10. Grog Zombie

Grog Zombie North Ridge Diplomat star 1

Apr 2, 2016
    Welcome!!! One thing we are looking for volunteers for is working the Star Wars Night Table: here is the thread for info: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/swn-volunteers-needed.50044849/. Check out all the other events that we will be at on the boards as well.

I have a Jedi costume and am working on getting rebel pilot together. What costume(s) are you interested in?

Stachwalker likes this.
  11. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Hello and welcome!

12. Stachwalker

Stachwalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2017
    Normally i would jump at the idea to volunteer for this since its one of my favorite summertime activities, but I am actually taking the family to the Star Wars day in Joilet, Illinois which happens to fall the same day as the Bisons' event. Would love to come to the next meeting, and I might even have a friend or two to bring.

I was thinking Revan possibly, but a Jedi would do fine for me to start with. Do you need to portray an actual character, or could I be a Jedi with a made up name and backstory?

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I have just one question... What is a Polish Mandolorian? [face_dunno]

quigonschuel and TFS like this.
  14. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010

A lot of members have a "generic Jedi" costume. Some have been more gung ho than others about creating name/backstory. whatever works for you!

With appearances like this, fans generally do tend to gravitate to the characters they know but the generics work really well for groups of people together. Having a lot of Jedi to take a photo with is a very cool experience for the fans.

15. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Welcome to the boards! One note: you don't need a costume to participate with our group. I was a member for years before giving in to The Force and having a costume.

16. Grog Zombie

Grog Zombie North Ridge Diplomat star 1

Apr 2, 2016
    As has been previously mentioned, generic or face characters are both fine. You don't need a costume at all to participate in our group. If you are interested in joining the Rebel Legion or the 501st, you can check out their Web sites to see their costume standards.

17. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Welcome aboard!

Before you jump into an event, it's much better to stop by a monthly meeting to get to know some of the membership first. It's hard enough to meet new people. let alone do it while they are covered in a costume.

Keep an eye on the forums for announcements for the next gathering.

72Princess1 likes this.
  19. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Welcome.
    We sort of like to know your real name.
    Friendlier for greetings.

Larry and Janice
    (Obi Wan, TFA Luke and The Emperor, assorted Jedi and Imp)

20. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Welcome!!

My name is Anna, the President of the North Ridge, and I have been an active member for 7 years now.

As many have stated before, you do not need a costume to participate in our group or events.

Please watch for our next meeting which will be our annual post Bisons recruitment meeting. We would be honored if you would join us!!