main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN New Sith Trials: Dark Reach: Episode I: An Order Remade

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jul 1, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM post 1 of 3

Posted on behalf of Lady Belligerent

IC: Darth Bellorum

On our way down a long way

Bellorum’s eyes narrowed as she listened to Jerod, he was lecturing her about drinking and having children?! Maybe she would kill them both. She stared silently while he spoke, her lips pursed as she considered if she’d be going along to retrieve her possessions, or if she’d just send Jerod while she went back to the wine they’d been enjoying.

“I will go,” Bellorum spoke calmly to the captain, “only if I choose, you will not decide for me.”

The necklace was valuable to her, and make no mistake, she’d get it back. Maybe she and Ike could check out the local entertainment while Jerod found the kid.

With a shrug she looked to Ike, “what about it,” she asked, “want to go along and check out the local culture?”

She locked her arm through Ike’s asking “exactly what is proper attire for beating an unruly child?”

“Anything with a whip,” Ike said sharply, smirking at Jerod.

“You can borrow mine.”

====

Cal had lead Aryan to a seat away that wasn’t in the middle of the others already aboard. He leaned in close and fastened the restraint for Aryan and lingered for a moment whispering, “you’re doing great, just remember this is supposed to be a fun excursion. We are going shopping,” Cal smiled, “what do you want to buy?”

The doc took them took his own seat and looked around. Valieri was taking her seat just across from Cal and Aryan, and was getting strapped in.

Bellorum and Ike were just arriving, fashionably late, and Bellorum was carrying a bottle of wine. Hel has been on the flight deck while everyone was boarding, but came back to the passenger cabin once the latecomers were getting settled. It was obvious that Bellorum had brought the alcohol to taunt Jerod, since the Dark Lady made an effort to raise the bottle as if in a toast to the captain as she came aboard.

“Do you have coordinates for where your darling child ended up?” She had asked Jerod whilst taking her seat, and then placed a whip beside the wine bottle on the table in front of her seat. Her beaming smile was a mask, because she was still quite angry over the whole incident. It had taken huge balls to give her grief about drinking and then to talk to her about raising children. Maybe she should speak to Haretisch about it, they could have a child together and show the captain how it’s done. “Ike, will you be a dear and pour?”

He floated the decanter to her while keeping her eyes fixed on Jerod. He’d never have children. Never wanted them. Insipid didn’t need nor want an heir, and Ike wasn’t letting him casually bed a woman for one. “It would be a delight to get this done sooner rather than later.”

He opted to completely disregard anyone else in the shuttle. He was annoyed enough as it was. That being said, he dipped his head to the mostly handicapped Aryan. Ike was superior to everyone save for Bell, but there was no need to kick a broken man when he was down.

Kick him when he was standing up, and proud, definitely. Right in the -

Cal found Ike fascinating, mostly because he wondered what it was like to be with a powerful Sith. But, Ike was a very interesting individual. Cal would need to find a way to get some samples from him, but for now he needed to pay attention to his patient. “I understand you were once able to use the Force,” Cal smiled and said quietly to Aryan, “you’ll have to tell me all about that sometime.”

Hel was concerned about the tension between Bellorum and Jerod. She felt like she needed to try and calm things down between them, at least until she could speak to her father about it.

She went over and took an empty seat beside Bellorum, as she was strapping in she quietly asked, “the man recently lost his wife, so we should try and be understanding, perhaps?” Hel had been very careful with her tone, she was well aware that Bellorum was borderline psycho and the last thing she wanted to do was set her off.

Bellorum placed her hand on Hel’s knee and sweetly replied, “ex-wife, if I recall correctly, my dear.” Bellorum slowly looked Hel over, “I believe Ike and I should take you shopping for some new outfits,” her hand was still on Hel’s knee as she spoke, “we can’t have you looking like your father dressed you any longer.” Bellorum removed her hand and looked questioningly at Ike, “after we find the bloody kid, of course.”

Without waiting to hear what Ike would say, Hel mumbled something about a shopping list of medications and quickly got up to go sit beside the doctor. Bellorum watched over the rim of her glass as she drank. This doctor was an interesting character, she felt like he had some secrets, but they all had them.

TAG: @HanSolo29, @Jerjerrod-Lennox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    GM UPDATE 2 OF 3

IC: Plo Wanderguard - Nar Shadaa

It had been a fairly quick hour by the time Plo walked into Hangar A, dressed more casually than he was accustomed, to take a shuttle planetside. It was fortunate that he had seen the others soon enough to slow up and not be seen. From the opposite corridor he watched Bellorum arrive, obviously sauced, wine bottle in hand and Jerod in tow. Curious. Something had to have been going on - the captain wasn’t one to leave his post even as capable as Alta was at running things in his absence, and Nar Shadaa didn’t seem Jerod’s kind of place anyway.

And of course Bellorum had Ike following behind her like a puppy, as usual. Plo wrinkled his nose at that - certainly he appreciated Insipid having saved them all, but given the opportunity he would have asked the man to kindly keep his insufferable kriffmeat with him in 6 ABY.

Getting onto the shuttle just slightly ahead of them he spied Cal Jepsun with a hobbling Aryan and his caregiver... Valeri... Veler... Mallory? Something. Hel was with them as well, as she mostly busied herself with helping the doctor.

“Oh no,” he muttered as he realized his daughter would be sharing a ride with the intoxicated pair just behind. He quickly dashed off a message with his comm.

Hel,

Stay with Cal. Do not get involved in anything Bellorum and that other one are doing.

Love, dad

He sighed through pursed lips, brushing his hair back with one hand. The old ones only knew what kind of degeneracy they would get Hel into, given the opportunity. The faint click of bootheels grabbed his attention then, and he turned.

“Syren,” he greeted. Dear god. “You look, er, th-“ like bantha shavit, he thought. Eyes sunken in above dark circles, and still reeking of drink. Was anyone on this ship capable of moderation? “Uh, well... It’s been a hectic fortnight for us all I’m sure,” he gave up on thinking of something nice to say, and settled for a considerate heads-up instead. He inclined his head gently towards the hangar where she would see Aryan boarding the shuttle with assistance. He knew they’d been on less than perfect terms - and while he wasn’t *not* on Aryan’s side in obviously wanting to fix it, he also wasn’t not on Syren’s in obviously trying to avoid him. “Maybe we’ll take the small shuttle instead, hm?”

Anark would arrive not terribly long afterward, and Plo regarded him with a nod. While his relationship with Syren was anything but warm, it was at least somewhat complicated. Anark, however, had never shown him anything but the simplest disdain. Maybe that would change with time. “Give some thought to your aliases if you don’t intend on using your birth names,” he told them both, and entered the hangar finally to begin pre-flight checks on the shuttle.

Within minutes they were ready to go. Plo sunk into the pilot’s seat, donning the headset and keying into the bridge to announce their departure.

“If either of you have any ideas, I’ll hear them,” he announced over his shoulder once they were on their way. “The Smuggler’s Moon has plenty to offer in the way of trouble.”

TAG: @Lady Belligerent, @QueenSabe7, @Snokers

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Post 3 of 3 - Part 2

IC: Darth Insipid, Lesser

Another Hell

The aged man that Insipid recognised as Ventris made the Sith Lord grimace tightly. This was who he had risked discovery for?

Ventris ran, or rather stumbled, for the shuttle. The roof cracked and through it burst a creature of snake-like concoction. Insipid touched the Force to hit feet and leapt, landing and raising his hand to ward off the monster. It reared, and Insipid stepped back, only for the ground to rip beneath him and a second head come snapping up. Insipid rolled aside, swinging the blade end of the staff to defend himself, nicking the snake-face, while a third rose.

Snarling, Insipid thrust out his hand, his hilt dropping into it. A burst of flame, and the red blade emerged to spear a yawing mouth. He looked back to check on Ventris, hoping to rely upon his danger sense to risk the glance. It was then that he remembered that the Force was all danger and that it would not help - but by the time he looked back a limb smacked into Insipid and he crashed into the middle of the ramp, winded.

Hissing, he mentally triggered the ship to take off, even as tentacles burst from the sides of the building - it was barely that anymore, for whatever was pursuing Ventris had bulged to the point of the block collapsing, ensnaring the shuttle as it rose. Insipid spat blood, rolling to his feet atop the ramp, and snarled at Ventris. “Lightning, now.”

He could feel the man was addled, so Insipid throttled the man.

“Now!”

Insipid released Ventris and threw aside the staff and his hilt and lifted his hands. “Together!”

TAG: @NickLitYouAFlame
    —-
    IC: Insipid, Greater

Kesh, Tapcafe, LARP meet

The Force rippled with disturbance and Insipid paused mid-toast. Finally. It had taken longer months than it should have to realise that Insipid’s power had been taxed since they had arrived in this realm. To realise that he had left a portion of his divine power behind.

He sensed Helinith first and foremost among the newcomers, but also Bernael. The third, the most nonhuman of them, Insipid did not recognise. He drew his hilt. “Sith Lords! The Destructors have arrived and are terrorising the Circle!”

Indeed, there was noise of manner of scuffle in the centre. Tahv deserved to be called a city, glass and all, and the population was too innumerable to easy conquer. So, Insipid intended to borrow from the plan that had been used to take it in their time. “We shall show the Keshiri that we are the Protectors of legend! We need to capture the Destructors and show the Keshiri they are safe!”

In the Force he emphasised that they had to make it look good. He allowed them to understand the desire to capture the ‘Destructors’, played by Bernael, Renn and Helinith, and they would apprehend them.

He stood, patching into the sensors of their ship with his comlink. He produced an image of the woman Helinith, the Anzati Bernael and, incredibly, the Neti that was Renn. He eyed his Sith.

Kronos and Drost, you take the Anzati.”

“The Neti is yours, Executor Bo.” He went out of his way to reconfirm Bo’s rank, because he needed to keep him on side too.

He nodded at Helinith. “I’ll take her in.” His glance took in Hades, Morrigan and Esmerelda. “Get back to our ship, and prepare for extraction of these three.”

Insipid nodded. “Got it?”

Without much more to add, he dove out of the tapcafe, the Keshiri owner looking bewildered yet overjoyed. “The Protectors were here - waiting in my cafe!?” In the days to come, the cafe would become a holy site, for the place where the hallowed Protectors had made their first impression upon Kesh.

But nobody had tea...

For now however, the Sith had work to do.

To put on a good show.

Darth Insipid knew that playing with lightsabers and Sith could result in bloodshed, but it was a sacrifice that he was willing to make.

Make it look good.

As long as Insipid’s group ‘won’ the plan would work. It might also let his group let off some steam. It had been a long slog.

With a flourish as he leapt to the nearest building, his cloak flowing and the face-paint whisked off, Insipid gestured with the Force and split apart the three of them so the team could take them on in isolation. There were a lot of dead Keshiri. But so be it.

Insipid called out. “Keshiri! Don’t lament - as the Destructors are here, so, too are the Protectors!” He ignited his blade to emphasise the point, and launched himself at Helinith, but in the Force he repeated the sentiment.

Make it look good.

TAG: @darthhelinith (combo with me), @darthbernael, @Anark, @Silvertough, @E. L. Knight (as and when), @Darth Kronos (Kronos)
    —-
    IC: Trayus

In orbit

Lord Manticore was awake first, and Trayus dutifully assisted the Zabrak from the carbonite chamber. The rest of the group were slowly coming to, and Trayus was aware that Mallace had been in the carbonite for less time, so would require less care, but also knew that Manticore was stronger than Mallace, so the droid need not appeal to him for long.

A quick once over to check for flash-blindness, and Trayus moved on to check Mallace’s eyes and stats even before the Sith was fully conscious. The droid drifted by a small repulsor, adding that it had been told was an ethereal quality to its motions. The droid liked that.

Now they had Sith present however, Trayus began to also activate the four old IG-100 bodyguard droids that stood in silence beside them all. They were extensions of Trayus, not prepped in any other manner. Sentry mode served, and Trayus had been directed to allow two be used to help the recovering Sith spar against. Manticore might like that, Insipid believed. He had been on ice for many months after all.

The other two were reserved. That made Trayus think of Soliloquy, who was strictly speaking in-charge until Manticore was able to act for himself. The Holocron had sacrificed his body to stop the Left Handed Lord, and Insipid had confided in his droid that he suspected Serapis had in-fact survived - if only because Typhojem had not mastered essence transfer when he consumed the Ithorian, and it only reasoned that Serapis would seek safety inside the Holocron.

Of course, Insipid couldn’t possibly know that shredding someone down to a molecule would have had a... deleterious impact upon Serapis, but it followed that it would not be much different to that which impacted Aryan. Cocytus was also around should any the wake-up’s go poorly, though Insipid knew of his repeated desire to restart the Rule of Two, so Trayus was... to keep an eye on him. The court IG-100 droids were here as much for the others as the Kaminoan.

However, Trayus also has instructions about Lord Ravenous, should Manticore have to deal with him. The droid turned to Leda; she was an unknown quantity, because Insipid had not interacted with her per se - Bo was similar to Anark at least in some manner, and everyone else he knew, but Leda? Leda was a curiosity.

Then it electrified it’s hand and plunged it into Ravenous.

“Time to get up!” The monotone voice of Insipid did not really convey the humour of the moment, but the sooner Ravenous was up and running the sooner they could move to Kamino. Insipid had cautioned against proceeding without a powerful and loyal Force user to hand.

Manticore was that; now for the next step.

TAG: @DarthIshyZ, @Mitth_Fisto, @QueenSabe7 (Leda), @greyjedi125, @WookieeRage, @Darth Kronos (Mallace), @Darth Cocytus (two tags)

4. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous
    A Blackened retreat..

The mental wounds were ever so deep. Memories were to be erased, a personal code of the Sith Spawn.

Yet here he was again.

It may have been a place the beast himself had created to keep the brain from completely cracking. It may have been made before or after the Mutations took hold. No, nobody, not even Ravenous would know. It just was.

He was in the blackened room, once again restrained by chains. They covered every inch of his body and he could only look forward. The recurring visions had no sense of time. A shadowed figure would shamble toward him from the Darkness. It would stop, doing nothing but stare the Sith Spawn in his golden eyes.

This place he had created was a far better place then some who had betrayed the beast disappeared to.

Something different happened this time as the shadowed figure's face morphed into Insipid's and thrust a hidden saber into his chest!
    -------------
    Current time..

Wake up!

The Sith Spawn let out a howl and lurched forward, grabbing at any of the fuzzy shapes; persons, around, before his fists latched onto a droid with it's hand buried into Ravenous' chest.

"Why the kriff am I still alive!?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 anyone else around.

5. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Darth Helinith/Discord
    Location: Kesh, creating chaos and hamming it for all she's worth, I might add

Chaos was such good fun.
    Helinith, standing on Renn's shoulder, surveyed her destruction with an air of satisfaction and laughed.

Her pleasing ruminations were interrupted by the arrival of some force-sensitive newcomers. Not to worry, they could take care of them. But she froze when she saw Insipid's face.
    ...That was soooo not fair.

"Him! I'm supposed to be mourning him, how dare he show up here in the flesh and ruin my fun." She grumbled her complaint at Renn. The others would not hear, she was too high up.

