main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New TMNT trailer

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rumsmuggler, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    :eek:

Sir, get yourself to the nearest Blockbuster straight away.

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I wish they'd made a movie based on the current cartoon on Fox (before the Fast-Forward). I like the animation, it's pretty funny, good action, interesting characters, etc. I just hate all the inconsistency between the old cartoon, the new cartoon, the live-action movies, the new CG movie, and what have you.

I never read the old black and white comics, just started in the very late eighties when they had all the kiddy stuff like Beebop, Krang, Rocksteady, and all those other looney characters. But, I liked the more kiddy Turtles, I don't need them to be all cursing, gritty and in-yer-face! It's a show about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it shouldn't take itself too seriously (I guess you could say that about a movie called Star Wars, too).

There's still not even a canon history for how Splinter was created, is there? I've heard that Hamato Yoshi was the man, he was the rat...

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002

I know, I need to. :(

Maybe I will before the new one comes out. :D

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    The thing about TMNT is that there are several diverse 'canons', including but not limited to:

1. The original canon, the (Mirage published) comic series
    2. The late 80s/early 90s cartoon show
    3. The (Archie Comics published) comic series
    4. The early 90s live-action movies
    5. A short-lived Japanese cartoon
    6. The live-action TV show "The Next Mutation"
    7. The (Image published) comic series
    8. The new cartoon
    9. The new movie

In all versions except for 2, 3, and maybe 5, Splinter was the pet rat of a man named Hamato Yoshi.

Also, canon 1 began with the original comic series in the mid-80s. The first volume of the series ran for 62 issues, and the second volume for only about 13. The Image published series (canon 7) was intended to be the third volume, but featured such wild story concepts that when the fourth (and current) volume debuted it was decided to ignore the Image series.

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    The trailer looks good enough to waste a few dollars on, plus you can't lose with Buffy, Professor X, and Ziyi Zhang in the voice cast! :cool:

6. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    and Silent Bob.:D

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000

He was a rat in the children's cartoon from the 80's/90's..

8. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    I remember the cool intro from the 80's cartoon, where Yoshi the man transforms into the "radical rat" lol! We thought it was so hilarious in the live-action film when it showed that rat mimicking his master's martial arts in its cage. I later found out that that was the original storyline (and that Baxter Stockman was always a black male, rather than the geeky fly I grew up with, and that April was a research assistant, rather than a news anchor). Then there's the new cartoon, then the Fast Forward, now a new movie, which will no doubt change everything again.

It's all very confusing. I guess I'll head over to Wiki for a refresher.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I forgot that. It's been years since I watched the original cartoon. Dimension X ruled though. I wanted a flying convertibile back in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.