main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    Welcome Jason and Michelle!!! Speaking as a newbie myself, You will find that everyone here is an awesome bunch!

2. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Welcome Michelle and Jason.

How many Jasons does that make for the group?

3. darth_plagus_thewise

darth_plagus_thewise Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    Hello Everybody,
    Darth_plagus here, met alot of you at the rio rancho charity drive and thought i would throw my red lightsaber into the ring. Been living in RR for two years now, used to live up in Durango, CO which qualifies me to know alot about beer...ha ha [face_whistling] Been in love with Star Wars since i was a kid, i tried to runaway from home once because my parents wouldnt let me watch the making of Return of the Jedi on tv. [face_laugh]
    Looking forward to making it to a meeting and was just impressed by all the great people i met over the weekend. My favorite character is the Emperor because this whole series is how he controls the galaxy, bow down to the Sith Lord,,,,bwaa ha ha!!!

"Funny, he could save others from death, But, he couldnt save himself."
    _Chanceller Palpatine

Darth_Plagus_TheWise

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome darth_plagus_thewise!!!!

Jess

5. DarthJen91

DarthJen91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    Welcome Darth Plagus! Glad you could finally join us. :)

Jen

6. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    A great big wonderful welcome to: Michelle (I remember you, Michelle!), Jason at the Tatooine garrison of NMMI all the way from wet, wonderful Hawaii, and Darth-plagus (may your sovereignty extend to the outer rim and beyond). You guys should find this a pretty wonderful Fan Force to be around. We have more than our fair share of hotties, wise guys, and beer drinkers. But we have a lot of fun hovering right on the edge between PG-13 and R (which is why we have BrotherHalo and Wook to keep watch over us).

All of you, please, jump in and start posting. Wezza love you, muy, muy!

-greg/propgeek

7. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Darth_Plagus_TheWise, welcome to this crazy bunch of people. I finally got to meet a bunch of them on Saturday in Bosque Farms, and they are stranger than I thought.:D

No I'm just kidding, everybody is really cool here.

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
  9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Welcome Darth!!!

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Us strange? Do you think normal people bowl in trooper armor? {face_wink]. It was good to meet you Jason..sorry 'bout the hard time I gave you about your shirt :)

11. Lukeskimychael

Lukeskimychael Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2005
    Hello all. We met several of you in Bosque Farms on Saturday at the Bosque Bowl for katrina relief. My son has joined the force with you. I did post on that page (first time posting anything anywhere ever) and I just wanted to say hey and thank everyone for being so nice to my son. I hope to someday meet more of you and get to know some of you. Our whole family are star wars fans but mychael lives star wars. I don't think we will be able to make many meetings since you seem to have them during the day when he is in school, but we will certainly do our best to attend anything and everything we can. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you. Lyz (the mych's mom :0) )

12. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hi, Lyz! Welcome to our ever expanding group! First off, unless your son has school at 2pm on Sundays, then never fear! That's when we have our meetings! And we try to always have them in public venues.

I'm BrotherHalo, otherwise known as Bob, co-Chapter Rep for Mos Alba, as well as Regional Support Administrator (fancy name for forum moderator and manager) for the Southwest Region of FanForce. Please know that our group is very family-friendly. Several people in this group probably wouldn't be as active as they are if it were otherwise - myself included!

We look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings - we have one coming up this weekend, as a matter of fact. I'll be posting about that soon...

Again, welcome, and feel free to ask any questions!

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome Lyz & Mychael!

If you can - our monthly meeting is this Sunday if you & Mychael can make it. Not to let him down, but we usually don't go in costume to the meeting and/or bowling .. well, last weekend was the exception... :)

If you haven't checked out the pictures from last weekend, look here. I'm not sure if you and Mychael are in any of them.

Dewback Ridge Click on the "Gallery" button to find the pictures.

Glad you had a great time! We always have a blast meeting new people and the kids are so much fun to watch. And please feel free to ask us any questions you might have about our group.

Michelle/Wook/"Backup Boba Fett"

14. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    Welcome!!! This is a wonderful group of characters we have here, enjoy yourselves!!

15. HomerWanKenobi

HomerWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2005
    Hi everyone! My roomies, DarthJen91 and Shaak Vi have sucked me into their Star Wars madness, so I am here. Actually, I'm a long time Star Wars fan, and I get a kick out of seeing everyone dressed up at the premiers. I also really think what you guys have done with fund-raising for Hurricane Katrina is awesome. I've met some of you guys at the bowling alley, and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you.

Teresa V.

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hi Teresa!

So, after meeting those people at the bowling alley, and listening to Viv and Jen, you're still wanting to join up with this crowd?

You're braver than I thought!

Welcome aboard!

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    WELCOME HomerWanKenobi !!!!!

I remember meeting you at the bowling alley! Jen was telling me you might be able to pull some strings for a chance to come visit the children at the hospital....that would be so awesome!!!

Welcome again!
    Jess

18. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    welcome all new people

19. HomerWanKenobi

Sep 14, 2005
    Yeah...I'm workin' on getting permission for you guys to visity the kids. The clinic staff okayed it...maybe around Halloween? We have Spidey around then, too. I'm still trying to work on getting permission for the hospitalized kids at UNMH and Carrie Tingley. We've got one little guy (who's pretty sick) who LOVES Star Wars.

Teresa

20. HomerWanKenobi

Sep 14, 2005
    Yeah...Viv and Jen are pretty nutty. Jen calls herself "Patient Zero" since she infected the whole household.

Teresa

21. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003

That is just going to tear me up....Here is one of those "One thing you don't know about me" things.....One time...I was working on a nursing degree....I was doing my clinicals....and I had a bad experience in the ER (it involved a child) So....time to switch majors!

22. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    wow that would be awesome-- let me know i would love to participate!!

welcome homerwan!!!!

23. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi Teresa! [:D] Welcome to the madness! 8-}

No Bob, she's not really brave, she's just as strange as the rest of us so she knows she'll fit in fine. She would be brave if she'd seen some of Matt's pics and still joined. [face_laugh] Just joshin!

24. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    Oh come on! My pictures are cute.
    [image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/darthgiese/funny%20people/moment_120.jpg]

25. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    "Cute" is not the first thing to pop to mind....But they sure are entertaining.