"Keshiri! Don’t lament - as the Destructors are here, so, too are the Protectors!" Insipids voice rose from the group below.
    "Ohhh where?" How exciting! History was playing out before her eyes, like in that play thing! Helinith turned her head to look around but was disappointed to see no one else appear.
    And then an all too familiar voice floated across her brain: Make it look good.

Huh? Oh. Oooohhhhh! OH!!
    Helinith laughed a deep booming laugh that wasn't particularly her own and swung her arm down at the group below with a voice slightly deeper than her normal one.
    "Protectors? I see nothing but a bunch of ragged bums with purple-stained faces and rusty swordsmanship.
    Let me introduce myself and my comrades. He's Turmoil, I'm Discord and he-" here she pointed to Bernael- "is Death.

Between us we bring chaos to every world we are summoned to. In the end days, a tree will threaten to steal the sky, a vampire will rise from the depths of hell and a raging ball of crazyness will..." here she paused for a moment looking for the right words,"...leave famine everywhere she treads. People of Kresh, your time has come, look upon the tree of turmoil and despair. Low, you shall know us thus, for our number is 444."

She laughed maniacally, raised her hands, and sent force lightning arching into the air.

Tags: @Sinrebirth (and myself), @darthbernael, @Anark, @Silvertough, @E. L. Knight (as and when), @Darth Kronos

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Serapis
    Location unknown by him, but really in one of Soliloquy's fascets

The Ithorian was done. He floated. He'd been taken to pieces, down to the last virtual atom by the Sith God, Typhojem. There was no cohesion left to what was left. Just... thoughts.

Tentacle

He'd floated. He'd drifted. Aimless, because there wasn't enough left to have an aim.

Typhojem. Scythe. Scythe.

He wasn't allowed to die, per se, because death would imply that his "body" had life and there wasn't a body any more. It was on a ship going gods know where.

Blood soup. BODY! Not dead. NOT.

The Ithorian had tried, best he could to stop the Sith God. In the end, it was the other way around.

Cut. Cut. BOOM.

Still drifting, drifting, drifting. It's all that could be done until he was picked up.

Mind shard. Ahh! Arm. Chop chop.

If he'd had any sense left, he would have recognized the friend. But sense would imply the Ithorian was still here. Please leave a message and the Ithorian will get back to you.

RUN!

The ramblings likely sounded like an insect buzzing in the ear of his friend. Annoying at best. The only sense the Ithorian possessed told him a color: purple.

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    In Orbit

With a snort, the zabrak took the eye-drops from the still fuzzy-faceless red-shape that was the medical droid and applied it himself. He squinted several times, and huffed out his annoyance in the process. Once again, he looked around. The salve was working, as things seemed a little less fuzzy, and clearing- at least enough for him to recognize the IG-100 guard droids.

Manticore almost smiled despite himself, but was pleased to ‘see’ something familiar at last. He immediately fell to the floor and began to do one-handed push-ups, just to get energy flowing through his stiff body. He didn’t even bother to check the new and multiple scars he now had from the many lightsaber stabs he’d received before being taken. He knew they were there and deemed them as unimportant at the moment.

It was then that an unclear sound reached his ears, which caused him to frown slightly. It was a muffled echo from outside the medical room, some kind of transmission. He’d just barely noticed it- catching the tail end of it.

what Sith do best - conquer, and take.

That voice…!

“Time to get up!”

Manticore was on his feet at once.

Before he could think or react, he turned to the sound of electrification.

“What...?”

Fiery eyes narrowed as the zabrak’s mind tried to fit the few pieces he had together.

That indeed had been Darth Insipid’s voice, yet he did not sense the Sith Emperor’s presence anywhere.

Neither was his warning sense blaring in his mind, which perplexed him for a moment. Was this some sort of elaborate trick? No, he was missing details, but he was among sith, of that he was certain. Be they familiar or not.

The red medical droid had done something to the large creature, for the darkside of the force churned powerfully at that moment.

The creature rose and lurched forward, grasping. Manticore managed to evade it as he watched with mounting interest; all the while trying to force his vision to improve with greater alacrity. This creature seemed strong in the darkside of the force.

After a moment, it finally grabbed a hold of the droid, then it did something unexpected.

It spoke.

“Why the kriff am I still alive!?”

A hint of a smile tugged at the zabrak’s lips. At least things might prove interesting now. His questions regarding the Sith Emperor and all that had transpired were held off- at least for the moment.

“Not yet your time to stay dead. Or mine.” He rasped in response.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @WookieeRage, @QueenSabe7 , @Darth Kronos

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy, and guest. . .Serapis
    In orbit

They had exchanged floating in space in one setting for floating in space over Kesh. Granted they had also added company to that situation, a reprogrammed droid that likely would try to kill them if they didn't find a way to enslave it better than the distracted Insipid, and soon four thawed and revived old allies. Well, perhaps that was stretching it a bit. Settling in their yacht were the remainder of the Sith not on missions, nor relaxing on the surface with the Kishiri, aboard the Stardust. A lovely named vessel that hearkened to a set of original plans for a weapon of mass wanton destruction. Rather fitting that they had made it their home base for now as they crafted and began their own plans that they believed might possibly take just as long.

Aboard was Cocytus, slightly smaller but still annoying with his murderous future prime Sidious AI. Also present was Serapis, somewhat, it had been a moment of nostalgia as he had floated in the vacuum of space above a shattered world amid bursted bodies of various sundries and deities. It was there they had felt him drifting away upon the solar winds and drew him in even as they as well were drawn in, so that a piece of Serapis had survived within the walls of Soliloquy in a recently vacated soul shard. For the first time Soliloquy was trying something new, something different. Instead of shattering a mind, or merely mending it to be useful he was trying to mend a soul, nurture it to grow into a person again. Although he did not let it use the speakers to speak vocally so others could hear it, he did allow it to hear what Soliloquy heard, to see what they saw, and slowly, perhaps, with the feedings of small bits of Soliloquy's own excessive and redundant bits of soul that he had stolen from others or no longer needed Serapis might become something else. Someway whole. That would be in time though, right now saving a life and growing one was proving to be a harsh growing experience. . .for Soliloquy.

Next stop was Kamino, baring any detours for resources, to get the Sidious AI a body of it's own. Redundant and more expense on a long shot payoff. Although they had their own plans for a second body.

However, the Stardust was present more medical ship than dooms day preparers accommodations. There was a variety of unconscious forms and carbonite slabs in the main reception area, with the bedrooms filled with medical supplies and whatever. In the weeks since Bedlam, Insipid had collected the slabs from the Bedlam area and also hunted down the loose ends of Twilight Sun - including the comatose Leda and one of those deeply irritating Sentinel droids. Now sporting a reprogrammed AI tentatively named Trayus, the crimson armored droid had been uploaded with medical data and was in-charge of their patients. His holographic face was of Insipid though, to at least bequeath the droid with a modicum of authority and perhaps lesson Soliloquy's own urge to fry the thing.

Trayus clucked over Leda, an odd personality quirk from the reprogramming, nursing her to consciousness, and then moved to the carbonite slabs of Mallace and, Soliloquy's own force of terror to impersonate on holocomm calls, Darth Manticore, who apparently had been collected by Snoke just after they arrived in this time. Among the comatose, but freshly healed, was Darth Ravenous, Soliloquy was rather at odds on that one. They were unsure how the man would respond to them no longer being a woman. True nothing had ever come of that attraction and any future pull was pointless at the moment, some things you shouldn't do with an aware annoying alarm baby of an apprentice. He was trying to heal him after all, not scar him worse for ever. Ravenous had been kept drugged to stay unconscious rather than raging, but he was to be awoken with Manticore. Soliloquy tried projecting an image of her old self, a full bodied hologram at least, but it kept distorting and looking unreal as they waited. The punctuating words that only they could hear seemed to shift and mix the image about like a transmission just beginning to be jammed, but never fading. It was hard to do that simple task with. . .that in their mind blathering about ontop of running the ship.

There was a repetitive nature to it which they had found some ability to function when not feeding that little mote and singing to try and sooth it. She was unsure if Ravenous' time as host to a deity of hunger had changed him further or left any effects. Being host to a speck was trying, how much so a Bedlam Spirit? Mallace had been placed in carbonite for her mental health and safety, but without Typh Mallace was being awoken now. In for a shock in for a lightning storm they supposed.

In Insipid's tones, their personal murder droid Trayus nodded to Soliloquy, who was ostensibly in-charge of Stardust, and even plugged into the ship's controls. "Awakening all four..."

Sedation was lifted, drugs to coax awake began circulating, and the carbonite chambers were each deactivated to decant their prisoners in time as one.

"... now." Trayus declared with a simple finality of a droid despite whomever's voice it imitated.

And so four Sith returned to the Order.

Manticore, the Master of Body was the first. Warrior on his feet despite whatever hibernation sickness he might be suffering. The question was clear although Soliloquy had to focus to remember what it was as the constant staccato from Serapis cut through. Probably about breakfast, no telling how hungry the man would be. At the short instance Ravenous was awoken, that question brought no joy to their shards. "Welcome back. Food will be ready shortly after you are deemed able to tolerate it. Typhojem is no longer a threat to this reality at this time. I am Soliloquy, the med droid is Trayus. . .knew a boy named that once. He died well. Well, as well as possible given the. . .shut up." They felt odd speaking in tones that sounded somewhat like their female body, although the rasps of the chorus bled through into those tones. It was no longer natural to speak with her voice, but they hoped it would sooth the beast and help the one that was waking. Then again there was that annoying voice.

"We are orbiting Kishiri, in a tiny ship. As you heal we can elaborate on everything. First thing first. Welcome back, all of you." They simply stated.

TAG: @DarthIshyZ , @greyjedi125 , @WookieeRage , @QueenSabe7 , @Darth Kronos

9. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Captain Lennox Jerod

Bellorum and Ike were deciding together whether to follow Jerod down basically into the depths of Hell. Well more like an outlaw’s paradise but Jerod considered it Hell and not exactly on his bucket list of places to visit. All things being equal he would rather be on Coruscant.

Or on a Star Destroyer far away from these two. And he was definitely having a word with Plo about his partner and her partner in crime. If there was a queue for throwing his son off the ship he thought that Ike would not be far behind in the throwing off stakes.

Ike and Bellorum had decided to come but it seemed they wanted to check out the local culture. Oh no you don’t Jerod thought you are finding my son first, and then you can enjoy yourselves. Perhaps I might leave you here for a bit, see how you like it. You might be coming back up in a jiffy.

Bellorum locked her arm through Ike’s asking “exactly what is proper attire for beating an unruly child?”

“Anything with a whip,” Ike said sharply, smirking at Jerod.

“You can borrow mine.”

This was probably an attempt to rile Jerod up but Jerod had been used to enemies trying to rile him up. And they had failed miserably. His stoic face came back on, which seemed more appropriate for this.

“He may be a nuisance but there is no excuse to whip a child, unless you want that on your conscience for the rest of your life.” he raised an eyebrow “Oh wait I forgot, I believe you Sith don’t have one. You’d beat up a child just for your own pleasure even though it is considered abuse”

He shook his head “Let’s see how you do with a kid strong in the Force and you will probably learn it is not as easy as you expect”

After that rather frosty exchange he followed Bellorum and Ike to the shuttle Bellorum still carrying a bottle of wine which was hacking Jerod off. Which was probably the idea. Another thing to add to the list of things he may talk to Plo about.

Bellorum raised the bottle as she boarded again riling Jerod up. But he was keeping his anger in check to explode would mean they had one. It was like dueling an enemy if you showed anything, any weakness they would pounce on it, especially the Sith. Bellorum had bested him at Hapes and Jerod had never forgotten that. OK so perhaps her fleet had saved his backside at Bedlam but that was no excuse for her to act as she was, Sith or not.

“Do you have coordinates for where your darling child ended up?” said Bellorum as she set her wine down on the table in front of her in the passenger cabin. The whip was still with her as well. Which concerned Lennox. He was tempted to do an un Imperial thing and show off his kicking skills by knocking the wine off the table. But that would be petty and that was not him.

“I do” Jerod said “Azzurri got the coordinates of where the escape pod was headed, I'll need to confirm with him where it landed but i’m sure he tracked it all the way. Once we land we’ll follow the trail, I'm sure you’ll probably sense him before we find him, if your senses are attuned enough even after your drinking binge”

Ike meanwhile was keeping his eyes on Jerod as he poured another glass for Bellorum. Jerod gave him what his Lieutenants and officers like to call “the stare”. The stare that meant you had probably done something so spectacularly bad that you would be cleaning the latrines for a month.

Being angry felt good but he still had to keep his poker face on. Especially in front of these two. He would feel more comfortable letting it all go in front of Plo as he trusted him a hell of a lot more than them.
    “So if you excuse me i’ll head off to the flight deck to make sure we get down to Nar Shaddaa in one piece and to confer with Azzurri about where my darling son has disappeared off to” with a nod he began to head off.

Going through the cabin he gave a nod and a respectful “Milady” to Hel as he made his way through the cabin. He respected her, she was of course an important person in the group being Plo’s heir and daughter. She was also probably a bit more understanding about things but she was a formidable warrior. She was also quite handy around the ship helping out Dr Jepsun and making repairs. She had also caught Carrusco’s eye and he had asked Jerod countless times if he could give her piloting tips.

To which Jerod replied that she was probably pretty competent in that department as well and that he would have to ask Plo for permission first lest he incur his wrath.

And then there was Aryan, sitting with Dr Jepsun and his female caregiver. If there was one person Jerod felt sorry for it was this man. Once a proud politician and Prime Minister, now he was a shell of his former self. Lennox hadn't talked to the man since they had left the other timeline but he had kept a slight eye on him. Besides, he and Aryan were the only two non Force sensitives from the group on the ship and he felt it was his duty to at least make sure he was OK. Well Lennox thought they were the only two...

Especially since most of the denizens on this ship seemed to prefer getting drunk to anything else.

He gave a respectful nod to Aryan too. The former Prime Minister and Lennox had only brief meetings before but Aryan had held together the political side of things for the Imperium whilst Jerod handled the military. He hoped to get to know the man more, perhaps be a good friend, or if not perhaps somebody at least the man could talk to if he felt he was alone in getting better. It was entirely up to Aryan but Jerod would ready if he needed him. Perhaps it would be good to have a person he considered a friend as he didn't really have any.

He moved into the flight deck immediately getting on his comlink and pulling his datapad out “Azzurri, have you got the co-ordinates my son’s pod touched down in?”

“Yes sir” was the reply and then some sounds of typing “Sending them to you now. Hopefully you might not get too much trouble down there” Azzurri sounded nervous.

“You do realize this is Nar Shaddaa we are talking about” Carrusco broke in “If it had a middle name it would be trouble”

Jerod was used to the more humorous side of the more experienced Lieutenant of the two. Of course Carrusco had tamped it down whilst in Imperial service but now he was free to let loose.

“Thank you Carrusco” Lennox replied “Just stick to the flying and we’ll handle the rest. Azzurri keep an eye on anything on the comms. If you hear anything regarding a Force sensitive little boy it’s probably my son, especially if he’s tearing up the place. Also keep an eye on radar see if anything comes near his location”

“Yes sir, good luck” this was also echoed by Carrusco.

I’m going to need it with Ike and Bellorum around he thought.

He nodded to the pilot that they were ready to go.

Time to descend into Hell.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent , @Sinrebirth , @HanSolo29

10. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Leda
    Kesh, in orbit

Curiously, Leda did not dream.

