main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton New Site

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I have set us up with a new site. The address is http://edmontonfanforce.blogspot.com/ but there's nothing much there right now. I literally just finished setting it up, and I will be doing some style changes and getting some logo's and whatever up.

The reason I'm post this right now in order for me to add other people as authors or fellow contributors, I need people to email me so I can send you an invite which adds you as a contributor. When you set yourself up as an author, please use your board names as a handle, so it's easier for others to follow who is who from the boards to the blog (in order to get set up though, you may need to create a gmail account, assuming you don't already have one).

For example, my author name is Rogue_Thunder on the new site.

Now, as for the url, right now I'm using the blogspot free service. If things go as plan and we have people contributing to the content of the site with events and pictures and what-not, then in a month I'll pay to change the url so we have our own unique web address (no .blogspot at the end - and we shouldn't lose any of the content) and like I said earlier, I'll foot the cost myself for a few months.

So please email me: Berkley.daniels at gmail dot com and I can get you an invite.

Also please let me know who you are in case I haven't had a chance to meet you at an event yet. However, don't worry about how long you've been posting. So long as you're registered on the boards and leave near Edmonton and feel you have something to contribute to our new site, then please email me.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    When you go to the site, subscribe to the RSS feed and you can be updated automatically when someone posts, so that you can keep up to date. Simple click this link: http://edmontonfanforce.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

If you have IE7 or Firefox 2.0 or higher, then the browsers have a built in RSS reader, otherwise you will need to find and download one (simply Google "RSS reader), but I strongly recommend running the latest version of firefox as it's easier to use and much more secure.

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Will do Berx but wil have to wait till the weekend for me

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Could I get some email so I can reply with invites? Please use your main email address. One that you check once a day, preferrably. I promise this won't sign you up for spam. The sign up process is also pretty painless. You may need to create a gmail account, but that doesn't mean you have to use gmail if you don't want to.

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, I got Jay's email and sent an invite out right away. I could use some email from anyone else. Still waiting on a lot of em. :)

6. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    darth_jarrett@hotmail.com

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks Jarrett. Was hoping to get yours seeing as you probably post the most out of all of us.

Ed Okay, yours is sent, thanks :)

8. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    The site is looking good, Berx. :) It just needs some content. What all do you want us to contribute?

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    If you have an idea for an event, or if you went to something in town that you think might be a cool place to have an event (this is aside from board discussion), or posting pictures from events, etc. I'll have more details soon.

10. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    cool to hear man

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    New post on the site, as well as made a few changes to the layout and functionality, as well as got pictures to work, and changed the "about us" stuff, so it was more coherent/relevant.

All this in anticipation of the toy & comic show at the end of March. I'll also start posting up every event we do, such as the potential games night on the 1st, etc.

If you have any suggestions let me know, I need to hear from everyone what they think of the site, and don't forget to sign up, and YOU TOO can post for your very own events, whether it's costuming, sewing, movies or what.

So PLEASE leave some feedback. Thanks! :)

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Also, forgot to mention from now on if you click the title of a post on the site, it will take you to the relevant thread here on the boards, but that's only on the latest posts.

13. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Your link in the about us near the top goes to an error page.
    this lines link:
    Founded as part of the theforce.net's international fanforce organization

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks, I'll get that fixed. I was so happy to get the pics working that I forgot to check the other new stuff.

15. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I just see one picture and the buttons when I mouse over it to change the picture but nothing scrolls or changes pictures when I look at it.

16. JerreyRough

JerreyRough Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
    I'd suggest using Webs. Its like blogspot, with the templates and such, but also has additional fatures; like more modern forums (sometimes anoying though), a blogging area, additonal pages, etc. Basically, its like blogspot but with more. Of course, if you only have the blogspot for what I've seen so far then stick to it, but if you're going to pay money eventually then I suggest Webs.

Webs is at www.webs.com

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Thanks for the idea! I'll definitely check it out soon. As long as we're staying free I'll probably be using blogspot, but if we decide to go pay I'll look into webs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.