main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    Hello to Everyone both old and new! It's good to see some new folks here! I decided to come out of hiding and get out of Myspace for a change and say Hi. I started over with my usual display name so I figured I'd re-introduce myself.

Name: Raine (Formerly known as Jedi528):)
    Birthday: Nov 10

[:D] to all

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Jedi Stardancer . . . never heard of her. :p ;)

3. Jedi_Stardancer

Jedi_Stardancer Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2007
    [face_shame_on_you] Shame on you Sith Wench! I thought you were up on all these things! LOL!!! Oh and I have a third identity waiting to be revealed...mahawah......:eek:

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Ah but don't ever forget:

[face_skull]SITH WENCH MUST BE OBEYED! [face_skull]

For those confused, I "own" a lot of alternative identities on the board including one I posted with for ages . . . Sith_Wench. And yes, there is a Jedi_Wench and she, too, is a fiery redhead. :D

5. roydh

roydh Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2007
    well made it here

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yeah! Hi Roy! Tell us a bit about you!

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    Birthday:
    Location:(City where you live, if you don't care to disclose this it is ok)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

7. roydh

Aug 18, 2007
    my name is roy hollar
    age 41
    birthday august 4th
    first interested in sw when my dad took me to the movie in 77
    when the stardestroyer crossed the screen in the opening scene
    i was hooked
    intrest costuming conventions books ect
    had a good time at the book club thanks for having me

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Gee! You, me, andyf, Erelannon are all 41! [face_laugh]

9. roydh

Aug 18, 2007
    yes i never thought i would make it
    oh forgot im in mint hill

10. yodaawilson

yodaawilson Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2007
    Name: Alex
    Birthday: Sept 22 1978
    SW Related Interests: 501st, Rebel legion, collecting, role playing, etc
    Non-SW Related Interests: all water sports, reading, all languages active and dead,
    How did you get started on SW: (its a long story. I will be happy to tell you all about it. But simply i started at age 2 or 3 seeing the movie with my mom and the rest is history.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Great to have you aboard!

We have another "Getting To Know You" thingy you can fill out if you'd like. It's here.

We have a Trading Card thread and our Collector thread (it is still new). Feel free to post anywhere on the boards and if you have any questions please feel free to ask or any of the other members. :)

12. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    Hello,

I am huge fan of Star Wars and didn't realize you were even here on net - I am not one who usually goes to forums but thought I would try it out. I live in Rowan County and I am a Psychiatrist. Please excuse me if I don't provide too many details on an open forum like this - you wouldn't believe what lengths patients will go to to get to you. I casually spoke with a couple of you at the Monstore Con event this past weekend - I like to sit back and observe human nature without giving myself away- Sorry comes with the job and my research.

I go by Dr C or iamaSith.

I am a "D*** Yankee" apparently - I moved South and Stayed
    I have three great kids
    I Love Star Wars and sci-fi and even fantasy
    I love Soccer
    I do not like negative people but love to study them - especially obsessed crazy fans of movies - oh wait that's me - yeah - I love myself too!
    I am happily married and religious
    I am looking into getting a set of hi-quality Armour for myself and older son maybe for Halloween and future shows (Although he really likes Clones versus Storm Troopers).
    I will check out 501st website again BUT it seems you have to know a member there to get on their forums to get help...

Anyway - HELLO!

EDIT: No need to be rude or make personal references, even if you're "just kidding."

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The reason you have to register for the Carolina Garrison forum is because there are some folks who just cannot get it through their heads that they decided on their own to leave the 501st and form their own group. I think you've heard of it.

Oh, and please don't use a sock account to introduce yourself when you've already posted on the boards. :)

14. SithLordAura

SithLordAura Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2007
    Name: Aura
    Birthday: I'm a leo
    SW Related Interests: The Force and collecting any and all things possible!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Witchcraft, Quantum Physics, and LOTR...lol
    How did you get started on SW: X boyfriend forced (lol) me to watch it, I fell in love immediately, been hopelessly devoted since then.

15. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome, IamaSith and SithLordAura. [face_peace]

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi SithLordAura! Welcome to the boards. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. :)

17. Fandalorian87

Fandalorian87 Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Name: Mike, but you can call me "The Great One".
    Birthday: July 26, 1987
    SW Related Interests: Reading, Writing, Drawing, RPing (hard to find people for this one).
    Non-SW Related Interests: Is there such a thing? Hockey, Aikido, TKD, Drawing, Video Games, and being lazy on my days off.
    How did you get started on SW: The second I saw the opening crawl of A New Hope I knew I was done for.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Welcome to the boards! Hopefully you can join us for an event soon.

19. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Mike and make yourself at home.

Great, you will be interested to know that we have a monthly book club. We will be taking a break for the FanForce holiday party next month but we will start up again in January with the new Darth Bane book that's going to be released next month. Then we will continue with the Grand Admiral Thrawn series.

Cool. Do you like to play Star Wars Minatures? Have you ever played Star Wars Minatures? It's like a combination of role playing, board game and strategy game (kind of like Risk). It's a lot of fun. We play once a month after our book club meeting.

Do you like reading any of the Star Wars comic books? I read Legacy, Dark Times and Rebellion.

Another cool. What team/teams do you like? I like the New Jersey Devils, my favorite team. I also like the San Jose Sharks and the Carolina Hurricans.

Anyway, welcome again and I hope to get to meet you sometime soon.

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    /\ is being a better ambassador than I am :( :p

Mike, we may be working with the Checkers to organize an event. Do you like the Checkers?

21. Fandalorian87

Fandalorian87 Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Ahem...let me try to answer the questions haha.

I have not tried the minis yet. So far I've done parts of the Living Force campaign, but like I said it is very hard to get together an RP group. I haven't even gotten used to the Saga Edition book because they changed a lot of things around. I've given the minis some thought and I might start collecting them in the near future.

As far as hockey goes I like the Sabres, Hurricanes, and the Red Wings. I also love the Checkers. Funny thing you asked that because my little brother plays on the Jr. Checkers [face_mischief]. Last game I remember going to was maybe a month ago when they played against Inferno. 5 to 4, was a pretty close game after Inferno got warmed up.

Oh and I've read some comics. I have the re-released Clone Wars stuff as well as Rogue Squadron Omnibuses. I like art so hopefully some time soon I can get around to drawing a fan-made comic of sorts...sucks that I like being lazy so much or otherwise I would have done so already.

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've got the X-Wing/Rogue Squadron Omnibus 1. Haven't read it. My reading pile is very high.

Cool about your little brother. TK-2970 and I are married and we love hockey but our teams are bitter rivals. [face_mischief] We agree on the Canes though. ;)

Again, hope to meet you soon. :) If you have any questions, my PM box is always open.

23. Tonilpkelner

Tonilpkelner Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm probably not in the right place, but...

I saw where a Nick Johns had admitted to being a former member of Starcore, looking for other former members.

Me!

Back then, I was Toni Perry, a college student living on Glenham Drive (near Yorktown Appts.) in Charlotte. I watched and read lots of SF, bought comics, and was trying to write SF myself.

These days, I'm Toni Kelner, living in Massachusetts, and now I've got my daughters hooked on SF and comics. I never had much success with writing SF, but I'm doing okay with mystery, and the occasional foray into urban fantasy.

So, Nick, if it's the same fellow I remember, drop me a note!

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You could probably reach Nick at his website better. :)

25. Tonilpkelner

Tonilpkelner Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2007
    Thanks. I didn't realize he had a site. Just dropped him a note on his guestbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.