main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW Starships Of The Galaxy ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulkesh2, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    ROTJ IS published information in a licensed source. As is "From SW to Indiana Jones". Just because the lenght of around 12 miles isn't spoken out, so that even the most dumbest of fans have to accept it doesn't mean it isn't there and doesn't count. The movies might not give us the exact lenght, but they show for sure what lenghts it is not.

And speaking about Jerec's Vengenace: "being roughly over ten kilometes long" is NOT the same as almost "twice the lenght".

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Can we not get into another e-peen match over size again? We've beaten that to the death, one would think...

3. Maximillian-Veers

Maximillian-Veers Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Liberty Type:
    24 Turbolasers, 20 Heavy Ion Cannons, 6 Tractor Beams
    36 Starfighters

Home One Type:
    36 Turbolasers, 36 Heavy Ion Cannons, 6 Tractor Beams
    120 Starfighters

4. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    okay, now for a question that I've always been curious about:

in light of its new WOTC stats, is the Home One-type MC80 actually superior to the New Republic MC80a? Is the MC80a a cheaper economy model, although chronologically later? (Compare TIE Avenger and TIE Interceptor).

5. Maximillian-Veers

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd say it was an attempt to bring the average MC80 up to Home One specs. The number of Fighters carried is lower on the MC80a than the Home One, but the # of Turbolasers was higher.

6. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    hmm, so the Home One and the MC80a can co-exist in slightly different roles, the MC80a more the heavy-gunner, the Home One the carrier. Thats neat. I like your idea that the MC80a was an attempt to bring the Liberty-type up to Home One level. Don't some books actually use the Liberty-type to illustrate MC80a?

OK, Veers, so how do the SOTG SE stats for MC80 Liberty compare to the WEG ones, and the Home One stats to the info from the Guide to the SW Universe (iirc the source).

7. Maximillian-Veers

Apr 27, 2005
    The stats on the Liberty type are identical to the old WEG MC80. I actually miscalculated. The old MC80's Turbolasers only did 4D damage, so converting it from D20 Saga, it should be 48 Turbolasers, not 24.

If we use the same type of Turbolasers on the Home One, then it is 72 Turbolasers on the Home One.
    This is obviously many more than the paltry 29 Turbolasers listed in A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, but the number of Ion Cannons & Tractor Beams are identical. I'd say that they went for the canon sources, but realised that the 29 Turbolasers needed to be upgraded very badly.

8. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Well, obviously, like Nick, I wish every single type of Mon Cal ship could be in this book. Well, obviously this book is a counterpart to the released Starship minis. So if we want stats for MC80a, -b, -90, etc., we better push for minis of those as well.

It also only mentions Liberty and Home One MC80 variants. Why not the Pearly Wingless? IIRC, there is no Pearly Wingless mini--also needed~

9. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I read the SOTG entry for the Sith Infiltrator Scimitar; nothing about it blowing up. It says Palpatine kept it maintainted but unused during Clone Wars, and strongly hints that after the New Order was established Palpatine gave it (or an identical ship) to Inquisitor Draco, the Dawn of Defiance villain.

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Could anyone be so nice as to link or upload a few ship pictures from the guide? :) The customs ship would be especially nice since I always loved their design from the old WEG books.

I also wanted to ask if there is any new info or a picture about/off the Vindicator-Class.

Thx in advance and best regards

11. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    There is an entry, some stats, and a little bit of information about the Vindicator class (That's the one the Interdictor was built on, right?), but no separate picture.

If I recall correctly (don't have the book handy just this second) the info basically amounts to "Oh, the Empire did in fact keep a few of the original Vindicators around even after they started refitting most of them to be Interdictors."

What there isn't (sadly) is any info on the original construction and purpose for those Vindicator cruisers.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I see, thx. A pic would have been nice but we already got a lot of juicy info about them in the original SOTG anyway, so I wasn?t really expecting to much new stuff about them anyway. :)

13. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I keep trying to read your name as "Glorfindel."

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I know but funny enough you are the third person to mention that today. ;) The name actually comes from the Warcraft 2.

15. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm reading this book now and I'm happy I ordered it. It's been done with a lot of care and the entries are interesting though many shipss have alreeady appeared in numerous sources. This book is most interesting for the 'RotS'-ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.