main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN New Sith Trials: Dark Reach: Episode I: An Order Remade

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Lady_Belligerent , Jul 1, 2019.

1. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    Oovo IV

Cocytus could taste the arrogance from the bounty hunter woman in her voice. However, he could also hint a lust for power as well. Something to use for his own advantage.

He nodded slowly.

It would not have been the first time he lost a seat of power because of him jumping ahead in time due to circumstances beyond his control.

"There were... complications." Cocytus admitted, "Something needed my attention and it took longer than I expected it to... Which has become a pattern in my life now that I think of it. Time always seems to move faster wherever I am compared to the rest of the Galaxy. I was hoping to use some First Order men as insurance against just such a thing, but that didn't quite work out as I hoped."

"As the only true Dark Lord of the Sith, the First Order is mine by right." The kaminoan assured, "And I ought to destroy this false Kylo Ren who stole my seat from me and take it back by force."

Cocytus thought for a moment.

"However, perhaps I should wait this out." He agreed, "There are other Sith Factions at work and the new Rebellion grows all the more stronger. This new Supreme Leader of the First Order might change the balance of the war. It all leads to a single question."

"Which side should I ought to throw my support to? If I am to build my new Empire, with you as my apprentice, I am going to need the people on my side, just as Palpatine had before he squandered that..."

Sing shrugged. "I mean I hear that both Kylo Ren and Hux survived the Battle of Exegol, and they're behind the consolidation of the First Order in the inner systems - ditto the jamming of the HoloNet. I presume you encountered that on your way back from wherever?"

"So I'm not making a move against the First Order any time soon. Not with rumours that Kylo is also recruiting a new Knights of Ren." She grinned. "You should apply, it would be good for the soul to serve again, no?"

She was acting with a great deal of knowledge she should not have... the woman was laconic in her chair, more confident than last time.

"Ah but that's just the problem, Sing." Cocytus pointed out with a small smirk, "Kylo Ren is dead. He returned to being Ben Solo, returned to the Light, before he died fighting Palpatine on Exegol. Which can only mean that Kylo Ren may well just be a title for whoever is leading these Knights of Ren at the moment. So the question is... Who is leading the Knights this time around?"

HIs eyes glowed with a pulse of anger at the suggestion that he should join the Knights.

To serve another as someone else's puppet.

"I am a Sith Lord." Cocytus retorted, "Sith are meant to rule over others, not serve, except as apprentices to their masters before they kill them. I will find this new Kylo Ren and kill him before I ever serve another... which joining the knights may actually lead to in fact."

The kaminoan smirked at the thought of such betrayal before giving Sing another look.

"You know, you seem to have quite knowledgeable on Galactic Affairs on a wider scale than you should for someone ruling over a junkyard prison planet." He pointed out, "Which leads to another question... Who have you been in contact with these past few weeks?"

There wasn't more to add while he ranted and smirked.

"Junkworld prison planet..." Aurra smiled genially. "Why, Darth Insipid, of course."

She didn't move a muscle.

"Well, not meant to offend, but this isn't exactly Coruscant or even Kamino." He replied, "Which is why I am offering you so much more than you have."

Cocytus's eyes glowed intensely and smiled thinly at the answer.

"Of course..." The kaminoan's fingers moved slightly, reaching out into the Force for any dange. He may have walked into a trap. "Guess it's true that some Sith Lords just refuse to stay dead, but I will deal with him, permanently, soon enough..."

"He had an other, left behind in the old timeline," Aurra said. "I joined his Order a while ago, I used to be a clone - well, I suppose I still am. I met Aurra once." Her brow narrowed. "You may have met my progenitor - Esmerelda? My name is Shimmer, or, it used to. I took on Aurra Sing's name for, well, obvious reasons."

"Styx told me all about you, told me you'd turn up again one day, but I wasn't to deviate from the plan - to wait out whatever conspiracy was ensnaring the galaxy and birthing the First Order. When Snoke reappeared, I knew Insipid was right. Now there's already a new Kylo Ren, and that comms blackout, I'm content to just wait as ordered."

Her hands remained folded in her lap.

"Why don't you do the same? There's no Sith left outside of our order, apart from you."

That's not true.

The voice was known to Cocytus.

It was Tor Valum.

"So, do you kill me now, and start picking at the spider web, or do you accept that we're irrelevant?"

A false Aurra Sing?

Ah. Now that was new and surprising.

However, Cocytus didn't show it in his facial expressions with the exception of his glowing Sith eyes. The glow swirled and changed in intensity as they stared at the false woman. Thoughts formed and plans shifted.

"I think it's best that I leave then and return to my companions, considering that we have no further business to discuss." The kaminoan replied, "Due to obvious reasons it's quite clear that a Sith Master-Apprentice Relationship will not work out between us."

"One question though... Were you, the fake, always here?" Cocytus asked, "In the long weeks since my last visit, the change is most profound..."

"When you last came..." her voice dipped a little, as did her emotions. "I had been alone for the last few years. I was more Sing than Shimmer. But since then, Styx came, and told me the latest." A shrug. "I imagine she'll activate the others." Shimmer-Sing smiled.

"I was the apprentice to Dark Lord Soliloquy, actually," Shimmer said. "But I have orders to leave you alone, if you come back."

Cocytus nodded and thought for a moment. The kaminoan was actually surprised that in the last thirty years, outside of Palpatine, there has been little to no signs of advancement of the Sith Order trying to reestablish Sith Rule over the Galaxy.

What has Insipid been up to these last three decades?

Furthermore... Cocytus still needed an Apprentice.

"My offer still stands one last time." He replied, "Wouldn't you like to overthrow your masters and conquer the Galaxy together with me? Insipid's Order have clearly abandoned you here to whatever fate the Force may deem. I offer something greater than that just as my new companions have also offered me. Tempted?"

"You've never played a long game in your life, have you?" Shimmer laughed. She sat back. "I'd rather not, if I may. You're welcome to impale yourself on Kylo Ren's lightsaber. I've been too much invested in Insipid's Order to abandon it. It's not as if death slows him down appreciably."

With a glint in her eye. "I'll give you fifteen minutes to get off our planet, then you are live bait for the inmates."

His eyes narrowed at Shimmer's words.

The lack of real ambition for absolute power. Something he hated among the Sith followers in the Rule of Many,

A plus of anger but also a thought.

"The Long Game, huh? I can do that." Cocytus replied simply, "To be honest, maybe I have been more impulsive than I should be. Besides, I have all the time in the Galaxy and countless resources to spare before I can make my move."

"Fair well."

The kaminoan turned and left to return to the Five, feeling quite illuminated by his meeting with Shimmer, but all the while seething with unspeakable rage with a spiteful lust for revenge.

But it was still quite informative and Cocytus sought to use everything he learned today to his utmost advantage, no matter how long it may take.

To work in the shadows, learn further on Insipid and the First Order's plans and to obstruct or aid both in accordance to how they benefit his goals.

In the meantime… Cocytus still needed an Apprentice.

@Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    A combo with @Sinrebirth

Bridge of the Luxury Elite

She’d felt him nearing long before the lift opened behind her as she watched Hel showing the child, Cranjis, various things in the massive viewports of the bridge.

The lift doors opened, but she remained standing at the rail overlooking the crew below, her hands gripped the railing. Was it a mistake to keep her back to Insipid? Probably, but it was also her way of seeing if he would attempt to stab her.

Breathing slowly, in and out, she closed her eyes and just listened, and waited. After awhile she broke the silence first, “caring about some beings do not make me weak, or any less Sith. I can’t do anything about Haretisch, he has to chase his own demons, but I can find Ike. I’m unwilling to lose him, and if I get the impression that you’re going to work against me I’ll have no issue tossing you off my ship. To save him we will need resources and guess who has them? Me..”

Insipid looked at her. “Yes, you do. But my reliance upon you isn’t about resources - wealth, ships, people, it’s all so transient. I rely upon to because we used to be friends, and you helped Ike through the bad times with me.”

It was astonishingly honest.

She would realised he’d made a bubble of sound around them, but the crew would recognise a gentler face than he had shown a moment ago, even if they couldn’t hear his words.

The change was astonishing; schizophrenic even. “Once we get things in order, I’m going to throw it all at whatever arcane, eldritch problem we have today. The whole proverbial sink. Ike is already near, I suspect.” He placed a hand on her shoulder. “I appreciate your loyalty to the Sith. But the Triumvirate needs three to function.”

He told her who he intended to name to Triumvirate.

“We’ll sort out the High Lords and the rest, and have a strong Order again. We’ll besecure, and safe.” He was rambling, clearlyunhinged to some extent.

“We?” She said softly as not really a question. Feeling secure was foreign and there was no way she was falling into that trap.”I will need time to consider this addition,” was all the reply she could manage. Her wounds were still fresh. She needed time to mourn the bastard.

“Bell,” he said, no longer the pontificating Dark Lord. “I can’t do this without you. We’ve been scattered for too long. We need to rule, to acquire, expand, attain.”

“The War of Three was a disaster. Now, we need to rebuild, and those who are no longer here with us -“ His mind drifted to not just Haretisch, but Kralkus, Saadi, Anark, Kronos, Mallace, Leda, Halle. “We shall simply have to mourn them.” Of course, at least one of them was still around in some shape or manner. “But the others?” Hethought of the many who had died or left as traitors - chief among them Cocytus,undoubtedly. “We are better off without.”

“Focus on that rage, and we shall buildsomething that we need never mourn again.”

She’d been staring down at the crew during the entire exchange, but now she turned to face the man beside her, her former Master. “You’re right,” she said confidently, “but never quote me or I’ll swear I never said it,” she laughed. “I’m with you and ruling is my specialty.”

Insipid gave her a rare smile. “I shall never cite you.” He turned. “My new apprentice has headed off to find himself somewhere to fit in I imagine.” He chuckled. “Let us follow him and do what we do best.”

He turned to head to his reborn Order.

Tag: everyone

3. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun with @greyjedi125, @Silvertough, and @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael, Manticore, Iudex, Shimer possibly, Sabel
    Where the hells are we?

Bernael’s head snapped up as the Maurauder shook, shuddered, and bucked before it dropped out of hyper. His senses tingled, a taste filling his mental awareness. Behind the mask his eyes suddenly flashed from silver to black and he growled. Turning to the nearest Shadow ”Find out where we are, right now! his voice came in a gravelly tone.

Turning to Manticore, Snoke was ready, I believe. Or rather, someone, and I’m almost positive who, has assisted him to be so.” his tone was still low, growling. ”We must figure out where we are and still get to Oba Deah.”

Roxuli

The yacht tumbled and in the moment before it did the restraints burst forth and secured Sabel to the command couch, as it did for Zestus. The neck support kept his head pointed toward the displays and he could see that something massive had torn through the system. ”Zestus, get us on an even keel. And raise that Maurauder we saw in the Chandrila holo, I suspect those are my old Sith ‘friends’.”

The yacht, in Zestus’s capable hands, slowly broke from the roll it was in and the restraints retracted. Sabel stood, taking the couple steps over to the holo as it came to life. ”If this is who I believe it is, we need to talk, Snoke just launched a massive attack.”

Onboard the Maurauder

The holoscreen pinged and then lit. It was blank for a few moments before a Chiss in black armor appeared in it, ”If this is who I believe it is, we need to talk, Snoke just launched a massive attack.”

Bernael nodded, ”Rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated, or rather we died and were reborn, take your pick, Sabel. The attack seemed aimed through hyper, galaxywide.”

The ship had long since jumped to hyperspace, leaving the gathered Sith to their own devices. Iudex had chosen to retire to an open cabin. A hot meal and an even hotter shower sounding downright heavenly after what had transpired on the Star Destroyer. His armor, the bulky mishmash of heavy metal and leather that it was, had to be maintained as well. A representative of the Sith couldn't just traipse across the galaxy covered in scorch marks and viscera.

Well, some could. Some actually preferred the aesthetic.

But not Iudex. A more dignified look was preferable. So into the shower the Falleen went, and began to scrub. Once Iudex was satisfied, he began to work on the laborious task of cleansing the filth from his armor. The lightsabers came next, with him paying extra attention to his most recent addition to his collection. The process of stripping down and repairing his equipment had become a ritual of sorts, one wherein his body fell into a stable rhythm as it worked and his mind was free to wander.

Such reflection was cut short by a sudden knocking on his door, followed immediately thereafter by the ship's violent deceleration. Iudex leaped to his feet, recalling both his lightsabers to his hands as he moved to the door. They had dropped out of hyperspace, that much was certain.

Were they ambushed? Ripped from hyperspace by an Interdictor of some sort? The specifics didn't matter, all that did was regrouping with the Sith, and coming up with some sort of game plan. Iudex threw on a simple shirt, forgoing his armor for the moment, and made his way to the door. He could feel Shimmer's close proximity outside. That was good. Perhaps she had come to fetch him. It would save time.

Iudex opened the door and stepped outside, where something became immediately apparent - Shimmer had come to his door for alternate reasons.

The first thing he noticed was her hair, styled in a very Falleenian top-knot. Iudex blinked slowly as his eyes inevitably traveled downward. "...Ah. Your.. Hm." Suddenly the ceiling became extraordinarily interesting, a place he very quickly adverted his eyes towards.

"We'll discuss this, ah, later" He finally mustered, becoming extremely annoyed at his present inability to control the burning sensation in his cheeks. "You should probably change.. Bridge?"

There was a conversation being had, but it all came to an abrupt halt when the entire ship shuddered and dropped out of hyper space.

But it wasn’t the simple fact that the Maurauder had been forced from its course, but everything in the force felt off in a way that was very disturbing.

Bernael spoke the name of the culprit at the same time he’d thought of it: Snoke.

Manticore growled aloud, both anger and frustration spilling over.

As usual, Lord Hunger’s tactical mind was already in action.

A quick glance out the viewport only revealed a star field that remained unrecognizable; finding out their current location was the immediate priority, if there was any hope of anything resembling a mission left.

Lord Hate bristled for a moment, 'releasing steam' as it were, before collecting himself. Snoke was ahead on them on his timetable and acted several steps ahead of them. The Sith were being outpaced and outmaneuvered at every turn. Bernael suggested that Snoke may have someone assisting him, as if the reproachable creature required any.

Bernael already asked for their location and current heading to be confirmed, so there was no reason to echo his brother in this. Manticore glanced at the Pykestaff and really didn't like the thoughts that ran through his mind, yet he did not act upon any of it - for the moment.

Manticore's mind was running through their options. Snoke had done something reprehensible for sure, he could feel it, despite not having the details. Certainly, they could rush into the Maelstrom, but their chances for success were even lower now, more than before. In his mind, they were going to need allies if their mission to rid the galaxy of the Supreme Leader was to succeed. Maybe Lord Iudex’s new ally would make themselves useful?

As soon as he had finished that thought, the holoscreen pinged and then lit. It was blank for a few moments before a Chiss in black armor appeared in it, ”If this is who I believe it is, we need to talk, Snoke just launched a massive attack.”

"Lord Sabel." Manticore exclaimed, feeling a measure of surprise, despite not showing it, as always.

Bernael nodded, ”Rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated, or rather we died and were reborn, take your pick, Sabel. The attack seemed aimed through hyper, galaxywide.”

“Let us meet immediately.”
    Manticore interjected, but with due respect. In truth, they owed the Chiss much, but there was no time for pleasantries. If Snoke was allowed to reach his ‘End Game’, it would mean the end of everything.

They had to act and act now.

Not waiting another moment, Lord Hate hit the ship-wide comm. "Lord Iudex, Shimmer, join us on the bridge."

Shimmer blushed, and noted that Iudex looked good casual. Tightening her robe, she shrugged. “Seems like an emergency, this will do.” She reached into a pocket and indicated she had her lightsaber with her anyway. “This is what matters after all.”

With a smirk, she turned to head to the bridge with him as Manticore commed. She fished a comm out of her other pocket. “Already on our way, my Lord.” She grinned. “Iudex is already with me.”

Pykestaff for his part stared into the distance. “It’s a hyperspace weapon. It shouldn’t exist now. It’s creating an idea in the Force.”

He looked at Hate and Hunger. “We’re adjusting things, too.”

Iudex frowned at Shimmer for a moment, before finally sighing and gesturing with his hand for her to lead the way. It was becoming readily apparent at how futile it was for him to argue with her. Besides, with Shimmer leading the way, he at least didn't have to worry about hiding his discomfort about the situation from her.

Another sigh. Iudex squashed such thoughts. If anything, discovering such a weakness about himself was good. It would be something to work upon. But later. The fact they had just been ripped from hyperspace by an unknown entity was vastly more important than some unexpected hormone fluctuations.

..The hair is a nice touch.
    Iudex begrudgingly admitted, tutting to himself as the pair hurried towards the Bridge.

"What happened? How many of them are there?"
    Iudex demanded, striding abruptly through the security doors onto the Bridge. If an Interdiction cruiser was involved, boarding parties would undoubtedly be on their way. Battle plans needed to be drawn up, defense points identified, retaliatory targets..

And then Iudex saw the holoscreen, and a very particular Chiss he had counted on never seeing again.

"Lord Sabel, fancy seeing you here."
    Iudex stated coldly, casting a sidelong glance towards Hate and Hunger.

Only a little time passed between the call from Manticore to the others before the sound of the bridge hatch opening came to his ears. Turning toward the noise a smirk crossed his face at the sight, Shimmer was certainly fighting her battle and, from the way Iudex was staring anywhere but her barely clad form, she was winning.