Perhaps it was the various drugs being pumped through her veins, or her injuries - possibly far worse than the medic initially thought. Maybe it was just her mind forcing itself into hibernation, the Force protecting her from what was coming.

She slept through the end of the war, through the reemergence of the Left-Handed Lord; she slept through the devastation and death and horrors, through half of the Empire being cleaved from the other. The last certain memory she had was that of an insane, greasy, highly-overpowered little boy with serious mommy issues, followed by receiving some remarkable wounds and arriving at the med bay. That’s it. Pretty traumatic, right? Well, with the right context, of course. But even then, she didn’t dream about any of it.

All was white, warm, and comforting. Like being swathed in a plush blanket to protect from the cold, lying weightless upon a cloud… drifting, and safe. That was all she knew for a while. Or was it just a few minutes? Days? Seconds? And did she actually know how she felt? She couldn’t know if she knew, because she didn’t know she couldn’t know what it was she knew.

Dreaming about not dreaming, was that a thing?

It didn’t matter. It was just empty. A blank state of nothing. Leda did not have the consciousness to care, and there wasn’t a single thing wrong with that.

Until there were… cracks. Spindling in from all sides, though there were no sides nor directions here. Just black taking over the light. Until the warmth left, like a drain opening up in a bath – sucked out and away. How could she sense that, though? With it went her safety, her nothingness… and she was abruptly very….

Aware.

Awake.

The first thing Leda felt, legit felt inside her body – oh she could feel that too, kind of - was air, rolling back into her chest in a cresting tidal wave. Her lungs filled as her mouth opened, inhaling deeply though it was excruciating to start. Oxygen scraping against dry and raw tissue, rushing past numbed lips and down her parched throat, she could practically hear the vital organs expanding rapidly, stretching out to accommodate excess. There was a vice around her chest that simultaneously squeezed and hauled her upwards, whether literally or figuratively she couldn’t be sure. She was being rushed up and up and up and UP….

“Time to get up!”

“Mmmuuuuughh…” was all she could groan, brightness creeping back in from outside, then fully saturating everything. Her eyes fluttered about behind closed lids for a moment, before an effort slowly peeled them open. Some sort of congealed substance had lightly glued them together, so one after the other they unstuck and blurred images popped into her view. Overhead lighting, a ceiling, machines… She blinked repeatedly as she registered the ringing in her ears, though she could make out voices – muffled and direct alike.

Next came her nerves and sensations, which brought Leda out of the fog and into a promptly sharpening focus. There was an IV in her right forearm, and adhesive there that kept it from being jostled. There were several patches stuck to her chest – heart monitors and various vital recorders, obviously. Bandages and bacta over several large areas on her abdomen and limbs, and resting over her face was an oxygen mask, though not tightly attached. She yanked an arm up to move it but it was dead-weight and instead smacked herself across the cheek, which did succeed in making the device slide away to one side. Though now her jaw cramped uncomfortably.

Dumb, she cracked to herself.

Focus, then the Force in full. Several signatures pinged into existence as she was finally able to see properly, looking up from her position upon her back. Only one had a modicum of familiarity to it, a little bit of another, though in the state she was in it was not enough to be able to clearly define. Her body had heated, blood pumping quicker through her extremities to the extent that she struggled but managed to prop herself up on one elbow, knocking a thing or two over in the process. It made some noise, but whatever.

She was so damn thirsty.

First spying a droid in red facing away, plus two or three other ones she’d never seen, her head lolled forward but she caught herself and locked-in her neck muscles. Leaning back slightly to return her sightline forward, her yellow-green eyes widened as they looked around and, much to her drugged-up surprise, the rest of those gathered were all faces she had seen before. Long ago, mostly.

A woman with white-striped hair – hers was an old memory from a time she had nearly forgotten about. There had been a ship and a nightmare… too soon to try and sort that mess out. Her head was beginning to throb.

A creature – Ravenous, whom she had fought beside once. The former Wookiee looked fearsome yet dreadful at the same time… and she thought about how awful she must look, wiping crust from the corner of her mouth with the back of a hand.

There was that cold Kaminoan she had met at some unremarkable point, but he was rude and she remembered she didn’t like rude. Frag him.

Last, a beast of a zabrak that she gasped at the sight of. “Lord Manticore?! she blurt out, astonished. She had never actually met the renowned warrior, but oh did she know of him. She had thought him dead, all of them had… or so she had assumed. How in the frigid hells of Hoth…

With a surge of energy, Leda shot upright and gripped the sides of her bed with both hands to keep from falling off.

“Where the kriff did all of you come from?”

"Welcome back. Food will be ready shortly after you are deemed able to tolerate it. Typhojem is no longer a threat to this reality at this time. I am Soliloquy, the med droid is Trayus. . .knew a boy named that once. He died well. Well, as well as possible given the. . .shut up."

She turned and swiveled while listening to whatever nonsense that was – Typho-what? - unable to find the source of the disembodied voice. She didn’t know it. And didn’t recognize the name… Solil-huh?

"We are orbiting Kishiri, in a tiny ship. As you heal we can elaborate on everything. First thing first. Welcome back, all of you."

There! She found it. It was coming from a… thing. A floaty thing. No body or face. Just a voice and thing. Maybe she was still high. No, she definitely was.

“How about you welcome me back with the gift of wa-terrrr,” she grumbled, curling back down to lie on her side, all of a sudden very stiff and tired. “And why don’t you have a head?” Leda wasn’t looking at what she recalled would be a holocron, but that’s who, what she directed her question at. It wasn't meant to be serious, but it made her uncomfortable with how it was suddenly apparent she had missed some stuff.

A lot of stuff.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @Darth Kronos @Darth Cocytus @WookieeRage

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  11. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Darth Ventris
    Purgatory

The second he crossed the threshold of the roof, he could sense his rescuer’s confusion and disappointment. He must look a sorry state, after all. The corpses, carcasses, and chaos that had sustained Ventris (for Ventris he must be, under the circumstances) had also left him quite emaciated and unable to maintain his usual ruse. The beautiful and upright visage of perfection had fell away in favor of this hobbled form. He was, however, still aware, and more importantly agile, enough to avoid the coming onslaught, albeit ungracefully. As he fell onto the ramp, he was vaguely aware of his former master leaping to fend off the first wave of an attackthat would undoubtedly overwhelm them if they didn’t promptly make themselves scare. A low rumbling suggested someone else might have had a similar suspicion.

Suspicions, too.

Addled though he might be, Ventris and Vos had been of sound enough mind to begin to question the nature of this rescue. How could this man have found his presence after so long, and yet not known what he was set to discover. Unless, Ventris was all that was left to be discovered. Unless, Vos had lost control of his cloak that had protected him in his absence. Unless, he who hasn’t been named simply never realized the truth about his long lost rival. There were many questions, and neither Ventris nor Vos had the authority or capacity to answer them.

Ventris stared bemusedly into the blackness that had been thrown back before him. As he was throttled into alertness, he heard the words that he had longed to hear for so long. Which were any words at all. As such, Ventris chose to pay close attention as they washed over him, even through the din of the destruction.

“Lightning, now. Now! Together!”

A peculiar request of Ventris, but truly, he couldn’t be talking to anyone else. Well, Ventris supposed he could muster up the last vestiges of his once unbridled rage. His arms raised almost on their, and despite the overwhelming hardships and indignities that he had since suffered, a pure, unadulterated power coursed through his body. For, of course, it must. It wasn’t as if he could die, here, on this loading ramp. The ensuing storm of blue-purple energy could have blinded him, but Ventris didn’t care. His laughter rang out over the sound of the engine and the roar of the massive monsters below.

Perhaps he would be Vos soon, but in this moment, Ventris felt as if he had never been stronger. At least until he passed out.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

12. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    C-c-c-c-c-combo! with Sinre
    ICs: Darth Helinith and Darth Insipid

Location: In and around the fountain, not hamming it up, rather giving Helinith and Insipid fans value for money. Aside from that, it's good publicity.

Helinith watched Insipid launch himself at her as the group below split up, and had a moment of doubt.
    Did I do it wrong?
    No, no she told herself, he's attacking you because you're his enemy. Take it as a compliment.
    Oh right.
    And you should probably climb down from Renn, he won't appreciate loss of limb from a stray lightsaber blade.
    "Good point." she said aloud, to herself.
    "Catch me if you can," she yelled and slid down Renn's back to the ground, looking for a safer but equally as public place to fight. The fountain that she'd been messing about in a world away looked as good as any a place and she ran towards it, leaping gracefully onto its top-most portion.
    Oh yeah. Make them wait for it and boom.
    She put her free hand on her hip and took what she considered to be an arrogant pose of evilness.
    "Despair at my superior might, old man."

“Destructor!” Insipid roared, pointing his lightsaber at her as he caught up. Keshiri witnesses cowered in the various damaged buildings and the like. “I stand between you and your victims!”

He leapt forward, slashing down at Helinith, a secret grin on his face. Insipid already planned to catch himself if she riposted, and use the Force to pivot around her.

Helinith was not to trifled with after all.
    What Sith couldn’t take the opportunity to ‘accidentally’ strike down their Master?
    She countered, meeting her blade to his, before pulling away and swinging around to the other side. Bit messy she thought to herself. need to tighten up. But then again, it wasn't like any of those watching were duelling experts.

Insipid pushed off the ground as she countered, cartwheeling over her swing, his cloak flowing. It was a showy move, but they needed spectacle today. The Keshiri gasped as Insipid did. He landed on the other side of her attack and shoved his hand out, grinning, shoving her hard with the Force.
    You were supposed to overthrow me one day, remember. That's the rule. Why not have a go today?

Psssft. Then I'd have to start making decisions about important things and deal with politics. That's boring.

Helinith let the force push knock her back and fell into the fountain below. Alas, wet through for the second time that day. She growled and sent an enormous force push into the water as she got up. It wasn't very offensive but it looked spectacular as the water flew into the air around them.
    You owe me a punchline too. Can't kill you and leave that hanging.
    She swung her lightsaber into the heart of the fountain, attempting to sever Insipid from his high ground advantage.

Insipid threw his hand up, catching the water in the air. The light caught the droplets, sparkling... And then the fountain tipped, and Insipid's eyes widened. He had liked that fountain.
    Casting aside the the water, he leapt down, position himself so he could catch the fountain with his outstretched hands, hurling his blade at Helinith as he did. He shouted out at some Keshiri in the building which would be hit as the fountain fell. [Out!] He shouted in their tongue.
    They rushed to move, and Insipid, for all intents and purposes, looked like the imperilled hero. He erased a grin, pretending that the exertion was taxing him. But after this little show, he would stop playing. He needed to see what Helinith could truly do when pressed. He would need her at her sharpest in the days to come.

Oh boy. Wish I could take a photo of this.
    She watched the 'struggling' former master and chuckled internally. She usually felt it her duty to provide the humour but he was doing a cracking job so far.
    Perfect time for a villainous monologue. Helinith strolled slowly towards him, blade drawn and her body poised with a dangerous, regal intent that Insipid had seen many times before in a previous life, though never before been on the receiving end of.

"How droll. That you would drop your defence to put the lives of these pathetic creatures above your own."
    Helinith felt a little guilty about calling them pathetic. The Kreshi had been so nice in the previous world, fetching her drinks and sweets. She hoped she wasn't doing permanent damage to her reputation. "The thing is, you can only hold off the inevitable. One way or another, this planet will burn and its inhabitants with it. That is the way of things. Peace is an unnatural, temporary state of being that drugs the weak-minded into a false sense of security. Chaos drives the weak to become strong. Chaos will consume peace wherever it finds it, so it is written. We are its heralds."
    She also hoped Abolith wasn't listening in on this. She didn't want the ancient being to get the wrong idea.
    "Herald of the pathetic, protector of peace, look upon Discord and despair."

Insipid grinned through his grimace. Very droll. Helinith was exacting in her humour, even if he felt a pang of guilt from her.

As she stepped forward, he summoned ‘hidden reserves of strength’ and shouted out. “I’ll never let you hurt another Keshiri!” He screamed, and a sphere of Force emerged from him, blowing a trench in the ground beneath him, righting the fountain, and throwing the water in all manner of direction. The edge of the sphere would brush Helinith, sending her stumbling back - or worse, if she was ill-prepared.

He dropped to the floor, gasping, apparently vulnerable. “Keshiri - I need your... your faith. Your prayers. Please, help me -“ Insipid spoke in their tongue, his head bowing.

“I’ll pray!” A little child said, and dropped to her knees, the adults looking dumbfounded. Another child joined her, and another, and then an adult. “To the Protectors! May they be lifted by our faith! And vanquish the Destructors!”

Insipid side-eyed Helinith, who would detect the curl of the Force upon the first child, twisting her to speak at all. He stood, eyes glowing red, yellow and then, finally, white. He thrashed his arms as if composing music. “Yes, my children, I can feel your power - now I can - now we can - defeat the Protectors.” From his hands erupted a brilliant red lightning, bursting forth to rush at Helinith.

"What a ridiculous sentiment." She eyed Insipid and stumbled back from the force push as the first child spoke but swung her head towards the second like an enraged, venomous snake.
    "What are you doing? No. Noooooo! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

As Insipid's lightning arched toward her, she snuck a flashbang off her belt with the force and detonated it on the floor at the moment of impact. Ears ringing and blind, she used the momentary cover to fall to the ground quite comfortably and arrange herself as suitably 'unconscious' pose.

TAGs: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael, @Anark, @Silvertough, @E. L. Knight (as and when), @Darth Kronos

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  13. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus was in deep meditation, focusing on the power of the dark side, during the voyage to his home planet of Kamino. Or rather, this Universe's version of it, as the planet he knew was lost to the Left-Handed God. Such pointless connections were nonetheless disconnected a long time ago in age he could barely remember. It was years now since the kaminoan, Afan Te died, along with his family, only to be reborn as Darth Cocytus, standing over their bodies with crimson blades in hand. That was when his life truly began, and with Darth Sidious at his side, will truly fulfill it as his apprentice, craving the power of the dark side, before ultimately embodying it. Such is the way of the Rule of Two, which Cocytus saw as his destiny to restore. In the meantime, there was much to learn and much to do...

The sudden beeping disturbed the kaminoan, who slowly peeled open his eyes, glowing yellow in black sockets. Then came Insipid's voice, saying that they were close and it was time for the rest of the crew to awaken. Cocytus stood up and looked down at his body, his gloved mechanical arm, which was a lesson of mistakes he will surely not make again. It was yet another reminder that only a fool would see themselves as perfect and not find anything to better themselves at. Perfection would make life boring and stagnant after all.

Cocytus exited his chambers and entered the Carbonite Room, where Trayus was already helping with the other Sith. The kaminoan didn't care for any of them and only saw them as obstacles between him and his destiny of absolute power. After all, not only that, but none of them trusted him either, as his ambitions were no secret anymore. Nonetheless, he joined him in aiding the awakening crew, helping Leda from her chamber before moving on to the others.

Cocytus then stood back and awaited further instructions from the Emperor. It was a shame that while on Kamino, they won't be able to get Sidious a new body. Still there were many ways and many places to get a clone body. It was always only a matter of time...

@Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @QueenSaby7, @greyjedi125, etc

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The following is another combo with Lady Belligerent – thank you so much!! :D

IC: Aryan Graul, Dr. Cal Jepsun, and Valieri Denora

Shuttle, Nar Shaddaa Orbit

The shuttle was a liberating, yet daunting experience, a curious combination that immediately played into Aryan’s insecurities. While he remained fairly eager to go down to the planet and participate in the supply run, some of that fervor began to wane by the time he entered the cabin with Dr. Jepsun and the caregiver at his side. It began with the hike from his quarters to the hangar, which had proven more strenuous than he anticipated. He was already beginning to feel fatigued, and it certainly didn’t help when he discovered that they would not be making this journey alone.

Several faces stared back at him from the seats lining the passenger compartment, many of them familiar, but he could not recall all of their names. He remembered Admiral Jerod’s kind disposition and Hel…

But the others?

They were essentially blank slates.

Aryan took this all in with some reluctance and seemed to shy away from any social interaction, his eyes focused on the floor at his feet and his lips parted with exasperation as he leaned heavily on his cane for support. When the doctor ultimately led him to a seat in the back corner and strapped him into his restraints, he practically crumpled against the padding, his right hand beginning to curl toward his chest in a spastic way. This was an outward sign of his growing agitation...and regression.

It was quite common for any change in a brain-injured person’s surroundings or routine to cause a regression, if only temporarily. Fortunately, Jepsun leaned in to engage Aryan in conversation as a way to provide both reassurance and encouragement.

“You’re doing great, just remember this is supposed to be a fun excursion,” the doctor conveyed with a smile. “We are going shopping – what do you want to buy?”

Aryan pursed his lips and furrowed his brow, clearly thinking through his options. It sounded like such a menial task, one that he otherwise would not consider, and yet he found that only one thing came to mind…

“Spiceloaf,” he announced in a slow drawl, the fingers of his left hand unfurling from the cane in his excitement. It clattered noisily to the deckplates as he raised the same hand to indicate the size of the loaf with a sweeping gesture. “B-Big...very--good. For, er…” He pointed to his chest, his lips miming the word, but unable to fully articulate it. He compensated by making another broad arc with his hand. “S...Syr--en.”

A weak smile crossed his lips, seemingly proud of his accomplishment. The spiceloaf was a reference to his time with Syren onboard the Luxury Elite. After a harrowing experience in the kitchen, which ultimately led to a passionate night in the bedroom, it now served as an inside joke between them. He wanted to pay homage to that, perhaps as a way to bring them back together.

“And...uh,” Aryan continued brokenly, his left hand coming up again to gesticulate wildly. “T--tee...er, Tevraki? Ta...whisk--whiskey...vintage. For--uh...for...later.”

Exhaling deeply, he appeared content to leave it at that, but then he noticed the flamboyant man staring at him from across the cabin. Their eyes met briefly before the man drew back and offered a curt nod. The gesture appeared simple enough, yet that's not what had initially bothered Aryan; it was what he saw reflected in the man's gaze – pity and regret.

Both directed at him.

Aryan involuntarily shuddered at this notion, his jaw clenching tightly with nervous tension. “What...also,” he continued suddenly, his speech becoming more disjointed and slow. “I...we, er...second...a second,” he winced, pointing directly at himself. “Aryan...Graul. Yes...uh, second...one, er...replace...de--defect...tive...”

He slapped his left hand against his opposite shoulder with frustration. “Aryan...Graul.”

The doctor might have said something else at that point; something about the Force, perhaps? Whatever it was, Aryan didn’t care to acknowledge it. He simply shrugged his shoulders and looked away, his gaze fading into the distance...as if lost.

“Spiceloaf and whiskey, eh,” Cal said, “that should be easy enough to locate.” He had been observing Aryan’s motions, and saw that he was getting agitated, so Cal leaned over and took the man’s hand and began massaging the tension out of the muscles. He worked on the back of the hand first then moved to the palm and wrist. Cal didn’t speak until he was gently working on each finger, “you can’t imagine everyone that looks your way is judging you,” he whispered. “Remember, low stress.” Then Cal gave Aryan’s hand a squeeze of encouragement and support before letting go.

“You know,” Cal smiled, “I might pick up some whiskey as well since those two are likely to wipe out the bar stock,” he tilted his head towards Bellorum and Ike.

Despite his right hand remaining immobile upon his lap with the wrist still bent slightly at an odd angle, Aryan had responded relatively well to the doctor’s impromptu massage and gentle words of encouragement. His shoulders visibly relaxed and he unleashed a weary sigh as he closed his eyes briefly to reorient himself.

The only discernible sign of his lingering anxiety came when he sat up and turned his gaze to once again study the two figures seated across the cabin. It was hard enough to overlook the stares and whispers of those around him, particularly from those who had known him before his injury, but this was different. They made him uneasy, a feeling that only continued to intensify now that Jepsun had casually revealed that the duo also had a drinking problem.

Fortunately, the doctor did not allow him to fixate on that subject for long. He offered up another distraction to keep Aryan’s mind stimulated on positive emotions and experiences.

“What about new clothing?” Cal looked at his own jacket, “we need a few things so we fit in our current situation.”

Aryan initially frowned and glanced down at himself, noting the khaki pants, plain collared shirt, and faded jacket that currently made up his attire. While his clothes were somewhat ill-fitting due to the limited nature of their supplies, he didn’t find anything wholly unsuitable about them. At least, not at first. Aryan wasn’t typically concerned about such matters outside of his professional persona, but now he found himself beginning to agonize over the idea of his current wardrobe not containing any of his tailored suits. He had lost them all, which meant that he could never return...

With a sharp intake of breath, Aryan shifted uncomfortably in his seat and inclined his chin to seek Jepsun's face. In his distress, he suddenly viewed the doctor’s question as an excuse to exploit the one thing that continued to haunt him – his recent obsession about returning to work.

Over the course of the past few weeks, he had a tendency to bring it up whenever the opportunity presented itself, despite having no one or nowhere to serve. And that didn’t even account for the fact that he was incapable of performing his political duties in his current state. He either didn’t perceive that, or didn’t care; it all looped back to his compulsive need to prove himself.

“I...I, er--suit...need, uh...suit,” he stammered with a desperation he couldn’t quite conceal from his voice. Reaching up with his good hand, he grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled on it for emphasis. “Suit...return...uh, I return...work. Much...work.”

“Work...,” Cal repeated Aryan’s desire and looked thoughtful and pursed his lips considering what his patient had said. “Working just might be helpful in your recovery, Aryan,” Cal finally said, “only if you will refrain from anything that causes you to get agitated, and you must agree to work with the droid that Hel has programmed for your speech therapy sessions.”

Cal knew this was going to be a sticky subject, but doing speech exercises was the most ideal therapy to improve Aryan’s speaking issues. It would be a small step forward, but maybe getting to work would be the incentive to motivate Aryan.

For the moment, he remained adamant. The elation Aryan had felt upon receiving permission to work again instantly faded when the doctor revealed the stipulations involved. Of course, there were always stipulations, but he hadn’t expected the man to assign a droid as his speech therapy coach. If there was one thing he did not lose through the effects of his injury, it was his animosity toward droids. It was a minor annoyance that he couldn't explain; it was just one of those things.

And now Jepsun wanted to torture him with that one pet peeve.

A scowl crossed Aryan’s features at that thought, his right hand curling once more in accordance with his mounting tension. “Kriff! I...n-no! Nee...no-dra--oid!” he spat as he sat upright against his restraints, his words slurred to the point of near incoherence. His blue-gray eyes then roamed erratically around the cabin until they came to rest on his caregiver, who had been observing the entire exchange in silence up until this point.

He extended his left hand and pointed at the woman accusingly. “She-a...te--eech.”

“Teach? You want me to teach you?” the caregiver asked carefully.

Aryan only stared at her with an intense glare, his jaw muscles bunching periodically in relation to his growing anxiety.

Valieri offered a wan smile and leaned forward slightly. “You know I’m not trained for that, Aryan,” she explained softly, resting a placating hand on his thigh to calm him down. “I can only do so much. Dr. Jepsun is right – you need a professional speech therapist in this case, and the droid is programmed specifically for that purpose. It will help you get better.”

She nodded and sought the doctor's approval out of the corner of her eye. “Think of the rewards if you do this, Aryan – you will be able to work, carry out tasks on your own, and regain some of your independence. That’s a fair exchange, yes? The sessions are only for a few hours each day.” She gave his leg a light squeeze. “Will you do this for the doctor and me...for Syren?”

Pursing his lips, Aryan’s expression sobered as he considered this proposal. He still didn’t like it, but she had raised a solid point. He truly did want to get better, plus he would do anything for Syren; to prove that he was capable. This was an opportunity to do all of that...and perhaps even more. He would be foolish to throw it all away over a minor aggravation.

With a resigned sigh, Aryan nodded his head slowly and slumped back into his seat. “Ye--yes...deal,” he muttered quietly, averting his eyes away from his caregiver. He sat in silence for a long moment, seemingly content to study the many intricacies of the back of his hand, including the imperfections, hair, and skin patterns; he was once again lost to his addled mind.

But before the silence could stretch on for too long and turn uncomfortable, he snapped out of it and found his way back to the present.

“I…but...I, er--work,” he reiterated in a more lucid tone when he spoke again, finally glancing up to meet the doctor’s gaze. He made a small circular motion with his hand and patted his jacket before continuing. “And...if, uh...work--must, er...I...outing first. Must...suits...I, um...I--er, buy...suit...work, right?”

“I could use a decent suit too,” Cal smiled, “so, let’s seek out a decent haberdashery once we land and get measured. They can make any necessary alterations while we go find the rest of our supplies.”

A weak smile turned up one corner of Aryan’s mouth with satisfaction. “Yes, uh...good,” he replied simply, reaching up to run his hand down over his face and through the rich fullness of his grizzled beard. His actions were more fluid, an indication that he was more at ease with both himself and his immediate surroundings.

He was ready; he could do this.

Exhaling deeply through his nose, Aryan relaxed back against the headrest and closed his eyes as he awaited their journey to begin.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent; @Sinrebirth; (@QueenSabe7 & @Jerjerrod-Lennox for brief mentions)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  15. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Combo with my brosefs - Darth_wanderguard and Snokers

IC: Plo Wanderguard (aka Haretisch), Anark, & Syren

Shuttle, en route to Nar Shadaa

Storming into the hangar with a singular focus – get the kriff off this ship -, Syren skidded to a halt when she saw him, as distracted as she was she had missed his presence in the Force entirely. She hadn’t seen Aryan since the day before and she missed him, verymuch, but watching as he was being helped aboard another shuttle by that clingy medic who was always by his side…the assassin grimaced harshly and turned away, her resolve to leave tenfold than a minute ago.

Eyeing Haretisch, because that's how she still referred to him, she lazily padded her hands over her gear for a check as she closed in on the former Night Herald. He turned before she reached him, her appearance clearly unpleasant to look upon. Syren rolled her eyes at him, blocked from saying something rash by the arrival of their third – Anark.

Recognizing the Sith from some time ago, she only gave him a once over to refresh her memories and then fell in step as they made for their vessel. She collapsed into a seat behind the pilot’s seat and began tying back her mostly dry hair into a messy braid.

“I need a job,” she replied to Haretisch at his request for excursion ideas. “We always need more funds…” Though, that was never why she hunted.

Anark kicked back in the seat adjacent to Syren and watched her tie back her hair.

A beauty

Anark shrugged off the observation and hushed the voice who spoke it. He ran a hand through his own freshly cut hair and whistled to the assassin for her attention.

"What do you think," he asked, turning to display the sides of his head, "I call it a saber-fade."

He giggled a hyena-like giggle, beginning to register that she looked to be in no mood for idle chit chat.

"Nar Shaddaa," he mused aloud.

Anark turned his wide-eyed gaze to Haretisch, leaning forward in his seat.

"You look to have made a good recovery," and he couldn't resist a last bite, "Imperator."

The Inquisitor chuckled again. He remembered the recommendation of shedding their Sith names for their jaunt onto the Smuggler's Moon. He stood and offered a hand to neither of his two comrades in particular with an ear to ear grin.

"Ralf Nimrad. What a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance!"

Syren glanced from Anark to Haretisch and back several times, brow raised. The boys clearly had a thing between them, which she gladly ignored. "A pleasure," she replied distractedly, moving on from her hair to rummaging through a small knapsack she had brought along for the trip.

She paused, locating what she sought as she brought her eyes to meet Anark's. "I have no name." A small barrel flask appeared in her hand as she dropped her bag and nodded towards her Lord, taking a quick nip.

"Where is it we are going exactly? I'll need to know what type of scum we are dealing with - high-paying or scraps-for-scraps types."

"Scum is scum," Anark offered. He bit his lip at the sight of Syren's flask, now wishing he'd had the presence of mind to take something along with him. "Where better to hit first on the Smuggler's Moon than a local bar? We're bound to find some traders."

He eyed Plo, the man's silence beginning to unnerve him a bit.

Anark strapped himself in and waited for the pre-flight checks to be completed. He just wanted to get his feet on some planetary ground now.

Plo exhaled as the shuttle’s engines hummed to life, pre-flight checks complete. Something about flight checks always seemed to devour his undivided attention, and he would have had to start them over had he paused to answer.

“Well...” he began, glancing back to Syren just briefly, conscious that he was joining a conversation in progress, “what then should Ralf and I call you, no-named one? In any case, he’s right,” he noted as the shuttle lifted off and he eased it out of the hangar and into free space. “Everything that happens on Nar Shadaa has its genesis in a cantina.”

“It’s not a world I’ve been near,” Anark kicked back further in his chair and studied his nails as the stars flooded the viewports, “back when I was at the academy...” Anark was distracted for a second by the notion that the imperial flight academy he spoke of didn’t even exist yet in their new... setting, “There was a gent there who’s brother frequented a canteen in the Corellian Sector when he stopped over to refuel his ship,” he giggled “He was witness to a thing or two on The Moon”

He caressed his lightsaber hilt with a finger, thinking how far he’d come, how different his life had been just a short number of years ago.

His mind was as still as a lake in the clearest of days. He liked it.

And he... somehow liked this quiet moment with the two Sith.

Having noted Anark's reaction to the sight of her drink, Syren begrudgingly held out her flask for him to take, having had her fill for the flight. She had only needed enough to ward off her current symptoms, and prepare her for the future ones, too. "I won't say no to a cantina," she added, leaning back in her seat to stare off out the viewport. "Seedy dives are where I've always found my rewarding stints, before..."

She slid her eyes across to Haretisch as he eased them onto their course. "That's where those who will pay the most go, to be noticed the least." Part of her wished to ask him why Hel wasn't along for the ride, as she found herself wishing that the young girl had been to some... minute degree. She shook it off with an impatient cluck of her tongue.

"As for a name," she redirected lazily, considering. She'd prefer to keep it simple and stick to her old code name - The Baroness. But that was clearly not enough for this mission, it needed to be... specific. "Let's call me... Valyn. Valyn Serrick." Syren nodded once to herself, remembering one of her standby fake names she'd use for lodging or identification purposes. She'd stolen if from a mark, a rare unremarkable kill that no one cared to notice. That had made it a perfect name to assume as her own.

Anark polished off the last of his drink and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

He could see Nar Shaddaa getting closer through the viewport, moving steadily upward to greet them.

