main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Welcome to Mos Alba!

Take a few moments to introduce yourself to the group. Just say hello and tell us your favorite thing about Star Wars and anything else you would like to share...

If you would like to find out more about us please visit our website: http://mosalba.redlor.net or feel free to ask us anything. Please also take the time to visit the message board of our sister city and say hello: San Diego Star Wars Society

We have our monthly meeting at the Cherry Hills Library in the Far Northeast Heights of Albuquerque the 3rd Sunday of each month at 2pm. Please attend when you can.

At your first meeting please stay a few minutes longer so that one of the co-CR's (BrotherHalo or Wook) can have a few minutes to speak with you about the group and answer any questions you may have at that time.

To become an offical member all you have to do is show up at meetings and post on the board when you can.

2. DarkHaven_X

DarkHaven_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    thanks for the welcome sticky VoidDancer Though i cant be member till i move out there i currenty live in north tonawanda NY, witch is neer niagara falls. Grad to post with nice people till i move out there though.

jeff

3. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Good evening everyone...new member here. Finally got my computer up and running. Names Jason if anybody is wondering. Im sorry that I haven't been able to attend much meetings. I work on Sundays and by the time I make it over to Barnes n Noble you guys are probably finishing up your blue milk shakes and stuff. Before I get up...just wanted to say "hola" to Varza and everyone else I met at my only meeting I attened back in September. Peace...

4. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Good evening everyone...new member here. Finally got my computer up and running. Names Jason if anybody is wondering. Im sorry that I haven't been able to attend much meetings. I work on Sundays and by the time I make it over to Barnes n Noble you guys are probably finishing up your blue milk shakes and stuff. Before I get up...just wanted to say "hola" to Varza and everyone else I met at my only meeting I attened back in September. Peace...

5. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Glad you made it Jason! I was wondering if you were going to join us again.

I hope you can make the upcoming meeting. Let me know if you still have my cell number and if not I will give it to you-you are more then welcome to call and see if we are still in.

If not, hopefully you can make one of the other events.

6. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Yay!!!!! more new people to pester :p

Whoops...did I say that out loud?!?

hehe I'm just KIDDING!

Glad to have you on the boards with us!

7. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Thank you LadynaBerrie. You guys rock.

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I am not a member of your group i do read your boards alot so i thougt i would intoduec myself.
    I am Daniel Birrer in pueblo, co.your northen neighbor by a few hundered miles.I am an EMS major at our community college.

9. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I was wondering who ya were Birrer.... :p

10. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Daniel and Jason!
    Welcome guys! I hope to meet ya at some point. Jason I am sure I will run into you at one of the meetings....and Daniel...Pueblo is where I grew up...so I am up there from time to time!

-Jess

11. Jisou

Jisou Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    Well then. I remember when this borad was new and everyone didnt know each other and there was just, like--seven people joining. (Sigh) That was back in the day. Considering it was not that back in the day but still. Not saying I am old or anything--no--not at all! NEVER!

. . .

Anyway. I /WAS/ Padawan_Ken0bi. At least I think that was my username. And considering I forgot my password. I made a new name and have come back to all after a good year or two of hibernation. I was found by Lorithavon, working my pathitic job at Petsmart, pushing numbers on a keyboard and he informed me that the group was stilling going strong. My reaction was along the lines of: HUZZAH!" Well then. I am now seventeen years old, my name still is Whitney and a I am still a stressed out high school student at Rio Rancho High. Just you normal Star Wars fanatic, looking to find her place amoung her people--Other--Star Wars fanatics. I am happy to be back and plan on being an active member outside the boards, considering I hardly get anytime online anymore. Oh well, such is life...

12. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Actually it was Varza who RE-discoverd you I just happened to be the one with the Mos Alba Business card, seeing as you we're only at the first meeting I ever attended and hadn't been back since, and I'm not too good with faces some times.

but welcome back and we hope to see you at the january 18th meeting at the Barnes & Noble at 2:00 pm.

-lor

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Welcome Back! Glad you made it to the board... you should send in stuff for the website so we can get a pic and everything up for you...

14. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    YAY!!!!!!!! MY WHITNEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NO LONGER A LONESOME!

15. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Well, looks like my friend Chris isn't joining after all :(

Oh well...You guys will get to meet Ken this summer!!! Ken is great!! [face_love]

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Why isn't Chris joining us?

17. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    because he's not as "into" Star Wars as I am and I guess he thinks it's a "waste of time" *rolls eyes* whatever!

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    ACK! HERETIC!

19. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
  20. Arian

Arian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Hi Guys,
    I've already been to a few meetings, but I've had a heck of a time getting an account set up. Anyway, now I'll finally be able to keep up with what Mos Alba's up to.
    -Arian (aka Kristal)

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey Kristal, it's good to see you on the boards finally! How did you manage to do it? I remember hearing you had problems...

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Glad you made it to the board! Love you icon!

23. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Welcome Kristal!!! Glad to see you've made it to the boards!!

24. Arian

Arian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I used one of my other email accounts to register. Go figure : )

25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Kristal!

Glad you could overcome that email issue! sorry it was a pain.

Welcome back Whitney!

Say - are you a senior this year?

M