At Iudex’s statement to Sabel his eyebrow rose but he gave no other indication that he’d noticed the almost frigid way it had come out. Gesturing at the two of them, ”Glad you could interrupt your...liason...to join us.”

~~~Onboard Sabel’s yacht~~~

Sabel turned to Zestus, ”Trace their signal, lock onto it, and take us there as soon as this call finishes.” he told his Captain. His gaze returned to the foursome in the holo, ”It is my pleasure to see you again, Lords Hate and Hunger.” A wry smile came to his face as he looked at the Falleen. ”It does seem that despite your best efforts, my assistance is of need, Iudex.”

He waved a hand, ”No matter. Lord Hate, we will be locked on to your location in but a moment and when we finish here, as long as this new weapon does not interfere, we will jump to you so that we can complete the task that the three of us have set ourselves. At my disposal is this ‘special’ yacht, myself, and the Captain of my Guard. It would take longer to summon a portion of the fleet. Time I do not know is available to us.”

~~~Onboard the Maurauder~~~

Bernael’s eyebrow had risen again at the greeting from Sabel to Iudex. He turned to the Falleen and the way the color of his eyes fluctuated gave away the impression that they would discuss why Iudex seemed so set against Sabel assisting them.

He returned his gaze to the holo, ”I do believe you and, if your Captain is like my Shadows at all he will be good assistance." His gaze swung to the Pykestaff, ”One being dying and returning will adjust things, two doing so and coming back as much more will certainly do that. If spouting things that we already know is the best you have I know Lord Hate will show you all but the tenderest of mercies.”

His fiery gaze fell upon both Iudex and Shimmer for a solid heartbeat.

Well, it didn’t matter what they had been doing, not doing or about to do. The two sith made it to the bridge in a timely manner, despite their…appearance. Clearly the urgency of the matter was not lost to them, though he could not blame them for seeking one last dalliance before the end of everything.

Lord Hate offered Lord Iudex and Shimmer a curt nod of acknowledgement before turning back to view the holo of Lord Sabel. Iudex’s greeting of the Chiss was telling if nothing else, but at least he had the wisdom to refrain from any further unpleasantness.

With a suppressed grump, Manticore mentally forced himself to put aside his pride, fully understanding that this time around, the Sith and the Chiss needed to cooperate with each other, if they were going to succeed against Snoke and his new weapon of terror and mass destruction, this ‘True Death Star’.

Still, Manticore felt they were mission a crucial piece of the puzzle. Snoke was trying to keep them from noticing something, but what?

“We should head to the Akkadese Maelstrom as soon as we make the rendezvous.”
    Manticore said, overstating the obvious, for the simple fact that it needed to be said.

Turning to the Shadow the manning comms station, he made a quick inquiry.

“Any word from Emperor Soliloquy?”

Indeed, time was of the essence, but the laws of physics did not change to account for a Sith Lord’s growing impatience, nor did the nature of the cosmos.

With that thought in mind, Lord Hate turned to the Pykestaff.

“After this, I will speak with you. Alone.”

Pykestaff shrugged. “Sure, alright.” He mooted. “We’re not all too far from the Hapan Cluster now, right? This is near where we knocked our Destroyer out of hyperspace.”

He glowered at Iudex for needing a save at Chandrila. Shimmer ignored him, and flipped the comlink from her pocket. “I mean, we could basically connect to the Hapan network from here...”

As she did, she jumped.

There was a commanding voice.

It was Darth Insipid, announcing his return - and that of other Sith with names only Manticore would know.

He was taking back control.

Iudex had remained silent as the other Sith, and Sabel made plans, choosing instead to absorb their conversation like a wet sponge. Information was a weapon, having found himself sorely lacking in that department, the last thing he wanted to do was to miss anything vital. Having to work with the Chiss again was regrettable undoubtedly, but such feelings originated from his pride.

Iudex could survive a bruised ego. For now, he would temper his frustration with cold facts. Snoke was a threat on a galactic scale. Extinguishing such would take allies. Sabel, for now, was an Ally. Therefor..

He exhaled softly, visibly relaxing as the group spoke. Snoke was the true enemy, without question. Once he was finally taken down, then the Falleen could work out his petty conflict with the Chiss, not before.

...And then Darth Insipid's voice erupted from the loudspeakers announcing his, along with a number of other presumable Sith Lords Iudex didn't know of, triumphant return to power.

"Ahh. And so it is."
    Iudex said with a widening smile. "The true Emperor returns, as expected." In an instant, the wriggling doubts about the Sith Iudex had harbored deep within vanished, replaced with blistering determination. The contract had been reforged, and with it, Iudex's purpose within the Order itself.

"I believe.."
    He began, eyeing both Lord Hate and Hunger, "We should respond to our Emperor immediately. The rest will quickly fall back in line, I'm sure." Iudex crossed his arms across his chest, any prior embarrassment revolving Shimmer completely abandoned.

The Emperor had returned! The true Lord of the Sith! Finally, he could end this charade with Shimmer. She was but an apprentice, and apprentices were to be trained as zealous soldiers for the cause, nothing further. Insubordination would result in reeducation, beatings, if necessary. Iudex nearly hummed with amusement. Finally, he could get some proper work done.

Manticore turned smoothly at hearing the Falleen speak. He could certainly hear the conviction in his voice as well as feel it. How it had multiplied after hearing the voice of Darth Insipid, announcing his triumphant return.

Inwardly, Manticore felt vindicated somewhat, as he simply knew Darth Insipid was not one to remain vanquished for an extended period of time, unlessit suited him, of course. Still, the timing of it all was quite curious to the zabrak, especially since Manticore did not sense a ‘shift’ in the Force. Snoke was still a galactic threat of imminent and critical danger, a danger which only continued to increase with every moment they delayed in inaction.

Still, it was quite fortuitous that Darth Insipid did arrive when he did, along with a host of sith, for they were going to need all the help they could get- and then some. In truth, only Insipid could rally all sith forces, and quite likely their 'allies', at least for the true war effort ahead of them.

“And so it is.”
    Manticore echoed.

Lord Iudex, it sounds like you are volunteering to return to the Emperor, and as well you should. I believe you can serve as a bridge, a contact point between myself and Lord Hunger.”

Here, Manticore allowed himself a mirthless smirk.

“You see, Lord Hunger and I have orders from the Emperor himself, orders that must be fulfilled at all costs. Every moment we delay, our chances to stop Snoke diminish. If we fail to stop him, there will be no ‘sith order’ left to return to, and I can almost guarantee, that a failure of that magnitude will not be well received by the Dark Lord.”

A knowing nod is offered after a pause.

“Consider my words, then make your final decision by the time we reach the rendezvous point.”

With that, Manticore looked to his brother in arms, Darth Bernael, wordlessly inquiring if he had anything else to add.

Bernael allowed a small smile to touch his lips as the announcement came through the comm. Certainly if he and Manticore could die and be reborn it was well within the Emperor’s abilities. Iudex’s reaction told him volumes and his smile rose fractionally.

He opened his mouth to speak but Manticore’s voice rose before his could. He nodded along as his brother spoke, he couldn’t have said it better himself. When Manticore looked over at him he nodded deeper. ”Not much I can add to that, my brother.” He turned toward Iudex. ”This is both the Emperor returned and not, I suspect. The sense I have is that the Emperor we know from this timeline is dead or incorporeal currently and this is, somehow, the other part of his soul that was still in the old timeline. He knows both Manticore and I well and knows that the mission we have been given by him takes precedence above a gathering of Sith.”

A dark chuckle left his lips, ”Of course, whichever Insipid this is, he has a tendency to, what is it, ‘kill the messenger’, but thank you for volunteering to do so.”

He turned away for a moment, to the comm station. To the Shadow there, ”Send the same brief we did for Soliloquy to the Emperor. Address it to him, his eyes only, from his Lords of Hate and Hunger.” he instructed. As soon as the chime sounded that the message had been sent he turned back, his eyes glittering, ”To avoid any ‘accidental’ omissions on anyone’s part when they report to the Emperor.” he said, his eyes boring into Iudex before turning and winking at Manticore.

Sabel remained quiet as the other Sith conversed, he was cataloguing and adding to his knowledge base about them. When the broadcast came through on their end he heard it and an eyebrow rose. The Emperor of that group was, somehow, once more alive, ordering his Sith to attend him. The debate that took place almost made him laugh, the Falleen seemed to be on his own in the desire to return to the other Sith, or would be with the female.

The nav system chimed and he noted that they now had a course to the ship of Hate and Hunger. ”If you do not have a shuttle Iudex and Shimmer may use to return, I have one in the hangar of the yacht. We now have locked on and will head to you directly. I will raise you on comm again when I arrive at your location.” A wry grin to Iudex followed, then respectful nods to Hate and Hunger before the call ended.

He looked at Zestus, ”Get us there, my Captain.”

Shimmer shrugged as she snapped off the comm. “I mean, we weren’t mentioned in that order.”

“We could carry on as we were - unless you intend to order us to go back to Hapes, High Lords of the Sith? Is the Emperor’s Apprentice to be commanded by you?” She pulled a slightly amused expression, but glanced at Iudex. “I mean we could have some quiet time, on the way.”

She smiled.

The Pykestaff hesitated. “It could take time for Insipid to rein in the Sith. But Snoke has a superweapon now, we need to either go for him with everything we have now - including Iudex and Shimmer - or we need to accept that we’re launching a feint until Insipid brings the rest of us.”

“It’s our decision, not Insipid’s - nor until he takes back command. And I vote that we go ahead with Sabel and stop Snoke from firing again, even if we can’t defeat him alone.”

He shrugged his Pyke shoulders.

“Probably.”

Shimmer rolled her eyes. “I vote we go to the Maelstrom and do our best, with Sabel. Now.”

Pykestaff tapped his chin. “Me too.”

“Assuming democracy works, that is,” said Pykestaff wryly.

"Then we ALL go to Snoke."

Manticore spoke with a finality that would brook no challenge. This was no time for delicate diplomacy. The majority was in agreement and that's all that truly mattered. They would do their best to delay the inevitable, for that's all they could do. If the 'cavalry' arrived on time, or at all, was something out of their control.

"Let us prepare ourselves for Lord Sabel's arrival, I doubt we'll have any downtime after that."

He glanced briefly at Lord Iudex and Shimmer with a hint of amusement.

Bernael nodded at what Manticore said. He agreed with his brother. This was no time to debate or be divided. Even if Iudex or Shimmer were reluctant companions in this endeavor it needed to occur. Turning to the Shadow on the comms, ”Send a secondary message to the Emperor, that Iudex and Shimmer will be accompanying us. The original data burst already includes the destination and reasoning so no need to reiterate it. Once completed, have the two contingents, Shadows and Aran Tyr alike, prepare.”

Glancing at Manticore, he knew they’d both be fully prepared for the battle but the question was...his gaze turned to Iudex and Shimmer, ”Resolve what is there, without hampering either of your combat efficiencies, asap. I won’t have this battle impaired by that.” his voice low, gravelly, brooking no argument.

"You misunderstand, a coded message is all that is needed." Iudex stated matter-of-factually with a wave of his hand. "We are spread too thin to break our party up further."

He turned slowly to face Shimmer. "Lord Soliloquy's apprentice will continue to be commanded by me for the duration of this mission, yes." He corrected sternly, his expression dour save for a slight twitching of his brow. "Once more we serve a purpose greater than ourselves. Act accordingly. "

"I will begin my preparations for battle immediately." Iudex said, offering both Hate and Hunger a small bow of his head. "I am eager to witness your prowess in person.."

“Well said, Lord Iudex, then we are agreed. We face the Supreme Leader together."

Manticore returned the Falleen's bow with one of his own. Indeed, it was good to be about the Emperor's business once again.

"Now to attend to a final piece of business...."

Lord Hate signaled to the Pykestaff to follow as he began to turn.

"By your leaves my Lords."

With those words spoken, the zabrak Sith Lord did depart the ship's bridge in search for more private accommodations, fully expecting the Pykestaff to do as he was bid.

Bernael remained on the bridge, all he needed doing was already done and he would wait with his people for Sabel’s arrival. They would all be together soon and then launch to the battle that could define the future of the Sith, with the resources they had, hopefully enough.

TAGS: @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Lady Belligerent, @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ, @Adalia-Durron, @greyjedi125, @Silvertough, @E. L.Knight

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Captain Teems (Sinre) and Major Tong (Ishy)
    Battle Dragon Vassalage "going rogue"

They hopped into hyperspace chasing down their battle platforms. He glanced over at the Major. “Oba Diah. Isn’t that crime lord territory?”

So strange, the orders barked by that woman, Leia. First she was upset about the ship coming in system, then she was upset about the ship leaving the system. No pleasing her, it seemed. Next she was going to be complaining about Hapan moons orbiting the wrong direction or something.

Teems' ship seemed to be running smoothly. All beings had their orders that they were following efficiently. She couldn't help but think, he runs a good ship, for a man. Their rogue run had gone well. The ship evaded the blockade effectively and was well on its way following the freighter. She was keeping an eye out, though, in case someone or another decided the play-acting rogue should become real.

The Lucrehulk and the Battle Dragons both had the same class hyperdrive, so the distance between them was remaining relatively constant. As Teems had said, their destination was Oba Diah. It occurred to her that she didn't know anything about the planet, so she said so. "I'm at a loss. Let me look it up." Using her pad, she looked up the system. "Here it is. Yes. The Pyke Syndicate. Though it appears they're not what they once were. A shadow of themselves." She kept researching them anyway. Best to be prepared if they encountered some of the former Pykes.

Her research into the system turned up a strange planet. Sister planet, really, to Oba Diah called Stane. The atmosphere wasn't breathable, but it produced a relatively specialized metal. The miners, a proud bunch, called themselves "Iron Men." Possibly something could be arranged with them.

"Curious," Teems said. He reviewed his last orders. "The Admiral told us to give regular updates, which will of course involve leaving hyperspace and giving them an ever-increasing lead." He looked back to the Major. "I imagine she's worried we'll encounter a problem and she'll lose the latest report, but what are your thoughts?"

She paused her research to respond to respond to her captain's question. "I'm compiling a series of reports. When we come out of hyperspace, they'll be sent automatically. If you're that concerned about it, we can always have an 'all stop' for a minute to send reports. We won't lose too much time. Your call."

"Alright," Teems said. "Let me know when you're ready." He waved at the pilot to prepare for a brief reversion, no more than a minute. "We should be able to claw back the time if we push it. Depends if the Kuati updated the old Federation engines."

The Major responded, "I'm ready," but then she spoke to the crew, "Everyone hold onto something. Especially if you're inexperienced with this maneuver. Unless the pilot is better than any I've ever seen, you're going to feel like your head has left your body and is going through the front bulkhead." She grabbed onto an available bar attached to a nearby station.

Teems grabbed on, and, yes, her estimation was correct - the ship decanted, the crew responded brilliantly, and at 56 seconds, they lurched back into hyperspace. "Excellent," he said. "Well done, people."

The Captain was smiling very unprofessionally, and his expression returned to cool indifference swiftly.

Tong felt some discomfort, too but, a testament to the pilot, not as much as she had previously. "Good job, all of you," she stated.

"Captain, what are our plans in terms of this Federation ship? Are we going to storm it or something? We'd need to ensure we have enough of a complement to do that." She pulled up the personnel records while she spoke.

Teems looked down in thought. “I was planning to scatter our hyperspace mines and angle for the engines. If we can keep most of its mass between us, it can’t use the majority of its weapons on us. Most of the crew will be within the central ‘ball’, so we won’t need too large a boarding party, hopefully.”

“We’re fully equipped,” he confirmed to her. “I may try and target the ‘neck’ and separate the ball ship.”

Tong was impressed. Teems plan was a good one. It didn't require much personnel, which was a good thing for this crew. It did require a healthy dose of surprise, though. "Obviously we need to try to not destroy the ship. After all, that would take down our orbital platforms, as well. Need to come in-system in exactly the right place."

Tags: @Sinrebirth, others in the Oba Diah System

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    A quick combo between myself and the Master GM, @Sinrebirth

IC: Lord Manticore & The Pykestaff
    Aboard the Maurauder

So, it had come to this after all.

Manticore had hoped there would be more time, or a different candidate. But those options were no longer on the table. He had played out a thousand different scenarios in his mind, and this was the one he had reserved for last. The darkside of the force had now made it his only option, his only choice.

Lord Hate bid the Pykestaff follow him after the meeting on the bridge was concluded. After ordering his Aran Tyr to prepare for a grand battle, he excused himself. The others needed to prepare and so did he.

In short order, Manticore found a room that was currently empty and closed the door after the Pyke leader entered.

"I made you a promise and have come to a decision."

The zabrak leveled his fiery eyes at the Pyke. He wasn't going to explain his thought process at this juncture.

"I have the perfect force sensitive body for you to reside in."

A pause is given.

"Mine."

The Pykestaff raised its eyebrows. “Oh?”

“Does that seem advisable, with your first Master’s experience with Darkness, and the Epitaph that birthed me?” He sounded wry, suddenly speaking of Anguish and other things he had not offered before.

"The Hermetica was destroyed and what remained of it died when I slew Anguish." Manticore mused, not reacting to the 'Staff' sudden change in attitude.

"Because of him, I know the 'Heretical Liturgy of the Betrayer'. The teachings of Darth Traya have no power over me, nor do you." He asserted without a shadow of a doubt.

"I know you have no love for the sith, or the living for that matter, aside from desiring a force-sensitive body. You have made no commitment to our cause while we travelled, but remained just useful enough. You are a flight risk and you know it. Snoke will not have you."

Manticore huffed at that particular prospect.

"Shimmer or Iudex are not mine to offer, and there is no one else who can serve as a worthy host. We cannot face Snoke as we were, so it comes to this."

“Snoke will want me, I imagine,” the staff sighed. “He’s too hooked into the Old Ones and the Architects and the Twilight Wars to not know about the Epitaph’s...”

He eyed Manticore.

“I may break your mind, you do realise.”

"You mean expand it." Manticore corrected with a smirk.

"It's been broken and reforged enough times to last several life times. You are welcome to try, I might even enjoy it." the zabrak offered.