“Am I right in assuming we’re concealing lightsabers,” he asked, scuffing the back of the pilot’s seat with his boot.

He became preoccupied for a fleeting moment thinking of his twin. Where was Bokanyaar Etraa while Anark was deep in Hutt space in a time that was not his own? He was unsure if the Force would even notify him if he had perished.

TBC..

TAGS: @Darth_wanderguard @Snokers ( @Lady Belligerent @HanSolo29 & Snokers again, lol - for mentions )

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    In Orbit

His vision was improving with growing rapidity now, and that was good.

The zabrak Sith Lord stood to one side for a moment and let events unfold as he observed them and pieced things together, one by one.

The red medical droid; Trayus. He could see it much clearer now. It wore Darth Insipid’s face, or more accurately, a holo-projection of it. It also mimicked his voice somewhat. Interesting.

Issuing the slightest chuckle of bemusement, and for the briefest second, he did wonder if the medical droid’s alphabetical designator was the letter 'B'. Granted, that would be a bit obvious, but still somewhat humorous. Not to mention, it would also serve as a reminder of unspoken truths.

Now, he’d never heard of a Darth Soliloquy, but the disembodied voice of the sith greeted them all, informed them of their whereabouts and teased them with the promise of food. Manticore long ago learned to draw from the force for sustenance, thanks to the extreme training he’d undergone. The consumption of matter had now become a less dire necessity, despite still needing to be tested for poisons and the like before consumption.

At the mention of Kishiri, a memory blossomed in his mind. For a split second, he saw the face of a beautiful Kishiri female; she was a sith, both beautiful and fierce. What was her name? He could not immediately remember. But before he could focus on it, the image vanished.

Manticore frowned slightly. Something had happened to his highly organized mind, and that did not please him whatsoever. Still, he could not focus on that at this very moment as there were factors in the room that required his attention.

Like the weapons carried by the IG-100 droids. He could always ‘borrow’ one of theirs if the situation demanded it, seeing his sole possession at the moment was a simple black tunic swathed across his scarred muscled body.

It wasn’t that he did not wish for his possessions, but ‘mere possessions’ were temporary, and situations always changed. He had to be ready for any and all threats, any permutation of danger. To be free of necessity and dependency, where foes could manipulate the outcome of an engagement. Be that as it may, he would always have his hate and the power of the darkside.

Of note, the hulking creature, who's race he could still not place, was the greater possible threat at the moment. It caused no discernible spikes outside of what was standard.

The red droid now moved-on to attend a sith female still in carbonite, while the first female arose from her own slumber with a lurch all her own.

Manticore regarded her as she gained her bearings. He did not know her, but appreciated how she forced herself into the conscious world- gathering her strength, eschewing vulnerability.

At a glance, he noticed the lack of ‘red’ in her and found it curious, though he knew that in some cultures ‘white’ was just as powerfully frightening as red or black, if not more. A detail for later.

Finally, she managed to get herself upright. He almost smiled.

“Where the kriff did all of you come from?” She asked, sounding rather parched.

“I wonder …” Manticore found himself answering. His fiery eyes glanced at a nearby counter where he spied several bottles of water.

Hmmm.

As a test, he used the force to call a bottle to his waiting hand, which he succeeded in doing, although he knocked a second bottle in the process.

Regain finesse. He made a mental note to himself.

“How about you welcome me back with a gift of wa-terrr…”

Manticore walked over to the sith female and extended his arm, bottle in hand.

He held the pose, but slowly turned his head as another sith walked into the med bay. This, a tall kaminoan he had never seen before. His physical form appeared frail, but Manticore could feel his strength in the darkside -as well as something else.

This one’s threat level was different. More…direct. Manticore made a mental note and observed him for a few more seconds before returning his gaze to the white haired sith female.

“Take it.”

He said simply.

Indeed, a lot more needed to be revealed about this new situation he found himself in. But he was patient.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @Mitth_Fisto, @WookieeRage, @Darth Cocytus

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  17. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Combo with Snokers

IC: Renn Turon and Bo Etraa

Renn felt Helenith on his shoulder and smiled, it was quite fun fighting alongside her. And then the chaos increased. He sensed more anger, but not Keshiri anger, directed at them. He didn’t understand, ‘Who else here would wish us ill?’

He saw Bernael tense, felt Helenith do the same. ‘Uhoh, they must know some of this threat, but how?’ And then he heard a voice that sounded familiar yell out something.

“Sith Lords! The Destructors have arrived and are terrorising the Circle!”

‘How is that Lord Insipid here, I just saw him disappear with the portal? And who are these Destructors?’ So much going on, so much he didn’t understand.

And then, from his shoulder he heard Helenith laugh and speak up. "Protectors? I see nothing but a bunch of ragged bums with purple-stained faces and rusty swordsmanship.
    Let me introduce myself and my comrades. He's Turmoil, I'm Discord and he-"
    here she pointed to Bernael- "is Death.
    Between us we bring chaos to every world we are summoned to. In the end days, a tree will threaten to steal the sky, a vampire will rise from the depths of hell and a raging ball of crazyness will..." here she paused for a moment looking for the right words,"...leave famine everywhere she treads. People of Kresh, your time has come, look upon the tree of turmoil and despair. Low, you shall know us thus, for our number is 444."

‘Turmoil, Discord, Death? What in the kriffing heck is going on here?’

He began to turn and then felt a massive push through the Force, one that flung Helenith from his shoulder well away from him, and he toward the nearest Plaza wall. Then a thought came from Bernael. ‘Do all you can to regroup, they cannot win, at least not as easily, if we are together.’

He turned, shrinking down some, hardening his hide against saber strikes, and looked upon the plaza now. There was a Lord Insipid, but it felt a little different, who was facing off with Helenith, two beings had approached Bernael, a Miraluku and a human. ‘Oh Gods, the vampire isn’t playing.’ When he looked at his old companion he saw two things, his friend, and a black hole of Force energy.

‘Ok, enough is enough. Playing is one thing but Bernael doesn’t seem to be playing. We were supposed to come here and do something for his old mentor, and now that man is attacking us. I’m tired of this bs.’ In his anger, he grew a pair more limbs, two taking up sabers, one retrieving a blaster from his belt, and the last beginning to crackle with Force energy. His eyes took on a deeper yellow color, and he began a slow stalk toward the human that had appeared before him.

He paused for just a second as he felt a thought coming from the Insipid facing Helenith, ‘Make it look good.’

‘Oh I plan to!’ He thought as he began weaving the sabers in an intricate pattern, the lightning now arcing from his fingers to the ground, creeping toward the foe before him.

The paint was still drying on Bo's face. He felt a few beads of sweat already forming on his forehead.

At least Insipid had confirmed that his rank had in fact survived the strange jump between worlds.

The Executor winced at the sight of Renn. He was quite a disgusting thing to behold. Readying his blaster in one hand and extending his staff in the other, he charged toward the Neti.

Bo was knocked back before he got within ten feet of his foe. The lightning that had taken him at his feet reacted badly with his chrome plated armour, sending a painful current through his entire body.

He groaned and forced himself back up onto his feet. He could smell burning.

He wasn't entirely sure how much he was allowed to hurt Renn but the first blow had been a violent one and so he decided his retaliation would match it.

The Executor sprinted toward the Neti once more and feigned a tackle, rolling sideways at the last second and releasing a six round burst towards Renn's feet. The amount of extra limbs his target had alarmed him but he went for it - swinging his staff to connect with Renn's hardened face.

Confusion disappeared into the heat of battle when Renn flinched sideways a step at the bolts coming at his feet, the shards of paving stone ricocheting against his legs. That slight hesitation gave him just a hair of a second extra to react to the blow coming for his face. Turning it slightly away, he further hardened the side of his head. To his luck, doing so made his head rock but lessened the force of the blow.

Returning to his previous shape, lifting his head back to vertical, Renn turned his head slowly, his yellow golden eyes blazing now. “My turn” he growled.

The appendage holding the blaster whipped around, blazing shots around his opponents feet as he stepped forward. Thrusting forward with his free hand and pulling back as he reached out through the Force to pull his opponent close he attempted to minimize his ability with the staff.

The other two first twirled the sabers in their grasp, clashing against each other, sparking and hissing before spreading out. One stayed close, thrusting forward aiming for his foe’s midsection. The second moved out then swung down from his left, seeking the juncture between head and shoulder, at the join in their armor.

Releasing the pull, his free appendage moved close to his torso, preparing to defend or strike, depending on how his foe reacted.

The Executor caught Renn's sabers on his angled staff, a look of deep offence crossing his face, followed by a hot fury.

He shoved at the Neti and broke the blade lock.

He threw his blaster and staff to the ground in one motion and raised his armoured fists, adopting a melee stance, the sun glinting on his gold-chrome form. He so hoped the beast would be a sport about the challenge.

As the saber lock broke, Renn stepped back with the shove from Bo. His head tilted, raptorlike, as he saw Bo toss his blaster and staff to the ground. ‘Interesting’ he thought as he returned his head to the vertical, anger fading.

A grin broke out on his face. Moving fully upright, he extinguished his sabers, clipping them to his harness, the blaster returned to its spot as well. He shrunk himself slightly, to match his foes height, feeling his density increase as he did. The two lower appendages melted back into his form, and his two upper ones thickened as they did.

He moved his right foot back, turned perpendicular to his left, arms came up, hands closing into loose fists. Laughing, a shocking sound in a place where battle was raging, “Let’s play golden boy.”

Sliding forward in his combat stance, Renn kept his left fist up, blocking, and thrust forward with his right, turning his torso and shoulders as he did, aiming for a spot under Bo’s blocking arms, on his torso.

The laughter continued. He may not know why these Sith were treating them as foes, but if they wanted to play, he would indulge them.

The blow to his midsection was surprisingly hard. He felt it through the plating.

Insipid would be looking for a result soon and The Executor knew the creature would take a more convincing faux beating than his very human face could.

He levelled a jab at Renn’s hardened face, then returned with an uppercut with his other hand, connecting at the chin and taking him to the floor.

Bo got down and straddled him landing a half dozen more punches and putting on an excellent show.

Crack crack crack

He was suddenly very aware of the onlookers. This was a good exercise for all that pent-up energy.

Renn felt the punch connect to his foe, rocking him momentarily. And then the man came for him. First a straight punch to the face, then an uppercut.

He knew they had to end this soon, or the Keshiri would begin to think about the fight. As such, he let the jab rock his head and brought it back in time have the uppercut catch him just right.

Adding just a touch of Force push to the ground below him, as the second punch connected, he lifted off of his feet and fell heavily to the paving stones. Immediately the man straddled him and began punching him heavily in the face and upper torso.

With each punch he let his body rock as if the blows were hitting a normal being his size. Sending a thought, ‘Nice touch’ to the man, he put himself into the Neti hibernation, apparently knocked out by the beating.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Snokers, (@Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith - Mention Only)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  18. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Combo with Silvertough and Kronos

IC: Azeth Drost
    Enroute to the Circle Plaza

The question hung in the air unanswered, unmentioned, unheard. Had he even asked it in the first place? Drost furrowed his brow in confusion. I’m losing it, plain and simple. There’s no other explanation for it.. Why am I beginning to forget..? Am I only now forgetting things..? How would I know otherwise? His thoughts grew more panicked as beads of sweat grew on his forehead. ..How long have I even been here? Have I always lived here, on this strange planet?

“The Destructors have arrived and are terrorising the Circle! “We shall show the Keshiri that we are the Protectors of legend! We need to capture the Destructors and show the Keshiri they are safe!”

Past memories dragged themselves to the forefront of his mind, forcing themselves into view. Memories of exploring the many winding streets and back alleys of Tahv, of the clamor of merchants peddling their wares from among the open-air markets, the savory smell of cooking meat which seemed to cling to the breeze.. Tahv was not a simple pit stop in Drost’s quest, no, it had become something far more: A home.

A Protector! That’s what I am! Of course! Drost lept up from his seat grinning wildly, ignoring the clatter of his mug hitting the ground. Keeping such an important secret is hard, no wonder I’ve been so worried recently, what a relief!

The Miraluka jogged along besides Insipid and the others, eager to reach the Circle, for there lay the evil Destructors of legend, his true foe. The force told Drost a different story though, a tale which only added to the fires of self-doubt still burning deep inside.

There certainly were three beings up ahead within the Circle, and they were certainly different from the local Keshiri, but their auras were practically identical to his own.

A deep, blood red. That of the Dark Side..

More lies spread by the Destructors! More proof that they need to be stopped! He rationalized internally.

Insipid had called out Drost’s target, an Anzati. An Anzati which stood defiantly dead ahead, lightsabers at the ready.

A silver-hilted lightsaber jumped out from the confines of Drost’s robe, into an outstretched hand. For the moment, he kept it dormant, preferring not to telegraph his opening stance..

IC: Darth Bernael
    The Circle Plaza

As he’d predicted, Renn and Helenith had let off steam, in their own unique ways, dealing with the Keshiri. As they did, Bernael covered both of them, deflecting bolts, projectiles, and other manner of destruction that was aimed their ways. As the chaos diminished, he could refocus on the same/not same Lord Insipid. He did so just in time to catch his words to a group that was with him.

“Sith Lords! The Destructors have arrived and are terrorising the Circle!”

He could feel the group, four of them at least, headed in their direction. He felt the thought that this Lord Insipid sent out omnidirectionally, so was certain it was meant not just for the group with him, but also the trio here. ‘So, yet another game, a very dangerous one he plays, but still a game.’ Bernael thought.

Bernael’s eyes shifted from pools of black to appear the void of space and dark energy began boiling forth. In less than a heartbeat his sabers leapt to his hands. As their ‘foes’ closed he was formulating a message to send out to the other two and then Helenith spoke, from her perch on Renn’s shoulder.

"Protectors? I see nothing but a bunch of ragged bums with purple-stained faces and rusty swordsmanship.
    Let me introduce myself and my comrades. He's Turmoil, I'm Discord and he-"
    here she pointed to Bernael- "is Death.
    Between us we bring chaos to every world we are summoned to. In the end days, a tree will threaten to steal the sky, a vampire will rise from the depths of hell and a raging ball of craziness will..."
    here she paused for a moment looking for the right words,"...leave famine everywhere she treads. People of Kresh, your time has come, look upon the tree of turmoil and despair. Low, you shall know us thus, for our number is 444."

As she finished speaking, he saw what appeared to be his old friend leap onto a wall and gesture. When he did Bernael felt himself flung almost to the wall of the plaza, and saw Renn and Helenith flung in separate arcs just as far. Just as a Miraluku and a Human appeared before him he sent one last thought. ‘Do all you can to regroup, they cannot win, at least not as easily, if we are together.’

Now to focus on the fight, dropping into a crouch, his sabers blazed to life, one midnight black blade hilt low, pointed up and slightly to the left, the other similar blade almost horizontal and slightly tip out to the right.

“You want me Protectors, you will have to show you can take me!” his low, gravelly voice issued forth as he prepared to see what these, unknown to him, Sith could do.

IC: Darth Kronos

Make it look good.

Insipid's order rang through Kronos's mind like a broken music player - constantly repeating itself until it became extremely annoying.

This "fight," as was now obvious, was to play out more like a scene from a holo film he liked to watch as a child: operatic and over the top, complete with matching dialogue that complimented the scene to a mostly child audience. The memory that this scenario conjured was one of the few childhood experiences that remained uncorrupted, and so he allowed it to linger for a few moments longer.

