main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New posters needed

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. es27340

es27340 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    I intend to work in... uh... I don't know where I intend to work when I get out of school...

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Right, I'm bored.

Bored and rebellious. I'm addicted to the Role Playing Forum but I need a change of scenery before I get myself banned from there.

I hail from London. Local enough?

Sith-I-5

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmm, I don't know. London isn't very Welsh most of the time.

Do you have any kind of link to Wales, no matter how tenuious?

4. Kinch

Kinch Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2005
    Im Welsh, from Brynmawr

Thats gotta be plenty local

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I was going to refer you to the part of your thread saying you would accept English, Scots, etcetera, then I remembered one of my aunts married a Welshman, so I do have a Welsh uncle.

Plus I love the new Doctor Who, which is being made by BBC Wales!

Sith-I-5

6. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    This place dying or something, for the need of such topics, requesting such things, hmm unfortunate this is and unexpected, hehe... Lets hope things pick up again, we'll have to double our efforts. [face_love]

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Brynmawr and a Welsh uncle!

Both of you are hereby indited into the Welsh Forum.

However I should point out that now you have posted you must continue to do so for the next 5 years (at least 2 posts per day).

I'm afraid this place has seen better times Yin-Yan. Our numbers are low and our allience isn't what it once was.

But just like the Sith, we shall rise from the ashes and take over the universe. But first we need to gather our strength and consolidate our positon in the FFUK.

8. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    lol okay englishguy, I'll continue to call you such a name until you get mine right, and I believe back in the day I was posting here, when you clearly wasn't ;) my old jedi friend. [face_love]

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Opps, sorry about the typo Yin-Jun. However there is no need to call me English. Thats just going to far!!!

;)

Well the important thing is now that we are all posting together right here, right now. Indeed, this forum was faced with the very real possiblity of getting clossed down around a year ago.

I was pretty much the only poster here. Now I know how Yoda felt stuck on Degobah all those years. I think I went a bit funny in the head for a while. I started have conversations with myself and at one point I had 5 different versions of my personality.

I even proclaimed myseld king if I remember correctly?

10. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL, yeah.. I think i've been there myself, and I know how it is to feel like a strange old hermit, I was exactly like Old Ben, in the dune caves on the outer-rim on Tatooine :( all alone and awaiting my new hope, my oppurtunity to express my knowledge amongst thee, hehe [face_love]

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I accept your indictment with gratitude. Nice to have somewhere to belong.

I'll try to meet your posting frequency. Any interesting threads going on?

Sith-I-5

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nothing of specific interest, I think we're all just hanging out, sharing our thoughts and looking forward to ROTS right now.

This is more fun in a way cause its just positive feedback and everyone here is posting cause they're all hyped up over the new movie and need a place to vent a little.

COME ON PEOPLE!

2 DAYS LEFT

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hyped up. Sure.

Okay, I'll play along. Woot.

Sith-I-5

14. Darth_Gavinus

Darth_Gavinus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hello all Huge Star Wars fan!! Just watched ROTS absolutely blew me away. Put posting on here off for too long, 27, from South Wales, know Welshguy since birth practically!! As much as we try to shake each other. it'd be good to chat to anyone who's seen ROTS. Cheers

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hello Darth_Gavinus. Good to see that you have finally joined the dark side my old friend.

By the way, when I get the chance i'm going to post pictures of you up here from when you dressed up as Jar Jar Binks for Halloween.

You have been warned!

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Phoned a mate to tell him I had an empty SW Frosties box for his collection, and he tells me that George Lucas is at the Monaco Grand Prix today, promoting ROTS.

They got a racing car covered in Star Wars stuff - not racing - stormtroopers, Chewbacca. In Monaco? The guy in the wookiee suit is going to be having fun, not.

I'm at work. Anyone able to get pictures?

Sith-I-5

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I manged to get a few pictures, however i'm having a little trouble with my computer right now and won't be able to get them up till tomorrow.

I've been following F1 since 1992 and I have to say that seeing Darth Vader walk down the Monaco pitlane, flanked by 12 Stormtroopers was without doubt the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

I don't know if you saw the race today, but they had a big redbull racing/Star Wars event that was attened by ITV-F1. George Lucas and Hayden Christensen were both interviewed for this feature and looked to be having fun (escpecially George, whos a big F1 fan). And for some bizarre reason, Roger Moore was also interviews??????

However the force was not with Redbull as David Coulthard was taken out by Michael Schumacher (surely Darth Maul by any other name?) and the Italian guy was no-where.

Seeing Chewie in the Redbull paddock reaching for the sky and growling in delight when David went third was indeed something to behold!

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Good work. Saw your pics on the other board.

You do some good stuff.

Were you there, or getting it off the telly?

Sith-I-5

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wish I was there, but i'm afriad I got those pics of the ITV website.

I think this years championship is going to be very close between Kimi and Fernando. Alanso may have had a great start but the development of the McLaren has left the Renault trailing somewhat.

But with the 10-8-6 point scoring system its going to be very hard for Kimi to catch up.

Edit: But the captions are all my own. I'm rather proud of the Governor Lucas one. :)

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm not really getting into this year's F1 as much as I did in previous years, maybe because I work Sundays, and am having to content myself with the late night highlights show.

After a full day, I haven't really got the attention to sit through the full thing.

I set up an Excel spreadsheet to record the driver and championship points, but after the third race, I couldn't be arsed.

Nice to see other drived besides Schumacher getting a shot at the podium, though last year, I loved seeing him fighting his way forward after starting at the back, because you got the impression that he was doing it because he wanted a bit of a fun scrap.
    This year, it's because the car isn't up to scratch yet, so, less enjoyable.

Sith-I-5

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I must admit, F1 doesn't hold quite the same interest for me as it once does. Don't get me wrong, I never miss a race, but its just so dull! And thats coming from a hardcore fan.

I found myself channel surfing during the last Grand Prix, something which I have never done in over 13 years of viewing.

Schumacher has just sucked so much fun and excitment out of F1 that its hard to know if it will ever reclaim that level of interest. Its a shame that Kimi went out of the last race, as the Championship was shaping up to be really interesting, but with a 38 point lead you gotta think that the title is Alonso's.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a British driver to cheer for. First there was Nigel and Damon, two drivers who you could really get behind and support. But nowadays you got Mr no-talent Coulthard and I find Jenson just a litte to polished and smug to support.

There are just no characters in F1 anymore. Its just a business and engereering exercise on wheels.

But I still wouldn't miss a race though.

22. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Hi all. I am just coming over because I quite like your colourscheme. Also it looks an interesting if a little slow place. So I am going to make it a home. I have welsh connections, my mum loves Tom Jones and my clone is welsh. Does that qualify me?

As for F1, I never watch anymore, it became very boring to watch, but this season looks more interesting so I may start again.

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hi there Ramble_Bobba. Your right there, this place is interesting, though quite slow.

I believe in a gentler and more relaxed form of posting in the Welsh chapter. In today's modern, frantic high postage forums, its nice to have a place where you can come and feel welcome, put your feet up by the fire and enjoy a nice apple pie.

As for the colourscheme.. That was supposed to be changed around a year ago. It was something that Yoshee never got around to doing, though if I get the RSA position, i'll make it my first priority ;)

You have a Welsh clone?? Care to elaborate?

As for the Welsh connection, your in dude!

24. jedimatt_fx

jedimatt_fx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    WELCOME to the WALES board, ramble_boba

p.s watch out while your here theres some weird people around. o_O

25. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    pies for sale....pies for sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.