Manticore never spoke of the dark things he'd had to endure at the hands of Lord Anguish since childhood. In truth, only Bernael would understand, given his own upbringing. At this stage in their lives, few things could 'break' beings such as they, so very few indeed. Manticore was looking forward to that challenge, but more so, to the robbing Snoke of a potential resource that he would now possess. If the Staff was coming along, it was best to secure it for good. One way or the other.

The ‘staff realised that Manticore had discovered the truth. That strong Darknesses - and terrible Chaos’s - they could not be stopped. They could merely be locked inside a strong willed individual, and taken with them into the Netherworld when they died.

To think this man would work it out.

“So be it.”

As he spoke, the Pyke form disintegrated - and a spectral entity leapt for him!

The zabrak only smirked in response, eyes sparking as he witnessed the disintegration of the Pyke body and appearance of the Staff's spectral form.

Manticore almost grinned, but refrained as that would be premature.

This was a double trap.

The Staff required a powerful host body and Manticore required Power. These were two exceedingly willful creatures. A struggle for supremacy and dominance was the natural order of things. Manticore did not put up a struggle or erected any mental shields, he wished for the connection to be made, for the Staff would be entering his arena and not neutral ground.

Lord Hate's astral space was dominated by interminable, unquenchable FIRE as far as the eye could see. His indomitable will was single and it was all. Floating within the conflagration was he, the personification of the zabrak. It was shrinking, making itself 'accessible', now measuring a mere five meters in height, instead of the titanic form it bore a heartbeat ago.

[​IMG]
    Welcome to MY DOMAIN

It was more a statement than a greeting.

The Darkstaff was reshaped and apparent. It took the form of a stately politician, or, was it an actor? It was all shadow, all black, with golden eyes.

Is this where you consume me whole? Lock me in you, so I may never be used against you again? You can only do it once... what about the other Darknesses?

He glowered.

Isn’t this how Palpatine died in your old timeline? Trapped in a dying Jedi form, and dragged to the other side?

A snort.

The Seventh Darkness, lost in such a pathetic way. I have higher hopes for him here... though his Empire collapsed all the quicker so his legacy has already disappointed me...

Spare me your opinions of what was or can no longer be.

Manticore's voice came from nowhere and everywhere at once, completely unfazed by the obsidian form with the golden eyes, though there was something so vaguely familiar about it.

You were lost and forgotten, not seated in preeminence.

He reminded.

We need only defeat Snoke, then you can be free.

At the mention of the Supreme Leader, pillars of flame exploded and stretched into the stratosphere, roaring like dragons in the distance.

We are in accord then.

He held out a hand to shake.

Until Snoke, you shall benefit from my power.

A quirk of a grin.

Don’t waste it.

It will be glorious

Two wills. One accord.

The union still did not guarantee victory, but it certainly increased their chances by a small margin. Manticore had learned a few things form Emperor Insipid over the years. He would never achieve the measure of Mastery the Sith Emperor so effortlessly demonstrated during such situations, but he was learning and applying those lessons to suit his purposes. Manticore was well aware the staff could still betray and sabotage, but if it chose to turn itself from ally to enemy, well, how much closer could he be?

In the end, 'no risk, no reward'. Therefore, the risk was worth taking against the End of Time.

Manticore reached out his clawed hand and clasped the black figure's to symbolically seal their agreement and readied his mind for whatever transformation would follow, if any.

No, Manticore would not be wasting this chance. Not.At.All.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

6. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Of course 'daddy' Renn had to get a quick response in and thanks to @darthhelinith for the short bit of combo.

IC Renn and Helinith
    Parents...it seems

”I wasn’t expecting them to ‘flower’ so soon, my little Craziness, but it seemed they responded immediately to our joint energy encouraging growth.” Renn said softly. He watched as she took care of Baby, gently encouraging it and settling it into a pot of soil. He could feel the contentment in the infant Neti as she did so and he smiled at her, nodding at what she was doing. She may not have expected or known that she would be a mother at this point but she was doing beautifully.

As the moment ended he heard a cough by Baby’s siblings guarding the entryways. Looking up he felt a presence beyond it and when he enquired, received confirmation that the ‘greeting’ that Helinith desired prepared had been done so in the hangar. Thanking them he turned back to her, ”The others will be safe here and give us time to ensure no one disturbs them, but Baby can come with to greet the Emperor and the High Lords.” Reaching down, he held out his hand to assist her to her feet.

Helinith took it gratefully and pulled herself to her feet.

"For the moment, we should keep this-" she gestured to the plants around them- "between us. I don't want any of the other sith to take advantage of them. They're young and impressionable."

He nodded, in full agreement. ”They need to be protected and cared for and already see us as their parents, not sure how they’d react to others trying to do anything to or with them.” He saw a tendril from Baby reach out and wind around her wrist, where she was holding the pot, ”Not sure he’s going to want to stay here though.”

Helinith nodded and stroked the little vine.

"It's fine." She told the netiling, "You're staying with me."

She looked up at Renn.

"How about giving your wife and child a lift?"

He assisted her and Baby as he lifted them to his shoulder, settling her in her usual perch. He held them both with one arm as he ducked under the doorframe and through the other infant Neti, feeling their desire to come with but settling when he let them know that they would be taken care of and he would ensure that they got them settled similarly to Baby, as soon as possible after they met Insipid and the others and until then they would ensure none came to this place. He straightened then began the walk to the hangar, his long stride eating up the distance quickly.

The walk to the hangar wasn’t long and along the way he felt Baby grow a bit more, his tendrils wrapping around her wrist more for a little extra support. When they arrived everything was as he’d been told and the preparations were complete. She slipped down from his shoulder and to her feet as they had walked through the hangar. He and Helinith, for now still in their roles as Prince Regent and Queen Mother, took their places at the fore. They were the only Sith that had been on Star Home as it was so it was their place to be there to greet the Emperor and the others when their ship touched down.

As they waited he turned, leaning down, smiling at her softly, ”I hope Insipid enjoys your surprise, I don’t want to have Star Home destroyed again.”

TAGS: @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Lady Belligerent, @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ, @Adalia-Durron, @greyjedi125, @Silvertough, @E. L.Knight

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A combo with @QueenSabe7 and @Sinrebirth

IC: Aryan Graul, Syren, and Mas Amedda
    Enroute to the Hangar, Aboard the Luxury Elite, Hapes

The tremors, which initially announced their departure from hyperspace, abruptly ceased. While this restored silence to their portion of the ship, it was only a momentary reprieve. An intercom system soon crackled to life overhead as someone tapped into the bridge’s main communication relay. There was a brief burst of static, followed by an exchange of idle ship chatter, but then Insipid’s authoritative voice superseded them both to assert control.

For his part, Aryan scowled at the Emperor’s posturing. It was his usual bluster, an embellished speech that relied on excessive theatrics to emphasize his point. And yet, it proved extremely effective. The fact that the man had managed to bring order to the lost factions—and with minimal effort—rankled him more than he cared to admit.

Nevertheless, he did not allow those feelings to betray his professional demeanor. If he was honest with himself, he might have even found some amusement in the way Insipid passively referred to him as a ‘High Lord.’ He could certainly get used to that.

"All Sith are to head to the hangar," the Emperor continued after another break in the transmission. "We shall disembark and kill any who resist the return of the rule of the True Sith Triumvirate."

Lifting a brow, Aryan canted his head to regard Mas Amedda with a wry grin. "I believe that’s our cue," he drawled in an even tone, gesturing with his hand for the Chagrian to proceed him. "Shall we?"

Once they were back out in the corridor, it didn’t take long to assess the damage and reorient themselves. According to the map he recalled on his datapad, the hangar was only a few levels below them; the nearest turbolift bank should give them the most direct route.

However, Aryan wasn’t going anywhere without Syren.

Locating the fiery redhead among the wreckage, the former Prime Minister staggered over the debris to reach her position, his hand tentatively gripping her bicep to offer support if she should require it. "Hey, are you alright?"

His forehead creased with concern as he appraised her with his eyes, clearly checking her over for any apparent injuries.

"Yes, I'm fine," Syren replied, a little harsher than she would have liked as she pulled her arm out of Aryan's concerned grasp. She had stayed back and allowed him to speak with Amedda alone, knowing it would do no good to stay perched on his shoulder, watching his every move. It would've been smothering, and besides, he had stayed close enough that any danger would've been sensed in time for her to act. "I'm just getting frakking sick and tired of these constant..." her hands gestured to the destruction around them. "... power struggles."

Stepping in and cupping Aryan's cheek with a hand, she warily eyed the chagrian at his back. "Are you alright?" she whispered, inferring much more than just his physical state.

A soft scoff escaped his lips when she vented her frustration over the constant dissension within their ranks. He could certainly relate, especially when it came to internal politics—or lack thereof. It was tedious and petty.

However, Aryan quickly dismissed those sentiments, his expression turning serious when Syren reached up to stroke his face. He involuntarily shuddered at her touch, though he did not allow that to distract him from the urgency of this moment. While he was glad to hear that she was fine, he could also detect the worry in her gaze, her eyes swirling a stormy gray as they searched his own.

That’s when he realized that she knew about the strange psychological episode he had experienced. She had likely felt the change in him, which meant any attempts to conceal it from her would be a futile gesture—not that he would do such a thing at this juncture. He trusted Syren implicitly. With her Force sense, perhaps she could even provide some valuable insight on how to manage the effects.

"I’m—yeah," he murmured quietly, his hand reaching up to encompass the one she had rested upon his cheek. Gently, he began to guide her fingers over the coarseness of his silvery beard. "I’ll be fine. I can explain more later, once we’re not so susceptible to prying eyes…"

Aryan then rocked back on his heels and glanced pointedly at Amedda. "Present company excluded, of course," he amended with a shrewd smirk. "Through a mutual understanding, the Grand Vizier has agreed to accompany us. He recognizes the overarching importance of our mission and wishes to serve as our ally. No doubt his expertise will prove invaluable in achieving certain goals."

The Chagrian did not hear a word, he was simply watching and smiling, his emotions a bubble of awe at his involvement.

Syren raised a brow. "And you think that's a good idea?" she asked immediately, moving back and around Aryan slightly, putting herself in full view of Amedda. She looked him up and down, clearly letting him know she didn't approve.

She knew a snake in the grass when she saw one.

With a sigh, Syren raked her fingers through her disheveled hair. "Nevermind, I trust your judgment." The assassin rested her hands upon her hips and looked back up at Aryan. "What's our next step?"

Aryan’s gaze lingered on the Chagrian, his lips pressed together into a thin line. He understood Syren’s point, and while he did have his own reservations about Amedda’s long-term…commitments, he also couldn’t ignore the immediate—and personal—benefits. Not only would it help facilitate his own advancement, but it gave them a clear advantage over Insipid.

Despite the Emperor’s promises, Aryan remained cautious. He wanted to ensure that he had a card tucked up his sleeve for when the man decided to inevitably overstep his bounds. It was all about checks and balances, after all.

"We comply with Insipid’s instructions," he answered Syren’s question in a low rumble, now moving down the corridor toward the turbolift at a clipped pace. "Which means assembling in the hangar, getting off this gods-forsaken ship, and staking our claim."

Aryan slapped the control for the lift and stepped inside once the doors parted. "I don’t intend to get left behind…again."

Syren followed Aryan, shaking her head as he spoke. She grabbed his arm, tugging on it with enough force to halt him in his tracks.

"Why do we care? Why?" she spat, her emotions unraveling. "You and I..." Her thoughts raced, moving too fast for words to form.

"Aryan, why do we keep doing this?"

Sliding to a stop, Aryan turned and studied her under an intense gaze. He recognized her concern and the underlying ideas that fueled those anxieties. They have both faced insurmountable odds alongside the Sith. It was a harrowing experience that saw them suffer through many hardships, including treachery and defeat. It had made sense for them to want to escape the endless cycle; to free themselves from the tyranny. They had even vowed to do so at the first available opportunity.

Syren’s desperate plea reminded him that this could very well be that moment…

And yet, he hesitated. The game had suddenly changed—precipitated by the knowledge he had gained through his awakening—and he found himself unable to fully resist. He had become blinded by his own ambitions; for his lust for power and control. It was so close that he could practically reach out and touch it.

"Because this is what I gave up everything for," Aryan finally confessed, his voice devoid of all emotion as he pulled his arm free. "I’m on the cusp of achieving greatness, Syren. This is what we’ve crossed timelines for; what we’ve fought for. The Sith—who serve as our foundation—cannot stand when we’re divided. But now we have reestablished our base; we’re back. All of us…together. We can win this and expand our influence. It’s all ours for the taking, Syren."

His gaze lingered a moment longer, his blue-gray eyes reflecting the conviction of his words—and perhaps his descent into madness. It appeared as if he wanted to say more, his lips parting marginally, but then he simply exited the lift and followed behind Amedda toward the shuttle.

This was a chance to secure the future that fate had stolen from him at Mortis all those years ago. While he had his objections about Darth Insipid, Bellorum, Manticore, and even the quirky Serapis and Soliloquy, he knew that he could count on them to fulfill their roles, which in turn, would promote his own success.

That…

...and he found himself wanting to see Ike again. As much as Aryan hated the man, there was something he had to address. His newfound memories had revealed an interesting…fact about him too.

In that exact moment, Aryan forgot about his pact to escape with Syren—at least, temporarily. He had lost his way, completely consumed by his desire to achieve everything he had ever wanted. He was closer now than he’d ever been.

Between Amedda and Insipid, he would have it all.

TAG: @QueenSabe7; @Sinrebirth; @Lady Belligerent; @Shadowsun; others on board the Luxury Elite

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Aboard the Star Home, Hapes space

As they traversed to the floating Royal Palace, Insipid dove into the Hapan High Command records. He didn’t have time to pick up much, but he did catch the message from Manticore and Bernael, as well as two Sith by the name of Iudex and Shimmer... who he did not know.

Surely the other part of me left behind something...

This Insipid was enraged by the situation he found himself in, but there it was. Two halves of a Sith Order and both had grown without him. Yet he was being expected to seize control again? Not likely.

He took a deep, soft breath.

And then the glitter cannons went off.

With a bellow of a laugh, he shook his head. That would be his old apprentice.

He had arrived, as so too did the other Sith.

Absently, he wondered as to the entomology of a group of Sith. A murder of crows was one of his favourites... should a plurality be a Shadow of Sith, perhaps?

He eyed them, some by name, some by reputation. Soliloquy, the reluctant Emperor, who was going to be all too glad to foist the role onto him, no doubt of that. Takaris Yur, a Keshiri apprentice; Renn and Helinith, as trouble as ever, earning a very warm smile - he completely refused to acknowledge the baby pot. At all.

Behind him, disembarking, Bellorum as his Triumvir, Aryan and Amedda, the only Chagrian and ostensibly less important here than he had been in their own timeline, though in this moment he had lost track of Syren. It was the same with his own apprentice - Azathoth had made his own way, nursing his concerns and curiosity. Hekate he would nod to; they’d never formally met.

There were so many balls in the air... the sooner he delegated to the Dark Lords and High Lords, the better - for him, for them, and their Order.

Otherwise, there was an Ithorian imprisoned in the prisons of the Hapan Royal Palace, and it would be made available for Serapis-Astarta if he wanted it.

And there was Ike, his former consort, and, well, it was very complicated now. Insipid narrowed his eyes at the man, and his Black-Coat, glancing to Soliloquy, who kindly had taken a mildly recognisable form. Insipid saw his Holocron, a little version of himself, and without a word yanked it to his hand.

He cracked it, a spectral energy emerging with a howl, eager to possess an enemy - and Insipid opened his mouth and swallowed it whole like a stream of ghoulish liquid. Smacking his lips - even licking them - his eyes glowed yellow briefly and he quirked a smile. None of them would have likely seen that before - and he bet Azathoth would have been surprised.

His eyes blazed white for a moment, and then reverted to their usual hard and burned out golden. He cast a glance over them all, and smiled at them all. “Well done, Sith, one and all.”

He ensured this was shown on a the private Hapan High Command channel that Serapis - if he did not return here - had access to, as did the Admiral Tomsini. Too did High Lord Manticore and his team, in pursuit of - ah yes, Snoke.

He knew almost everything that had transpired.

Their Sith Emperor looked to them.

“Follow me to the Round Room. It is time for us to be numbered, and our hierarchy, for the last time, redefined.”

—-
    The Round Room

Insipid regarded the room of white thrones in the heart of the Star Home. He imagined Admiral Tomsini had never seen this room, but Insipid ensured a feed was connected to her still.

There were thirteen seats lowered to the ground.

He would fill them all.

He bade their all sit, apart from the Sith apprentices.

And then, with a surge of the Force, the seats rose.

Insipid was highest.

Bellorum, second.

Possibly to his surprise, Soliloquy was third. Insipid grinned as he elevated above all the other Sith present. As your just reward for competent rule he sent into the Force. Triumvir Soliloquy - in the absence of Lord Haretisch, he would be an Acting Dark Lord.

The fourth seat was empty.

The fifth, it belonged to High Lady Syren.

Aryan Graul occupied the sixth, as much as Insipid would have enjoyed the couple sharing a chair, Syren was an obvious fifth.

Beneath Graul was the seventh, assigned to Serapis in recognition of his steadfast support for the Sith Order.

Eighth was Ike, if only because Insipid needed to put him somewhere. Also nepotism and inevitable complaining in the bedroom (if they ever got that far) meant Insipid had to give him something prominent. Ike for his part smiled maliciously at Aryan. Insipid wondered as to that.

Ninth was also empty, due to the absence of its owner.

Helinith was tenth, and besides her Renn, at eleventh. Insipid doubted the pairing would be a surprise, but the numbering might. But now the full Order was here, it had to be adjusted according.

Twelfth was vacant, for the same reasons as fourth and ninth.

Thirteenth, but by no means last, was Hekate, for her role as teacher of their youngest deserved a place.

Insipid cast his eyes at Azathoth and Takaris Yur. “Apprentices will earn their seats as they ascend to Lordship. But for now the True Sith Order stands so.”