Returning to reality, he faced the Anzati, his "opponent" for the evening. Drost was already in combat with him, both proving to be quite the combatants while each engaged in battlefield insults, as Kronos liked to call them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First the Miraluka appeared, one unlit saber in his hand. Bernael studied this foe, just skimming the surface thoughts. ‘Interesting, this one seems unaware of the overall plan, as if he’s delved so deeply into his role on this planet he’s become the role.’

Moving away from the plaza wall, Bernael began to shift more toward his right, keeping this foe and the human coming up, in his sight. The wall was a good deterrent from attacks from behind, but he also needed to follow his own advice and, as the combat progressed, draw it toward Renn and Helenith, so they fought as a team.

His sabers traced lazy arcs through the air as he waited to see what his foe had planned, as he moved. His mind reached out again, looking for any opening in the Miraluku’s mental defenses. One way or another this combat would begin in earnest soon.

Drost slowly shifted his weight to his back foot, raising his unlit saber back behind his head pointing towards the Anzati in a loose Soresu opening stance. He took long, deep breaths, slowing the beat of his heart to a steady rhythm, all the while making sure to bolster his mental barriers.

Drost’s smile remained constant as he stared into his foe. He had always believed Anzati to be but a myth, a bogeyman warned of by parents to keep children from misbehaving. He never would have dreamed to see one in the flesh..

“Your false bravado will be the cause of your downfall Destructor!” He called out, his voice full of pomp. “I will not allow you to cause any more harm!”

With the introductions out of the way, Drost ignited his lightsaber, the crimson red blade springing to life with a snap-hiss, tucking his off-hand firmly into the small of his back, the ready position of the fencing style of Form II. He held the hope that displaying elements of both lightsaber forms would throw off his opponent, for any misstep could and would be exploited by the Miraluka.

Bernael watched as his foe prepared himself, the dark pits of his eyes following the motions. The fogginess that swam through the being’s mind resolved into him ready for combat. He could feel the mental defenses being strengthened and a half grin momentarily formed behind the mask before returning to his usual, neutral, expression.

He saw the saber rise, the beginning movements of a Soresu. And then his opponent spoke.“Your false bravado will be the cause of your downfall Destructor! I will not allow you to cause any more harm!” It was a rebuke of his own statement, and added to the drama of the fight, letting any Keshiri who dared observe know that the myths of their past were fighting for the soul of their holy place.

A second tiny grin formed as he saw the Miraluka modify his stance as his saber lit, a mesh of Soresu and Makashi. ‘This one is a well trained duelist, good.’ He knew his foe would be waiting to exploit any opening given so he must not give him one.

The sabers, whose tips had been circling, slowed their movements. His feet moved shoulder width apart, knees loose. In a modified Jar’Kai opening stance his left hand moved down, the blade pointed down and outside his body, to the side. His right moved toward mid torso and crossbody, tip upward slightly.

A hair of a nod toward the Miraluka and the battle commenced. In one movement, Bernael’s left hand simply blurred, saber extinguished, latched to his belt, and his hand continued moving, using the Force to grab a dropped offering pot, left by a fleeing Keshiri, behind his foe and pulled sharply, making the pot fly forward. Letting go of the pot lightning began crackling between the fingers of his left hand as Bernael himself surged forward.

His right hand saber’s tip came up, back across his body, arm rising. In the last few steps before the Miraluka, he sent a bolt of lightning arcing toward the being’s feet, the shock and clap of the electricity hitting the ground covering the rapid diagonal slide he made, right hand saber slicing down and across his body toward his foe’s left thigh as he slid past.

The Anzati’s opening attacks were flawless really, a notion which brought Drost needless ire. It was simple in its redundant perfection. If one attack missed or was redirected, a more powerful attack would sweep in from a seemingly random other direction, and if that missed, another attack would take its place, all within the manner of a few seconds. Drost, as much as it pained him to admit it, was rather impressed with the display of it all.

A being worthy of the title of Destructor indeed.

Drost’s senses shifted into overtime, pouring over each minute detail of the coming attacks in a 360 degree bubble of consciousness he pushed out from his corporeal form. He had no need to face each coming attack, his vision came through his access to the force, so he remained facing the rapidly approaching Anzati, outwardly defiant.

His first concern was of the force pulled clay pot. If he were to simply slide to either side, he would be off balance, leaving himself open for any number of follow-up attacks, which, now looking longer at his foe’s open hand, was likely the next step. He could redirect the pot with his own force push, yet that would leave him less likely to deflect any incoming force based attacks..

Why not kill two birds with one stone then, deflect the pot, and the Anzati? For lack of a better plan, Drost dropped any pretense of utilizing Makashi, instead planting his feet firmly shoulder-width apart, palms of each hand facing each other a foot apart. His lightsaber floated slightly to his right, blade pointing down to the ground, ready to be snatched at any moment. All the while, he began amassing a powerful force repulse centered between his palms. Drost would allow the Anzati to come to him, to bring himself into lethal range..

Naturally, this all hinged on the Anzati using the pot as a diversion to move in for the killing blow, if he diverted at any point, Drost would be cut down for sure..

But no, other than his foe deploying lighting, Drost was not worried, the polar opposite in-fact. His foe suddenly slid towards him, his lightsaber’s trajectory seeking to deprise Drost of his left leg. It was perfect, he would be blown away in the shockwave, leaving him open to be speared by my blade.. A quicker end then he deserves, no doubt..

The Anzati’s blade inched ever closer to his left thigh, the heat singing the hairs of his leg from within his robes, the signal to which Drost released the building power gathered between his fingertips, a force shockwave he hoped would be powerful enough to send his foe flying..

Bernael felt the power growing inside the Miraluka as he slid close, for a being lacking in emotion sometimes they did come forth, and the grin that slid across his face, beneath the mask, was a testament to that. ‘This is going to be more fun than I’ve had in a while.’ he thought as the beginning of the shockwave hit. ‘Of course beings forget just how fast Anzati are.’

Just as the shockwave hit he dropped the lightning and let the push shove him away, even adding a bit of his own push to make him fly further. The power of it was impressive and he turning the flying motion of it into a roll, bouncing off the wall with his feet, Pushing as he did so. The energy he had built up while flying away, his own strength, and that of the Push made him fly back toward the foe in front of him at an equal speed to what had thrown him away. Almost as if he’d never been gone. He landed the leap several steps from the Miraluka, brought his saber up to a salute, then smiled grimly.

“So the Protectors have strength, such a pity it will be lost when we Destructors take this world.” Bernael twisted the words with Force power, imbuing it with scorn and the sense of the ‘Protectors’ inevitable defeat. ‘I certainly hope we are putting on a good enough show for Lord Insipid’ This thought was sent, narrow beam, directly to the Miraluka, who from skimming his thoughts he now knew to be named Drost.

His hand reached up, his mind lancing into the clouds, drawing them rapidly close. As the clouds streamed in thunder began to sound, drawing ever closer. As the sky darkened, lightning flowed downward from the sky and up from the ground, into Bernael’s armor. The sigils on it began to glow, brighter and brighter. When the light of the sigils had become almost blinding, he pointed the blade of the saber still in his hands at Drost and unleashed a pure, deep, blue bar of intense energy.

Kronos watched the two duel each other for a while, as they gracefully countered each other while likely contemplating their next move and the potential future series of attacks by their opponents. For a while, Kronos enjoyed being a spectator, albeit waiting for an opening, and one was soon discovered when the Anzati focused his power to create a Force storm of sorts and launch a massive amount of energy at Drost.

But at that moment, the Anzati left himself vulnerable. His attention was primarily focused on Drost, and that gave Kronos ample opportunity to make his presence known. From the sidelines (near the cafe they were just at), just out of reach to be harmed but close enough to get a decent view of the fight, he snuck behind the Anzati to make his move, hopefully before Kronos would be seen.

He gripped his lightsaber and ignited it - its crimson blade casting a small aura of light around him - before aiming a powerful swing at the Anzati's waist.

To make it look good.

Because there would undoubtedly be consequences if he didn't.

The sight of the Anzati flying backwards from his shockwave put on smile on Drost’s face, as premature thoughts of victory raced through his mind. It didn’t last long, as his foe, through an impressive series of acrobatics, launched himself off a wall, right back to where he was standing but a moment ago, rendering Drost’s shockwave futile.

The smile faltered, replaced with an aggravated sneer. “Your threats mean nothing, when you cannot back them up with action!” Drost called out, shrugging off the twisted words as he recalled his previously floating lightsaber to an open hand. “Your senseless violence ends n..-” Drost’s voice trailed off, confusion readily apparent across his face as he processed the thought which had so easily penetrated his mental barriers. H-he’s working for the Emperor as well?! But he’s a Destructor!

He shook his head, ignoring the wriggling doubts crawling within his consciousness, choosing instead to focus fully on the duel. His foe had taken the respite to gather force energy of his own, channeling the atmosphere itself to create a powerful thunderstorm. Drost lowered his stance, planting his feet firmly to the ground, lightsaber held with both hands in front of him blade pointed skyward, directly between him and the Anzati. Lightning was of no issues, his studies of tutaminis seeing to that. A faint smile returned, born out of self-confidence.

But this wasn’t simple lightning. The blue wave arced towards him as tremendous speed, almost too fast for him to follow, even through the force. When it hit, the energy arced hard into Drost’s lightsaber, using it as a conduit to transfer directly into his body, practically ignoring the weapon entirely. The Miraluka let out a roar of emotion, forcing his body to produce as much adrenaline as it could, all to power the act of “safely” absorbing the attack. He staggered, the sheer power of the attack threatening to knock him over, but ultimately remained stable. With one final effort, Drost channeled the over-abundance of energy into his feet, slowly dissipating the now harmless energy into the stone below.

Drost remained defiantly standing, his breaths coming out in ragged bursts.“What, is that all ya got?” he said, spitting on the ground between them.

The energy blast, summoning it, and directing it had certainly taken some out of Bernael, especially after the grueling session, in another time, another Kesh, with Lord Insipid. But he was what he was and just kept on. His senses screamed just after the bolt left. His mind leapt out and felt the new foe behind him, and the saber swinging toward his back.

There was time to dodge, but only. However, with the drain, he decided the most prudent course was to allow his armor to take the blow. It struck just above the kukri along his waist, the armor taking most of the blow, but still driving him forward a step, and to a knee for a moment. ‘Have to let the Keshiri see that the Protectors are strong enough to save them.’ he thought.

Taking rapid stock of the energy he had allotted to this fight, he knew he was running through them, but there still seemed enough for now. Coming to his feet, spinning sideways, keeping both foes in view, his free hand reached inside his cloak, coming out with several daggers, flinging them, his mind spread their trajectories so that they came at the man from multiple directions.

While they flew he contemplated how he was going to end this without any of them being seriously injured, after all this was a show, and he knew the “good guys” had to “win.” It would all hinge on what his foes did next.

And then the weakened rebuff came from Drost “What, is that all ya got?”

A dark, grating, chuckle sounded from Bernael, “I’m just getting started, Protector.”

With his blades in flight toward Kronos, he turned his attention back to Drost. Knowing he had to husband his Force strength, he reached back inside his cloak, pulling forth several small, fragile spheres. He flung them up, and like the daggers headed for Kronos, he flung them with his mind in random arcs, all eventually headed for the Miraluka, the arcs timed so they would intersect at the same instant.

He faltered for a moment as he flung the spheres, ‘Must have used more energy than I thought.’ Knowing then that he was exhausted after all that had occurred today and knowing that he could not, would not, turn into the raging hunger that would consume all around him if he let it, Bernael decided it was time to end this fight. Keeping his focus on Drost, and the spheres headed toward the Miraluka, he reached out with his mind, catching a pair of the daggers that were headed toward Kronos.

He halted their flight, twisted them, and sent them hurtling back toward himself. To anyone who was witnessing the fight, it would appear that the ‘Protector’ Kronos had done so himself. In the last instant before they struck, he shifted open the back plating of his armor, so as not to damage it or have it deflect the daggers.

They struck, one above the other, just where the heart would be on most beings. As no one outside the groups fighting knew what he was such a wound would surely appear mortal. He could not deny that it caused pain, but that was all. However, just after they struck, he slowly collapsed to his knees, then face down onto the ground, seemingly dead. A quick check for a pulse, or heartbeat, would give no evidence of such, hopefully until they were away from this place.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Silvertough, @Darth Kronos, (@Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith - Mention Only)

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    GM Update 1 of 2

IC: Bellorum
    Nar Shadaa

“I’m trying to decide whether it’s amusing or down right annoying how Jerod is convinced we will be drunk when we leave the ship,” Bellorum told Ike. “Insipid made sure I knew how to purge the effects of alcohol from system before he sent me out on my own.” She raised her glass in salute to Ike with a broad smile. “I mean, come on, this isn’t our first ronto round-up,” she said and drained her glass before setting it down.

The shuttle eased flawlessly into it’s assigned berth, Bellorum wondered if she needed to pay for parking up front or when they returned. Maybe she’d just remain silent on that just in case Jerod decided to be clever and try and leave her and Ike to find their own ride back to the Dreamer. That name bugged her, she didn’t didn’t get why Haretisch had wanted the name changed.

Cal released his, and Aryan’s, restraints after they landed. His right hand lingered on Aryan’s arm a moment before moving to the man’s shoulder with a reassuring squeeze, “you’re going to be just fine, so breathe and try and enjoy this.”

Hel was slipping on a jacket and looking out the viewport, she was visibly excited by visiting Nar Shadaa. “Do you want to go ahead and scout out an apothecary? Aryan and I are going to shop for clothing,” Cal said, “afterwards we can meet for some food and decide which direction to go for the rest of our needs.”
    Hel nodded quickly and made for the ramp, which was barely locked down before she fled down it and disappeared from view. Cal sighed softly and turned his attention back to assisting Aryan.

Bellorum held a small hand mirror and carefully adjusted a hairpin. She hoped her estimate of what it would take to sedate Xander was accurate, but what was the worst that could happen if she overdosed him? He’d probably just have an extended nap, she thought with a small shrug as she returned the mirror to her bag and stood to leave the shuttle.

She watched the physician helping Aryan Graul from his seat, and she nodded to them as they were leaving. “Something about that doctor creeps me out,” she told Ike as soon as Cal was gone, “ready to go?”

Jerod had landed this as close to where Xander had landed as possible, but it still meant a bit of a hike through a crowded entertainment district to get to. Bellorum linked arms with Ike as the trio walked down a street lined with colorful lights and large display boards advertising all sorts of sinful activities offered in the establishments. “This is making me feel sentimental,” Bellorum laughed, “I really miss our Luxury Elite.”

She acted like a complete tourist and pointed out various sights as they walked. “Look at that, Jerod,” she pointed at a larger than life image of a nude Gamorrean that was cuddling with a toydarian, “did you see what that thing was doing with it’s snout?” The image quickly changed to one of a circle of Twi’lek women that were all knitting. “I like this place!” Bellorum told them happily as she hurried down the streets.

Meanwhile, Cal took Aryan’s hand as they walked. It was a few blocks to a haberdashery that Cal had located. He didn’t want to just wander around looking for one and tire Aryan out too quickly.

