main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New to the forums...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ABH1979, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Hey guys.

I've been a Star Wars fan pretty much my whole life, but for whatever reason, I've never really been a part of any SW online community. Which is weird, because I have been a member and moderator on a few other forums. So anyway, thought I would check out the Jedi Council. I'll definitely need to learn how you guys operate here, as it's a bit different than what I'm familiar with, but this really looks like a fun place with good people.

A little of my SW background:
    I'm primarily an OT fan. ROTJ was actually my very first Star Wars movie, so I have no aversion to the Ewoks, and in fact, still really enjoy Battle for Endor (Caravan is fine, but can be tedious to sit through).

Not really a Prequel fan, but I can still find select scenes that I like in those movies. The Clone Wars (series) was pretty great -- easily the best thing to come out of the Prequel era, imo.

For the new movies, I actually liked Rogue One the most, so far, though I'm hoping Solo will be good enough to replace it as my fav Disney SW movie. I found TFA to be the most middle of the road SW movie -- better than the Prequels (acting and character-wise, if not story-wise), but doesn't touch the OT. And TLJ, for me, is somehow simultaneously better and worse than TFA, if that makes any sense. I like most of scenes with Rey, Luke, Kylo and Snoke, but my brain can't see Canto Bight without thinking the Fifth Element and expecting Chris Tucker to show up. But whatever, my issues, are my issues -- I completely understand that other fans love this entire movie.

Beyond the movies, I am a Star Wars figure/toy collector (among other things), but I pretty much stick to the OT era. I have read some of Marvel's Star Wars comics, but I'm not caught up on any of them. Really loved the Dark Empire and Tales of the Jedi books from the early Dark Horse comics era. And I played Star Wars: Galaxies long, long time ago, before the combat upgrade, and still really miss that ol' Star Wars sandbox...

That's probably enough for now -- thanks guys.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Welcome and be sure to check out our Collecting forum!

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Thank you -- I'll take a look a the Collecting forum now.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome @ABH1979 to the forums. Please ask us if you have any questions about navigating the forums.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Any TCW fan is a fan of mine :)

KyloViral and ABH1979 like this.
  6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Thank you -- will do.

Awesome, thank you. :)

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If you're looking for talk on the animated series (TCW, Rebels, and the upcoming Resistance series), visit the TV forum!

8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @ABH1979 and welcome to the forums - I hope you will enjoy your time here with us :)

9. lilforceghost

lilforceghost Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2018
    W.E.L.C.O.M.E!!

I hope you enjoy the awesome peeps here! :D

ABH1979 likes this.
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :)

The OT will always be my favorite, but I’m the kind of fan who just loves her Star Wars. [face_laugh] Please let me know if you have questions or would like help finding anything.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Yeah, same. The OT will always be my primary era of Star Wars, but I'm always open to more, no matter what it is.

I know I won't like all of it, which is why I actually want Disney to keep making more -- so that if I dislike one movie, hey, no big deal, there's always the next movie or TV show...

12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Welcome, @ABH1979 . Glad to see another fan of The Clone Wars come on board. I hope you will feel right at home here.

KyloViral, ABH1979 and Master_Rebado like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s always good to have a new member to our community. You’ll find places to talk about all sorts of interests.

I hope you have a great time here and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

KyloViral, ABH1979 and Master_Rebado like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Mate from Australia! Been here a LOOOONG time, so you got a question, Probably know the answer here ;)

ABH1979 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Welcome!!! You will find the fanfiction section replete with all kinds of wonderful OT fics. The amazingly talented Ewok Poet is also well-versed in Ewok-ness ;) and has written Ewok-centric fics among other things.

Wonderful discussions on movies and also role playing and collecting discussions are also featured in their own sections. :cool:

Adalia-Durron and ABH1979 like this.
  16. KyloViral

KyloViral Jedi Padawan

Sep 9, 2017
    Solo definitely will.

17. KyloViral

KyloViral Jedi Padawan

Sep 9, 2017
    You're right.After all Star Wars is called the forever series.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Yeah, same. The OT will always be my primary era of Star Wars, but I'm always open to more, no matter what it is.

I know I won't like all of it, which is why I actually want Disney to keep making more -- so that if I dislike one movie, hey, no big deal, there's always the next movie or TV show...[/QUOTE]

Lady Belligerent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.