“Fourth and absent is of course High Lord Manticore, and similarly ninth is Lord Bernael, and twelfth is Lord Iudex,” he indicated the empty seats.

He allowed them the merest moment to acclimate themselves to their positions.

“You have surpassed my greatest hopes and expectations. Hapes is ours, and Kuat our tool. Kesh is our secret, and we shall undoubtedly add Coruscant and Nubia to our sphere of influence - and the entire Imperial remnant.” His words would touch them all in different ways. “New apprentices have been trained, or are nearly trained, and we grow stronger with every passing day. There is no power struggle between myself and Dark Lord Bellorum, for we have an accord, and Queen Mother and Prince Consort to keep us strong in this realm.” He nodded to Helinith and Renn, making it clear he intended to keep them in their present roles.

His tone darkened.

“But we have a great enemy. Snoke and his First Order have acquired a superweapon that can manipulate gravity to power a blast across galactic distances. It must be destroyed, and Snoke defeated. He has kidnapped Prince Isolder, who the Hapans still believe in. So too has he relieved us of defensive platforms necessary to ensure the New Republic is no threat to us.”

As he spoke, a sly voice picked at Azathoth. So you’re the new apprentice. It was harsh, and brittle, and violent.

For his part, Amedda remained absolutely joyful that he was again part of the Sith. Insipid hesitated for only a second as he cast his eyes over the Chancellor’s Staff, with the small statue of Sistros atop it. His gaze flickered to Graul, and then back to Amedda, and continued on. It was the smallest of moments - only those who knew him personally would recognise it.

Such as Bellorum, Aryan, Ike and Helinith. Maybe Soliloquy. Maybe Serapis, by this point. But even Syren would feel some concerns about the staff.

“It is my intentions to forthwith take all of our remaining and gathered strength - every Dragon, ever cruiser, even this Star Home, to advance upon Snoke and kill him and every last scrap of his First Order.”

He grinned mercilessly.

“Who is with me?”

—-
    Blockade Line

Of course Admiral Tomsini and the Thunderstar had other things to do than pay attention to politics and grand plans and potential insanity.

Leia had cut the line and reinforced the blockade line with dozens more launched starfighters, swarming the Hapan Dragon but not firing. Essentially bluffing the Admiral to shoot at them. She had a limited set of options - but regular updates from Captain Teems and Major Tong - her Dragon was in hot pursuit of the megafreighter with their battle platforms aboard, and was about to reach Oba Diah.

Admiral Tomsini had the ability to address the gathered Sith aboard the Star Home back at Hapes, as did Serapis if he wasn’t present there himself.

For now, the blockade had not yet turned into an invasion - but it might, if she misplayed this moment.

Not that Leia was willing to talk anymore - even if she allowed them to recover their dead.

Impasse, or... opportunity?

—-
    Oba Diah

The ship of Lord Sabel caught up with the ship of Manticore, Bernael, Iudex and Shimmer at Oba Diah - there was no way into the Akkadese Maelstrom without arriving at the former Pyke world first.

Shimmer spent that time mostly unclothed, but one could hardly say precisely what occurred. We’d have to see, that we would. (If anything.)

But from the moment they arrived, they would have two surprises.

One, a Trade Federation megafreighter bearing Kuati colours appeared, and the next, a Hapan Battle Dragon. Of course, Captain Teems and Major Tong would he surprised to see a smaller ship bearing Hapan command codes, and hesitate in their pursuit -

They did send an update to Admiral Tomsini that the megafreighter launched into the Akkadese Maelstrom, and they were poised to pursue -

Unless ordered otherwise.

And Manticore and Bernael (and Iudex if paying attention) would now have an update as to their seats in the True Sith Order - and Soliloquy’s elevation to the Triumvirate in the absence of Lord Haretisch, following his time as Reluctant Acting Emperor (RAE for short, perhaps).

The Chiss Lord Sabel would also have to regroup with them, of course. Zestus eyed the megafreighter as it vanished, and the Battle Dragon which hung as if intending to go but unsure if it had permission to do so.

“The Attendant didn’t follow us,” he commented absently.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @Silvertough, @Shadowsun, @DarthIshyZ, @Adalia-Durron, @Nehru Amidala, @Darth_wanderguard

Requested combo: Silvertough and GM for Iudex and Shimmer.

Requested combo: Shadowsun and GM for Azathoth and Voice.

Requested combos: Greyjedi125, DarthBernael and DarthIshyZ and maybe Adalia-Durron for Oba Diah orders and discussion between Manticore, Bernael, Teems, Tong and Tomsini as applicable.

Singles otherwise!
    —-
    IC: ????

Returning to orbit, 35 ABY, aboard Oovo IV

As the Kaminoan travelled to the orbiting ship of the Five, a powerful Force presence stabbed into his mind, forging a connection notwithstanding that whoever it was, they were very far away.

So you’re part of the past I must kill.

The voice was muffled, as if behind a mask.

It was also sharp, and mocking.

TAG: @Darth Cocytus (combo)

9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Arrival of the Emperor[/b]

Renn didn’t realize he’d been holding his breath as the shuttle landed and the Sith stepped off of it. That was, until the glitter cannons went off and Insipid laughed. At which point he let out an explosive breath, smiling deeply as he did so. ’Thank the ancients.’ he thought.

His hand reached out, squeezing Helinith’s as Insipid’s gaze raked over the gathered Sith. At the smile that was bestowed upon he and Helinith, he grinned in return, even with the command that the Emperor had given he was certainly the same being that had brought them together in the first place before taking them to visit Abeloth in the past and then tossing them through a time/space portal and to this place.

Behind the Emperor ranged three female beings and three male. Based on how they stood, their proximity or distance from Insipid gave him an idea of their place in the hierarchy, two of the women were the closest and seemed of the sort of power level to be a High Lord or more. Another of the males had the same feeling although his presence in the Force was odd, as though it touched him but he was almost blind to it, save for a bond to one of the powerful women. The Chagrian male had power but not that level and the last...he had all the earmarks of an apprentice.

He had a feeling that the introductions would be made, and shortly. But then another chortling laugh escaped him as Insipid took the holocron that Soliloquy had in his possession and cracked it open, drinking of his own essence. It had been so long since he’d seen anything like it and the ability and power he knew Insipid had made the display not as surprising as it would be otherwise.

And then the Emperor spoke once more,

“Follow me to the Round Room. It is time for us to be numbered, and our hierarchy, for the last time, redefined.”

He let himself be caught up in the wake of Insipid’s passage, as all the others did. The trip was short, to the Round Room and he waited as he saw the thrones inside once more. As Insipid took his seat, the highest, he gestured, one by one and the others were shown their own place in the hierarchy. Insipid, the Emperor, was of course highest. Lady Bellorum, ’Ahh I was right about one of the woman, a Triumvir…’ was second. Soliloquy, and at this Renn grinned that his little brother still couldn’t escape power as a Triumvir, was third.

The fourth seat was empty. The fifth seat was filled by one he learned was named High Lady Syren. One of the males, introduced as High Lord Aryan Graul, occupied the sixth. Beneath Graul, under what had to be the High Lord seats, was the seventh, assigned to Serapis. Eighth was the male that looked like a toyboy, Ike, for whatever reason the Emperor had for such a placement.

Ninth was also empty, due, he was sure as with the fourth, to the absence of its owner. Helinith was tenth, and he took the seat indicated next to her, at eleventh. Twelfth was vacant, for the same reasons as fourth and ninth. Thirteenth, was the last of the females that had accompanied Insipid, introduced as Hekate.

Once the seats were filled or assigned Insipid spoke again,

“Fourth and absent is of course High Lord Manticore, and similarly ninth is Lord Bernael, and twelfth is Lord Iudex.”

Insipid barely gave them time to react to the assignments before he began to speak once more. Renn listened intently, making sure he marked any important point the Emperor had to say. When the subject of Hapes came up, and their place with regard to it, he frowned. ’Wonderful, still have to play noble...I think my little Craziness would agree, we were hoping to be able to let loose and get back to causing chaos.’ his thought tinged morosely.

As he gazed around the room he noticed that the Chagrian had something he recognized, vaguely. He recalled a similar sceptre in Insipid’s hands when he took them to see the Chaos Goddess and then again before they were sent through to here, making him wonder how or whether the apparent Sith was going to be able to keep it, in the coming days.

His musings almost made him miss Insipid’s remarks about the fleet, and Star Home. That bit gave him a start though, remembering the ‘kids’. He leaned over until he was close to Helinith’s ear, whispering, ”If we’re all going, and Star Home too, we need to get the ‘kids’ clear so they don’t get destroyed.”

Sitting back up, he directed his gaze to the Emperor, ”Lord, I am not sure how you desire the order of battle to go. And I cannot speak for Admiral Tomsini but I would believe that after Helinith won the admiration and loyalty of the Hapans, she and I will need to come with or the Hapans may balk at following the Sith into this battle. In that case,” he glanced at Helinith, ”our place would be here on Star Home as the fleet travels.”

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Emperor Soliloquy the Relieved & Emperor Insipid the Reinstated
    Traveling the halls of power

The hanger bay had been a thing of horrid remembrance. Insipid was back but he was as brash and demeaning as memory had allowed. Ripping his own holocron out of Soliloquy's droid facades left hip as though it was nothing, Insipid had proceeded in consuming it like a Right of Power and dominance display not only towards the other Sith present. Yet more especially towards Soliloquy - one whom this Insipid who, except for garnered memories from his own holocron, would not remember Soliloquy as anything more than a mere holocron. Something the late Emperor had abused several times before revelations were given.

Still, that action had saved Soliloquy from making any grand gestures in front of the infant, and prevented his own displays of power and disapproval in turn. Rather simply, not in front of the baby. Soliloquy moved up to the front of the Traveling group to walk beside the Emperor on the Left side as they made their way to the appointed meeting space. "Welcome back, I suppose this will suffice for transfer of Emperor-ship back into your standing until things have been gone over. I would note that you have come in brashly and loudly in a delicately cultivated situation. Will you need me to advise going forward or shall I leave you to what you wish in next steps?"

Soliloquy was offering basically a tour of the standing of things as they were before he would fade back into the shadows of the Empire such as it was. That or act as advisor for a day or two while the returned Emperor got his orientation. Granted things were progressing well, "Especially as you are coming into the position unwell." Soliloquy stated with an air of sympathy. The man had not only handled but despite all common sense - inhaled - when he had forced a concession from the still acting Emperor Soliloquy of spiriting away Insipid's own holocron. Such things did have consequences.

Insipid turned his head to regard Soliloquy. A memory rose up, unbidden, of a violation of Soliloquy back on Kesh, and also many adventures involving the Celestial Holocron, and then the Eternal tech sequestered in this timeline by Valkorion, and the loss of Ship, the Sphere that would have served them so well, to Snoke at the Battle of Bedlam.

The Dark Lord narrowed his eyes, conscious he had not withdrawn from a droid leg, but an illusion, or, rather, a creation of Soliloquy, which gave him a great deal of control. As the other Sith wandered to the Round Room, he tucked into a corridor to walk with the former Emperor. "I suspect I own you an apology, no?"

Lifting a hand he pried at the droid face, which came off like a mask that dispelled the rest of his costume to reveal his green and fabulous chosen vision at this time. His headtendrils dancing free of the illusion as he tossed the mask away to hit the wall and burst into a shower sparks that left nothing behind.

"Well, if you merely suppose then perhaps I should wait until you feel the effects of your illness more acutely until you know you do? After all, how else are you to learn Emperor?" Soliloquy stated with a smirk and a frown, an odd combination but he was able to pull it off. Or at least he thought he did.

Insipid blinked through another transformation sequence, and chuckled. "Ah yes, I can see it." He rolled his shoulders. "Most debilitating."

"So you lead the Order in my absence, and defended the Hapan throne from a coup attempt. Very impressive." Insipid lidded his eyes slightly. "So the Holocron becomes a real boy again. Quite inspiring."

"Oh, if that inspires you - you haven't remembered nothing yet." Soliloquy stated with a lighthearted chuckle. "Well, lets go see what needs to be done to settle you and the others into roles of leadership and I can go back to growing things in petri dishes."

Insipid eyed Soliloquy. “You haven’t acquired a taste for power, even though you seemingly ruled without contest?” A hand flutter. “Save for Cocytus, of course.”

"Power is useful, but I have never been one to want the responsibility. After all, the never ending meetings and paperwork is a nightmare! You can keep it, gladly. What good is power if I cannot finish my experiments? I'm not like you or Krayt, watching others finish the work I want to do is not satisfying." Soliloquy stated with a grumble and gripe, finishing with a flamboyant bow to Insipid, "I leave that to you your highness."

Insipid grinned. "You are welcome to go."

He kept his thoughts guarded as he focused on the particularly uncomfortable infection. He would burn it free, yes, but it was a niggle, and he loathed those. Apt revenge seemed necessary, so he would bestow upon Soliloquy what he loathed.

Power.

With an airy wave Soliloquy turned and stepped lighter than he had in months. Loosing the Emperor-ship was a veritable load off his back, as though he had lost half his weight and regained his constrained functions. "Thank you sire! I'll have the antidote ready after the meeting if you still need it!"

TAG: No one, part II coming soon to a page near you.

11. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    Nil-Apharas

Cocytus paused for just a moment on his way back to the ship above this prison world as his hand clasped against his forehead . He grunted and gritted his teeth as the voice pierced into his mind holding back any cries of pain. The kaminoan wasn't afraid, however, being well past that, but rather this interference only added to his rage and annoyance.

"And pray tell, who are you to ask by violating my mind?" Cocytus asked bitterly, "Or am I finally cracking and am now hearing voices? Wouldn't be so surprised if that was the case with all the other voices that did just as you have before…"

The image gave way to a vision.

[​IMG]

"I would ask who you are in my galaxy."

"Oh... It's you." He noted, "The new Kylo Ren."

Cocytus sneered a bit.

"I am Darth Cocytus, Dark Lord of the Sith." The kaminoan answered, "But why care so much about the past when the future is what's most important?"

The Sith are nothing but the past.

He seethed.

There is no future in those who follow the old ways.

"Says the leader of two relics of Sith History," Cocytus pointed out, "The Knights of Ren and the First Order are both of Sith design seeking a return to the old ways themselves."

"Besides, the Sith and Jedi are eternal." He went on with his retort, "Just as the very Force itself is eternal, both the Dark and the Light. You can never destroy them both no matter how hard or thorough you try. They will always return and their war shall continue forever and ever. Hence 'Peace is a lie'."

"But why try to kill and bury the past when one can learn from it?" The kaminoan asked, "Only by learning from the past, to learn what went right and what went wrong, can we hope for a grander future."

Because it is always the same reason that the Dark loses.

He pointed at Cocytus.

One vision, but many voices, and in-fighting for it.

A snort.

There is nothing the past can teach us that we have not already seen.

"And that is what the Rule of Two was meant to solve," Cocytus pointed out, "Only two Sith, no more, no less. You likely know it. A single master and a single apprentice working together. And it worked... if it weren't the madness of Sidious. That is where one can learn from the past for a better future, unlike how the First Order failed to do so, leading to defeat."

The kaminoan grinned.

"Regardless, to think that you, with a wannabe empire at the end of it's rope at the hands of a Galaxy that has had just about enough of you, think you can destroy the entire Sith Order?" He asked with a laugh, "What a grand and intoxicating innocence, for I am not the only Sith..."

His eyes glowed at a possible opportunity.

"But what if I were to offer you help to wipe out those other Sith and these rebels?" Cocytus asked, "I have vision for the future just as you do, no doubt, but there are obstacles in both our ways, obstacles that we can destroy together."

I need no help.

He stared at the Kaminoan.

I shall finish what Lord Vader started. I shall become more powerful than any that has walked the galaxy. My First Order has already won.

He tilted his head.

All galactic communication has been jammed. The Supremacy has been restored. Coruscant has fallen to me.

His tone was condescending as he dropped the bombshell.

Of course...

Trying to align with this new Kylo Ren was but a long shot anyway...

"Already won?" Cocytus asked with a blink, a thin smile across his face, "Now that's the arrogance that has led to the defeat and downfall of countless Sith and Dark Jedi throughout history right up to Darth Sidious, perhaps myself included."

The kaminoan rolled his eyes at the mention of Coruscant. He recalled hearing something about that…

As for the Supremacy, this new Kylo Ren is obviously compensating for something if he is bringing back those stupidly oversized ships.

As for the Jams? That is something Cocytus should work on fixing as soon as possible.

"I must ask, though..." He asked, "Who are you? Ben Solo is dead, as are his Knights of Ren, both wiped out on Exegol. How did an Upstart like you come out of the blue?"

Come to Mustafar, and we shall tell you.

The moment passed, as the shuttle touched down on the hangar floor.

The Five were there, huddled together, concerned and curious -

"Hmmmmm?" They said in unison as the ramp dropped.

Darth Cocytus's eyes narrowed and nodded as the voice ceased.

The kaminoan walked down the ramp and gazed at The Five.

"Turns out Aurra Sing was not who she claimed to be." He told them, "Turns out one of Insipid's minions has been impersonating her for a very long time, but my talk with her has been most... educational."

His eyes glowed.

"Then I had a chat with this 'Kylo Ren'." Cocytus went on, "Offered a meeting on Mustafar which is most undoubtedly a trap."

"So our next move... Spring the trap."

He smirked thinly as his yellow eyes glowed even brighter with malice.

The Five looked at each other.

“You do realize that is Ky -“

“No, don’t tell him, he’ll make his own -“

“Next you’ll tell him about Tor Val-“

“He already knows about -“

They hesitated. “We’ll get right to it.” They scuttled away, leaving Cocytus to make a plan…

Cocytus nodded, his eyes narrowing before widening, realizing that they were not telling him something in their apparent hesitation.

