main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New TMNT trailer

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rumsmuggler, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I used to love TMNT. I had sheets and everything. My parents bought an extra set of sheets so that I could hang that set on my wall when I was young. My wall was covered in TMNT stuff.

Oh, I owed the Ninja Turtle album too. "We're the turtles! You can count on us!"

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  3. jadenkorr81

jadenkorr81 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2006
    Wow, that was awesome. I can't wait to see that.

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Wow, I was actually pleasantly surprised by that trailer. It made me laugh a little, and I actually like the style of the animation. For anyone that's ever read the old black and white comics, the size of the turtles is spot on, but it adds some of the style of the new cartoon at the same time. I think it'll be very action heavy, and while I was hoping for a bit more drama like the first film, going overboard with the eye candy might work well with something like this too.

As for the older turtles movies, II was my favorite as a kid, but I actually like that one the least now. The first I really think got better with age, just because of the maturity of it. And the only real flaw I can say about three is the terrible costumes...

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Just when you thought it was safe to back into the sewer. [face_plain]

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Not a fan of the Turtles?

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

That was embarrassing to any pre-'90s teen who's seen the movies. This is aimed at kids, pure and simple. And, well, why not?

8. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Well, I apologize to any pre-90's teen(s) that I may have offended.:)

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I might watch that on TV for old-times-sake, but I couldn't bring myself to go to the movies to see it.
    I can't imagine it will have the appeal it once had while at it's peak.

10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Considering that this is based, more off of the comic and the current cartoon, it should be as good as the first film. I've also heard that this is supposed to take place after the first film, and they are forgetting the rest, but I don't know how true it is yet.

11. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Actually its based straight off the original comics more so than anything, so this is what the turtles should have always been like. For kids, well what TMNT film isn't? Hell, while the original films were good and had a good level of mature content, this is a step in the right direction, and any turtle fan would know that.

12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  13. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I think that trailer was awesome. I like the new show, but i haven't been able to follow it after year 2. It's just not on that much in my area, and the dvd's are expensive.

14. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

What I meant, whatever the movies were, they were actors stills, and at least the first movie was cool. This looks just like some cartoon, wacky and banal punchline loaded. Which, as I said before, isn't a bad thing; it's aimed at kids and they'll like anyway. But having experienced the after-school cartoons and the live-action movies . . . this is waaay different, silly even.

Still, '80s revival is a good thing. Open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur. [face_dancing]

15. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
  16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

Have you read the comic, or are familiar with them. They are pretty hardcore from what i've heard of them and they are a helluva lot more serious than the original animated series. The current animated series is supposed to be more faithful to the comic than the first series was.:) I try to watch the new series when I can, but classes and work get in the way most of the time. It's a sweet cartoon, as far as cartoons made for kids go.

17. CJS

CJS Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    Go ninja...go ninja...go!

18. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    im happy the turtles are back!
    theyre bossa-nova! er.. chevy-nova?
    EXCELLENT!

does any body read the Mirage title?

19. jadenkorr81

Dec 11, 2006
    Nope, but I wish I did.

20. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I actually used to collect the turtles comics, they were very brutal. Once the cartoon came out they calmed down a little. But I'll never forget when Leo got captured by Leatherhead and he escaped in a time portal. So, Mike, Raph, and Don tried to go to the future to find Leatherhead, and they end up meeting themselves in the future. But it ends up that the only ones alive are Raph and Don, and they have this flash back to the Rat King finding their lair at some point. And what followed was a pretty bloody scene of Mike, Leo, and Splinter getting killed and Raph losing his eye.

Yeah, the old comics rocked.

21. jadenkorr81

Dec 11, 2006
  22. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    hmmm...i dont recall that story, was that from when Image comics?:confused:
    didnt get in to that series, only the Mirage & Archie.
    i know in TMNT Adventures (Archie) that they jumped to the future, an Raph lost
    an eye. but they werent fighting Leatherhead.

anyway cant wait for this movie! March!?!!
    LOVED the first one
    more excited about the Turtles than the Transformers!

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000

Same here..

24. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Can I be honest... I didn't like Transformers when I was a kid. I watched the movie a few hundred times and collected the toys, but hated Generation 1 & 2. So, I could care less about the Transformers movie, but Turtles looks fantastic.

25. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'm definitely gonna go see this. I used to love the (old) animated series as a kid. Though I'll be honest, and say I've never seen the movies. [face_blush] So, I can't say if this one will be better or worse. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.