main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion New talking dolls supposedly spoilerish

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by queenofhollywood, Nov 6, 2015.

1. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    A friend of mine just told me he heard some of the lines said by some talking dolls and apparently he's putting some plot points together. Now... I'm a bit skeptic. I'm not sure how the marketing team wouldn't have thought of that and would release talking dolls with spoilers in them, but just in case, for those of us overly cautious, I guess avoid checking for now...?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  2. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    All I know is that the Kylo Ren doll has some lines which give away more than one may desire. Including myself.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Stormtroopers don't seem to give anything away - that's only one I've heard. They just said classic "Stormtrooper-y" things.

But apart from that, good to know, thanks!

4. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    ChewieWe'reHome thanks for the heads up! So it is a good idea to avoid.

My friend just clarified that if you put together trailer scenes and the dolls and stuff, you end up knowing more than you wish you did. So thanks to those who've suffered for the greater good and warned us. :p

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I can confirm that the dolls and talking masks drop some pretty revealing lines from the movie. I heard them because I wanted to hear what the voices of the characters sounded like, but I got a lot more than I thought. You can't put a button in front of me that says "press here" and expect me to leave well enough alone.

6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I haven't seen these dolls nor have I heard them and now I plan to avoid them...

Maybe we should just make up 1-liners for the fun of it?

Captain Phasma Doll:
    “Your crimes are past forgiveness, Kingslayer.Skywalker”