"Wait." The kaminoan told them, "What does Kylo Ren has to do with Tor Valum? What more is there to them?"

They looked back.

"You'd have to ask Tor."

At that, they vanished, and the Five's ship began to turn to launch into hyperspace.

Darth Cocytus nodded.

These people were as elusive as they were strange.

The kaminoan went to his quarters to relax and reached out to Tor Valum.

So... Tell me about this new Kylo Ren. This is a new Kylo Ren, right? I felt Ben Solo die on Exegol.

I have never met Kylo Ren. I could not say. He is destined to meet me... one day. So I have been told.

Tor Valum sounded no different than he had nearly thirty years ago. He was as cryptic as he was odd.

What does it matter to you if it is, somehow, truly him? A cosmic shrug. You will oppose him no matter, no? Even as one of the chosen apprentices of Darth Sidious?

The kaminoan was partly disappointed but not surprised by Valum's reply. Seems that strange beings can never just give you a straight answer.

Because people in this Galaxy have a habit of cheating death. Cocytus replied, his eyes narrowing, Like Darth Sidious, who you have mentioned, for example... Surely his granddaughter made sure to finish the Job on Exegol and destroyed his spirit before it could find another body, clone or otherwise, to inhabit?

That failure Sidious was obliterated. His conceit will never bother us again. Perhaps.

There was a bubble within the Force; curiosity, mingled with concern.

I dare not speak more of this here. He might be here..

The connection was severed.

A moment later, the ship shuddered through hyperspace. Cocytus had a pair of choices here, in-fact. Mustafar, yes, or perhaps Remnicore…

Good. Cocytus thought in satisfaction at the destruction of the one who doomed his own Empire, One less problem to worry about.

However, there was something in the Force that concerned the kaminoan, even as the ship shuddered out of Hyperspace.

He did not like the choice he was going to make, but it felt necessary.

"Make a detour to Remnicore." Cocytus ordered the Five as he arrived at the Bridge, "Tor Valum undoubtedly has more information he wishes to share with me... personally."

@Sinrebirth

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Round Room - The Thirteen Thrones

The Sith Emperor regarded the comments of Lord Renn. The Sith was back, and Insipid nodded.

Lord, I am not sure how you desire the order of battle to go. And I cannot speak for Admiral Tomsini but I would believe that after Helinith won the admiration and loyalty of the Hapans, she and I will need to come with or the Hapans may balk at following the Sith into this battle. In that case,”, Serapis glanced at Helinith, ”our place would be here on Star Homeas the fleet travels.”

The Emperor regarded Bellorum. “As long as we have a strong forward deployment, I do not mind if some Sith remain here.” His eyes swept on Azathoth, who seemed distracted, but he pressed on.

“We stand here opposed by Snoke, a darkness of great power and unknown origin. But we must think too of the future.” He lightly gnawed at his thumb. “The Dark Lord Bellorum could be placed to remain behind, or perhaps Dark Lord Soliloquy.”

“But we need to send the largest force we can.” Insipid continued. “Snoke is connected to the Change. In our time, the End of Time saw the Old Ones escape from the Well of the Dark Side. This happens over a hundred and sixty odd years after the Battle of Yavin because of a Change caused by Darth Caedus, but here, the Change has already occurred - the Empire collapsed at the Battle of Jakku.”

“Snoke is key to unravelling that mystery.”

He eyed the other Sith and their views of his first words. “But I look forward to hearing from all of you as to your views.”

TAGS: @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun (continue combo ‘Sun), @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Lady Belligerent, @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ
    —-
    IC: Leia Organa Solo

Aboard the MC85 cruiser, blockade line

Leia studied the display. The blockade wasn’t strong enough to chase the Hapan Battle Dragon to Oba Diah and she didn’t know if she could encourage the Senate to do much more.

The woman pursed her lips. She needed to do something to change things. Leia could send frigates and corvettes after the Hapan Battle Dragon and the megafreighter… but that would get them destroyed.

Leia swallowed her pride. “This is Leia Organa Solo, can I speak to Estrella Tomsini please.” She hesitated. “Woman to woman?”

She was rolling the dice on this, but she was running out of ideas. Without coming back to the Senate, or providing Ackbar with a strong enough reason to ignore the Chancellor…

@Adalia-Durron (one-on-one combo)

TAG: USER=671549]@greyjedi125[/USER], @Silvertough, @darthbernael, to finalise combo and I shall do further TAG(s).

IC: Tor Valum

Remnicore

The world was what it was.

[​IMG]

There was the crashed monolith, there however many millennia and responsible for the devastated state of the world.

The Jedi and Sith fought over it during the Hundred Years Darkness.

Cocytus stood on the world with Tor Valum.

He would not remember when he had arrived, but he would sense the ship of the Five above him.

I wanted some privacy.

Tor Valum was hanging from a broken statue.

The Change is not for the ears of those who worship the Architects and Old Ones.

TAG: @Darth Cocytus (combo)[/b]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  13. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Darth Iudex and Shimmer
    Interlude

Shimmer took the jump from the point they’d fallen out of hyperspace as their cue, and she turned and headed to the turbolift. She held the door, smiling at Iudex. “Coming?”

Iudex, for all his supposed bravado, had no choice but to follow. Their rooms just conveniently happened to be on the same floor. In the same corridor even. He was going to need to have a very strong talk with whoever set that one up.

He regarded her coolly, keeping his mouth shut as he entered the lift. Why was this mere apprentice causing him so many headaches! He was a Sith, in both rank and name!

And yet, here he was, standing awkwardly in an turbolift with a practically naked woman at his side, who had made her feelings for him frustratingly clear. Was it his pheromones still? Surely by now she was no longer under their effect, surely.

Iudex crossed his arms across his chest, and stared dead ahead, refusing to even glance Shimmer's way. If he did, who knows what might happen.

"We go to our rooms, and we change. Nothing else." He stated bluntly, although to which of the two occupants of the turbolift he was speaking to was anyone's guess.

Shimmer looked somewhat surprised. "Awwww, I thought you would like the topknot..." She shook her head slightly. With an exaggerated pout, she let go of the button holding the door. She turned to face him, leaning on the ring handrail that circled the inner lift.

"Any particular reason you're so shy?"

The woman arched a finger, and the lift halted; she'd used the Force to press the emergency stop.

"Did you just need some privacy?" Another wag of her finger, and the cam in the corner of the lift shattered, causing the lights to flicker and then settle down.

She was playing hard, it seemed.

"... This is ridiculous." Iudex muttered with an exasperated sigh. "I don't suppose the threat of death would deter you?" A dour chuckle. No, he supposed that would make him only more enticing to her.

But really.. What was the harm in giving in? A little stress relief before the big mission could be rather nice after all..

Iudex shook his head, banishing the traitorous thoughts as he turned to glare at Shimmer. No, this would never stop if he gave in. But then it didn't look like it would ever stop if he didn't either. When did he become so sophomoric?

"Not quite the right shade of green for my tastes." He finally said casually, before releasing the emergency stop with a pointed look. "A nice try with the hair, pretty close to authentic Falleen."

Shimmer deflated a little. "You've making a girl wonder what's wrong with her, y'know." She hesitated, the lift smoothly sailing up. "Is it because I'm a clone?" Her voice trembled a little.

Iudex's eyebrow quirked up. That worked? "Hm? Oh right, forgot about that." He said offhandedly. Somehow, the conversation had gotten even more uncomfortable. He certainly had a knack for it.

Maybe that should be the title he takes? There was already a Hate and Hunger, why not a "Lord Awkward" or "Lord Clumsy"? Iudex sighed, temporarily holding back the laughter that accompanied such a daft title.

"I just uh.. Prefer to stay with my own species..?" He offered, counting down the time before he could flee this infernal elevator.

“Wow,” said Shimmer, tone bitter. “Okay then.” The door opened, and she left the turbolift at a pace. He’d done it now.

Iudex blinked again, finding himself unconsciously cocking his head to the side as Shimmer left in a huff. "That's all it took..? The threats of death were fine.. But some casual quasi-xenophobia and you're out?" He shrugged, following Shimmer out of the Turbolift with an amused expression on his face.

Not only was her sudden disinterest in him fascinating to Iudex, but more so was her apparent readiness to accept his lie. There was something else at play here, surely.

Iudex's commlink pinged, alerting him of a live feed being broadcasted straight from the Star Home. He perked up at the sound of Darth Insipid's voice. "Shimmer, our Emperor is making an address." He called out as he turned into his provided room. With a wave of his hand, the lone screen in the room activated, the address already playing in full.

An eyebrow quirked, Iudex sat cross-legged on his bed, his hands steepled underneath his chin, focused entirely on the viewscreen.

Still peeved, Shimmer nonetheless turned back to stop at the entrance to his room and watch Lord Insipid speak. “So he wasn’t dead.”

He went on.

She knew all about the numbered chairs, for her origins partner, Darth Kronos, has been upon one. He had eloped with her origin, Esmerelda, which seemed a fairly good idea in the circumstances. Leaning on the door frame, she drawled. “So you’re number twelve now. Congrats on the promotion by reshuffle.”

As an apprentice, she did not befit a seat, but at some point she might.

Iudex ignored Shimmer's barely withdrawn contempt, a satisfied smile etched on his lips. "Once thirteenth, now twelfth." He corrected with a raised finger. His loyalty to the Sith had been unwavering, a promotion within their ranks was to be expected. Still, to be promoted so quickly was appreciated.

"That other Sith," He began, intently studying the Sith present within the Throne Room, "Lord Bellorum, I believe, what do you know of her? For Insipid to douse any fears of a power struggle between the two of them.. She must wield quite the power.." He stroked his chin for a moment, lost in thought.

Hate and Hunger hadn't seemed surprised to find Insipid alive again. Was this a regular occurrence? These other Sith as well, quite a few were new to Iudex, but positioned on thrones much higher than him. Had they also returned from the afterlife? Was this simply a higher power available to a Sith?

Iudex tore his gaze away from the screen to consider Shimmer herself. She was a clone, yet could clearly wield the Force with remarkable finesse. A feat which by all known conventions was impossible. Yet, here she stood, in all her naked grandeur. Was she also a product of Sith meddling, or just a unique coincidence?

He narrowed his eyes for a moment, before deflating somewhat with an apologetic smile. "I spoke out of turn earlier, would you accept a weary Falleen's apology?" Iudex said, patting the spot besides him on the bed with an open palm.

Oh how he just wanted to be left alone. But the apprentice offered a rather unique opportunity, one that he frankly couldn't ignore. To continue to improve, he had to learn new techniques, new abilities. The details surrounding her existence could prove useful in the future. That could only be done with her cooperation, in some form or another.

Iudex allowed himself to slip into the vestiges of his upbringing, his bored expression molding into an alluring smirk. "As you said, we do have some time to ourselves before we drop out of Hyperspace.."

Shimmer’s eyes widened in surprise, and the promptly narrowed. “You decided something just then. Something to do with the elevation, but also something to do with me.”

The woman took a step forward, abandoning what attire she had. All of sudden she felt a trembling through her, but didn’t stop moving forward. “You’re using me…” Shimmer said carefully, but if it was a bluff, she could bluff back, and tease as much as the Falleen, pheromone manipulation notwithstanding. “But I can use you, too, y’know.”

Her smile was just as sultry, now standing above him.

A low purr rumbled within Iudex chest, his smile widening as Shimmer approached. "You're catching on quick.." He murmured, sealing the door behind them with a casual flick of his wrist. "..But I would be concerned if you weren't trying to use me."

His hand found its way to her exposed thigh, which he squeezed with a boyish grin. "Only one way to find out.."

He hated this, this game he had chosen to play. His own words threatened to send uncomfortable shivers down his spine. Iudex squashed such thoughts as best he could, refusing to betray the goal he had aligned for himself. Small sacrifices for the bigger picture and all. It certainly didn't hurt that today's sacrifice happened to be so blindingly attractive..

Tags" @Sinrebirth , @Lady Belligerent (mentioned briefly) , @darthbernael , @greyjedi125 , @darthhelinith

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Aryan Graul
    Round Room, Aboard the Star Home, Hapes

Aryan remained reticent, his hands resting casually upon his lap as the meeting began. Despite his unique situation—the one that designated him as the only member of this diverse group who could not touch the Force—he had assumed his position atop the sixth throne to serve as a ‘High Lord.’

From his perspective, he deserved this promotion. He was just as qualified as the other Sith gathered in this cabal, especially after everything he had endured under their scrutiny. The knowledge he had recently procured through his awakening also augmented his worth. His perseverance had elevated him to this point, and he was not about to allow the opportunity to slip through his fingers.

A hint of a smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth as he shifted his weight to watch and observe the others. There was a mixture of old and new faces scattered around the central dais.

Bellorum, Soliloquy, and Insipid occupied the topmost tier, even as the latter prattled on in his usual grandiose manner. The Emperor had an endearing quality, particularly when he spoke in this way. But as Aryan studied him under a hooded gaze, he noted a subtle change in his demeanor. The man’s eyes diverted from the others and made a quick circuit between Amedda, the Chancellor’s staff, Aryan, and then back again. It was a brief slip, though it was enough to garner Graul’s attention.

He filed it away at the back of his mind for future reference and carried on.

The fourth throne remained vacant, which brought him to Syren, who sat directly to his left as one of his fellow High Lords. Regardless of her disheveled appearance, she still looked quite radiant, and yet...he did not allow his gaze to linger on her for long. There was an underlying tension between them that was palpable. It arose from his decision to follow Insipid’s lead instead of fleeing with her to some distant world in the Outer Rim; she viewed it as an obvious lack of judgment on his part.

But it was a shortsighted perspective. She failed to understand the overarching strategy of his plan and how this would serve as the framework to finally achieve his goals. In that sense, she was being selfish. Didn’t she realize that running away would put him at a distinct disadvantage? It was clear that she had not considered the impacts on his life; he was not ready to forfeit his dreams.

That thought festered beneath the surface, fueling his anger, even as he turned to regard the rest of the Sith hierarchy. By the time his gaze finally came to rest on Ike, who resided under Serapis on the eighth throne, he was in a particularly irritable mood. The foppish man only exacerbated the situation by flashing a cruel smile in his direction, and Aryan silently seethed.

He was unable to fully explain the extent of his hatred for this man; his memories were frustratingly vague on the matter. However, he could not ignore the intrinsic nature of his emotions. It was something that resonated with him on a personal level, and he vowed to uncover the truth.

Aryan conveyed these sentiments to Ike through an intense glare, his blue-gray eyes reflecting his conviction.

Rounding out the rest of their number was a strange tree-like creature, Hekate, and a younger woman who he recognized from a rather tumultuous point in his past. They had crossed paths on Coruscant nearly twenty years ago, during the final battle of the Second Imperial Civil War. This woman, Helinith, had helped him and his family escape from the Armand Isard Correctional Facility. For that, he was forever grateful.

Bringing a hand to his chin, Aryan offered her a respectful nod. He was older now, but hopefully, she would still recall the short time they had spent together all those years ago.

Once Insipid had introduced everyone physically present in the room, he proceeded to clarify the empty thrones. They would eventually belong to three absent parties—Lord Manticore, Lord Bernael, and Lord Iudex.

Aryan narrowed his eyes curiously. It was easy to brush aside Manticore, who he was already familiar with, and Iudex, who he viewed as merely another name he would need to grow accustomed to, but Bernael was different. He piqued his interest in a peculiar way as he triggered a distant memory. Much like Helinith, he reminded him of someone who had served alongside him during the war. They had been allies, albeit grudgingly, but they had fought together all the same.

Was it possible that this was the same Bernael who had swooped in to save him above Taivas?

Even as Aryan pondered that probability, Insipid carried on with his speech to outline their immediate objectives. This involved a call to arms and a plan to eliminate the entity known as Snoke.

A scowl crossed Aryan’s features at that notion. He certainly wasn’t going to argue after what had transpired at Bedlam, but the memory lapses that encompassed the time following that battle was still a cause for concern. He remembered how he had utilized his TIE Defender to take out an Eclipse-class dreadnought—it was truly a work of ingenuity—but then…nothing.

Everything else was a blank slate.

Is that what Insipid had meant when he referenced the Change? Was it all connected?

Wait.

It was something…more?

As if on cue, Aryan was able to extract a wide array of information from the deep recesses of his mind, a tangible link that highlighted the significance of the elusive Change. He saw different timelines and scenarios, all of them ascribing to the idea that the Force had a flow and one fixed endpoint. Those who were aware of these configurations could hypothetically adjust the timelines to adhere to their ideal vision of the future.

Or they could wreak havoc and induce the End of Time.

Suddenly, the situation with Snoke became a lot more critical.

"That is only the beginning of our understanding," Aryan mused aloud, his gaze distant as he stroked his beard in pensive contemplation. "We are dealing with far more than two parallel realities. There are other points where the Change has already occurred, splintering off to create new timelines that mirror our own." He stopped short of providing details about the ones he had seen, and instead allowed his eyes to slowly survey the room. "I agree that Snoke will do everything in his power to exploit that knowledge, so intercepting him is crucial."

Aryan canted his head, that perpetual smirk evident on his features. "However, I am not a soldier. I have withdrawn from the front long ago." While he did not openly accuse Insipid or anyone else present, he intended that last part to serve as a subtle rebuke for dragging him into both the Mortis and Bedlam conflicts. He had no desire to repeat that mistake for the third time.

"But that does not mean I am not in a position to contribute," the former Prime Minister continued after a short pause. "Referring back to what our phytoid friend suggested," he waved his hand lazily to indicate Renn, "I would volunteer myself to remain behind and assume a non-combat role in this engagement. That would better suit my strengths."

