main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN *** New Members: Check in here ***

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    ...And a pleasure to meet you it was, Joseph! Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

2. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    Welcome all Newbies, Have fun

3. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Hello I live in Nashville

4. clutch1

clutch1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Hello,

The latest movie has me all fired up again about Star Wars, so I thought I'd delve deeper into the culture.

I saw Star Wars when it premeired. I was in the 4th grade. A very good age to see it. Totally influnced my life.

One of my ongoing desires is to own a set of accurate (or near-accurate) stormtrooper armor. I think this time I'm gonna go through with it.

Here's my Follano helmet. Now I just need the rest of the suit. :)

http://www.heycomputer.com/mystorm.jpg

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    hello! There are many on thei board that can help you acheive your dream of being a trooper. More than likely they will direct you over to the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers for more guidence..Hope to hear from you again soon!

6. Hummalis_pintute

Hummalis_pintute Jedi Knight

May 14, 2005
    Hey I'm new and I live in brentwood TN and I need to meet some ppl so hey to any one :D ....ya

7. MasterJedi_Wa-Do_Ryu

MasterJedi_Wa-Do_Ryu Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    Hi everybody! This is my first stop on these boards. I am from Goodlettsville (just 10 min. from Nashville) I'm still learning about the place but it looks like alot of friendly people and fun discussions.

8. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Welcome aboard Master Wa-Do_Ryu and all the others I've missed greeting lately. Make sure to send me your email through the "Private Messages" option above, so we can keep you up to date on all of our events.

9. Kyle_Khan

Kyle_Khan Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello all im new to these boards and am a complete nerd for star wars and live in murfreesboro TN and have a HUGE lego star wars collection and look forward to meeting al the other newbies!!!!![face_peace]

10. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    hey y'all.. I've been a bit of a lurker for the past couple months, but I finally gave in and registered. I've lived in Nashville all my life and will be a Sophomore (well.. it'll be my 2nd year.. technically I'm almost a Junior) at UT-Knoxville studying Political Science and Psychology. I've been a big Star Wars nerd for as long as I can remember thanks to my dad, who actually has an uncanny resemblance to George Lucas..

I met some of y'all at the Hollywood 27 premiere. I was dressed as Padme from Episode II. Which reminds me.. someone from NAD took my picture, and I was wondering if anyone would know where (or if) I could get a copy of it? Any digital pics at all would be great, as I didn't get a picture of myself with my own digital camera and am too lazy to scan the photos.

Oh, and Ryan thought I should use the following: "Hi, I'm the girl (who looks 12) that was at the H27 premiere that all you fanboys were hitting on." Except I don't really look 12 (I hope *worried*) and I didn't get hit on. Mkay, that was just about the longest post ever; I'm excited about finally registering and meeting all of y'all, etc etc. Bai!

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Not new to tf.n, but fairly new to this particular board. So...hello there! :)

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Welcome to all of our new folks. I've PM'ed our new Senator, but all "Newbies" that haven't done so, please private message me your email so we make sure y'all stay up to date on NAD happenings. Hope some of you can make it to the costume workshop we've got going on this Saturday. See the related thread on the main page.

13. AnakinFanCheryl

AnakinFanCheryl Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Hello there! A Newbie here on this board. I am really interested in joining NAD, but I see the website is down. Any suggestions on gaining membership. I live in Shelbyville, just south of Nashville. My husband and I have both been fans since ANH, when were 5. We've both collected a lot of toys and memorabilia over the years.

14. ROTSAnakin

ROTSAnakin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2005
    Hello Cheryl. I see you're fan. Good taste. Good taste.

You asked about becoming a member.

Step 1: Post here
    Step 2: Go to events
    Step 3: We do not talk about NAD
    (Optional) Step 4: Become a 501st groupie at events, trailing the likes of a managerie of mandolorian, a squad of stormies, a collection of clones, or the Dark Lord of the Sith himself.

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Joe: What the Frak?

We DO talk about NAD!

And knock off the pro-501st stuff to the newbies, Loki Jr. ;)

16. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005
    I feel the hate swelling in you. Or maybe that's just idegestion.

Dude it's a joke from a little movie called Fight Club Mr. DVDMaster...

doh!

Now I've gone and done it Zach! You tricked me into talking about fight club.

See what you made me do. Now I'll be kicked out of the club... and I payed my membership too.

And if pro-501st talk is bad and jokes aren't allowed "perma-ban" me. lol You threatened it enough in the past.

17. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Well if it's a Fight Club reference, one would think you would make "Not tlaking about NAD" the 1st & 2nd rules. Now you've gone and made me break the first 2 rules of the Club, double D'Oh! ;)

18. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005

19. dwrd

dwrd Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Greetings. I am Derek and have recently gotten into costuming etc, and after D*C I decided that I needed a SW costume. I have decided to make Plo Koon thanks to consulting from Ryan. My aim is to have it done by Halloween and the DVD release. I have met a few of the active posters in here either at D*C or through the HP_Nashville yahoo group, so I hope to be able to attend the meetups that you have.

Cheers,

20. SaberSpanker

SaberSpanker Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Hey there. SaberSpanker here. From Nashville, dressing as Barriss. Yep. So Hi

21. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Hello! And can I just say that's the coolest screen name since Nabooty_call.............

22. ROTSAnakin

Aug 10, 2005
    Hey Deweese. How's you're Plo Koon coming?

Spanker at last we meet again. The triangle is now complete. When last we met I was but the spankee. Now I am the Master.

23. dwrd

dwrd Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    I have all of the material, will be getting together with someone on the 2nd to get it all cut, then I have to redye it, then will get it all sewn on the 16th. Still no word on when my mask or gloves will be here though. I am really getting pissed off about that fact too.

24. Darth-Pyrus

Darth-Pyrus Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    Hey, I'm new to the site and from Nashville. Been a Star Wars fan since I can remember...I play the RPG, used to play the CCG, and watch the movies on almost a weekly basis. What can I say? I absolutely love it. Anyways, just saying hello, and hope to have some input on the forums.

25. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Welcome to all of our newest area TFN members. This weekend try to come to Horrorfest on Saturday to meet a bunch of us. Next event after that will likely be the wing-ding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.