main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource New Recommendations Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kahara, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JamesSkywalker

JamesSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 8, 2011
    Hello friends! I need some help, I was originally turned onto fan fiction a few years ago when I read yodakenobi's amazing but abandoned epic series the End of All Light. Since then I've generally gone to fanfic.net and archive of our own to get good fan fiction because its pretty hard to search through this forum for specific fanfic topics. I know I'm missing out on a lot of good stories and have tried to use the posted resources and indexes but am having a real hard time finding what I want.

I am looking for stories in which Jacen Solo never becomes Darth Caedus or turns back to the light or survives the LOTF series. I am looking for long epic stories over 50,000 words. But I'm flexible on that point. I just don't want one shots or really short fics. I'm particularly interested in stories where Jacen participates in the war against Abeloth and the Lost Tribe or takes on the One Sith. Jacen does not have to be the whole focus he can be part of an ensemble cast. I also want any recommendations to be complete. THere are few things more devestating then getting into a great story and then the author drops it, so I promised myself I would not start a story that was not complete unless I am absolutely sure the author is committed to finishing it. I'd also be open to reading AU's of the Legacy of the Force series if the author wrote it better than the official story which would not be hard sadly. Romance is okay, but I don't want it to be the focus of the story. I don't know the policy around here regarding sex, but I don't care if the story is rated R per se unless its just a smut story.

I am sorry if I'm being to specific but please, please if you have any recommendations let me know.

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  3. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    JamesSkywalker:

Seconding the rec for Danni's Quest. It's a really good story. :)

I think there was an NJO-era one where Jacen seemed to be headed on a different course from canon, but I can't remember the name or find it in my comments history. :confused: It was an older story that someone reposted earlier this year, if I recall correctly. Though I think it was labeled as an L/M story, there was a strong focus on the whole ensemble cast. It involved Luke having visions of the future early in the NJO storyline and events diverging from there. I wish I could remember the name. Anybody?

There was also an AU a while back titled The Truth behind the Lies by x_SwordoftheJedi_x, though it does have some form of the Caedus version of Jacen. (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...tf-au-allana-caedus-updated-8th-may.50029650/ -- note that it's incomplete as far as I know).

Onderon1's Journeyer and Empress is set in a larger AU, and it's focused on a non-Sithly, not-exactly-Jedi version of Jacen visiting the Fel Empire. (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...frame-philosophy-etc-concluded-3-28.50021628/ -- it's completed).

4. JamesSkywalker

Jun 8, 2011
    Tarsier and Kahara thanks for the recs. I am actually reading one of Siouxfan's stories right now from fan fiction.net Its called fact and fiction thanks for providing me with some recs, I wil definetely check them all out!

Kahara likes this.
  5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    JamesSkywalker I believe Fact and Fiction is a slightly different version of Danni's Quest. :)
    That sounds familiar - is it Whispers of the Force by Hazel? (I'm not sure I read it, just thought it looked interesting.)

6. JamesSkywalker

Jun 8, 2011
    Thanks I will take a look at it I found out that Yoda Kenobi is planning on finishing his story which has made me as giddy as a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. I would also like to tag SiouxFan as an excellent writer whose story Fact and Fiction I am currently enjoying very much She has a way of humanizing Star wars characters that profic has neglected in the past. Thanks for all the recommendations. I will enjoy these stories with a tear in my eye now that many of my favorite characters have been erased by a currently unkown in regards to quality Episode VII, something tells me due to my age and childhood that it will have a very hard time having the same impact as the old EU characters that I grew up with and love. Thank you all for the nostaligic recommendations!!!!!!!!

Kahara and Tarsier like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Tarsier, yes. That was the one. Thanks! :) It was good and I think it fell off my radar for a while.

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Are there any fics featuring Han and Rey speculating o episode 7?

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    brodiew All the ST speculation fics are listed here.

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I must have missed them. Thanks anyway, Chyntuch.

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    Hey everyone.

I'm looking for a long fanfic that features the Siriwan pairing. Can someone post a list of recommendations? Thanks.

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Please, good fics involving characters with latent Force powers, undertrained and such. I'm aware of Scout and Seha Dorvald, if there's anybody else, do tell me. I want to see how this is handled. :) Thank you.

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  13. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    L/M stories where Luke is more of a catalyst than a saviour to Mara, please? :) Not too sugary, not too fluffy, make it brutal for me, I can take it.

Kahara and Tarsier like this.
  15. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm not sure if it's in here somewhere but at least it's posted on fanfiction . net (is it allowed to refer to other sites here - if not the mods will have to delete this posting). The story I'm talking about is "What the Heart Hides" by Valairy Scot. This story also have a follow up named "Truths of the Heart".

I'm not a big fan of SiriWan stories myself but those two were really worth reading.

Kahara likes this.
  16. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    @Ewok Poet : I'm still looking, found a possible thing but it's on AO3 and now I can't remember if they are linkable here. Will PM.

@CaraJinn: The last I heard, we're allowed to link things from fanfiction.net so long as they wouldn't be against the TOS here. (Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    @CaraJinn I made that request two years ago and by that time, I no longer read many fanfics. I'm surprised someone responded so anyway, thanks.

Tay Neir likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Are there any stories (either profic or fanfic) where a clone from the Grand Army of the Republic rises in imperial society to become a very prominent figure? e.g. an admiral, a moff, a governor, a senator/representative, a wealthy businessman/banker etc.

Kahara and Tay Neir like this.
  19. VaderSidiousorder66

VaderSidiousorder66 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2023
    Caseys Star Wars Fan Fiction on YouTube has some cool stories.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.