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @Lady Belligerent; @darthbernael; @darthhelinith; @QueenSabe7; @Mitth_Fisto; @DarthIshyZ; @Silvertough; @Shadowsun; @Nehru_Amidala

15. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC Fun combo with @greyjedi125, @Adalia-Durron, @DarthIshyZ, and @Sinrebirth

IC Hate, Hunger, Sabel, Teems, Tong, and Tomsini
    Try as we might, they keep trying to join us in our Mission

As the yacht made it’s approach to the Maurauder Sabel caught the comment from Zestus. ”Possibly an opportunity lost, for now.” he murmured then cast his eyes over the megafreighter and the Battle Dragon that appeared. ”What do you make of them?” he hand gestured lazily at the two ships before their craft disappeared inside the hangar of the Maurauder.

He received a thought from Lord Hunger that suggested he join that Sith and Lord Hate on the bridge. ”Well, whatever or whyever they are here we shall find out when we meet the others. Prepared, my Captain?”, asked as he stood, clipping his armor’s helm to his belt.

~~~On the Bridge~~~

Bernael kept one eye on the holo of the events being broadcast from the Round Room as he also observed his Shadows and the Aran Tyr studying the two newest arrivals to Oba Deah. Glancing at his brother, ”It seems our Emperor has wasted no time in setting the new structure of the Order. And it seems Soliloquy cannot get out from a high position in the Sith.” he commented dryly.

A few moments passed and he sensed the Chiss and his companion approaching the bridge. At the same time another channel opened and a second holo appeared, revealing several Hapans. The way the holo was split indicated that the female, in the uniform of a Hapan admiral, was in a secondary location. His eyebrow rose as they appeared, ”I take it two of you are the ones in command of that Battle Dragon?” His voice was humorless, cold, unappreciative of more bodies joining the ‘party’.

The hatch to the bridge opened, Sabel and Zestus joining them. Sabel nodded in respect to Hate and Hunger, ”Once more we must face a powerful foe together. This one will be as troublesome as what happened at the Star Forge I suspect.” He glanced at the holos. As he listened to the first, ”I see your Emperor has returned, and it sounds as though he intends to bring every able body here, how will that affect our plans?” At the second he noticed the Hapan admiral, a chuckle drawn from him. He nodded at her, ”So you are who they found when they refused my suggestions. How do the chains of command suit you?” he asked her.

Estrella listened to the male speak, she glowered. "You assume incorrectly, I am in charge, Admiral Tomsini." She paused for a moment, "and believe me when I say I am as unhappy about this arrangement I believe you to be." Her tone was cold and commanding. Another spoke and she allowed a cold smile. "Why do you assume I was found? The chains of Command are not mine to be hindered by. Command suits me well, thank you." If ice could drip from her words, it would have.

Manticore arrived on the bridge, without the Pykestaff in tow. The only one who would have any inkling as to what had transpired, would be Lord Hunger

Walking silently, the Zabrak sith lord took his place next to his brother-in-arms and offered a knowing nod. Emperor Insipid had wasted no time in consolidating all sith forces under his rule once again; much as it should be.

The Maurauder had arrived at Oba Deah and joined with Lord Sabel and his forces, but that would not be all, or so it would seem.

Manticore offered a respectful nod to Sabel and his officer, for they had earned his respect.

A com channel was opened and a set of Hapans were revealed. A Male and a Female. Familiar to some, he surmised by the ensuing banter.

The combat theatre was already taking shape with allied ships arriving as well as their leaders. Manticore wished to take a measure of the new figures first before interjecting. To that end, he simply observed and listened and also stretched out with his senses, to see what strategies would be offered in their hour of need. Internally, he was also acclimatizing himself to the new energies that flowed within him.

Perhaps after the mandatory posturing, they could all get down to business. They could ill afford to tarry here longer than what was absolutely necessary.

Arriving in-system, Major Tong noted several ships. Quite the convention here, she thought. Two of the other ships were older, but still looked deadly. She noted the exchange between this unnamed male and the Admiral and smiled softly. Admiral Tomsini didn't suffer fools lightly. That much had been proven. One person was named that she found curious. Another "Emperor." She was familiar with the Emperor that was back in Hapes and worked with the Queen Mother. This new one... was he supposed to supplant the other? Would that be a peaceful change of power or would there be more bloodshed. This didn't bode well for her home system at all.

She got closer to Captain Teems to whisper, "Plans still on to take the Lucrehulk? It seems a strange coincidence that these other ships would be conveniently here to greet them."

Captain Teems took the prompt. “My Lords, I appreciate your concerns but we must launch immediately. That Lucrehulk carries four battle platforms - enough to make whatever world they are deployed to defend a truly difficult endeavour. Supreme Commander Astarta had ordered them from Kuat to defend our borders from the New Republic.”

He was speaking up where he perhaps shouldn’t, but he needed to continue the pursuit.

“You are welcome aboard this Battle Dragon or to proceed separately, but please, we must not tarry.” He waited for the inevitable rebuke from Admiral Tomsini.

Zestus, besides Sabel, reflected on the moment. “I agree, sir. Kuat sells Golan battle stations, enough to fight a Star Destroyer to a standstill. If our enemy deploys them to the Akkadese Maelstrom, we will have a fight on our hands.”

Sabel laughed at Tomsini’s rebuke, then frowned in thought at Zestus’s response. ”However much the Hapans need the battle stations simple tactics state that depriving our foe of them is the wisest course.” He glanced at the female, ”Ah that Hapan pride. I see it is as strong as ever. The question is, will it stay as strong with all that has occurred and will soon do so?” his eyes glittered a ruby red as he asked.

Bernael had found the entire exchange, to this point, amusing. His gaze wandered to Sabel, ”Do we need to do the same for you and this Hapan admiral that we did for Iudex and Shimmer? amusement tinged his tone.

Sabel chuckled at that, ”I do believe Eleodie might be a bit put out if I did that. But do go on.”

Bernael’s gaze swung once more, facing the two male Hapans on their Battle Dragon, ”Major Tong, was it? Since you seem to not understand the forces you’re dealing with, allow me to elaborate.” One hand gestured to himself, ”Lord Hunger,” he pointed at Manticore, [color= 808000]”Lord Hate, although,”[/color] his head cocked to the side for a moment, ”he is a bit more now. No we are not dead, yes we’re the reason your treacherous Hapans didn’t kill you all.”

His arm swung, gesturing at the Maelstrom, ”In there, it seems, is the one who has orchestrated all that has gone on, to date. Your little pursuit has delayed our plans, our battle to destroy him. Feel free to deal with the Lucrehulk as you will, but Sabel’s recommendation is the most obvious choice.”

Major Tong stood by the captain at ready stance. So, the mission was still on, it seemed. She was confused. Lords? Lords?!? What was Captain Teems talking about? But she tried not to show it on her face. Clearly Teems was more in the know than any of their data suggested.

She turned to look at the gunners and the leader of the landing party. They were ready for their offensives, clearly. She checked the other participants on her pad. Reports coming from all over the ship that they were ready for the "go" order. She stated to Captain Teems, "Everyone is standing ready, sir."

Estrella had to decide, was she with this new 'Sith Lord', was she going to support the Hapan Queen Mother who she knew was another form of Sith, or ...........there was a third option. Looking carefully around the Bridge of the Thunderstar she began to weigh up her options and the lives of those around her. The decision she made would affect every person aboard the Battle Dragon and that was a heavy burden to bear. One she'd grown accustomed to bearing such things, but her choice right now was not clear. Turning back to face the transmitter she took a deep breath. "I offer you the assistance of my ships, High Lords of Hate and Hunger." Around her several of the bridge members gasped at her words. She had tried to get the titles correct, she held strong and decided to join the strongest leadership or at least the strongest she believed. Survival was a complicated game.

"A wise choice."

Lord Manticore's voice rasped from under his hood, layered with unspoken meanings, his fiery eyes burning like lit embers. He offered a slow nod of approval.

His keen senses were now enhanced significantly, thanks to his merging with the Darkstaff, and though he was still getting acclimated to the more 'esoteric' aspects of that union, the skills he already possessed where not only supercharged, but benefited from an even greater level of finesse than what he was previously capable. Manticore had felt and sensed the internal conflict from the Hapan Commander. This was 'natural'. The High Lord was more concerned with her final decision and the 'truthfulness' of it.

Indeed, Manticore was satisfied with her choice and sensed the normal amount of trepidation, which was also understandable. However, in the end, Snoke was everyone's enemy.

"Snoke must not be allowed another advantage. The Lucrehulk must be stopped. Now. If we can slice into its systems, then let's do it. If not, then Ion Cannons are also an option. At worst, we board or breach the command structure. Snoke works on several layers at a time, one always being a distraction. He is trying to split our forces and delay us, even as his ultimate plan proceeds unchallenged. One team should deal with the platform, while the other proceeds inside the Maelstrom. Thoughts? Two minutes, we should deploy in three, if not less."

Captain Teems spoke up. “I agree, we must depart. I would recommend that the smaller ships advance ahead of us, and provide us with firing solutions. On arrival we shall fire immediately and hopefully catch them by surprise.”

He eyed Major Tong and the Admiral. “We’ll also send an update to you on arrival, Admiral, so you can plan your attack. The New Republic won’t easily let you out of the Cluster, but as soon as you can join us, we shall stand ready.” He saluted her.

“If my lords agree,” the Captain hazarded. “I would suggest your faster ships leave immediately and we shall follow. I will give orders for my fighters to prepare for immediate launch on reversion.”

The Hapan man was speaking words that made sense but he was male and that limited his power in the ordinary Hapan structure. But Admiral Tomsini had chosen to throw her lot in with the mission to destroy Snoke, and so they were all choosing action over the inaction of politicking.

Sabel’s eyes glittered at Tomsini’s statement, a finger tapped his lips for a moment in thought. He nodded at Lord Hate, agreeing with the male Hapan captain. ”Welcome to the cause of destroying Snoke, Admiral Tomsini.” He spun slightly, his gaze turning to the Shadows after a glance at Bernael, ”Target the connection points of the ball to the outer circle of the lucrehulk, cut off the command and the rest will shut down, leaving the cargo free to be picked up.”

Bernael nodded to the Shadows, that Sabel’s commands were to be followed as his in this battle. ”As soon as the signal is given, fire as you were directed and bring us in quickly. Do not deploy the fighters, let’s not betray that particular weapon yet. Unless we must.”

He leaned over the shoulder of the Shadow on comms, ”Send Tomsini our coordinates, and tie her in to our nets.” Standing straight again, he faced her in the pickup, ”Coordinates sent, we are factoring your ship’s capabilities into our calculations. As soon as you arrive we can advance past this obstacle.”

Glancing at Manticore he sent a thought, ’Let me guess, Pykestaff?’ He knew his brother would catch the meaning behind the question. ’Integrated enough for our upcoming battle?’

In battle, response time made the difference between life and death. A command needed to be trusted and followed implicitly, or disaster was sure to follow. Manticore knew this critical feature in the most intimate way. His saber staff was attuned to him in ways that an untrained mind could not imagine. Should the weapon suffer any variance in response outside his will, or malfunction fractionally, he would not be alive today.

This is why he followed Bernael's example. If Lord Hunger trusted Lord Sabel enough to entrust him his Shadows in their bid to destroy Snoke once and for all, then he had no reservation in doing the same concerning his Aran Tyr, his personal warrior-guards. They were all going to need the best tools and the best weapons in this engagement, and Lord Hate refused to allow his pride, which was eclipsed by his personal hate of Snoke, to hinder a potential victory.

"Lord Sabel, you hereby have command of my Aran Tyr. You are the chief tactician among us, use them to the utmost."

Manticore conveyed his commands to the leader of the Aran Tyr and bid them present themselves to Lord Sabel.

Turning slightly to Lord Hunger...

Yes, my understanding continues to expand with each passing moment brother. You and I have returned from the Abyss far stronger than we were, before we shed our mortal coil. Snoke has no idea what he will be facing. I imagine the Emperor would want his own shot at the Supreme Leader as well, and possibly Lord Soliloquy. I believe Snoke's days are numbered.

Turning again to the gathered command, Manticore nodded his agreement on the plan to deal with the lucrehulk, then observed as the mission was set in motion. Not wishing to waste another moment, the zabrak indicated that he was off to board his own ship.

"Good Hunting." He said aloud to the command staff.

His next thought was sent to Bernael with much greater clarity than ever before.

This is the moment we've been waiting for brother; into the Maelstrom - and a second shot a Snoke.

A predatory smirk graced Manticore's black lips, before he turned fully and headed to board his vessel.

Finally, it was time for things to 'End', one way or the other.

Sabel nodded in respect to both Lord Hunger and Lord Hate, he would bring their people back and use them as wisely as possible. One last time he turned to the holo of the Hapan Admiral, ”When you arrive, meet me aboard this vessel and we will coordinate actions to assist Hate and Hunger in their assault.”

Turning to the chief Shadow and chief Aran Tyr he gave commands. He directed that until Admiral Tomsini arrived the Maurauder would only fire at the area he’d targeted, the ‘bridge’ between the command sphere and the ring. Those of the two sets of troops that would be flying their fighters would take to them and fly a Combat Air Patrol around the two Lords, diverting as necessary to create false impressions of where the assault would come from. When the Hapan Admiral and her ship arrived the second job would fall to her My’til fighters.

As Sabel discussed things with the ‘Guard’ of Bernael and Manticore, Bernael chuckled, ‘listening’ to his brother. ’Yes, Snoke has garnered a stable of beings who will hammer him into oblivion, finally.’

He returned Sabel’s nod as Manticore departed the bridge. Holding up a clenched fist to the trio discussion the operation, ”Good hunting.” Striding from the bridge he swiftly descended to his fighter, ensured it was fully operational and loaded, then climbed into the cockpit, his flight and armor helmet forming around his head, melding with his mask.

As the engines roared to life, a single thought filled him, ’This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.’*

Estrella gave a nod of acknowledgment to her new leadership then proceeded to listen carefully to the conversation she was not privy to. She needed to rid herself of the New Republic, of Leia, and she needed to do it in a way that wasn't going to make a mess. She turned to the Comms officer. "Get me Leia Organa now."

*A quotation from a 1942 speech by Winston Churchill concerning the Second Battle of El Alamein.

16. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Darth Azathoth

Disgruntled and Agitated

Azathoth observed from the sidelines, admittedly agitated that he was not permitted to sit at the Table of Lords. It was he that had traveled with this Insipid from another time, not these people who knew some other version of him. Had Azathoth's declaration fallen on deaf ears?

Combined with the thoughts from earlier about what the next step would be in Insipid's plan, he could not help but feel that he was being sidelined. Even more so given that a number of these 'Lords' were former apprentices of his Master. This would simply not do.

He raised an eyebrow at the sight of his Master consuming the spectral energy, it would seem he still had much to learn about his Master's abilities.

Azathoth would not be able to keep too close attention on the proceedings as a sharp, cutting voice reached out to his mind.

So you’re the new apprentice

The context behind that line deeply agitated Azathoth, a reminder that there had been many before him. That he was not special.

Who are you and what do you want?

The declaration had, it seemed.

Who am I?

Insipid briefly regaled how important Snoke was to unravelling the Change, and the voice listened and then gave a harsh chuckle.

I am your Final Trial, of course, for clearly Insipid is too busy for you… and I am, after all, down a Knight. Might you want to lead your own order of seven darksiders? Make a name for yourself? Become more than ‘yet another’ former Sith apprentice to a Dark Lord who clearly trains Sith to co-exist with him… not to surpass him?

Azathoth's brow furrowed. The cynical man regarded this thing's questions with hesitant curiosity.

While I am disgruntled that does not mean I am going to so easily jump ship, building a reputation like that is not good in the long term.

He brought a hand to his chin, leaning back as he closed his eyes in further thought. Azathoth's mind was always moving trying to see the test behind the test. Although recently he did have a sense not to overthink things. But still this situation required thought, intrigue, not raw brute power.

So you are clearly a Force User of some kind and not just some kind of disembodied spirit. One that was likely trained by Insipid given your little commentary and if not has had their fair share of encounters with the man.

Azathoth gave a smirk, his long hair flowing by his sides as his eyes dazzled in interest. This little mystery would keep him entertained. For now.

My 'Final Trial' are you? So tell me are you truly an independent agent, or some test Insipid has sent forth to test my loyalty?

A brittle chuckle.

That you will have to decide for yourself. I shall begin your Final Trial at Oba Diah, of course. Where all things will begin and end.

A smirk parsed its way onto Azathoth's lips.

If that's what I have to do to get a seat at that stupid table, so be it.

He sat up, looking down to the Stone Table of Lords, his mind wandering, an awkward agitated calm as he awaited this 'Final Trial'.

Stupid? Oh, no, little Lord-to-be Azathoth. The number thirteen covers all the dynamics of the Sith. Numbers you know not.

A swirling emphasis in his minds eyes.

Two begets the Rule of Two, the number the Sith aspire to but only as a way out of the shadows. Three speaks of the Rule of Three, which evokes the double-trinity of the Immortal Gods for the Sith but places another trinity atop it - nine, for the Nine Circles of the Netherworld. But even then, seven is the sacred number of Ruin, which again leaves six, referencing the double-trinity but acknowledging the seven above the six… the two above the three… the three above the six. The Sith above their Gods, the Order as the One, and carrying within it the potential for endless conflict.

The voice chuckled.

Did not Insipid teach you this as well?

My, my Sith certainly like their special little numbers, don't they?

Mused Azathoth, a faint smile still etched onto his lips.

He told me of some of these things, but not all. What exactly should I expect at this 'Final Trial'? How badly does Insipid intend to destroy my body?

A snort.

All Final Trials are transformative. All can see a student fail… or perhaps, the Master failed their apprentice. Some Trials are not designed for success, some merely for humiliation. Degradation…

A pause; pregnant.

Mutilation, the voice finished with some satisfaction.

It would be then that Azathoth would notice Ike staring at him from his Throne.

Which would you prefer?

Ah well, I expect nothing less of my Master. I of course choose transformation in the mode of destruction. The only sound course of action, for both the Order and myself.

Azathoth noticed Ike staring at him from the throne, the Sith apprentice flashed a smile and gave a cheeky wink, remembering their encounter on the Luxury Elite, and to think they were now allies. In a manner of speaking.