He stopped before they entered and pointed out a caf shop that would be a good place for Valieri to wait for them. “You don’t want to just stand around in here while us guys try on suits,” Cal told her, “we will join you once we’re done.”

Tag: @HanSolo29 @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Sinrebirth

20. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    GM UPDATE 2 OF 3

IC: Plo WanderguardNar Shaddaa

Valyn and Ralf.

“Well... effective pseudonyms I guess,” Plo noted as he pulled on the flight controls. “Certainly not a name they’ll believe anyone would take by choice, in either case.” His voice was flat and he wondered if he would be taken more seriously than he intended.

“Am I right in assuming we’re concealing lightsabers?” Anark chimed in and contacted the pilot’s chair with his boot.

‘Kick the back of my seat again and both our lightsabers will be concealed up your backside,’ he wanted to say, but bit his tongue. Anark had only just calmed down and he didn’t care to kick that Mynock’s nest again quite so soon.

Instead he thought for a moment. “I don’t think lightsabers are so rare as in our time... our previous time, I mean. But it’s still attention we don’t want to attract, so stick to vibroblades and blasters if things go belly-up. Unless they go very belly-up. And no obvious use of the force, obviously. That would be even worse.”

When the shuttle finally set down in Mezenti Spaceport, upon disembarking the trio would step into a slippery, ever-moving knot of lifeforms both human and alien. Neon buzzed above every corner advertising services of every kind, from restaurants to brothels and every appetite and addiction in between.

Plo straightened his jacket and reminded himself to kill Doctor Cal for bringing Hel down here.

It was odd, having to blend in now with this sort of crowd. No polished stormtrooper armor, no cloak and hood. No salutes, no groveling servants or underlings, no verbose titles. Lord Imperator indeed, he thought somewhat bitterly. This gaggle of lowlifes, filthy miserable wretches had no suspicion that he could crush them all by simply a reach of his hand. And yet such shows of power had only brought him low - from Night Herald of a galaxy-spanning empire to one-half owner of a hideous yacht. Power and all its trappings had never been very important to him, but had become a fact of life anyway. One he had taken for granted.

“There,” he announced, pointing subtly to one particularly seedy cantina down the street. “Might as well start with the worst of them.”

Simply walking into the place left him feeling the need for a shower. In the far corner, some poor woman was vomiting onto the floor as her date held her hair back. In the opposite corner, someone else had already done the same and found somewhere else to be. Directly next to the bar, yet another patron emptied his stomach onto the floor in passing and simply kept walking, without so much as stopping to reflect on his own discomfort.

On a raised stage in the back, a Pa’lowick singer was fronting a Jizz band either far past their prime or who could never play in the first place. The singer swayed amusically to the noodling of the flutist and organ player, belting out nonsense vocals at what could be politely described as an excessive volume.

In short, Plo was questioning his decision. Still, there were prospects. Some shady types hiding in the few corners which hadn’t already been vomited in. He gave Ralf and Valyn each a firm pat on the shoulder and a push forward. “Find somewhere dry to sit, and make yourselves seen. I might not order a drink though.” They both looked rather like rough customers - he doubted they would have to wait long for trouble to find its way.

TAG: @QueenSabe7, @Snokers

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Post 3 of 3

IC: Darth Insipid, Greater

Kesh, the Circle

Helinith, Renn and Bernael were ‘down’, in suitably dramatic fashion, thanks to Insipid, Bo, Kronos and Drost. A very good show. Similarly, Hades, Morrigan and Esme had withdrawn to Kronos’ yacht, but even Insipid had caught Esme’s guarded look back at Kronos.

She was going to cause them issues, Insipid was sure.

Nonetheless, the Keshiri cheered. Insipid enjoyed the moment, gesturing Kronos, Bo and Drost closer. A fine band. He spoke up. “People of Kesh! We Protectors thank you! The Destructors have been defeated!” Another cheer.

“Let’s kill them!” A Keshiri shouted.

“Alas you cannot,” said Insipid, looking solemn. “If you kill a Destructor they merely abandon the mortal body and take a new skin. Instead we shall take them away and imprison them - in our metal carriages.” He gestured up, and their yacht appeared. The crowd was in awe.

The God’s had truly descended.

“We have a larger carriage, which will bring more shapes of Protectors than you know. Horned ones; long necked ones; male and female. We have technology from the Sky, which we shall share with you. But first, we would celebrate our victory!”

The crowd is exploded into joy and hysteria. But of course, the Sith would know that Insipid had encouraged it.

They had their first base of operations.

—-
    Later

In due course, the Keshiri assembled them a truly magnificent feast, gathering them and other Keshiri chiefs from the nearby villages and cities. Insipid called down the Stardust, allowing the crowd to go insane over Manticore, Leda, Cocytus, Ravenous and Soliloquy/Serapis. Insipid noted the conspicuous absence of Mallace, who was apparently collapsed on the floor after the thawing out. Saadi remained frozen, for now.

The four droids walked Trayus down the ramp, and the group was dutifully escorted to the Great Hall. Keshiri chiefs in regalia and servants rushed to serve the Protectors, until Insipid held out his hand and, having noted Zalen had finally arrived, held up one of the ornate glasses for attention, as the new Grand Lord of Kesh.

As he did, Insipid gestured and the Keshiri in the room, indeed in the surrounding city, froze, trapped in a stasis field. Two of the droids stalked out, to ensure the city was not interfered with.

‘My Sith friends. It is good to see those of you that are here. Allow me to firstly introduce three new Sith to our numbers.” He gestured, and the ‘Destructors’, were escorted in by Trayus. “Bernael, Helinith and Renn,” Insipid confirmed, gesturing to the Anzati, woman and then Neti.

“These Sith have been drawn from the reality that was devastated by Typhojem, after we failed to prevent His release from the Well of the Dark Side on Mortis.” He eyed Manticore, who would recall the duel with Haretisch, who had been duped by Typhojem into serving Him. Manticore had held one part of the Key to the Well, and his temporary death released it. “They have survived the Eternal Apocalypse, or, rather, the End of Time, and came to join our Order at my behest. Please applaud their performance as the villains of our story.”

He smiled and lightly applauded.

“I would also welcome back Manticore, Leda, and Ravenous,” he said, gesturing to the Zabrak, the woman, and the Wookiee-Sithspawn, who had been served fresh uvak, a meat which would ordinarily be poison to anyone else. “Fresh from recuperation, or, with Lord Manticore, imprisonment in carbonite by Snoke.”

Insipid looked around. “On Mortis the Dark Lords found a unique double-pyramid Holocron, a Celestial Holocron, which was destroyed while I and Soliloquy,” at that, Insipid indicated the multifaceted Holocron that was active. “Accessed it. It told us of Snoke, and a Rule of Seven. This was a differing rule of the Rule of Three, which the Triumvirate had followed until the War of Three.”

“We discovered that the Empire of the Hand was faked by this Snoke, an inordinately powerful darksider who was in league with Typhojem.” He was explaining this for the benefit of anyone who had not been present, be it by carbonite, a differing timeline, or simple medical issues, like Leda. “Snoke took control of the First Order, my Neo-Imperial faction which was working on advanced Imperial designs, and lured the Order to Bedlam, a world which was on the edge of realities, much like our own Kesh, or indeed Mortis.”

“Snoke attempted to access the World Between Worlds - a secret realm the Celestials hid. With it, Snoke could access any point in time, and change events, we discovered...” Insipid grimaced. “We managed, together, to send much of the Order across - Lord Haretisch, Lady Bellorum, Syren, Hel, Aryan,” Insipid remained unhappy about that, but continued. “Dr Jepsun, Anark,” at that, Insipid lamented the loss of his former apprentice, but of course Bo would lament the loss of a brother, ”and my husband, Ike”. Insipid paused for a moment. “We don’t know where they are, or may be, but the Door was shut and Snoke abandoned Typhojem to fade back to the reality we fled. We know that Snoke will likely attempt to find another place where he can cross the divide, and we must stop that.”

“That means we have tactical, strategic, and Force-related goals to complete. Tactically, we needed a base of operations, and we now have Kesh, thanks to Vizier Bo, Lord Kronos and Apprentice Drost in their efforts ‘capturing’ the Destructors.” He raised his glass to them, and toasted them. “The Keshiri believe in the Destructors, who every dozen millennia emerge to devastate and reduce civilisation to primitivism, and the Protectors, who step up to stop them.” Insipid shrugged. “May as well take advantage of that. So, I expect you all to be courteous to the Keshiri, for now.”

“We have a variety of missions to undertake. To restore our Empire; to create a Resistance to Snoke; to tie up the loose ends from the War of Three. After all,” he said with a short laugh. “Bo, Zalen and Leda were on the opposite side of the war to me!”

“So, we have a feast, and you will have a choice of missions. But remember - our overall goal is to bring Order to Chaos; nothing more nor less.” He gestured with his glass, his words slurring slightly. This was good wine. The Keshiri did good.

“Before I release you to your festivities, I shall be assigning some pairings, so keep up.” He fluttered the fingers of his free hand. “Manticore, you shall be paired with Leda... Soliloquy and Helinith, come see me, if you would, after my speech. Kronos and Esme; you two will always be paired because... well you won’t contribute otherwise. Bernael, you shall be formally paired with me, as my apprentice... Drost?” He looked for the Miraluka. “Your new Master is for you to pursue - pick someone here who intrigues you, and you may convince them of your usefulness.”

And so Ravenous had been stripped of his apprentice as punishment for briefly considering an alliance with Snoke...

... by the end of his conversation with Soliloquy, Serapis would be separate from Soliloquy and Helinith would be paired with her new master. They would need to decide where to go when he handed out the missions. Insipid sensed Renn would follow Helinith, but Serapis would need time to recover, thus the twist for Helinith.

But Serapis would be able to lead Helinith and Renn to a specific mission too, assuming he wasn’t too dislocated by Typhojem all but killing him. Insipid made no move to formally acknowledge Renn. He had no need to. Not yet. The Neti had performed admirably against Bo, so he might be curious about that connection.

He didn’t even acknowledge Leda, but in due course he would. She and he needed to talk, he suspected. A lot had happened.

Lord Hades would be secretly tasked to track down Arach, the strange woman who had been with her, and Finis. It was Hades’ personal mission, and not connected to wider plans; they didn’t have the strength to counter the First Order, not even one in hiding in the Unknown Regions recovering from the War of Three.

“But for now!” He swung his arms out wide and open. “Today we celebrate the reunification and rebirth of the Sith as the First Sith Order - for in this time, and this reality, there are no lingering Sith spirits, secret apprentices or Holocrons - there is just us, and our new start. Our trials are behind us; now it is about the limits of our Dark Reach.”

“We are an Order Reborn!”

“As the Protectors of Kesh!”

“As the Resistance to Snoke and his First Order!”

He raised his glass, and released the servants, compelling them to serve. “Let is drink and eat and celebrate!”

TAG: @Helinith, @Mitth_Fisto, @DarthIshyZ (combo, Helinith, bring the Soliloquy Holocron to me to start it), @QueenSabe7 (Leda), @Darth Kronos, @darthbernael (Renn and Bernael; Renn may join the Helinith/Serapis/Soliloquy Combo), @WookieeRage, @Darth Cocytus, @Snokers, @Lady Belligerent, @Darth_wanderguard (mentioned), @greyjedi125, @Silvertough

IC: Darth Insipid, Lesser

Fleeing one Hell for another

Ventris collapsed, not quite in the ship, and Insipid snarled. He had risked his existence for this sorry mess of a Sith?

Angered, Insipid turned away from the melting Oldspawn and kicked Ventris into the ship with the point of his boot into the stomach of the man, before accelerating the momentum from the kick to send Ventris slamming into the bulkhead with a crook of his finger. He lifted the ramp and crashed the unconscious Ventris into the opposite bulkhead face-first, and then a flicker of the self-same finger activated the shuttle controls and sent it into orbit, its engines set to maximum burn to melt the roof and monsters beneath them.

Creatures affixed themselves to the hull and Insipid electrified it, burning them away. His finger wagged again, and the refresher opened, and Insipid deposited Ventris in the shower, activating the water-shower and allowing it to pour into Ventris’s face.

Scattering the cloak around him as he crouched, Insipid felt the thrum of hyperspace and relaxed at last. Removing the cloak which has kept him shielded from the Dark, he spoke softly.

“Lord Ventris?”

TAG: @NickLitYouAFlame (combo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/b][/b]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  22. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

Jerod had managed to get the pilot to land the shuttle as close to the coordinates of where the escape pod had landed thanks to Azzurri’s directions. His data pad then pinged with a message. Jerod pulled it out of his pocket and read:

Me and the navigator have managed to create a map for you, well as much of a map as we can with the sensors and any maps we could gather. Your quickest route is marked out for you but no doubt you may run into trouble at some point!

E Azzurri.

Jerod slightly smiled and then had a look on his datapad. It looked like they would have to go through a rather seedy entertainment sector to get there and it looked like a bit of a walk. But it was good to get out of a chair for once and stretch his legs.

However the sooner he got back to the ship the safer he would feel.

He checked the datapad one more time, memorized the route and put it back in his pocket. No doubt they would have to deviate if they ran into trouble but hopefully with the map in hand, they could find another route.

And the Sith may decide they would help out, although Jerod wasn't holding his breath on that one.

Lennox checked the charge on his blaster and then holstered it. He had decided not to take any other weapons with him, if his blaster was stolen or taken away from him in a hostage situation then he would have to rely on his martial arts skills. Hopefully Ike and Bellourm would warn him of any danger. Again he wasn't counting on it.

“Stay here” he ordered the pilot “Wait until we are all back on board. And keep your comlink open, we may need assistance” Lennox also kept his comlink switched on in case anyone from aboard Dark Dreamer needed to contact him.

Lennox was also very tempted to leave Ike and Bellorum behind but again that was petty. Besides, Plo probably wouldn't like it, despite the fact that Ike was probably annoying everyone aboard an him and Bellorum’s drinking was getting ridiculous.

He turned and walked from the flight deck to join the others. Hel had disappeared and the doctor was helping Aryan leave the shuttle. Poor Aryan, reduced to seeking help as he was quite an independent man, well from what Jerod had seen of him. Hopefully a trip out would help the former Prime Minister although this was seriously not the place to go out for a relaxing trip.

Jerod let them go and caught Bellorum adjusting a hairpin on her head. Jerod hoped this might not be used on Xander as well as the whip but with Xander being like he was it was probably Bellorum’s way of making sure she and Ike were protected more than him. Jerod kept a hand on his blaster as they disembarked staying silent apart from when he was issuing directions.

Ike and Bellorum linked arms as they walked along from where the shuttle was parked and the place was seedy. Lennox followed behind the pair and he couldn't help but feel disgusted at the place. He wasn't exactly upper class Coruscanti but he was more cultured than this and Cleo had fed his passion for the theatre. But this ...this was a whole different class.

“This is making me feel sentimental,” Bellorum laughed, “I really miss our Luxury Elite.”

Which was probably like a miniature version of this Jerod thought. Being in the Imperial Navy most of his young life he had never felt the urge to visit seedy places and get himself intoxicated, drunk or find himself a companion to spend the night with. He had also made sure that if his crew ever did have a rest stop (which was very rare) that anybody who came back stoned, drunk or if they started any fights that they would either be demoted of chucked off. When he was an Ensign then a Lieutenant his fellow crew mates always wanted him to come with him and have a few drinks or perhaps smoke some spice but he always said no.

