main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Supreme Edition Darth Vader Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mr Vader, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016
    Just got a new Rubies Adult Supreme Edition and have a few questions about modifications/alternations:

Has anyone taken the straps off of the back of the Chest Box and attached Velcro to the Box and Jump Suit? I read online about doing that, but also read that the Velcro would have to be sewn onto the Suit, because, at some point, the adhesive on the Velcro would loosen from the Suit and come off. The Box is fairly light, but I could see this happening and the last place that a person would want this to happen would be at a party. If the Velcro wouldn't attach back onto the Suit........time to go home? I took the straps off of the Box yesterday, but then thought about the Velcro coming off of the Suit and now re-thinking that I should put the straps back on the Box.

Has anyone had to shorten the legs on the Jump Suit? I got an Extra Large Suit, which fits me darn good, but the leg length is a little too long.

Anyone need to shorten the Cape? When I put the Cape on, I was sort of amazed at how long the Cape was. Wife said we could hem it up, like the legs.

Do you tuck the bottom of your Suit legs inside your boots or pull the them over the boots? What I want to make sure of is.......when I put on/zip-up the Chin Armor, the don't slip up and down. Again, I read that someone cut the cloth/zipper off and applied Velcro to the Armor and boots.

I actually have the HUGE helmet that was sent with the costume, but also have a 2-piece Mask that is 1/2 the size of the Rubies Supreme Edition helmet. But, the smaller one doesn't have any sound with it. Don't know which would look better with this costume.

Thanks for any help/ideas/suggestions that can be given to me.
    BTW, my wife has the Rubies "Female" version of the Stormtrooper. Definitely looks good in it!

2. Mr Vader

Mr Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2016
    Put the straps back on the chest box until I hear from someone that replaced them with Velcro and was able to make the Velcro stay on the jump suit. Originally, the Velcro thing sounded very good to me, but the more I thought about how secure it would be to the suit, the less I wanted to use the Velcro for the box.

I understand that a number of people who have bought Rubies Star War costumes aren't very happy with them.
    Before this Supreme costume, we bought me the Deluxe one and I had to do a number of things to make it look better. Gloss paint, Clear Lacquer and strips of Velcro were definitely needed for this costume. And, like this Supreme costume, I've noticed that the Chest Box is located to far down from the Collar Armor. Didn't realize this until I took a look at some online photos of Darth Vader. Don't know why Rubies made the Box so low OR why Rubies made the two square lights on the Chest Box the wrong color/order. Not that "electronically" inclined, so will have to keep the Box the way it is.

This Supreme costume is the most money we can/would spend on a Vader costume, even though I've read how others are spending thousands on their Vader costume. With some alternations/modifications, this Rubies Supreme will come out mighty nice..........at least to wife and I. Just seeing my in the Jump Suit w/Collar Armor on really got her excited and amazed how good looking it was. But, then again, injected plastic molding is always much better than foam!

Some of the sewing on my wife's Female Stormtrooper costume, made by Rubies, has come undone. However, the costume is fairly tight on her, so when she stretches, the sewing can/did come apart in a couple of places. If she can't sew the couple of spots up, will have to get another one for her.

Sure hope to hear from someone about this Supreme costume and how they altered/modified theirs or someone else's.