This Snoke fellow seems awfully annoying, a pity, a pity indeed. Ah yes, remind me, dear disembodied voice to go searching for a white-eyed man, that is one mystery I would quite like to solve.

A chuckle.

The white-eyed man, you say?

His tone was dangerously sharp.

Azathoth leaned back indeed, musing once more.

Mmm yes indeed, when before I traveled to this time I suffered a vision of a white-eyed man if I had to guess he was a Sith, perhaps going through whatever records we have on Sith and then I'll be able to recognize him. Or perhaps just ask Insipid, he seemed to know who he was.

The Emperor's Apprentice cast another glance to his Master and the rest of the Lords gathered. Mysteries within mysteries. So many Sith, one could say too many, but who was Azathoth to know? Still, there were many unanswered questions that floated in Azathoth's mind, chief of all was even after this Final Trial what lay beyond that? What plans did his Master have in store for him?

Ah yes, the vision.

The voice crooned.

The curious loose-end to antagonise the apprentice, the precursor to the 'driving mad' phase. Insipid bluffed; he knows not the identity of the White Eyed man... your vision is of something he has no idea of.

A chuckle.

I wouldn't trust me... I would press your Master...

The voice vanished.

If you can ever get some one-on-one time with him ever again...

Azathoth froze for a moment, thoughts racing through his head. An impulse occurred in his heart to stand up and point to Insipid, demanding to know who the white-eyed man was, but the temptation never came to pass. Secrets, within secrets, lies within lies. This was the currency the Sith traded in, the foundation on which this Order was built upon.

Well, it seemed Azathoth had many questions that needed answering his eyes like daggers glaring at Insipid. In time he thought, but he could not shake the feeling that this was a crossword, the end of the beginning.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy. . .the Third
    Round Hall of Torment.

Good points were being made and things were starting to shift and unravel in ways that were altogether - terrible. Terrible, it just was. There was no other word for it! His chair had been set at the third slot! He was seventh or ninth or something really really low before, now he was sitting at THIRD!

Soliloquy sat there staring a petulant gaze upon the Emperor for the whole meeting so far. Then after the politician that had an all to familiar face these days said his peace for staying behind Soliloquy had but one word to say. "No."

It was a simply fantastic word. Anyone had to admit that no matter what language you spoke there was a word for it, and that word was glorious! Stupendous! He just had to say it again in a deadpan turn the head and raise the voice so all could hear it! "NO."

"I do not believe the Hapan's should commit so heavily to this action. Already Leia is probably seeking final approval from your comm call stating the word Sith to authorize a Republic invasion of Hapes. Not to mention my own projects are not yet ready to stand on their own, if that invasion happens we must leave something to safeguard our rear action End of Time Again or not. I would recommend Star Home as it is currently a nursery, as well as a handful of Battle Dragons or other Hapan capital ships stay behind to deter any invasion and guard key points within the cluster. As for the Queen Mother she should stay behind with her children, I can serve as imposter for her on the lead warship if that spurring notion is needed of her leading the front lines." Waving a hand as if shooing a fly he bobbed his head a couple times as if swallowing another idea, "So to the first plan, no."

TAG: @darthhelinith, @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Lady Belligerent, @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ, @Adalia-Durron, @greyjedi125, @Silvertough, @E. L.Knight

18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Round Room

Renn was as much listening to the discussion, including the Emperor’s words as he was paying attention to the rapid growth of Baby. One thing that intrigued him, in the room, was the distant look in the eyes of one of the apprentices, the returned Insipid’s apprentice. Something was going on there and he could sense the energy but not the words or the substance of what was occurring. From the looks the man was giving, it was intense though.

However, he had already stated the position that he believed was the best one for he and Helinith. Thankfully others among the Circle believed similarly. And, at the moment it seemed that both High Lord Soliloquy and one of the ones he didn’t know, High Lord Graul intended to remain here as well. That would give them good strength here at Hapes and assist to secure their base here.

He did fully agree with what Soliloquy had stated, that a smaller force would be better to send, even if it contained many of the stronger Sith. And, as stated, Leia was most likely doing all she could to get the New Republic to approve the invasion as they debated here.

He looked to his little Craziness, stroking the tendril wrapped around his arm before his fingers touched her arm. A smile formed, they would do what they must because that was their way, and, hopefully, cause extreme chaos to the NR in the process.

He was also sure that the vampire and Lord Hate had their own plan to take on Snoke and that they could either use the backup once the force got there, or a major distraction in the form of the powerful Sith that would go. He nodded as he listened to the higher ranked lords. There was nothing else he needed to add to the discussion so he looked up at the Emperor, nodded deeply, expressing that he’d made his point, before he returned to giving his attention to Helinith and their ‘child’.

19. Darth Cocytus

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    Back to Remnicore

Cocytus hated Remnicore. It reminded him of Exegol. A lifeless, force forsaken rock. Even Korriban, as desolate as it was, was teeming with life of the Dark Side, as well as the Sith Spirits, all of which can be dominated by a powerful Sith Lord. However, at least this world wasn't completely lifeless either.

The kaminoan looked around, finding himself suddenly on this Remnicore, before looking up at the creature that was Tor Valum...

"Yes, the Five." Cocytus agreed, "They are indeed most... unusual."

His eyes narrowed in curiosity

"But you seem to speak in riddles again." He pointed out, "You speak of a Change? A new era is indeed dawning upon the Galaxy, is one not?"

Tor unfolded a hand, then another, then another, and another. Says the Kaminoan who originated from another timeline. His head wound around. The Force has a flow towards balance, originally personified by the Ones.

One hand pointed at the crashed monolith. These ships were theirs, usually prisons for dark side savants or monstrous spirits.

Another hand pointed to Cocytus. The Ones devised a way to prevent a Change from causing too much damage. Inevitably sentients would grow self-aware enough to see the future, and correctly interpret it. Someone would try to change that flow, and, as likely as rainfall, succeed. Chaos would follow, an avatar of destruction you’ve met.

There was a snarl, and for a moment a shade of Abeloth was upon his back, ensnaring him in tentacles and opening a yawing mouth to bite open his throat. She would vanish, and Tor waited to continue.

Tor unfolded a hand, then another, then another, and another. Says the Kaminoan who originated from another timeline. His head wound around. The Force has a flow towards balance, originally personified by the Ones.

"Fair enough."

Cocytus shrugged at the creature with a thin smile before glancing at the crashed monolith.

He stroked his chin in interest as Tor Valum explained what he was talking about, becoming quite interested.

Interest became fear, however, as the shade of The Mother appeared on his back, making him reach for his lightsaber, before it disappeared just as quickly.

"This is all very fascinating, but... what does this have to do with the War between The Resistance and The First Order, Darth Insipid's Sith Order and my own grand ambitions?" Cocytus asked, "Is this Change that the Ones sought to prevent happening once again with no Ones to prevent it this time around?"

It already happened, Tor said, wryly. Palpatine has experimented with Changes before. Here, he simply destroyed his own Empire to reap the radicals, and prepared for his true victory from Exegol. In another reality, he faked his death at the moment of Order 66, so he could allow others to bear the brunt of the chaos. A wave of his hand. And so on.

Tor Valum moved closer, limbs clicking and clacking. In nine years time the one now calling himself Kylo Ren will follow a trail of breadcrumbs laid by Palpatine here. To me. I will make him more powerful and dangerous than ever, and then release him into the galaxy to fulfil my legacy of chaos.

Darth Insipid knows this is happening; it has already happened. That the Battle of Exegol is a shallow finale to the war between Light and Dark. That Palpatine’s undoing will reveal the true manipulator of us all.

He lifted a clawed hand, finger poised. Would you like to see a Change? Do you need to believe me?

“I’d really rather you keep to the script, if you could,” came a voice, almost jaunty. There was a tall man in a Black-Coat standing behind them. Arms folded, body language serious.

Darth Cocytus listened with glowing eyes as he explained these 'Changes' and how Palpatine experimented with them. He wondered if the Palpatine from his own timeline experimented with such 'Changes' as well. Unfortunately, or rather, fortunate for Cocytus, Palpatine failed on both accounts.

His eyes narrowed as he explained his future meeting with the new Kylo Ren.

"Ah, but that has not happened yet." Cocytus pointed out, "You have not yet met Kylo Ren. So the future is liable to change. I will make a 'Change' myself by destroying this upstart Kylo Ren either in face to face combat or in the shadows through the might of the rebels."

The kaminoan then turned, somewhat surprised by the sudden appearance of this man in black.

His eyes glowed with malice.

"And just who are you to tell me what you prefer?" Cocytus asked, "I am a Dark Lord of the Sith. It is my right to conquer and rule the galaxy and destroy all those who oppose me. I do not need to follow some script like that of destiny or fate. My future is in my own hands. I will shape it as I see fit."

"Who am I?" The cloaked man took a step forward, and Tor Valum skittered back.

The Black-Coat spun on his foot, back to Cocytus. "Well, I could lie and tell you what I am, when I'm actually a brilliant artist, or even a scholar." He took steps away, arms broad, voice loud. "I could tell you that I dream of world peace." Then a hand dropped, and one formed into a fist - his tone dropped an octave. "When I'm actually planning it's destruction."

Finally, he tucked his arms behind his back and took an all-knowing tone. "The truth is what you see with your eyes, not what you hear."

"Peace is a lie." Cocytus sneered, but was rather curious, sensing... Fear from Tor Valum? What could scare a creature like that? "Only Jedi and the fools of the Rebellion believe in such things."

"Yet you speak in riddles that make me remember." The kaminoan added, "I will use my eyes then and say that you are hiding your identity from behind that cloak. Sith and Dark Jedi alike may do so to those of the Light with many such disguises. Surely, though, another Dark Sider would have to have a good reason to hide who they are from another... If you are a Dark Sider..."

He looked offended, hands on his chest. "Hiding?" His tone became incredulous. "Me, afraid?"

He put a hand on his head, conciliatory. "You're right. I'm utterly terrified!" He drew his hands to his neck, bunched into fists as he leaned forward. "I'm so scared of the Darkness, I daren't not take off this coat."

"You would, too, if you knew what I did!"

Darth Cocytus began to find this man more insufferable yet interesting with every word he spoke. He wasn't sure if this man was feigning fear and disbelief and thus kept his guard up.

"If you have fear, as you claim, then you are severely misusing it." The kaminoan pointed out, "Regardless of what the Jedi and Sith alike may claim, every living creature in the Galaxy has some kind or form of fear in their heart which in their own unique way, whether subtlety or explicitly, motivates their actions in life. One should let that fear feed into their anger and hatred as to fuel power in the Dark Side; to embrace the Darkness."

The kaminoan smiled thinly.

"What was it that you claim to have done to make you fear the Dark Side?"

"Me?" He held his hands up to the sky. "I have spoken with the First Darkness... it is terrifying. Wily, powerful... who wouldn't be scared of something that has no concept of sentience and flesh? That merely wears as shells so it can achieve its goals?"

The Master of Masters appeared exasperated as he leaned forward, hands beseeching. "Who wouldn't be scared of that?"

If Cocytus were to notice, he would suddenly realise that Tor Valum had vanished.

He is the Source of all Changes, Cocytus... be careful.

Cocytus stared at the cloaked man, aware of Tor Valum's sudden absence as well as his warning.

His eyes narrowed in caution, his guard way up.

"I see... Explain further to me this 'First Darkness'." The kaminoan replied, "And what do you know about these 'Changes' that Tor Valum speak of?"

The man before Cocytus answered to many names.

The founder of the Sages of Dwartii... Wapoe, the Atrisian Demi-God of Disguise... the Professor from Nouane... the Jester... the Arc... the Master... Samhain... even Daritha Trayus... There were various names and guises he took as he crossed realms pursuing the so-called End of Time.

To the Sith he was known as Wapoe... but to Cocytus he would speak one of his favourite names.

"Well, as you're interrogating me, let's be on a first-name basis." He placed his hand on his chest. "I am Darth Trayus, the great betrayer and liar. Let's get that out of the way, and you can choose what to believe, and what to not."

He bowed over his hand. "The Darkness is what I am truly interested in defeating. In creating a reality where it does not exist. The End of Time was but one attempt to erase existence and reset it... but it is important, when you pick your pieces from sentient beings, that they don't become self-aware."

A shrug.

"I assume I don't need to explain to you about Mortis and the Family of Ones? All four of them, you know about?"

"Darth Trayus." Cocytus repeated, ringing a bell, "Better not get it mixed up with Darth Traya, but I bet you are something far more than a mere Sith Lord by the way you're talking."

The kaminoan shrugged.

"From my experience, it's best to take everything you hear with a grain of salt until you can absolutely verify the data." He replied before listening further, "I know as much about the Ones as the next one who studied what they were. They're embodiments of different aspects of the Force; the dark side, the light side and what kept the two in balance."

"But explain further on this Darkness." Cocytus went on. He was basically just humoring the cloaked man, taking the fact that he was a deceiver into full account. "Sounds like something different than the Dark Side of the Force the Sith all know and love. The fact that you tried to end Time itself to rid the Galaxy. Tell me, is this the same Darkness that is worshiped in the Nihil Retreat in their Way of the Dark philosophy?"

He lifted a finger, pointed up. "Precisely the same. But this Darkness is more interested in propagation and infection than destruction... but small minds always see what they want." A sigh. "But if you want to understand the Change... I can provide proof."

A hand swept to the selfsame cave that Remnicore had stood in so long ago.

The one that had told him much, and set him on his path.

Darth Cocytus looked around to find him back at that cave, the cave he went to with Tor Valum before everything went from bad to worse for him and his pupil Darth Styx.

"What is the meaning of this?" The kaminoan asked, before his eyes suddenly glowed with deep and ambitious ideas, "Unless, when we speak of this 'Change' we mean the literal sense of the word? Can the Past be changed so as to change the Future?"
    A shake of the head. "No, the future can be Changed, if it is Known, is all."

"You can't change what has happened, after all." With a quirk of a hand, the Black-Coat indicated the cave once more. "Are not the basics of flow-walking taught any longer?"

Cocytus nodded, feeling somewhat disappointed, but still more determined than ever to change the future that Tor Valum foretold.

"I know very little, if anything, on what flow-walking is, but as for changing the past, I was just thinking, using my imagination of what may or may not be possible." The kaminoan shrugged, "I have been from one end of the galaxy to the other and back multiple times to have my sense of believability tested."

"So I ask again... What are we doing here?"

“I want you to defeat Darth Insipid, of course. I want to give you the tools to do so one more time. Bane played you against Insipid on behalf of Palpatine by way of Snoke. Now, Insipid seeds the future so he might have influence over it.”

The Black-Coat’s voice turned smug. “And I rather wanted to help you secure a new Sith apprentice. Or, perhaps, an old. Styx was her name, wasn’t it?” He bowed over his arm. “As payment for your time, I shall reunite you with her.”

The kaminoan's eyes glowed with the eternal ambition of his soul. Another chance to destroy Insipid and more, perhaps rid the Galaxy of his acolytes. More so, to be truly reunited with Darth Styx, his once faithful disciple and heir.

Yes! Cocytus could not have asked for anything less.

However, caution took hold, and remembered the last words of Tor Valum.

"And pray tell, what is the catch to all of this?" He asked, "More than once I have been offered a promise of power that soon proved false and empty."

“I need to get a few loose ends put under control… including Styx. So, if you could do the necessary… I’d be appreciative.”

A shrug. “It’s not as if you’re going to make traction here anytime soon… this Kylo Ren is much worse than the last one… he’ll kill you if you meet him.”

The Black-Coat’s voice grew considerably darker. “It’s written.”

And then his voice became lighter. “By me!”

The Black-Coat tucked his hands behind his back and vanished into the Cave.

The Black-Coat Man's words were... cryptic as usual, but it was clear to Darth Cocytus that he was ending up as a pawn in his game.

His eyes glowed as he thought of ways to take advantage and make Darth Trayus's goals his own.

Still, the kaminoan chooses to take the Black-Coat's at his word and write off meeting Kylo Ren... at least for now.

"Very well." He spoke calmly as he, with his absolute guard up, walked into the cave, curious to learn more.

@Sinrebirth

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2021
  20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Syren
    The Luxury Elite

“Aryan, why do we keep doing this?”

"Because this is what I gave up everything for. I’m on the cusp of achieving greatness, Syren. This is what we’ve crossed timelines for; what we’ve fought for. The Sith—who serve as our foundation—cannot stand when we’re divided. But now we have reestablished our base; we’re back. All of us…together. We can win this and expand our influence. It’s all ours for the taking, Syren."

Syren had relented at Aryan’s words, taken aback at the harsh turn in his personality. It wasn’t the first time a lover had chosen power and opportunity over her, but she had considered their bond something far greater than anything she had experienced in the past. She had expected more from him than this.

Watching him walk away from her once the lift had opened, following dutifully behind Amedda like a political lapdog, her heart twisted and she angrily wiped away a single tear that had fallen from her eye. If there had ever been a more fitting time for them to choose each other, to flee the confines of an Order that would never see cohesion and prosperity, it had passed them by.

Ayran Graul had chosen Aryan Graul; she needed to return to choosing herself over him.

--

The Round Room

Syren had remained mentally removed from those gathered, observing from her place upon a raised throne and refusing to partake in discussions. She was merely there to gain an understanding of next steps, and to possibly keep looking for a way out even as she doubted her resolve in actually following through. So, she watched the Sith talk and plot, watched Aryan avoid her and return to his political ambitions and greed. Still, could she really and truly abandon him?

Distracting herself from that train of thought, she took in Insipid's notable return to his full eccentricities, appeasing to their pride and selfishness with praise.

She had been here before, realizing the cycle that she had also incorrectly assumed Aryan had. She had never and would never be one for all-encompassing power and rule. Shadows were her home, her safety, always had been. Syren by nature felt exposed otherwise.