He did treat himself to at least one drink though as he was off duty but no more. He never wanted to get caught doing anything seedy as he was concentrating on his career. So yes he was a bit of a goody two shoes but you didn't get to where you are now by being uncivilized. Although some of the favors other high ranking officers were rumored to do in order to get their positions…

Bellorum acted like a complete tourist and pointed out various sights as they walked. “Look at that, Jerod,” she pointed at a larger than life image of a nude Gamorrean that was cuddling with a toydarian, “did you see what that thing was doing with its snout?” The image quickly changed to one of a circle of Twi’lek women that were all knitting. “I like this place!” Bellorum told them happily as she hurried down the streets.

Yes, I'm definitely in Hell.

Cleo would have had a fit if she saw Jerod in this place. She was like Jerod, into the more cultured things in life. No if there were theatres in here it wouldn't be the stuff you would see in the more orderly parts of the galaxy, it would be lewd and disgusting. And if Cleo found out that Xander was here too she would have hit the roof and never come down again for ages. And Lennox would have got the blame for it as well as everything else.

Well Cleo, here me and Xander are. I’ll bet if you are up there you are screaming your head off. And probably screaming it off some more about these two Sith with me. But don’t worry we will get him back. I hope.

“It seems you have found the perfect place for you and Lord Ike” Jerod commented “Perhaps when we are done you could entertain yourselves, after all this place really seems to float your boat. Although whether Plo would be happy for you to be intoxicated or high when you get back on the ship is another matter. He could probably sense it off you from a mile away” he smirked “But it’s up to you. Our main mission is to find Xander, then you can go and get up to all sorts of debauchery whilst I wait for you back at the shuttle”

He pulled out his datapad and took a quick look before popping it away “We will need to take the net right coming up in a few hundred yards, then the next left”

Hopefully when they got there Xander would be waiting for them but with Xander being the terror he was probably not. Then he would have to rely on the Sith’s Force senses to guide them. Well that is if the Sith decided they would like to take a detour into one of these seedy places.

Jerod sighed, this was going to be a long day.

TAG: @Sinrebirth (for Ike), @Lady Belligerent

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Ike
    Dancing the Streets of Illicit Heaven

Bell was having the time of her life, and so too was Ike, if not for Jerod and his foibles. Ike sighed a bit, disengaging from Bell as he nudged her to an open bar. “Grab me something strong, hun!”

“Come on, Plo didn’t want any of that Sith nonsense following us,” Ike said, linking arms with Jerod. “So unless you want us to roleplay that you’re our slave or cutter,” he said, using a bit of criminal slang, “then you need to drop the Lord bit.”

“We are generally heading in the same direction as your son after all...” Ike said thoughtfully. “But he’s strong with the Force, so he’s naturally good at hiding in it.”

Ike unwound his arm and invaded Jerod’s personal space by linking his arms around the back of Jerod’s head. For a moment, his voice dropped an octave, to something approaching ‘normal’ and not ‘my testicles are permanently up’. The intimacy startled Ike for a moment but he knew what Jerod needed.

No, not that, gutter mind. Ike snorted mentally.

“You need to get into role, sir. Find some space for the parts of your heart that never get used. There are truths that society lies about, and layers falsehood atop.” Ike sounded almost cultured for a terrible moment. “There’s no joy in having a stick up your ass. There’s just duty, and disaster, because you’re all about control and you have none. You’ve been thrown a millennium into the past! You fired upon monsters! You have seen the face of a God.” His eyes tried to meet Jerod’s; Ike was taller than most so had to lower his brow.

“Unless you let go, you won’t find yourself in this new world. You can hold onto Cleo and that disaster, or you can make something new with your kid, here. Kids need boundaries, sure, but they also need their Dad to not be jumping at what scares him - when he’s basically scared of everything he can’t control.” Ike stepped away, resuming his song-song voice. “Loosen up, darling. Here is can be anything that you want; so why not start-over?”

Again an invasion of Jerod’s space and he placed a palm on the former Imperials face. It was damp; but it was humid here, horribly so. “I found my serenity in places where I didn’t need to be what I was supposed to be. I found my happiness not at court but in these places where nobody knew Ike. You’ve known me as Insipid’s ex, as a pawn of a Moff, as a dandy of a Vizier. But under it all I’m just Ike, hun.”

“Once you took off your uniform, what did you find?”

He withdrew, chasing after Bell to snatch and down a shot. It wasn’t the one she’d bought him; another patron, a Trandoshan, growled at him, so Ike headbutted him, sending the alien into the dirt. “Wasn’t a nice drink anyway. Tasted like slime.”

“It was slime, sir,” came the Duros bartender.

“Meh.”

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Lady Belligerent

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  24. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

Oh yes, definitely a long day….

Ike was now ushering Bellorum into a bar and Jerod was seriously considering heading off by himself now. It was getting ridiculous.

“Come on, Plo didn’t want any of that Sith nonsense following us,” Ike said, linking arms with Jerod. “So unless you want us to role play that you’re our slave or cutter,” he said, using a bit of criminal slang, “then you need to drop the Lord bit.”

“We are generally heading in the same direction as your son after all...” Ike said thoughtfully. “But he’s strong with the Force, so he’s naturally good at hiding in it.”

It was a slip of the tongue that Jerod had called him Lord and he made a mental note to only call them that aboard the ship. And Ike did have a little bit of a point regarding his son. His son had powers that Jerod could never understand and hiding in the Force was probably one of his son’s ways of escaping detection but he needed to be found soon otherwise Jerod could see the young boy getting into a rather nasty situation Force sensitive or not.

“I am no-one's slave” Jerod growled “Whether role playing or not, but I can certainly try to play the part of outlaw Captain I've dealt with enough pirates and smugglers in my time to know how they think and act.” he frowned as Ike threaded his arm through his. Jerod didn't shake him off though but his other hand was itching for his blaster now.

And then to make matters worse Ike decided to link his arms around Jerod’s neck and now Lennox was seriously reaching the end of his self control and to kick this man where it hurts. Literally. If Ike was seriously going to try it on right in the middle of the street then Jerod was going to make sure, Sith or not that he would regret it. He kept his arms stiffly by his side his hand resting on his blaster again as a warning. However Ike was talking normally now.

"You need to get into role, sir. Find some space for the parts of your heart that never get used. There are truths that society lies about, and layers falsehood atop.” Ike sounded almost cultured for a terrible moment. “There’s no joy in having a stick up your ass. There’s just duty, and disaster, because you’re all about control and you have none. You’ve been thrown a millennium into the past! You fired upon monsters! You have seen the face of a God.” His eyes tried to meet Jerod’s; Ike was taller than most so had to lower his brow.

“Unless you let go, you won’t find yourself in this new world. You can hold onto Cleo and that disaster, or you can make something new with your kid, here. Kids need boundaries, sure, but they also need their Dad to not be jumping at what scares him - when he’s basically scared of everything he can’t control.” Ike stepped away, resuming his sing-song voice. “Loosen up, darling. Here is can be anything that you want; so why not start-over?”

Again Ike hit close to the mark here. Jerod was trying to let his emotions go more since he was no longer an Imperial but it was difficult. When you had been an Imperial for so long and that stoic mask was you it was difficult to let go. He did still have a duty to do as he had been nominated by Plo as Captain and with that rank still came the responsibility of looking after whoever was on the ship. And he felt he had been given a final chance at this after losing both crews of the Revelator and Repentance.

Ceo was dead and gone, Jerod had faced that after having a binge drinking session mourning his ex wife on his birthday. And he was making sure Xander did have boundaries but to be honest it was difficult when your son wanted to terrorize others and thought rules were for idiots. Perhaps Jerod could move on, settle down with his son and perhaps find someone to love, or at least be friends with. And perhaps be a more relaxed Captain. First of all, though he had to find the little monster and bring him back. In one piece if possible.

And then Ike placed a palm on Lennox’s face and Jerod was about this close to whacking Ike in the face. And he didn't care if it started a street brawl afterwards “I found my serenity in places where I didn’t need to be what I was supposed to be. I found my happiness not at court but in these places where nobody knew Ike. You’ve known me as Insipid’s ex, as a pawn of a Moff, as a dandy of a Vizier. But under it all I’m just Ike, hun.”

“Once you took off your uniform, what did you find?”

Was Ike reading his mind or something?

Who was he really?

To be honest at the end of the day when you took off the uniform you could relax a bit more. But Jerod always concentrated on the job no matter where he was and no matter if he was relaxing the job always came first. Cleo at the time of the divorce said he could never switch off that he loved the job more than her. At that time he didn't listen, but perhaps it would be a good idea to switch off but only in the safety of the ship and perhaps on missions where he could play the outlaw, like now.

It was a long road ahead and if he had others to help him it would be easier. But he didn't trust Ike as far as he could spit. The only ones he trusted at the moment were Alta, Carrusco, Azzurri, Plo, Aryan perhaps Hel and Syren too. The rest though he was learning about whom he could trust and unfortunately Bellorum and Ike were quite far down on the list at the moment. Perhaps Ike had sound advice, perhaps not but only time would tell.

Ike then disappeared following Bellorum into the bar where Ike then decided to headbutt a Trandoshan which was never a good idea. Ike then commented that the drink tasted like slime in which the bartender said it actually was.

Jerod then leaned his back against the bar folding his arms and giving the Trandoshan a feral grin with a look that said “Hit me or him or the lady at the bar and you’ll end up getting your brains blown off” before turning his head back towards Ike “Your advice seems good whether it was made with good intentions is yet to be seen, however I may take it under advisement. However I am still on duty so no drinking yet for me”

He turned back to face the bar to see what the Trandoshan did next, whether it ended up in a bar fight or whether they would get out of this unscathed was yet to be seen.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @Lady Belligerent

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Feast, Kesh

Her name was Lanara.

He’d finally remembered the keshiri female’s name.

She had been a momentary distraction, and was now a dead distraction from another life, which was also gone.

Summoning the memory was useful only as a mental exercise, if nothing else. There were in fact, countless other names he’d almost forgotten on that list of dead or gone foes and allies of convenience.

The past had held its sway, birthing the present. Strange as it was.

Manticore was covered from head to toe in a black cloak that flowed like smoke around his form. The hood was up, and held fast even as he and the other sith emerged from the craft, right into the enthusiastic din created by the cheers of the keshiri crowd.

Manticore’s fiery eyes took note of them, appraising them both visually and in the force.
    Thanks to Emperor Insipid’s artful craft, the sith were being lauded as ‘Protectors’ and given a magnificent feast for having driven away the ‘Destructors’.

The ploy had been clever in its simplicity, but special in its execution. The results spoke for itself.

Truth be told, the zabrak Sith Lord cared little to impersonate keshiri deities, however, he well understood the Sith Emperor’s strategy for doing so. It seemed they were fated to re-enact that particular bit of keshiri history, now, in this reality.

So be it.

In attendance were the sith which he encountered aboard the ship’s medical bay upon waking to this new existence. The white haired Leda, the kaminoan Cocytus, the floating holocron known as Soliloquy, and Ravenous, the Sith Spawn-and former wookiee. None were familiar, save perhaps for Ravenous, whom he was presently unsure if he’d actually met or at least heard of, in the life before. Granted, that detail was merely to help him create a marker in his mind’s map of jumbled events. The need of the present trumped the specters of the past, but not to the point of eradication. A sense of continuity was still critical for the self-aware.

As expected, Much feasting was to be had, as hand-picked servants deemed worthy, were brought about with plentiful trays of foods and enticing delicacies.Unable to test for poisons, Manticore abstained for now. The keshiri Great Hall was probably a magnificent architectural structure, but all the zabrak Sith Lord did, was gauge for possible areas of incoming attacks, look-out for insurgents, and the like.

Thus far, he detected no such threats.

As he hung back, his eyes watched as the Sith Emperor raised an ornate goblet, a motion that triggered several flashes of past memories, then with but a gesture, froze every keshiri for as far as he could see in a stasis field.

Right. The Sith Emperor was not unlike an ascended being. Remember that, and never forget it.

It was a truly impressive feat, one not done on a whim.

Manticore made sure to listen and learn from what followed.

Darth Insipid introduced three sith to their ranks. A human female, an Anzati male and a Neti. Bernael, Helinith and Renn. All who seemed quite strong in the darkside.

It was going to take some time getting used to not using the ‘Darth’ prefix until further notice. Or perhaps that was a sign of things to come? Time would tell.

Manticore remained still, his scowling visage unwavering as the Sith Emperor recounted his failure, subsequent death and betrayal at the Well of the Dark Side. Ironic that Mortis was a fiasco his memories made sure he would not forget. It was intriguing that the three new sith had survived Typhojem’s reality spawning devastation. Hmm. Perhaps they were not the only ones to have done so. Of course, that was mostly conjecture.

There was polite applause, regarding their participation in the Emperor’s dramatization, which was a sound Manticore was simply not used to hearing.

When introduced by Darth Insipid, Manticore offered a perceptible nod of his hooded visage, though he could not help but narrow his eyes at the mention of Snoke.

Snoke. Just the mere sound of the name caused him to flare in anger. No, he would not try to make sense of those memories quite yet, and not at the moment, as Darth Insipid went on to regale those present.

Rule of Seven? War of Three??

More questions.

Syren, Haretisch,Bellorum. So, it seemed that the rest of the sith he was actually familiar with were ‘elsewhere’. From the sound of it, he missed a great deal in his absence. Nothing could change that now, but gaining access to the World Between Worlds….

Manticore continued to listen as the Emperor continued to literally fill in the blanks. Naturally, he still had questions, but they could all wait, especially now that strategies and missions were being mentioned. Good. Standing still and waiting around were not part of the zabrak’s skill sets.

Three more sith were introduced, strong in the darkside as expected. The first looked oddly familiar-and then again not; garbed in plate armor of silver and gold, named Vizier Bo. He was followed by an unknown miraluka, Apprentice Drost, and then- wait- this one felt- well, somewhat familiar. Darth Kronos. This was……

Nothing. Whatever memory was evoked, simply vanished- at least for now.

This was very frustrating to say the least, but in the end, it was the present that mattered the most.

So, focus on the present.

To that end, Emperor Insipid declared that they should bring Order to Chaos. Manticore could toast to that, and finally availed himself of one of the goblets placed on a silver serving tray.

Soon, pairs for missions were being assigned, and he found it an unexpected surprise to have been placed with white haired sith, Leda. It did not take him long to visually find her among the gathered sith. Should she meet his gaze, he would raise his goblet to her in a toast.

Notably, the keshiri wine was both palatable and effective. The zabrak Sith Lord had become only slightly less stand-offish than normal. Some memories drifted in an out, but he simply let them flow unimpeded for the moment. Names, faces and places were beginning to connect in a less disjointed manner. Manticore allowed himself to relax, only enough to lean against a pillar.

He watched Emperor Insipid make his declarations, fully understanding them in their context. He raised his own goblet once again, in response to the Emperor’s toast…

“To the First Sith Order.”

…then nodded silently, seeing all the keshiri servants return to the celebration, back from the stasis that had been induced upon them.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @WookieeRage, @Darth Kronos, @Snokers, @Darth Cocytus, Sith present at the feast

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019