‘It’s all ours for the taking,’ Aryan had told her and she recoiled from the thought. This was where they diverged.

Perhaps thinking they had shared a common goal of breaking free of their chains and duty to the Sith had been foolish. Or rather, more likely she had grown corrupt by attachment, by love. It had certainly changed her, but was it for the better?

Syren shifted anxiously in her seat, self-conscious at the fact that she was in a position to be scrutinized and stared at. Not for the first time was she relieved that Aryan could no longer sense her in the Force, because her deepening disappointment in him was as loud as a scream.

TAGS: @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth , all others gathered.

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Dark Lady Bellorum
    aboard the Star Home

Only her eyes moved as she sat listening to Insipid’s display of temerity, but her attention was focused on those assembled.

One eye twitched slightly as she gazed over at Graul, it would take awhile to get over how he accused her of the Valieri incident. Which caused her think of Syren, those two were damned combustible. How dare Bellorum be accused of something she didn’t do after providing them with the evidence they asked for to solve their issue.

Next she looked to Azahoth and all she felt was contempt. Maybe it was just petty jealousy that he was her Master’s pet now, but she shoved that thought aside because that was beneath her. She’d have to keep a close eye on him.

“As long aswe have a strong forward deployment, I donot mind if some Sith remain here.”

Insipid’s words caught her attention, and she met his eyes and nodded slowly to indicate that she would be the one to stay if that was necessary. She’d had no say when Insipid had cast her away before, this time she wanted a say in her future.

Tag: @Sinrebirth and all gathered at SithCon.

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Darth Serapis occupying General Astarta's body
    En route to Star Home

General Astarta gathered Captain Regulus and some of her aides together. "Regulus, we're going to Star Home. You're in charge again. You've got an excellent group here. Thank you for your hospitality and keep up the good work." Captaincy changed hands, again, and she and her staff boarded her shuttle to leave.

Fortunately, she was able to arrive on Star Home in time to proceed to Round Room. She saw the glitter cannons go off. An instinct sent her and many of her aides into the mode ready for combat. Astarta, herself, grabbed Serapis saber, unlit, and held it up. She shook her head and smirked when she realized it was her former apprentice trying to be funny. She turned to her aides and eased their nerves. "Relax, folks. Queen Mother Helinith's sense of humor. You'll get used to it."

Astarta-Serapis realized just at this moment that she needed to be Serapis more than Astarta. To keep them here, she instructed, "In the meantime, stay here and plan. Get prepared for multiple eventualities. There's no telling where the Queen Mother will want us to go from here."

Serapis walked double-time to catch up to the group. Looking at them, it was jarring. She was seeing a mix of old Sith and new Sith. Some that she didn't even think were still alive. One in particular that she was concerned about.

Lady Bellorum.

Did she still hold a grudge with his betrayal?

As they entered the Round Room, Astarta grabbed Serapis robe off the rack. It felt lighter and heavier at the same time. And it didn't fit. Serapis' former body was the former Royal Guard Rendar. He was taller and stockier than Astarta. Astarta threw the robe over her arm and simply kept it with her. It wouldn't be a good look to have a robe falling off of her.

Insipid did as he'd done before, assigning seats to each of the Dark Lords, High Lords, etcetera. No surprises anywhere. He was pleased to be seated next to Ike. The man who had escorted him back to the library in the Sith Temple so many eons ago. He still looked the same. He was very well kept for all the time and energy expended since then. Serapis reached over and took his hand. He smiled fondly at Ike while people spoke.

So, too, he looked over at Aryan and Syren. This was the first time he'd seen them since he'd been captured by Belligerent on the Luxury Elite. The first time since they'd walked away from him rather than leave with him. They did look like they had some parsecs on them, though. Syren still looked good, certainly. She just had... experiences... evident on her face. Aryan looked like he'd been to hell and back. So much had happened since then. For everyone.

It appeared it was time for Serapis to put her part in, so she offered, "Lord, I am not sure how you desire the order of battle to go. And I cannot speak for Admiral Tomsini but I would believe that after Helinith won the admiration and loyalty of the Hapans, she and I will need to come with or the Hapans may balk at following the Sith into this battle. In that case, our place would be here on Star Home as the fleet travels.”

After she said this, she sat and listened. Many people offered their support, their advice, their admiration of Emperor Insipid. Still, she was surprised. So many Sith were saying they'd want to hang back. Serapis stood, smoothed down her uniform and walked to the middle of the round room.

"Dark Lords," she nodded in the triumvirs direction. "High lords," she turned and nodded in their direction. "The rest of the assembled Sith," she nodded around the rest of the room. "Insipid's words about some of us remaining behind notwithstanding, I'm surprised at you. Shocked, even. So many of you saying you'll remain behind? We've got two enemies out there. Leia and Snoke. Leia's just there." She pointed in the general direction of the blockade. "She's encapsulated." She waved dismissively in the same direction. "Snoke. I did some reconnaisance of him a while back. He's got some serious firepower. Not the least of which is Ship, a Sith Meditation Sphere. We need as many of you out there as we can get. I'll even try to convince some Hapans to go. It's that important. I just never thought I'd see so many of you as... cowards." She put her head down and walked back to her throne.

Tags: @Sinrebirth, @Lady Belligerent, other assembled Sith.

23. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    (Belated) IC: Lord Hekate

Earlier:
    Stepping into the austere confrence room with it's holographic maps, Lord Hekate took her place as the holder of the Thirteenth Throne and followed Emperor Insipid into the antechamber. Bowing before the Triumvers, she sat down and spoke softly, "I give you thanks, Emperor Insipid, for my post atop the Thirteenth Throne."

After giving him her deepest thanks, she took her seat and listened to Serapis give an impassioned speech, and she found herself agreeing with him. Had they not just won a great victory against their numerous enemies who wished to again splinter the unified Sith Empire into nothing but squabbling sects, bent on destroying each other? Were they cowards or warriors?

At the mention of a trip to seek out relics on Oba Deah, Hekate decided she would go. She was aware her beau, Underlord Bernael would also be going. This time would be different, no distractions. Her arcane knowledge of plants and animals was complete, she was now a full Lord of the Sith. Her romance would be a nice perk, but this was the time to focus.

"As holder of the Thirteenth Throne, I request to go on the mission to Oba Deah, that is if my Higher Lords and Ladies permit me to do so," she announced calmly.

Tag: @Sinrebirth , @Lady Belligerent , @Darth_wanderguard , @DarthIshyZ , @darthbernael and all other Assembled Sith

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Round Room, aboard the Star Home, Hapes

Matters began to shift and reveal.

He could not immediately comment on the plans of Syren, but by and large everyone else had came to a decision.

There had been a few lectures which undoubtedly would not go down well, but Insipid did not need an entirely unified Order at his beck and call. He had seen many times before that a disunited Order served him as well as a unified one, as long as they were still loyal to him. Which it seemed they were; indeed, the criticisms gave him a chance to appear magnanimous.

That and Serapis was going to earn himself a throat-crushing if this continued.

He chuckled, appreciating the support.

His hand raised for them to cease speaking. "Thank you, my Lords. But notwithstanding the apparent priorities of those who would prefer to remain behind, we do require a reserve team, and it serves the Order well that it be so well equipped." The Sith Emperor nodded. "Dark Lady Bellorum and Dark Lord Soliloquy will lead the reserve forces, with her High Lord Graul, Lady Helinith, and Lord Renn. I trust you will each ensure the Hapan realm remains secure." His eyes swept to Ike. "I would request Lord Ike remain also."

His lover (ex or otherwise) raised an eyebrow, but otherwise crossed his leg and shrugged. "Sure, whatever."

He eyed his apprentice, who seemed elsewhere. Insipid rapped a mental knuckle on his mind to remind him to concentrate. But then again, politics did occasionally cause one's eyes to glaze over, for the uninterested. Azathoth was seemingly one of those. No matter, Insipid did not require another politician, not when he had Aryan... which was why Ike was here.

He had not missed the expression between the two of them, and Insipid needed that unravelled.

But he continued speaking. "I shall lead the reinforcements for High Lord Manticore and Lords Bernael and Iudex. Please ensure that you have collected whatever items you require from the Hapan armory, or the stocks of the Luxury Elite, before we depart. Contact me if you have any unusual requests. Lord Serapis, Lady Hekate, I appreciate your desire to assist. Apprentice Azathoth, I expect you to be well equipped for this trial."

Trial, came the voice in Azathoth's head. My boy, he is antagonising you, is he not?

Darth Insipid had already ordered a converted Imperial shuttle to be commandeered by the Sith. It had been upgraded with heavier weapons and shields, cutting hard at the cargo space but he had room for the Sith who were accompanying him. "We shall meet in the hangar in one hour."

At that, he leapt down from his Throne, and stalked out.

He expected his Sith to depart with him, and for those remaining to do so with Dark Lady Bellorum and Acting-Dark Lord Soliloquy.

Of course, some of the Sith may very well choose to leave Bellorum's presence for their own projects. Ike for his part dropped down and gave Aryan a look; he wanted to talk. There was an insistence to his gaze. Now. Otherwise, Amedda bowed to the Emperor, and Inspid paused for a moment before he left.

He eyed the scepter, and then, deciding against something, headed out.

There was one more thing of note.

On Syren's inner left arm would appear a note. It appeared to have been carved there, and healed as a scar - a tattoo in blood, arguably. She would never have seen it before, and remember that, and also just as suddenly remember that she had seen it there for her entire time out of stasis. Both statements were true, arguably, because it had been added to her arm...

Come to Dwartii; alone. Graul is not to be trusted. The truth will set you free.

It was a mystery.

But it was also a path.

Her path.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent, @Darth_wanderguard, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael (singles in the Round Room or otherwise as co-GM Bell so declares)

@HanSolo29 (combo with Sinre as Ike)

@QueenSabe7 (single or combo of your choice)

@Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ, @Shadowsun (singles, PM me what you raid from the armory)
    ---
    IC: Colonel Teems

Arriving in the Akkadese Maelstrom, now, the Maw

It had taken longer than expected for the ships to arrive at the Maw.

Long enough for Teems to be concerned; for him to put his crew through two full drills - one disabling the battleship before it deployed, one disabling the nearest platform while using it as a shield from the others.

Long enough for Iudex and Shimmer to become well acquainted with their uses for each other; even long enough for them to waken, have another go if they so wished, and to acknowledge the need to dress and head to the hangar.

Long enough for Zestus to have checked and double checked every piece of data in Sabel's pre-Endor records for a hint of this project.

Long enough for Manticore to become aware of his ability to flow-walk, that it was tied to his location, and he could not travel into the future because it was too tangled. In the words of the Darkstaff, that is. It did give him glimpses of the Maw in the past, with Star Destroyers patrolling the depths with prototype TIE Brutes, a mad dash by a YT-1300 through secret paths, and even the question of whether the Ones created this cluster of black holes was answered; they did. In-fact, the only difference seemed to be from the Battle of Endor, but there were shadows of Change before. He was close to the answer... to the why.

Long enough for Bernael to fully recover from the wounds to his soul from Abeloth, or rather, the memory of Abeloth that had became sentient. For him to nurse an understanding that Claiomh had been here, and had again vanished. For him to remember, or perhaps misremeber, other loves and losses.

The Hapan Battle Dragon and their smaller escorts arrived -

And it was there.

An Executor-class Super Star Destroyer.

Pennant code Eclipse

The Trade Federation battleship behind it, freighters already removing pieces of battle platforms.

A Death Star behind it, resonating with a terrible fury in the dark side, a swirling of gravitic energy being drawn into it.

A laughter permeating the entire black hole cluster.

Snoke was here.

The comms crackled; the SSD was hailing them. "This is Grand Admiral Sloane. I would consult your Force before you die."

The nineteen kilometer monster opened fire, and Captain Teems had time to look at the Major and shrug.

"Of course I was killed by a woman."

The Battle Dragon vanished into a detonation, killing all aboard.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @darthbernael, @Silvertough (mention for @DarthIshyZ)

TAG: @Adalia-Durron (combo continues)

TAG: @Darth Cocytus (TAG elsewhere)

25. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    OC: Combo with Berneal

IC Baby (NPC), Helinith, and a tiny bit of Renn
    Awakenings

Seeing Insipid 'consume' a holocron had been... interesting... Helinith shuddered and shook her head. Urgh.

The noise, the feeling of the waves of Force power washing around, the presences around the infant Neti began to wake him more. As the procession to the Round Room began the tendrils that were waving around began to thicken, the one wrapped around Helinith’s arm as well. Beyond that the trunk of the plant thickened even more than the tendrils and at the top a portion of it began to smooth out and change into another shape.

Helinith was glad the creature she was carrying did not seem to have eyes...yet. In fact, so grossed out by Insipid's display, and so enthused by being back with the former master, she quite forgot for the moment that there was unfinished business- a punchline to tell. She walked along, skipping once every few steps, happily following the procession without a care in the world.

Delighted that she had made the former master laugh, Helinith walked back into the round room full of confidence, and unaware of the changes going on in her arms as she held the pot with the netiling close to her chest. That she had 'dropped' a throne place didn't bother her in the slightest, the further she was from the top positions, the better- she knew that being higher up tended to paint a target on ones back. She found it interesting that Berneal had seemingly dropped seats, but admittedly, she didn't know Syren and Ike well enough to make any assumptions about that, nor Graul for that matter- someone who she did know, but had avoided getting to know better.

She arranged herself in her assigned seat with an air now confident in wearing things that three months ago she would have been at serious risk of tripping on the hemline of. She did not miss Insipid's look at the staff that Mas Ameda carried. She had seen the same look on his face many a time around holocrons. Sooner or later, that staff would come into the man's possession, it was only a matter of time, and patience. Sometimes not.

She was midway through listening to Renn when she noticed the changes to the creature in her arms- its changing state had scattered a smattering of soil on her cloak, which she had tried to brush off and then found her arm restricted by the vine. She went back to listening to Renn, but kept a closer eye of what was going on, half curious, half mystified.

By the time the procession had reached the Round Room the smooth spot was beginning to take on what could be roughly described as features. Another tendril had reached out and was waving by Renn’s arm as the Sith entered the room and the thrones came into view. The two of them were standing close as Emperor Insipid instructed each of the Sith which of their seats were which. When both Helinith and Renn had seated themselves, Renn had spoken to the Emperor and retaken his seat, that second tendril wrapped around Renn’s arm as well and the pot shifted in Helinith’s grasp, almost to the arm of her throne.

He glanced down at it, his gaze travelling along the tendril until he saw the face beginning to take shape. He didn’t want to draw attention to it but saw she was as focused on it as he was. Movement had begun behind what had to be described as eyelids and he knew that soon Baby would fully wake up. He looked around but it didn’t appear that any of the others noticed, more focused on the discussion of what was to come.

The trunk of the vine thickened even more, the base splitting slightly, forming two distinct smaller trunks, the thicker section beginning to take on that slightly round shape of an infant’s torso. The tendrils tightened and loosened on both Renn and Helinith’s arms.

The chat continued and Helinith was distracted for a moment by Soliquoy's interjection, to which she nodded. Despite their poor start, she found she and the sith lord often seemed to agree on things when it came to policy.

Helinith was opening her mouth to respond when the 'thing' in her lap shifted and for a moment she could have sworn she saw a face on it. She frowned, puzzled.

Renn glanced up and saw Helinith’s frown, ”Think he’s responding to all the energy in this room, growing even faster.” he whispered to her.

The face began to take on even more shape, the eyelids fluttering slightly, a line forming where a mouth would be. The body of Baby was close to fully formed, in size. His tendril arms and legs were thicker and almost able to support him. The little face turned toward Renn, then Helinith and the beginning of a sense of a presence was blossoming in him.

"Couldn't have picked a worse time." Helinith muttered back.

Despite her words, her fingers gently touched the top of its head, where thick little branches had sprouted and pressed against its head like curls, some of them adorned with tiny leaves. They were similar to the leaves she'd seen on Renn before, though perhaps a little darker.

Renn smiled, a touch of sadness in it as he did agree, ”We’ll make sure he’s taken care of. And if we’re staying here to run the Consortium then he will be here with us.”

He reached down, running a hand along the thick ‘arm’ that was holding his. At the brush he felt it shift and there was a surge. His eyes dropped and he could see the swell of roots, Baby was slightly surging out of the pot as he came close to waking.

Looking back up at his wife, ”He’s going to wake, very soon.”’

Helinith yelped in surprise which she only just managed to stifle as she grabbed the netiling and tried to hold it down in its pot.

"Don't go wandering now!" She half whispered, half prayed. "There's a big drop to the floor!"

Renn was just reaching for the infant as Baby popped free of the pot finally, squirming in Heliniths arms. Baby’s eyes opened and he turned as Insipid spoke then stood, departing his throne and began to stride off. “RANDA!!” his thin reedy voice yelled out.

Helinith gaped at him before quickly recovering.
    "No! No, no-no, no-oh, nooooo, no, not Grandad. Insipid. In-Sip-id. As in 'in-sect eye-lid' or 'eye-spy see-cret'..."
    She paused for a moment before looking at the neti in her lap. "But really. THAT's you're first word? What about 'chaos!' or 'death!' or 'long live the sith'? Those are all far more suitable."

The netiling turned its head and beamed up at her, delighted at the attention she was giving it.
    "Anda adadadada! Sssspppfffff!" He reached out with his hands and one of his palms gripped her cheek, hard.

Helinith winced at its sharp fingers and it smiled back, not understanding a word.
    "You got the punchline wrong," she told it firmly, "It was four. Always four."

Tags: Everyone in the Round room
    @Lady Belligerent, @Darth_wanderguard, @Mitth_Fisto, @darthbernael @HanSolo29 @QueenSabe7 @Nehru_Amidala, @DarthIshyZ, @Shadowsun